FC GLITCH IS FIXED!!! (kinda)

Options
Escorian - Dreamweaver
Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
goons will still spawn the same way but they now give exp not worth it. b:chuckleb:byeb:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
Post edited by Escorian - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Really? Sounds like they just changed the spawn mob to the one from the old farmable FC. Gives **** exp, much like TT mobs.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thank god. This fixes everything. No more 105- oh wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what?

What Esco is trying to say (I think), is that FC glitch fix was in fact a modification of the experience rate of the Dragoons, rather than a removal of the spawn mechanic. I would like to see official word on it before rejoicing, though...
  • notdurablesalt
    notdurablesalt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And u know how? You were probably glitching urself i bet!
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And u know how? You were probably glitching urself i bet!

Umm... If you go in and actually do the quests, you kind of have to kill the Dragoons that spawn with the boss. Anyone who's been in there would notice the experience difference. In other words, don't go throwing accusations around without proof.b:bye
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Umm... If you go in and actually do the quests, you kind of have to kill the Dragoons that spawn with the boss. Anyone who's been in there would notice the experience difference. In other words, don't go throwing accusations around without proof.b:bye

This, and i'm glad to hear this and would love confirmation. :D This fix is the smartest one, i think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This, and i'm glad to hear this and would love confirmation. :D This fix is the smartest one, i think.

Especially if they still allow players who want the challenge to do it. Without the mass experience gain, it shouldn't be an like it was before. We'll see what the official word is after the weekend is out, especially with Labor Day on Monday.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Especially if they still allow players who want the challenge to do it. Without the mass experience gain, it shouldn't be an like it was before. We'll see what the official word is after the weekend is out, especially with Labor Day on Monday.

LOL this anni has turned out to be the worst timing, lol.

Password Resets
    Token Fashion (Free or not free?)
    Core client bugs (a lot of beta testers can't beta test because core can't even read the games installed)
    Need confirmation of FC fix
    need confirmation of PK rules in secret passage

b:sweat

I kinda wish they had saved the weekend until 5pm and handled some of these issues on Friday though. That's the way it worked with every other store, service, and school in my city. PWI is the only thing that I know of that was closed down this early. I especially wish Frankie would've reconsidered in light of his trip to China and extended vacation to Japan just recently. :P But sometimes you just need a vacation. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I especially wish Frankie would've reconsidered in light of his trip to China and extended vacation to Japan just recently. :P But sometimes you just need a vacation. b:surrender

To be fair to frankie, he's attending an event that only occurrs once a year.b:chuckle

If he was going to go, then he was going now.b:surrender
    edited September 2011
    Options
    To be fair to frankie, he's attending an event that only occurrs once a year.b:chuckle

If he was going to go, then he was going now.b:surrender

Makes sense. Like I said, this patch just had the worst possible timing. b:chuckle The one time maintenance maybe should have been skipped.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Are you sure about this? I don't see any change for the XP for a dragoon and the boss AI looks the same...

What is the level of the dragoon that is spawned? Is it level 88 or level 89?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Guess those that glitch goons will have to kindly inform us b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Are you sure about this? I don't see any change for the XP for a dragoon and the boss AI looks the same...

Pretty sure she just did...
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    and you call it fix? they not giving exp, but still spawning. they're not supose to spawn in first place!

cheap fix for cheap game. as allways....
  • Yin - Momaganon
    Yin - Momaganon Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sure it is not complete solution but solves the problem it causes.

Why people always have to find all negative sides of things. Be glad that they try to do something. It is not always easy to debug source code and once you find the problem from it you have to think alternative solution that doesn't cause glitch. Software engineers are not gods that can make every software working perfectly. More complicated software more mistakes...
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dragoons Experience has not changed...

Cyclotera spawns mob id 24804
    mob 24804 gives 10648 experience

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5352/unledkvx.png
  • ivoto
    ivoto Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

could you tell me more sir about the thing you are previewing?
    (like how you use that file or whatever.. it looks like a nice/interesting info)
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Pretty sure she just did...

I lol'd b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Elendirah - Sanctuary
    Elendirah - Sanctuary Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ivoto wrote: »
    could you tell me more sir about the thing you are previewing?
    (like how you use that file or whatever.. it looks like a nice/interesting info)
    http://pwtools.codeplex.com/documentation
    that's a description of the various tools. To get them download pwTools SVN-Downloader.zip (which is in Downloads) , unzip and execute pwtools-binaries.bat, that will start the download of all the tools that will be put in the new folder called pwtools-bin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hideori - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sure it is not complete solution but solves the problem it causes.

Why people always have to find all negative sides of things. Be glad that they try to do something. It is not always easy to debug source code and once you find the problem from it you have to think alternative solution that doesn't cause glitch. Software engineers are not gods that can make every software working perfectly. More complicated software more mistakes...

what positive sides of bugs should I see? there is things like quality of the game, thats what developers should care about. if they doing ****y job why would I give them any compliments?

and this game is really ****y job - http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8507/ot2a.jpg
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    After 300 character reach [lv 105] , will we got event as gift from PWe ? b:chuckle
    People need so long time to reach 105, so PWe should give them special event just like when Kitamura reach 105. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Yin - Momaganon
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what positive sides of bugs should I see? there is things like quality of the game, thats what developers should care about. if they doing ****y job why would I give them any compliments?

and this game is really ****y job - http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8507/ot2a.jpg

Bugs are unavoidable in limited resources. At least for me this game has given quite nice gaming experience free of charge so I can't complain. There would be little point to complain if this was pay to play game but still I don't know any game that doesn't have bugs.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    After 300 character reach [lv 105] , will we got event as gift from PWe ? b:chuckle
    People need so long time to reach 105, so PWe should give them special event just like when Kitamura reach 105. lol

reach 35 first b:laugh

sorry, no offence..
    Bugs are unavoidable in limited resources. At least for me this game has given quite nice gaming experience free of charge so I can't complain. There would be little point to complain if this was pay to play game but still I don't know any game that doesn't have bugs.

I paid some $ here so I can complain.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    reach 35 first b:laugh

sorry, no offence..

One things :P Moon is a alt obviously

And just cause you spend money doesn't mean you can complain they can do whatever they please with the game ^_^ its their game don't like it don't play. And yes coding is crazy hard if you have even tried to code something as simple as a calculator if there is a bug and you don't know where its coming from you could spend hours upon hours trying to figure out and that can't be more then 200 lines of code for a decently complex one imagine this game which probably has millions. Its hard to do and hard to fix give it a rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    anyone sure it's really a fix? as far as i know, the dragoon mobs (the ones after firebird) have always been glitched in exp rates during 2x or when using a 2x exp scroll...

But if they did really fix it, a big "yay!"
  • Yin - Momaganon
    edited September 2011
    Options

You paid $ for gold not to be able to play. You have agreed terms of service and there is nothing that PWI promises that there are no bugs. Also you paid after seeing that this game doesn't meet your quality standards and still you play it.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Tbh the FC goon glitch may as well not be fixed, to many 105's now from the exploit, unless they all got stuffed back down to 103 or so, apart from the ones that were already 105 (check server backdate files), then I could agree to it being "fixed", if these exploiters stay 105, then it will be the poorest/laziest fix in the history of gaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    and you call it fix? they not giving exp, but still spawning. they're not supose to spawn in first place!

cheap fix for cheap game. as allways....

Yes they are suposed to spawn.
    When you attack the boss, he'll spawn 1 dragoon to 'help' him kill you.
    If he's resetting and you hit him, you basicly begin the fight aLOT of times, and thus he spawns alot of dragoonz.
    To fix it, without making the boss extremely easy, is simply take away the exp from the mobs, and thus take away the reason to glitch it. Good fix if you ask me (abit late).

Though I do hope the actual dragoonz at the end of FC still give exp? XD
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Yin - Momaganon
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Tbh the FC goon glitch may as well not be fixed, to many 105's now from the exploit, unless they all got stuffed back down to 103 or so, apart from the ones that were already 105 (check server backdate files), then I could agree to it being "fixed", if these exploiters stay 105, then it will be the poorest/laziest fix in the history of gaming.

Poor/lazy fix would be good to implement as fast as possible so you can get time to work real fix. Shame that haven't been done.

Also I don't have any idea how freely PWI staff can alter source code or do they have to send request to china.
This discussion has been closed.