The Truth About a Deicide SIN

Options
rgog
rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Assassin
OK, so I wanted to try it out and so far I have mixed feelings. I would really like to hear from some other claw SIN's that have made the total commitment.

I watched the video on youtube of the deicide SIN soloing frost like a champ and figured I would give it a try because deicide is re-sellable and I will pick up a reset note for 50% on the next sale just in case. So the coin commitment to give it a whirl was really cheap compared to trying to go 4 or 5 aps with daggers.

So far with just 3.33 aps (5 aps sparked) I see a big difference, I do kill things faster and with taking less damage while sparked. Unsparked a notice a slightly longer kill time and slightly less healing (but of course I am basically perma sparked). It is a bit of a pain switching every time I want to use a skill but it is tolerable.

Here is where I am a bit stuck, I commited the extra 200 points to strength and it leaves me around another 60 points I can send over to strength and I could also swap out some HA peices now as well. I have also only refined deicides to +2 (waiting on my even card to get stones to try for +5 or +6)

So here is what I want to know from someone that is doing this right now, should I move the extra 60 points over and put the next 5 points all in strength? Will doing that and refine to at least +5 have a nice bump in my damage? I was estimating those two moves to give me an extra 20% damage but I am not sure how accurate that is. In the video it looked like the SIN was doing some serious damage so I wonder if they sharded Attack Levels

Any and all input would be appreciated.

Please note, I am 85% of the way to 101, my R8 daggers that I am comparing this to are +3
Post edited by rgog on

Comments

• BattleScars - Harshlands
    BattleScars - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    weird stuff your talking, sin whit deicides +7, sayed his 5aps sparked, didnt take aggro from me, r8 +4 2.86 aps sparked... Not to mention 5aps deicides BMs whit +5 refine dont take aggro either. Or maybe am i just noob coz didnt put any points to Vit...
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I have 2.5/3.33 aps with +3 r8 daggers and I keep aggro from 5aps BMs who have fist/claw mastery to increase their attack, something sins don't have.
    You can calculate this all you want, but the truth is your average r8 sin will out DPS your average 5aps Deicide BM/archer/sin.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • rgog
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Anyone know how much +attack I get for each str point using deicides?
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Use Pwcalc and find out for yourself.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you wanna do it right, go full HA, and stat the min Dex you need for the Armor and Deicides, dump the max you can into Str, and voila, your dps will go up.

You also will be able to tank physical stuff capably. If you put a few Sapphires in your armor, you can get your MDef to be exactly the same or better than with LA, and if you refine the HA, you will find yourself with a LOT more HP than you would using LA and the same refines.

>_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • rgog
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I put an extra 50 points in str last night, so I think i have 359, the downside is I have to use a much lower level dagger for skills and also I need to find a new bow. My attack only went up around 300 points but I guess I am commited now and when reset notes go on sale I can always go back. I have an alt cleric (lvl 75) so I am not really worried about my phy or magic deff because I can basically be perma buffed by duo boxing.

I refined deicides to +4 and might try to get +6 when I get event card so I can get some free stones. I would love to have +10 because the damage gets sweet at that point but can't justify that expense, I might as well have just kept my R8 and went for more aps items like tome, legs and lionheart.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The truth is they're inferior to dagger sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
    edited September 2011
    Options
    rgog wrote: »
    I put an extra 50 points in str last night, so I think i have 359, the downside is I have to use a much lower level dagger for skills and also I need to find a new bow. My attack only went up around 300 points but I guess I am commited now and when reset notes go on sale I can always go back. I have an alt cleric (lvl 75) so I am not really worried about my phy or magic deff because I can basically be perma buffed by duo boxing.

I refined deicides to +4 and might try to get +6 when I get event card so I can get some free stones. I would love to have +10 because the damage gets sweet at that point but can't justify that expense, I might as well have just kept my R8 and went for more aps items like tome, legs and lionheart.

Are you still LA, or did you go HA?

What's your HP at?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    rgog wrote: »
    Anyone know how much +attack I get for each str point using deicides?

1/150 of a damage multiplier (your base weapon attack) per each strength point for deicides.

Same for daggers and dex 1/150. Since equal level daggers have a higher base damage than fists you would get mor + attack per dex point using daggers than you would from fists.

I know from my experience I had 5 aps +8 deicides and 2.5 aps +5 H&Ts and a slightly higher str than normal build (was statting for my BMs HA Nirvana helm at lvl 100 req 153 strength because it would give me 1.2k more hp). The +5 H&T's gave me better unsparked dmg but sparked the +8 deicides gave me better damage.

Once I got rank 8 +6 with 2 perfect garnets it blew Deicides out of the water and still blows my +10 Regicides with 2 garnet gems out of the water at 2.86 vs 5.0, despite me having 163 str (will restat soon as I craft my LA helm).

So from my experience Rank 8 is about as good a G13 daggers. You wouldn't compare a claw sin vs a 5 aps G13 sin, would you?
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited September 2011
    Options
    1/150 of a damage multiplier (your base weapon attack) per each strength point for deicides.

Same for daggers and dex 1/150. Since equal level daggers have a higher base damage than fists you would get mor + attack per dex point using daggers than you would from fists.

I know from my experience I had 5 aps +8 deicides and 2.5 aps +5 H&Ts and a slightly higher str than normal build (was statting for my BMs HA Nirvana helm at lvl 100 req 153 strength because it would give me 1.2k more hp). The +5 H&T's gave me better unsparked dmg but sparked the +8 deicides gave me better damage.

Once I got rank 8 +6 with 2 perfect garnets it blew Deicides out of the water and still blows my +10 Regicides with 2 garnet gems out of the water at 2.86 vs 5.0, despite me having 163 str (will restat soon as I craft my LA helm).

So from my experience Rank 8 is about as good a G13 daggers. You wouldn't compare a claw sin vs a 5 aps G13 sin, would you?

Huh... So at level 94, I can pull aggro at 1.67 APS with +7 TT90 daggers Saged Sparked off a Deicide weilding 99 Archer with +10 Deicides at 3.33... Makes sense, I guess. Even at +10 and 3.33 (demon sparked), I'm doing more DPS than they are... Or something. I noticed that the boss' health dropped about the same speed if I was sparked and DDing vs if they were sparked and DDing.

Wish I had more -int gear. D:
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I have 2.5/3.33 aps with +3 r8 daggers and I keep aggro from 5aps BMs who have fist/claw mastery to increase their attack, something sins don't have.
    You can calculate this all you want, but the truth is your average r8 sin will out DPS your average 5aps Deicide BM/archer/sin.

^ This Ty.... I had such a hard time trying to explain this to a claw archer the other day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_