West Coast server issues!

jinzx4
jinzx4 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Support Desk
For the past two days, after updating pwi 3 or 4 days ago, I have been unable to log into Lost City, Which is where my characters both are, or any other west coast server. I find it very odd since, after I updated, they worked fine for a few days,, but now I can't access them. When I click the "Choose server" button, all of the US west coast servers have nothing next to them, but the pw website says they are online. Even though I have no characters on the US east coast or European servers, it lets me log into them without a problem. Is this an isolated issue? I haven't seen any other people talk about this, so I'd really like ot know. Someone please help!! I NEED MY PWI!!! b:cry
Post edited by jinzx4 on

Comments

• Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have no idea, try running a traceroute. I'm not having any issues on either Lost, Sanc, or Archosaur. Whatever it is, it's obviously on your end. a traceroute will typically find the issues. SylenThunder and Tiageos have made some good posts, there's even a recent thread.
    (Posts 4, and 16 have the info you need I think. Might also check out post 20.)
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • goreaver
    goreaver Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    your probably cought up the the random password reset like the rest of us. or you got what i did a random banning. if you have a dynamic ip its likely. toss a email to support and see you Tuesday.
  • Egowoman - Lost City
    Egowoman - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Here someone with the same problem on the West Coast server. I have more chars on that server and I tried several chars on different levels, but after the last update the game exits random or the server cannot be contacted. During gameplay I lose server contact several times.

What is going on? Is it the anniversary thing or maintenance or what?b:cry
  • kindaru
    kindaru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    goreaver wrote: »
    your probably cought up the the random password reset like the rest of us. or you got what i did a random banning. if you have a dynamic ip its likely. toss a email to support and see you Tuesday.

I'm just coming back in after a couple of years, so of course I had to reset my pwd, and despite just having done that today, is it possible this is what is preventing me from logging in? I can bring up West Coast servers, but keep getting "incorrect user name or pwd" ....gotta say it's no making me want to go back in lol
  • BonCu - Sanctuary
    BonCu - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just happened today to me. Suddenly disconnected and all west coast servers goes offline. Other servers are fine. Been 10 hours now can't login to Sanctuary and all other west coast servers.
    Anyone knows what happened?

Also happened to Forsaken World, west coast server listed offline. Damn whats wrong here. Can't play the whole day :(

And submit ticket login page wont open either but other webs have no problem loading.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    Probably a regional router. I play west coast servers for both PW and FW and haven't had any issues at all.

Run a traceroute to the server when you are having the problem and post it.

Until then, the best guess is that it's either something in your house, or something between you and the PWE servers.

The servers themselves are operating just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BonCu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Tracing route to pwigc2.perfectworld.com [64.74.134.49]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1   100 ms    99 ms    99 ms  202.155.48.196
      2   101 ms    99 ms    99 ms  202.155.145.146
      3   114 ms   139 ms   119 ms  202.171.27.65
      4   309 ms   299 ms   300 ms  vl-200.ge-1-40.p2.nap.bb.net.id [202.171.2.241]

5   320 ms   319 ms   319 ms  116.51.17.177
      6   317 ms   319 ms   449 ms  p64-2-1-0.r23.osakjp01.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.25
    0.6.21]
      7   326 ms   319 ms   329 ms  ae-7.r20.osakjp01.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.4
    8]
      8   312 ms   319 ms   319 ms  as-2.r20.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.1
    64]
      9   320 ms   319 ms   309 ms  ae-1.r06.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.1
    3]
     10   324 ms   309 ms   299 ms  xe-0-0-0-4.r06.snjsca04.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [128.2
    41.219.130]
     11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    Yep, stop 10 there is a router in Colorado. It's well known for getting overloaded with traffic and falling over. Typically it gets routed around rather quickly, (within about 10-15 minutes on the long side), and the route heads through a hub in Euless, TX. West coast servers are about 5-6 hops past that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BonCu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Yep, stop 10 there is a router in Colorado. It's well known for getting overloaded with traffic and falling over. Typically it gets routed around rather quickly, (within about 10-15 minutes on the long side), and the route heads through a hub in Euless, TX. West coast servers are about 5-6 hops past that.

Looks like not quick enough. Almost 24 hrs and still cant login. Tracert still giving the same result. b:surrender

But i tried few things. Switching modem didnt work, switching isp and it works. But my friend with same isp doesnt have this problem. I wonder whats wrong here. And i havent done any changes to the system for the past few months.

And i noticed the mini web on launcher didnt load either (i rarely use launcher to launch the game except after maintenance to update the client since start button seems sometimes cant be clicked for no reasons)
  • BonCu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Fixed. Damn i couldn't believe it was the modem's cable that cause the problem. Feel embarrassed now.

I was wrong. Cable has nothing to do with it. It Happens again today.
    But now I know i can login back by just keep resetting my connection to get new ip everytime it resets until it allows me to connect.

So much trouble just to play a game b:surrender
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    BUMP !!!

It's been 2 days since I can't log into PWI :<

I ran trace router, but always got "Request timed out" at 13th+ hops... >.>
    I tried to reboot & reset the router/ip + all antivirus & firewall are disabled... <.<
    Game version is up to date, I have also verified it, and there's nothing missed... >.>
    Also the network is fine, nothing seems wrong on my ISP, cable connection with high speed... <.<

But still... I can't connect to Lost City Server >.<

Its not only happens in PWI, but all other PWE Games too... All East Coast Servers and Europe are working just fine... just not the west :3

Please, is there any other way to fix!?
    Or, are all West Coast Servers currently overloaded!?

All my chars are in Lost City...
    I charge zhen regularly...
    Now, it's TW's weekend...
    I wanna play...

~

Thanks for any respond/help <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • BonCu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    I think since last update i keep having this "West Coast Servers" offline issue. WTH is going on here. b:angry

Sometime i can login just fine after resetting my internet connection. But sometime even i was in the g ame it just disconnected me then west coast servers are offline again.

Idk if west coast servers preventing some random ip ranges from connecting or what, but some friends with same isp as me also have same issue but some are not cause their ip number started with different number cause different internet package service (post-paid and prepaid). For example mine was 114.x.x.x theirs 120.x.x.x.

All i have to do is just keep resetting my connection until i got the ip that can connect to west coast servers. But that's not a guarantee i can play all day with that ip cause i can be kicked at anytime by pw then i have to repeat the "Resetting" trick again to login which can take few minutes to hours depending how lucky i'm to get the lucky ip numbers b:shockedb:surrender
  • BonCu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    This is getting frustrating. Everyday i want to play i have to keep resetting my connection till i can login. And even if i can login, then i can't play with ease knowing i can be dc'd anytime then can't login back (which just happened now) again. What's wrong with the route to west coast servers?

I demand characters transfer between servers feature now so i can play on other server b:angry
  • thenextdoctor
    thenextdoctor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Has anyone with this problem tried something simple like an ipconfig /flushdns command or something?
  • BonCu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Has anyone with this problem tried something simple like an ipconfig /flushdns command or something?

Yea did it and didn't work.

WTF now everytime i got ip that can connect to west coast servers i can log in for few seconds then dc'd then there goes west coast servers offline again. Reset my connection again, got ip that can connect again, login for few seconds then poof dc'd again and can't servers offline again. Did they ban my isp ip range or something? But why only at west coast servers where all my chars are?