end game gear

Options
robindra
robindra Posts: 1
edited September 2011 in Cleric
hi! i was wondering if someone can tell me what is good gear to have as a lv 100 cleric b:victory
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    wait for decus, he will tell you
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    wait for decus, he will tell you

:p

I'm not sure of a format yet. I need to take some inspiration from the Archer forum on how they set up their guides.
    robindra wrote: »
    hi! i was wondering if someone can tell me what is good gear to have as a lv 100 cleric b:victory

I am not sure what your budget is... feel free to tell us and we can give you a good set up.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    :p

I'm not sure of a format yet. I need to take some inspiration from the Archer forum on how they set up their guides.

Eh, the builds I have are quite out of date.

Go for high data density. The more information per unit area, the better.

This is probably the best of done, in terms of format. However, it's not suitable fore representing full builds: http://i49.tinypic.com/2zzhi04.png
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Eh, the builds I have are quite out of date.

Go for high data density. The more information per unit area, the better.

This is probably the best of done, in terms of format. However, it's not suitable fore representing full builds: http://i49.tinypic.com/2zzhi04.png

Honestly I was thinking of something along those lines but I doubt it would be as neat and tidy (and pretty) as what you did.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Try something like this? Separate items simply with a hyphen. Bonus points if you color code it.

Name of Build - Link to pwcalc.com
    Weapon
    Chest - Shins - Bracers - Boots
    Helm - Cape - Tome
    Neck - Belt - Ring 1 - Ring 2
    HP - DPH - Crit - Attack Level - Defense Level
    Notes

Example:

Cheap R8 - http://pwcalc.com/1f90863f3f9fa63a
    ☆☆Wheel of Light
    ☆Robe of Light - ☆Pants of Light - ☆Acrobatic Boots - ☆Oracle's Sleeves
    ☆Moonshade Headwear - ☆Calm Robe: Wraithgate - Tale of the Red Lotus
    ☆Sky Demon's Pearl - ☆Guard of Thundershock - ☆Attendance Ring Perfect - ☆☆General's Badge
    HP: 4408 - Attack: 10,620-14,247 - Crit: 12% - Attack Level: 15 - Defense Level: 16

EDIT: What the heck, it keeps cutting off my changes.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Love it, thanks a ton! Definitely going to use that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It occurred to me that we haven't actually answered the original poster's question.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    brainiacs...
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    In my defense, I asked him to clarify his budget. He hasn't gotten back to me. In lieu of having a basis to start, I'll just go with "the gear Elena mentioned is good, use that."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robindra
    robindra Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I am not sure what your budget is... feel free to tell us and we can give you a good set up.[/QUOTE]

around 500 mil for all the gear?
    edited September 2011
    Options
    In my defense, I asked him to clarify his budget. He hasn't gotten back to me. In lieu of having a basis to start, I'll just go with "the gear Elena mentioned is good, use that."

Really? 4.4k HP at endgame is sufficient?
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Put perfect citrines instead of flawless and you get above 5k hp unbuffed, which is more than sufficient for almost everything.
    Not talking about TW ofc.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Really? 4.4k HP at endgame is sufficient?

It depends on what you want to do.

4k unbuffed is sufficient for most PvE activities at endgame assuming you are competent at using your (and genie) self-preservation skills (as well as def charms).

---
    EDIT:
    robindra wrote: »
    around 500 mil for all the gear?

http://pwcalc.com/ad6afd3c8fa18012

A few notes:

I based this all on what my friends believed prices were. If anyone finds me to be at all inaccurate, let me know.

Rank 8 ~ 88 mil
    +10 weap ~ 100 mil (assuming mir and ref stones till +5, orb till +7, and oceans till +10)
    Wing trophy ~ 45 mil
    Tourney hat ~ 20 mil
    CV ring ~ 35 mil
    Tome ~ 14 mil
    Cube neck ~ 110 mil
    tt99 sleeves ~ 22 mil

That leaves you with 66 mil to refine/shard gear (or merchant...)

- I prefer tt90 pants as they give more pdef and only slightly less HP than the rank pants (specifically, a difference of 13 HP assuming both were +5).

- I like OHT boots since the tt99 boots suck (unless you really want that bonus -3 chan)

- Again, unless -chan is really important to you, I'd get a TM pdef cape.

- Those refines are pretty easy to get, but you can always up them further.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Options
    refines, use warren wolfy guide to refine high

cube neck +5 is just sad view.. same goes to rest of +5

• hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/a948a5cd71e69017

Helm 20mil (3%)
    Rank 8 = 80mil with Sale (6% Wepon 6% Ring 6% Chest)
    TT99 Pants/Gloves/Boots = 60m max! (6% Gloves+3% Bonus)
    Robe = 10mil (8x TM79) (6%)
    Tome = 4mil
    R9 Ring = 270mil (with Sale) (6%)
    Channeling Neck = 4mil any random :D (6%)
    Heart of Jungle = 37mil
    +10 Refine + Gems on wepon = 110mil
    Other Refines + Gems 25mil

TOTAL OF 620MIL (48% Channeling correct me if iam wrong q_q also you can remove the Eye on Jungle and use a 6% Belt Cost then is 580mil arround and 54% Channelin)

Later Change the TT99 Pants -> Nirvana
    I Got the Boots+Gloves for the 3% Bonus

Also need to know you want go Pure Channeling way?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options

I just put the +5 to get a general idea. Obviously the end-goal would be significantly higher refines. Warren's "guide" isn't really a guide so much as it is a spreadsheet that calculates the most cost-effective method to refine given current pricing/sales. It doesn't "teach" you how to refine high, it just tells you what's the cheapest way to do it :p
    hanfknolle wrote: »

-chan isn't everything

I'd rather aim for survivability and then worry about getting -chan orns than use sub-par (or expensive) gear for a lousy bonus. Also, the OP said "around 500 mil," not 600...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yin - Momaganon
    Yin - Momaganon Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Decus' example is about what I have in my mind if you can't afford nirvana or r9. With 500mil budget you can also refine it higher and get better shards. Rings,sleeves,robe and weapon gives enough -channeling. It is also quite competent set at endgame when refined high and with good shards.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I just put the +5 to get a general idea. Obviously the end-goal would be significantly higher refines. Warren's "guide" isn't really a guide so much as it is a spreadsheet that calculates the most cost-effective method to refine given current pricing/sales. It doesn't "teach" you how to refine high, it just tells you what's the cheapest way to do it :p

anyway, i would save that 110m from cube neck and spent it on refines. he could +7 few parts with that cash

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hold off on refining wep really high (I wouldn't go over +6 or +7) until at least a few parts of your armor are +10. Like...seriously, I would definitely +10 that Warsoul hat in Decus's build before the r8 wep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Yin - Momaganon
    Yin - Momaganon Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hold off on refining wep really high (I wouldn't go over +6 or +7) until at least a few parts of your armor are +10. Like...seriously, I would definitely +10 that Warsoul hat in Decus's build before the r8 wep.

That depends what OP is going to do at endgame. If spending time with soloing instances for fun I'd go for weapon but if doing squad stuff armor first.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

+5 is sad ? O.o

Just out of curiousity why on earth is +5 a sad view ?
    I mean, on all of my chars i try to at least get the most important equips up to +5, considering the +5 orbs are around the +/- 10m mark. (and it just gets so -insert frustrated swearing here- expensive after that)

I'm a mediocre player and i adapt my gear to what i want to be able to do.
    Considering my play style +5 is more than sufficient, granted my weapons have been +10 since i hit 90, but from what i can tell the people that usually lurk the forums (+give advice) are either a veteran, play on a pvp server and/or TW.

From what point of view is +5 sad ?
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    +5 is sad ? O.o

Just out of curiousity why on earth is +5 a sad view ?
    I mean, on all of my chars i try to at least get the most important equips up to +5, considering the +5 orbs are around the +/- 10m mark. (and it just gets so -insert frustrated swearing here- expensive after that)

I'm a mediocre player and i adapt my gear to what i want to be able to do.
    Considering my play style +5 is more than sufficient, granted my weapons have been +10 since i hit 90, but from what i can tell the people that usually lurk the forums (+give advice) are either a veteran, play on a pvp server and/or TW.

From what point of view is +5 sad ?

It is rather sad to only +5 a good piece of end-game gear like a Cube neck, IMO. I mean, you could've just saved that money, gotten a TT90 gold neck, and gotten a few other pieces to +6 or +7.

+5 is really not that hard to get with mirages and some tienkengs/tishas from event gold. Hell, I managed to +7 my 2nd recast pants last night within about 120 mirages just using mirages for +1 to +3, tienkengs for +4, and tishas for +5 to +7. .___.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    End game is serious money..... I got a Cloudcharger to +10 with Citrine Gems, and that took HELL lot of time grinding coins and real life money. I think I'm done...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It is rather sad to only +5 a good piece of end-game gear like a Cube neck, IMO. I mean, you could've just saved that money, gotten a TT90 gold neck, and gotten a few other pieces to +6 or +7.

+5 is really not that hard to get with mirages and some tienkengs/tishas from event gold. Hell, I managed to +7 my 2nd recast pants last night within about 120 mirages just using mirages for +1 to +3, tienkengs for +4, and tishas for +5 to +7. .___.

To be honest, i dont really think a TT90 gold necklace is a fair comparison to a cube necklace.
    from how i build my chars not one set has any ornament TT, safe for my cleric which more than likely is going to be outfitted with the entire TT99 gold set, just because i like the set and i am so as hell not puttin another couple mil in to get a warsong and/or cube neck on her.

That aside my main, my veno, at this current stage has the armor TT99 gold, a warsong, wings of cloudcharger and i'm now saving up for this cube necklace.
    reason i'm doing that is because i like the bonus from the 4 pieces of TT99, the phys defence from the warsong, wings and eventually the cube necklace.

Reason i'm trying to work this out is because, if +5 is such a sad view, is it because that +6 or 7 refine give so much more extra than just 5?
    Or is it because a higher digit just looks better? (and 10 is basically the new 5 ?)

Nex to that, it just made me wonder, i see so many people advertise rank gear.
    But when i sometimes info rank 9's or 8 i conclude that 9 out of 10 people i see have their rank gear either +10 or 12 but then when i check the shards i see immac's or flawless's !
    Are those shards getting lowered to aford the high refine and because of the high refine do not -need- a perfect shard or higher?

cause if I were to have rank 9, i'd +10 it all and fill it with perfect shards. o.o .... at the least perfect's but if affordable, Gems.

b:surrender Bear with me here, just trying to make sense of it all XD
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I agree with holding off on +10 on the weapon. My cleric and wife's R8 weapons were +5. Since making them +10 there truthfully isn't a huge of a difference in PVE whatsoever. So going with survivability, I will second Eoria and say +10 the higher grade / greater HP per refine stuff first, then focus on gems (JOSD or Citrine Gems) and higher refine on the cube neck.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    To be honest, i dont really think a TT90 gold necklace is a fair comparison to a cube necklace.
    from how i build my chars not one set has any ornament TT, safe for my cleric which more than likely is going to be outfitted with the entire TT99 gold set, just because i like the set and i am so as hell not puttin another couple mil in to get a warsong and/or cube neck on her.

That aside my main, my veno, at this current stage has the armor TT99 gold, a warsong, wings of cloudcharger and i'm now saving up for this cube necklace.
    reason i'm doing that is because i like the bonus from the 4 pieces of TT99, the phys defence from the warsong, wings and eventually the cube necklace.

Reason i'm trying to work this out is because, if +5 is such a sad view, is it because that +6 or 7 refine give so much more extra than just 5?
    Or is it because a higher digit just looks better? (and 10 is basically the new 5 ?)

A +7 Cube neck gives about 200 more pdef than a +5 one. A +10 Cube neck gives about 600 more pdef. But if you're not going to bother refining it past +5, you could save the money, get a TT90 gold neck, +6 it, and have the same pdef as you would have had with a +5 Cube neck. Look! You just saved yourself like 100mil that can be spent elsewhere.
    Nex to that, it just made me wonder, i see so many people advertise rank gear.
    But when i sometimes info rank 9's or 8 i conclude that 9 out of 10 people i see have their rank gear either +10 or 12 but then when i check the shards i see immac's or flawless's !
    Are those shards getting lowered to aford the high refine and because of the high refine do not -need- a perfect shard or higher?

cause if I were to have rank 9, i'd +10 it all and fill it with perfect shards. o.o .... at the least perfect's but if affordable, Gems.

b:surrender Bear with me here, just trying to make sense of it all XD

Because refining to +10 is generally cheaper than sharding. Assuming you just use mirages+event gold to +7, the only cost is the three ocean orbs to get from +8 to +10 which ends up being about 70-75mil or so. Contrast four cit gems being about 80mil total or four garnet gems being about 120mil total or, god forbid, the cost of four vit stones or JSODs...it's not hard to see why people refine before they shard.

Also, those with just g7s or g8s in their gear generally just use them as temp shards before they get their real shards. g7s/g8s are cheap, you know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I agree with holding off on +10 on the weapon. My cleric and wife's R8 weapons were +5. Since making them +10 there truthfully isn't a huge of a difference in PVE whatsoever. So going with survivability, I will second Eoria and say +10 the higher grade / greater HP per refine stuff first, then focus on gems (JOSD or Citrine Gems) and higher refine on the cube neck.

-This troll only gives bad advice. Killing faster / stronger heals translates to survivability and faster gains. Refining a cube neck only increases defense and is limited to either phys or mag and makes percent wise a very small difference. When you refine your weapon from +5 to +10; you're not only gaining 2000+ matk; it gets multiplied on by skills, masteries, amps, etc.

You want the ability to go a tad over 5k HP by level 100, but not from shards or stat; use refines / equips. After that; get your weapon to at +10 and build HP later by refining high yielding gear.
    A +7 Cube neck gives about 200 more pdef than a +5 one. A +10 Cube neck gives about 600 more pdef. But if you're not going to bother refining it past +5, you could save the money, get a TT90 gold neck, +6 it, and have the same pdef as you would have had with a +5 Cube neck. Look! You just saved yourself like 100mil that can be spent elsewhere.

The Necklace of Giant Strength lacks the atk/def level, the vit, it's bound, and requires Lv. 90 while the cube neck can be worn by lvl 80 alts and sold. Also, how long is it really going to be before you can refine past +6 when you make millions an hour at 100+? You're better off using a second hand Sky Demon's Pearl that you can resell until you can get the cube neck. Also where the hell do you come up with saving 100mil when last I saw cube necks were selling below that?

When it came to making a significant difference in survival for my arcanes while using their current resell-able equips; the Wings of the Cloudcharger made by far the most significant difference. It was also useable at the lowest level @ Lv.45. It doesn't refine the best, but for stats it rocks!
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    At first, I was going to respond to the above post. Then I realized it was made by tweakz and thus not worth a response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    At first, I was going to respond to the above post. Then I realized it was made by tweakz and thus not worth a response.
    He be tweaking pretty bad. "Multiplied" on skills. LOL. b:laugh

One atk/defence lvl worth 100m LOL. The stupid makes me laugh so bad.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Figures, I post a quick build to satisfy the OP and it gets debated to oblivion. I do not see the majority of you making a similar effort to help the OP b:angry

/inb4--this-gets-ugly-with-insults D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]