New Patch 560 Issues

Options
2»

Comments

• Lorddrakan - Harshlands
    Lorddrakan - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yeh when i rebooted my pc and tried again the task is now the problem hm ive tried to switch between servers but no luck ima keep trying
  • Lorddrakan - Harshlands
    Lorddrakan - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lol i switch the servers and its worked thank you for you tip xD
  • Hvati - Harshlands
    Hvati - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If it still isent working for someone with the raging tide starter than try opening the folder where pwi is saved and open the launcher file, than open fixit.bat. That sould make the new starter come up. That did it for me.
  • aleisho123
    aleisho123 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    My problem is somthing similar but with a different file, i think, my update stops at this file: litmodel_73.bmd, it stops right there they patcher has auto tried it multiple times already and it says that there is a file error in it. please someone suggest anything else that i can do to fix this. a GM would be helpfull
  • Ryufu - Raging Tide
    Ryufu - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    hey!

finally i coud fix the problem with chinese servers listed

i have clicked launcher.exe and this has updated my patcher.exe
    now i have a genesisstartscreen never seen before :D - think i have had a pretty old version

im back in game - serverlist is english and yes im happy

CrossOverGames - mac - v8.1.4

Where do I find this 'launcher.exe' because I searched it in my finder and I have no such file.

Being a Mac user and crossovergames makes playing this game a pain in the you know what. What did you do to fix it?
    ;3
  • wontgetfooled
    wontgetfooled Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    hey!

look at your folder "PerfectWorld"

for me the path is:

PerfectWorld/Program Files/Perfect World Entertainment/Perfect World International/launcher/Launcher.exe

what i have done :
    start CrossOverGames
    wait till bottles are ready

in your applemenu -> top of the screen -> click File -> open
    look for your -> Launcher.exe
    open with bottle -> your pwi bottle
    click open

this has done the job for me - hope it helps - good luck

*ps - i was close to give up
  • ortini
    ortini Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Cheap chinese programmers, I am really getting tired of the problems in this game, launcher.exe worked for me. I got a completely new launcher instead of the blue one I had before.

When the heck are they going to fix things that have been broken for 2 years? Why the Lunar Glade BH that no one wants to do?

I think WoW may be in my future.
  • Mr___X - Raging Tide
    Mr___X - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    hmm im glad it worked for at least some of you b:victory
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Please see if any of the information below might help you...

FIRST, restart your PC and networking hardware.

Try running Verify on the game launcher menu, you may have to do ti a few times.

If you have trouble patching, the update may be getting blocked now since some files were changed.

Add the game folder and/or game files (all .exe file types) to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us in a ticket to Tech Support.

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Please see if any of the information below might help you...

FIRST, restart your PC and networking hardware.

Try running Verify on the game launcher menu, you may have to do ti a few times.

If you have trouble patching, the update may be getting blocked now since some files were changed.

Add the game folder and/or game files (all .exe file types) to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us in a ticket to Tech Support.

Thanks!

UAC made me think, might also be a file permissions issue, most people seem to be getting stuck on a dll file, which i think windows *might* flag as a protected system file.. try running the launcher as administrator, and/or modify the game folder and files's permissions so that you have full write access to everything, reverify all files and try patching again.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yes, this is good advice SugarPrinces.

Please make sure that you have Windows Admin access to run the game and the updates, and that the game folder has full read and write access.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Forestmyst - Heavens Tear
    Forestmyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    (I didn't read any of this post, I expected it to be alot of people bugging out on the new patch like I was.)
    I found that, when I opened my control box to shut off applications and such. Element was still running. So I pressed, CTRL ALT Delete, Start task manager, and then processes. Turned off Element.exe or what ever it said. and the patch worked perfectly. LoL

GL everyone.