Server Issues

avo6
avo6 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Support Desk
After the latest update I can no longer log onto American servers. When "Select Server" is clicked, only Chinese servers, written in Chinese, are available. I have no idea how this happened and I found it amusing but I want to play now lol .
Post edited by avo6 on

Comments

• Ryufu - Raging Tide
    Ryufu - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, same for me. How are we supposed to connect to our servers?
    ;3
  • Kwilinai - Sanctuary
    Kwilinai - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Same here as well.

I have characters created on all the PWI servers so I figured I could work out which server was which through trial and error. However, when I tried to log in, I got a pop-up window saying that my program version was too low and needed to be updated...WTH!! I just updated it following last nights maintenance, and it is too low to play? I went through the verify procedure and still have the same problem b:irritated

Edit: oh, I am assuming that these are not actually Chinese servers but the PWI servers with everything just written in Chinese. Also, my game version is 560. If that is not the latest version, what is?
  • Ryufu - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Okay I did some digging and I found out how to fix it.

You have to download the server list http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=30899505884967371091&gk=forexand then move that file to the location I put below. Another guy on another part of the forum gave me these to help solve the problem. BTW, make sure you choose the right name of your bottle since its not the same as yours aha.

/Users/<Username>/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/<bottle name>/drive_c/Program Files/Perfect World Entertainment/Perfect World International/patcher/server/serverlist.txt
    ;3
  • ortini
    ortini Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    uh, you link goes to some kind of audio converter, not a server list
  • Ryufu - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    ortini wrote: »
    uh, you link goes to some kind of audio converter, not a server list

It is the correct link. You have to click serverlist.txt which is right under the words DOWNLOAD FILE...
    ;3
  • dolphinone
    dolphinone Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thank you! I got some bs about trying verify and having to completely reinstall the whole game, but this worked!