caster niv

Comments

• FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    oh yer, but not all people do that, i love clerics, maybe the oped cash shopers or what ever do that, but, still, they get a chance to get extra chance to get more money, clerics are an important part to niv, idc if people run with out them, a lot of people still take casters and clerics, so how is it fair they get a new niv all to the caster?

your first post I thought : troll.
    After this one I think : stupid.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • tayuya44
    tayuya44 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I feel like chiming in on this one. As a cleric, and a veno, who recently finished rolling an aps sin...knows exactly how these casters feel, but I'm a little confused. A part of me feels this doesn't totally solve the problem but it also seems rather smart.

I've seen wizzies in normal nirvana, I've seen Psys, but most of the time it's a veno or cleric that gets invited. The fact of the matter is not that wizzies or psys are too weak as DDs, only one or two good geared 5aps keeps the squad fast, it's more that they DIE really fast. Clericing a squad with 2 wizards that kept dying ohmigosh! So the caster nirvana is supposed to be easier? I like this idea. This seems to save us a lot of the hardship that comes with bringing a wizard or Psy into nirvana. Now I know there's some uber geared ones that don't die etc etc but it's nice.

I do see there's still nothing for a barb that is built for tanking or for TW who have all this HP but won't do much damage in Nirvana, but I'll still say that it only takes a couple well geared aps people to make a squad fast... and Seekers...I'm not sure about that, I feel like there's not enough of them high level and well geared to really see what they are doing in the instance...Because I've yet to see either them or a Mystic in nirvana...I think people also underestimate their abilities.

So about the wall of text...To sum up, I think the people with all their APS glory shouldn't complain but should appreciate that they won't have to hear casters complain as much :) but seriously you guys are rich enough quit whining! haha!

As for wizards and whatnot getting invited though...oh, most of the time a caster is only invited if they are a friend of the person forming the squad. I believe only venos and clerics get invited at random. That's just what I've observed. All you see in WC is 4-5 APS squads...so friends are the key to Nirvana and even then I'm sure that said wiz or whatnot only gets to go once a week if that....and like i said with the death ratio it's probably a frustrating run which discoruages them from tryiing, so I hope this new caster one is good...ok I'll stop rambling lol.
  • Amea - Heavens Tear
    Amea - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    tayuya44 wrote: »
    I feel like chiming in on this one. As a cleric, and a veno, who recently finished rolling an aps sin...knows exactly how these casters feel, but I'm a little confused. A part of me feels this doesn't totally solve the problem but it also seems rather smart.

I've seen wizzies in normal nirvana, I've seen Psys, but most of the time it's a veno or cleric that gets invited. The fact of the matter is not that wizzies or psys are too weak as DDs, only one or two good geared 5aps keeps the squad fast, it's more that they DIE really fast. Clericing a squad with 2 wizards that kept dying ohmigosh! So the caster nirvana is supposed to be easier? I like this idea. This seems to save us a lot of the hardship that comes with bringing a wizard or Psy into nirvana. Now I know there's some uber geared ones that don't die etc etc but it's nice.

I do see there's still nothing for a barb that is built for tanking or for TW who have all this HP but won't do much damage in Nirvana, but I'll still say that it only takes a couple well geared aps people to make a squad fast... and Seekers...I'm not sure about that, I feel like there's not enough of them high level and well geared to really see what they are doing in the instance...Because I've yet to see either them or a Mystic in nirvana...I think people also underestimate their abilities.

So about the wall of text...To sum up, I think the people with all their APS glory shouldn't complain but should appreciate that they won't have to hear casters complain as much :) but seriously you guys are rich enough quit whining! haha!

As for wizards and whatnot getting invited though...oh, most of the time a caster is only invited if they are a friend of the person forming the squad. I believe only venos and clerics get invited at random. That's just what I've observed. All you see in WC is 4-5 APS squads...so friends are the key to Nirvana and even then I'm sure that said wiz or whatnot only gets to go once a week if that....and like i said with the death ratio it's probably a frustrating run which discoruages them from tryiing, so I hope this new caster one is good...ok I'll stop rambling lol.

This was me...I didn't realize when I tried this core client thing that it didn't recognize the avatar I use in my browser...that probably makes no sense but...whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There can be no darkness without light, for without the other, the first cannot be understood. They always work in perfect balance.
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    OmniX - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    WOW..aps ppl complaining about pure caster Nirvana... QQmuch? I had to lvl up a sin when Nirvana first came out because of the constant rejections to take my wizard on a Nirvana run I lvled my sin up before plvl'ing in FF was even introduced. I lvled it up with squads that finished FF's over and over...Get over it...if it hurts that bad that Casters have a nirvana that can only be entered a couple times a day, then go lvl up a casting class like all us casters that had to make an aps toon to get into damn nirvana squads...its not like its hard to lvl anything up these days with all the plvling going on. The new caster nirvana isn't even accessible in the infinite amount of times that regular Nirvana is ffs.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    2.Melee-only Instance
    The way it is now,most squads are already like this.So putting it virtually brings no point whatsoever.
    Also,Archers would QQ since we don't exactly fall under Casters or Melee even if we use claws.

As a player with multiple APS toons, and no caster classes, I am quite pleased to see this addition to the game. I almost never go with caster classes outside of guild runs. Most of the WC's I see on HT looking for more people for Nirvana are requesting a 5 APS sin or BM, which leaves me out of the question since my main is an archer. The ONLY way I seem to be able to find squads is if it's a guild run or I make them myself. Even responding on my 4 APS BM, I have been told that I'm not fast enough; so yea...

Good job PWI for finally doing something to try to make the game better.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    tayuya44 wrote: »
    and Seekers...I'm not sure about that, I feel like there's not enough of them high level and well geared to really see what they are doing in the instance...Because I've yet to see either them or a Mystic in nirvana...I think people also underestimate their abilities.

I've been with Seekers a couple of times in a Nirv squad (invited I suspect primarily due to being friends with the squad maker but I'm really too polite to quit a squad over that)... R8 sword and gear. Their primary focus to be honest appeared to be more along the lines of debuffing the bosses... a la venos. Damage wise, their contribution seemed to be negligible compared to the rest of the squad made up of primarily Sins and BMs with a lone cleric along for heals. And because bosses in there constantly stun and sleep, they can't maintain their most powerful attack (Yucathan vortex) for any length of time either, so they don't even try.

I suppose when Seekers finally get Rank 9 though, they may get a bit more respect. God of Frenzy is nothing to sneeze at.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    3, If indeed the drop rate is a bit better for Caster Nirvana, only makes sense. APS Nirvana can run it 24 hours a day... we casters are limited to 3x/day from the sounds of it.
    ok the one thing that i dont agree with this is that if we did run it 24 hours we would certainly be forced to use all our keys every day which is 4 only one more than ur 3 that has better drop rate and auto unc/rap for each person. and i know technically we could run all day if we wanted to spend 3m for keys but that's just ridiculous
    You'll have to forgive me, but your math seems somewhat questionable. You arbitrarily chose a number of runs for each and then proceeded to claim that "For both to get the same amount of mats in those runs,normal Nirvana drop rates have to be 3/4 of the caster Nirvana drop rates." This is, essentially, an arbitrary conclusion from an arbitrary pretense?

Unless this was documented somewhere else. If so, forgive me.

The numbers they claim that they can run is in the first 2 posts.

If they were to get the same amount of drop but the drop for both cases is a different value and went that if x% of y=a% of b,then y/b of x%=a%.
    where x and y are the drop rates of the different Nirvana and y and b are the number of runs in the different Nirvana.

I'm not at end-game and don't know the mechanics of Nirvana so I probably am not the best candidate to go about doing this.
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    THANK YOU PWE! Finally you do something right!

Also now I don't have to make a bm/sin to actually go to Nirvana! Level 100 wiz LF Nirvana pm me :P
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I can't belive theres actually a "QQ" thread on this, I mean cmon, what advantages do casters have in this game when it comes to 5aps sins or BMs, unless its mass pvp or TW, then its aps everything, now casters actually get a good chance now to farm nirvana with a purpose, a thread like this emerges.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I've read most of the thread here, and I gotta say....As a former cleric who rolled a now-5-aps sin, it blows my mind that some high aps people would complain about not having their own nirvana. With a good 3-4 person squad, we finish in 8-10 minutes, give or take. One of the people who said they take caster on runs, at the beginning of thread said "sometimes it even goes faster w/ casters." That is categorically false, unless you're comparing sage amp damage to a bm who can't time heaven's flame, or some other such imbalanced comparison. We high-aps people already have our own "melee nirvana," and it is hugely profitable.

I think the caster only nirvana is in general a good thing; while it may not fix the "problem" of 5 aps, at least it gives those who benefit the least a chance to farm coins in a meaningful way.

That being said....anyone actually done some runs? I'm curious to know how it is. I think someone mentioned that the bosses are phys immune; can someone confirm? Also, how long did your runs take, and what kind of gear did people have? I'm at work until tonight b:sad
  • Listar - Heavens Tear
    Listar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I just find it funny... For the most part casters can't really do anything by themselves at all. The only things we can really do are kill things in PvE in like 2-3 shots... But lets see could a full caster party run regular nirvana by themselves in as much time as an aps squad? If so then yes they should take this feature down but if not... I will just laugh at all the aps people who complain because there is one instance they just can't solo.... BUMMER! b:laughb:chuckle
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    That was a waste of my time. It is easy to find a squad for normal nirvana it is time consuming and hard to get a caster to level 100.

It's time and consuming hard exactly because casters don't get into instances as easily as melee, they jsut don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Any aps class that even considers complaining about a caster's nirvana instance should be black-balled from regular nirvana runs for idiocy.

Good for the casters - maybe the aps that have been robbing them blind for so long as they source their precious nirvana openers will have to at least try to compensate them more appropriately or heaven forbid run with a fuller squad.
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Wow the same iditots that laugh at, and humiliate arcanes that try to get in nirvana are now complaining about this?, all I can say gtfo, reroll an arcane if you want to enter or no nirvana for you (usual response from an apser).

They still have the regular instance whats the big deal anyway.
  • doomsord
    doomsord Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    A lot of magic players quit the game because the 5 aps and the huge difference between the 5 aps attack and the magic attack. I quit the game more than 5 months and today after I heard about the caster Nirvana I download the game and I tried the new Nirvana, its hard with the last boss, but it
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ~_~ So we have caster nirvana, and there is still complaining..
  • doomsord
    edited August 2011
    sorry some text are missing. i hope it will be full this time.

A lot of magic players quit the game because the 5 aps and the huge difference between the 5 aps attack and the magic attack. I quit the game more than 5 months and today after I heard about the caster Nirvana I download the game and I tried the new Nirvana, it
  • doomsord
    edited August 2011
    What the .... why the text are missing .
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Wow OP and his QQ hoard have the logic of a tea spoon, it hurts my brain .
    GTFO with your melee Nirvana idea, bunch of profit hungry crybabies, not everything revolves around your aps ****.
    Sheeesh, my first time ranting like this on the forums , now see whatcha made me do ?b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Any aps class that even considers complaining about a caster's nirvana instance should be black-balled from regular nirvana runs for idiocy.

Good for the casters - maybe the aps that have been robbing them blind for so long as they source their precious nirvana openers will have to at least try to compensate them more appropriately or heaven forbid run with a fuller squad.

Thank you, now level a psy and come with me. :P

Anyways, Tojop, I did it last night, and I talked about it more in the other caster nirvana thread, but it's not bad. The last boss may give issues, especially since it regens hp with player death, but it's totally doable. I did it with a moronic cleric in squad who apparently couldn't find their IH button 95% of the time (I ran with 2 clerics and thank the beings for that); I'm pretty sure a squad with a competent one can.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    This is pretty hilarious. PWE actually comes up with a shade of a solution to compensate the APS madness, and now the APS classes DARE whine about it.

The **** do you care if casters have their own NV instances? It is only so because people are so greedy they won't even consider taking any other arcane class than a Cleric for NV. No matter what you say, this is true.

When put in front of the choice to pick between a 5.0 Sin and a Wizard as a last spot for NV, 99,9% of the people in PWI will pick the Sin. Get real. Maybe you wouldn't (for the record I so don't buy that) but pretty much everyone else would. So yeah, you're one in a million, grats. Thanks to you, casters can go peacefully about their day and have no need for an exclusive NV instance.

Oh, wait..
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    still, i go with casters a lot, its is good to have other than aps but still if they get one, y can't we? a lot of squads take casters, and i wasn't getting up at the devoplers, i'm just saying, y can't the mellee side get their own niv, its just fair, how hard would it be to make a pure mellee niv, seriously
    i'm not saying it was a bad idea, buts its just un fair, and i am sure alot of people would agree with me

I lol'ed even more when i read those parts i highlighted Red...you should totally gtfo with your "unfairness" b:bye Being that regular nirvana is pretty much melee only? Since thats what the pwi community has made it with their APS ONLY SQUADS... bleh
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Why did I expect this? Well annyway here goes...

Even though you guys are some of the rare exeptions that actualy take wizzards or veno's or whatever with you... Most ppl don't... It's always 4.0 or 5.0 aps BM or SIN... And usualy a cleric but lot's of ppl are even going withouth cleric... Wich caused the fact that only BM's and SIN's could benefit from Nirvana's mostly... Putting aside the fact that Barbs, clasic Archers and Seekers are still left out... For us arcane users this is one thing we are realy happy about... And if they'd allow all classes in there the Arcane classes will be back at not getting into squads again cause of the freaking aps or g.t.f.o rule on this game... Can't you just be happy for others as well for once?

Just on a side note... My mom has a lvl 101 BM and she doesn't mind this Caster Nirvy at all... But I guess it's a weird thing these day's to think good about others getting something as well... b:bye

^this , even with this new version for casters you can trust me.. its not something everyones gonna do daily my fac mates have tried it and half of them rather do the normal vana's still if they can even get into a squad for tht
    (ps: did not read every bs complaing here ;D)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Otonio - Heavens Tear
    Otonio - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    lol forever @ aps crying cause suddenly they "can't do nirvana"

seriously? read world chat once in a while. no one wants casters. as a veno, the only way I get nirv squads is by having good gear/sage amp, and it's ALWAYS me and five 5aps melees.

when I'm making a squad, I literally have people pm me and say, "what classes are in squad," and as soon as I say, "veno," they say, "nm." it's quite silly.

quit QQing and go farm nirv like you always do. you're not missing anything.
    me lavo las manos con la sangre de newbitos
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Fail thread is fail. Only idiots take casters into squads other than veno for amp. This is quite fair the BM who made this thread go die in a fire you QQing child. I know plenty of casters that were forced to make a sin or a BM just to be able to farm.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ok idk if anyone has noticed, but what is up with the opure caster niv, y don't pww make a pure phy mellee, its fair, the casters, get a better drop rate, its easier, what is going on pwe, plz explain y the caster got a pure caster niv

This caster vana is a great thing, and I wonder why you even complain. Get yourself a wizzie or psy to 100 and try to get into normal vanas. This somewhat makes up the pve part for casters. I also take casters in vana, but let's face it : On a sin/bm you have ppl looking for you, begging you to come on 2x, while on a caster even the ones with +10 weaps have to beg to enter a squad. I got a barb (oldfashion vitbuild), cleric and sin, and I can see the difference in treatment following classes.

They finally made a nice patch, that added a good instance for those "needing" it, a new feature for gear that is actually balanced and not horribly over-expencive, and even fixed some issues (like the map)... and still you manage to complain! b:angry This patch actually gave me some hope there might be some balance again... some day ...
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Fail thread is fail. Only idiots take casters into squads other than veno for amp. This is quite fair the BM who made this thread go die in a fire you QQing child. I know plenty of casters that were forced to make a sin or a BM just to be able to farm.

Yeppppp i had to make a sin to be able to farm nirvana. Well not only make a sin to 100..but also make it 5aps +10 weapon because melee's are even picky amongst themselves of what type of aps and only want 5aps +10-+12 weapon ppl in most casesb:sad
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I just did a caster nirv on my archer.

You need to get a talisman from BH1 quest first. After you have that ANY class can go.
    The only problem is that there is no daily bonus quest for non casters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    Reaperarm - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Caster nirv squad LF more -40% chan or higher only.b:chuckle
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I just did a caster nirv on my archer.

You need to get a talisman from BH1 quest first. After you have that ANY class can go.
    The only problem is that there is no daily bonus quest for non casters.
    So, its possible to sell these as an opener for casters, should any choose to run with less than 6 (I have not been in yet, so I dunno what its like)
    I've been wondering about doing this with my barb, who is almost 100. I could get these, HP buff and open for casters with him.