New Patch 560 Issues

FishontheRun - Harshlands
FishontheRun - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Support Desk
I have tried to use the manual patch and the auto patcher and both ways i cant update my game client, idk if anyone else is having this problem but if a patch is broken before its even release then it shouldnt have been released in the first place. With the auto patcher i always get ti elementskill.dll and then it stops working. Is anyone else having this problem?
Post edited by FishontheRun - Harshlands on

Comments

• Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    me
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • liquidace
    liquidace Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yip i am also getting this problem!
  • FishontheRun - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Atleast i am not the only one having this dang problem hopefully they get it fixed soon i might even send in a ticket about it so they get it faster.
  • Frosty_z - Dreamweaver
    Frosty_z - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry this is so bull every time i try to update i get error ive tried 25 times already
  • liquidace
    liquidace Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yip, by the looks of it the elementskill.dll is corrupted and causing the patch to fail.
    edited August 2011
    ok guys you can tell us how to fix it now.....
  • afflictedprince
    afflictedprince Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I have the same problem, any ideas?
  • Sazael - Lost City
    Sazael - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm also having the same issue "Update files corrupted" is a message I cringe at. Same file, too, "elementskills.dll"... b:cry We need our PWI fixes!
    edited August 2011
    I submitted a ticket so they should have it fixed but they should of tested the file on their own clients before they released this patch to see if everything worked properly. becuase no one should be able to download the file so ALL of the servers are completely empty right now.
    edited August 2011
    heaven's tear has some people in it my gf has patched ok but not too many people are on. FIX IT
    edited August 2011
    Well wtf why can some people download it an others cant that is just bull, Well guess i will just play a game that WORKS after they patch it, until they fix this ****
    edited August 2011
    FIX ITb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • claudsch
    claudsch Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    okay patching worked ... all fine but when i start game it ask me to select server out of 30 servers... wouldnt be a problem if the wouldnt be writen in chinese!!! does it means i need to study chinese real fast to be allowed to play game?

update: okay i tested all servers now and for every server it tells me client version to low ... exit and update "already have v560"

http://i51.tinypic.com/35aj3ig.jpg
  • Berlesk - Lost City
    Berlesk - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    claudsch wrote: »
    okay patching worked ... all fine but when i start game it ask me to select server out of 30 servers... wouldnt be a problem if the wouldnt be writen in chinese!!! does it means i need to study chinese real fast to be allowed to play game?

I have the same problem, it's in chinese and I actually think these are servers from the chinese perfect world. There are way to many of them to be ours. And if u try and enter one it tells you your client is out of date. b:shocked

This is what I'm seeing: http://i55.tinypic.com/2gxhcaa.jpg
    edited August 2011
    b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited August 2011
    Still Not Working Come On Pwe Fix This **** Before I Quit This Game Again!!!
  • BelleFaerie - Lost City
    BelleFaerie - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    claudsch wrote: »

update: okay i tested all servers now and for every server it tells me client version to low ... exit and update "already have v560"

http://i51.tinypic.com/35aj3ig.jpg

got the same prob pleaseeeeeeeee fix it for gods sakeb:sad
  • JadeFountain - Lothranis
    JadeFountain - Lothranis Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So.. any idea on how to fix it or not?
  • wontgetfooled
    wontgetfooled Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    hey!

autopatch worked fine
    but now i have unreadable fonts sort of symbolchinese
    the ping of servers is much higher as it was for -> east coast servers

when i try to connect to a server i get this
    "your current client program version is to low. please exit and update."
    my clientversion is 560

i have verified, restarted, without success
    edited August 2011
    The funny part is that i downloaded the patch just fine on my desktop works and everything tried to transfer over to my laptop and it dont work guess i will just redownload the whole dam client and hope it works
  • BelleFaerie - Lost City
    BelleFaerie - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i just found out something >.< my client is still from the tideborn expansion.. the blue design when u open ur client while my bf has the genesis like the background in this forum -.- im gonna try to fix that and hope that it will work fine... i swear it was working fine until nowb:surrender
  • Mr___X - Raging Tide
    Mr___X - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I suspect the following is happening and causing you to get stuck updating on the same file. You have an elementclient.exe process still running in the background, invisibly out of sight. This client accesses certain files, which therefor cannot be updated by the pather, since they are already being accessed. Either reboot your computer and run pwi with the patcher again, or ctrl+alt+del and kill off elementclient.exe processes running before running the patcher.
    Let me know if it works, i hope it does. (it seems to have worked for me)

• Ts - Harshlands
    Ts - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Thanks Mr___X that solved the issue for me b:pleased
  • claudsch
    claudsch Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The funny part is that i downloaded the patch just fine on my desktop works and everything tried to transfer over to my laptop and it dont work guess i will just redownload the whole dam client and hope it works

thx for this post made me look at the patcher exe itself... okay i had the problem that i had listed the chinese server... i had the same the old loader from tiborn exp... and found out that the patcher exe always say curroped update but still started! okay what i did was starting the patcher.exe itself not from the loader.exe its locadet under your perfectworld install directory "patcher" just start the patcher exe and it should update the patcher ... after i got the new one the server problem got fixed. hope that helps someone
  • caim89
    caim89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hmm... i don/t have that file running in my processes and i have the PWi Genesis updater. I did however make some minor changes on my pc today so maybe ima reboot and see if that fixes it if not im fooked lololololb:laugh
  • CamelCigars - Harshlands
    CamelCigars - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i was having the same problem, but i made what mr x said and it worked.. thank you very much mr x
  • BladeXMaker - Heavens Tear
    BladeXMaker - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    elementskill is the problem , but u know this happened so much and i think they will fix it soon i hope :Db:victory
  • wontgetfooled
    wontgetfooled Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    hey!

finally i coud fix the problem with chinese servers listed

i have clicked launcher.exe and this has updated my patcher.exe
    now i have a genesisstartscreen never seen before :D - think i have had a pretty old version

im back in game - serverlist is english and yes im happy

CrossOverGames - mac - v8.1.4
  • Lorddrakan - Harshlands
    Lorddrakan - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I don't have the elemnt file riuinning in my background and i rebooted my pc and still nothing any1 else go any other suggestions??
  • igmaniii
    igmaniii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    task.data is what is getting me stuck

b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry

For me, everytime it got stuck, I switched to other patch. From 1 to 2, then 2 to 1. Eventually after about 5 switched I am in.