Server-to-Server Transferrs

Options
Blueturtle - Dreamweaver
Blueturtle - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Suggestion Box
We should be able to transfer characters from server to server.I am accidentally in dreamweaver because I thought you kept all your characters,no matter what server you choose.Shows what a noob i am.But still!This seems unfair!

I have an idea that would allow PW technitions enough time to transfer people's characters.You know how it takes a week to delete a character? Well,give it two weeks or more to transfer a character.

The character would not be playable during this time:thats one problem.

The graphics would show the characters backside on both servers, like they are leaving.When the transferr is complete,they turn around,and one is deleted.

The concept behind the idea:People can interact with other people from different parts of Earth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Serving all but trusting no one but myself,Blueturtle.
Post edited by Blueturtle - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Elendirah - Sanctuary
    Elendirah - Sanctuary Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sorry but I don't think it's going to happen. Players who are forced to start all over again because they want to switch server = more potential $ for them, and it's the only thing they care about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sorry but I don't think it's going to happen. Players who are forced to start all over again because they want to switch server = more potential $ for them, and it's the only thing they care about.

Yes, sad but true. For the longest time, the excuse was "is not currently possible". However, with the recent cross-server, cross-version tourney going on, that excuse is revealed to be nothing but a lie. They can do such transfers, but they won't, because why would they transfer your characters to a new server, with your account stash, maxed inventory, safe, pet bag, cupboard, and wardrobe? Why would they let you transfer your uber-geared endgame character when you could just shell out more money for new characters, with new inventories to be upgraded, new gear to be cash-shopped for?

Honestly, they could have at least offered a one-time transfer for those who wanted to move to the European servers. Even offered it for a small price. But PWI onyl cares about money, and maximizing profits while keeping their shareholders satisfied.
  • Menalus - Heavens Tear
    Menalus - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dont know why the players dont do like a strike or something to stop this money ****. Game i played 3 years ago had like a boycott i guess because the game was being all about money so all the players quit playing for a month and the game makers chilled out and stopped with all the money nonsense. Sure they still have a cash shop but they dont make you force to buy stuff for real money to get uber and be treated equally hopefuly this game gets on the right road because even if they cant stop the money whorin they can always listen to players suggestions thus making profits the players are happy with. Happy players happy game makers but pwi is blindly looking for profits and not caring about the player base. The results are there this isnt a joke not many people play now days.
  • mjmessneer
    mjmessneer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yes, I would welcome the transition to a European server. I am from the Czech Republic and play the East Coast server and ping times are high and I need to play in the middle of Dragon Temple and others. Too late at night for me
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    There are a few reasons why this can't or shouldn't be done.

It can't be done because names can't be the same on the same server, so if one person wanted to transfer and another player already had his name, he's out of luck. Thus, it would be unfair to him if another player can transfer. Also, names can't be changed without risking the stability of the names database.

It shouldn't be done because the servers all have different economies. Being separate for the life of each server has allowed them to develop economies based on the needs and wants of the players playing that specific server. To allow a player to make a huge amount of coin on a good economy server and then transfer it to another server would be unfair to the players who have been playing that server all along. This especially comes into effect with a transfer from PvE to PvP. A player could go no-risk all the way to R9+12 and full shards, then transfer to a PvP server and be an automatic contender for less than it would cost a player to get there playing only the PvP server.

Overall, server transfers (in my opinion) would be one of the worst things they could do with this game. Think if players had been able to transfer to the European servers...there would have been an instant monopoly on certain things, and those players who were the target audience just starting out would be at a huge disadvantage.
  • Blueturtle - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    There are a few reasons why this can't or shouldn't be done.

It shouldn't be done because the servers all have different economies. Being separate for the life of each server has allowed them to develop economies based on the needs and wants of the players playing that specific server. To allow a player to make a huge amount of coin on a good economy server and then transfer it to another server would be unfair to the players who have been playing that server all along. This especially comes into effect with a transfer from PvE to PvP. A player could go no-risk all the way to R9+12 and full shards, then transfer to a PvP server and be an automatic contender for less than it would cost a player to get there playing only the PvP server.

Overall, server transfers (in my opinion) would be one of the worst things they could do with this game. Think if players had been able to transfer to the European servers...there would have been an instant monopoly on certain things, and those players who were the target audience just starting out would be at a huge disadvantage.

I understand the namesb:cry,but why not having server transferrs to and from same type servers? PvE will transfer to PvE,and vice versa!Therefore, there is no advantage gap.Also, ANY plaver starting out on ANY server will be poor,and grow to be monopolies anywhere.This is your problem-you are overseeing the basic foundations of your own game!

As far as the economy thing,the economies on all servers should be the same.If not, so be it! Its not that obvious to players!And it would add an interesting twist on the game. After all,the coinage is VIRTUAL!!!!

If the transfers took a long time while the character is disabled for that time,it would discourage players from doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lawlass_war - Heavens Tear
    Lawlass_war - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ]I understand the namesb:cry,but why not having server transferrs to and from same type servers? PvE will transfer to PvE,and vice versa!Therefore, there is no advantage gap.Also, ANY plaver starting out on ANY server will be poor,and grow to be monopolies anywhere.This is your problem-you are overseeing the basic foundations of your own game!

i have yet to play a mmo where the devs dirctly control the market. when it all boils down it's the players who decide the economy, not the gamine company itself. the problem here is one is leaving one server, possible at endgame, on to a new server where , with their end game toon, even if all their coin is taken, they could get the money back by selling heads and buy selling assets.

As far as the economy thing,the economies on all servers should be the same.If not, so be it! Its not that obvious to players!And it would add an interesting twist on the game. After all,the coinage is VIRTUAL!!!!

again, i have yet to play an mmo where the economy is dirctly controlled by the devs, yes they can influence it, but in the end, it's the player, being human, who drive the economy up to make the most of opportunities that come by.

If the transfers took a long time while the character is disabled for that time,it would discourage players from doing it.

in the end the player would still have his assets that could be sold over for big bucks and he'll be right on top.

in addition to the problems the idea would cause, PWI would have too much to lose by doing this
  • awiuejkhguke
    awiuejkhguke Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The mod's reasons are pitiful because of the following:

1. Allow the player a free name change if the name is already taken on that server.

2. The player transferred servers voluntarily.

L2thinkuterribadmod.
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The mod's reasons are pitiful because of the following:

1. Allow the player a free name change if the name is already taken on that server.

2. The player transferred servers voluntarily.

L2thinkuterribadmod.

Let me point out that I already answered both of those questions...

1. The name can't be changed without risking the stability of the names database (this is why factions/characters with inappropriate names are deleted and not edited).

2. The problem isn't for the players that transfer, it's for those that existed on the server and have had to deal with that specific server's economy through their whole leveling process. The player transferring would have an unfair advantage over the existing players.

And bad application of meme is bad.

Also, if you're going to attack me about my posts, at least have the guts to do it on your main account, and not one that you created just to troll me.

Thanks!b:thanks
  • Neyda - Raging Tide
    Neyda - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

1. The name can't be changed without risking the stability of the names database (this is why factions/characters with inappropriate names are deleted and not edited).

This isn't a Problem in other Games, so I think it would be
    possible.

2. The problem isn't for the players that transfer, it's for those that existed on the server and have had to deal with that specific server's economy through their whole leveling process. The player transferring would have an unfair advantage over the existing players.

This is just Bull****, because you can get most of the Items from
    Packs anyway, And also this isn't a Problem for other Games

Also, if you're going to attack me about my posts, at least have the guts to do it on your main account, and not one that you created just to troll me.

Thanks!b:thanks

For me, the Reasons are just Excuses.
    Normally a Character Transfer is good for a Game, because most people would
    transfer from a overpopulated Server, with high Pings, to a less populated one.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This game is pretty old, and the coding changed hands a few times so to mean it sounds like its all over the place. Anyway, they DID offer it a long time ago and it DID mess up the database. It's not a guess. And our version was not cross server, thats why we ended up sending the best PvE team to a PvP tournament. Not that the people who went weren't probably also good at PK, in fact they are probably great. Maybe would have even won the thing anyway. But the fact of the matter is that tournament for our version was NOT cross server, they fought harpy wraiths at the end not each other. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • awiuejkhguke
    awiuejkhguke Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Once again, the mod fails for the following reasons:

1. Providing exQQses for simple coding. (this is why characters/factions with inappropriate names were censored before they became deleted)

2. Providing exQQses for player-made economies that were already fuucked up by the implementation of non-farmable items.

Terribad exQQses are terribad.
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i can personally understand all the reasons that the mod provided. they had an experience with transfer once before. the simple fact of the matter is coding his one hell of a job to pull off. the games that hae character transfers most likly had that feature on pretty much build into the original coding. however, an old game like PWI most likly didn't have the same set up as the games that allow transfers. by now, after all the hand changing and all the other additions to the game since the game lunched, it's actually understandable. this could very well be hard to pull off. in addition to that, like others said, they rather find new ways to make money.
    edited August 2011
    Options

{So? Allow the names that are stable.Duh!}

{...Which would make the game interesting,therefore causing transfers to other servers. As I said,any character that is at higher levels and money is at advantage to other players with less money and levels.Did you read my post?}

{What the heck is a meme????}

I do it under my character because both me and my sister share the account.I did not create it just to attack you.I created because i was interested in the game,and wanted to play it.I found a problem with the game, and I am standing up for what I believe should be done to fix it.

I need more cooperation than chaos.If you stop repeating what your excuses are and give answers to select players on what they said on your excuses,maybe there wouldn't be as much fighting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver
    Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    server to server transfer is possible i played WOW 5 years ago and you cld transfer your toons...but the down side was that it cost 50$...pwi is a money scam the biggest mistake pwi made was not putting a cap on the pricing and trading of gold
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i have yet to play a mmo where the devs dirctly control the market. when it all boils down it's the players who decide the economy, not the gamine company itself. the problem here is one is leaving one server, possible at endgame, on to a new server where , with their end game toon, even if all their coin is taken, they could get the money back by selling heads and buy selling assets.

And where will the coin be generated to buy said heads and assets? The heavy cash shoppers would first need to blow loads of money on packs, then open them. Because a new server won't have players with the coin to buy the gold/packs, the cash shoppers will first need to generate all that coin by opening the packs. Henceforth, the economy is set by the cash shoppers, followed by the merchants. Transferred characters will have little effect on their own, unless they are also heavy cash shoppers and/or merchants.

This is, of course, assuming that coins, best lucks, and ecstasy/excitement/sadness cards would not be transferrable.
    again, i have yet to play an mmo where the economy is dirctly controlled by the devs, yes they can influence it, but in the end, it's the player, being human, who drive the economy up to make the most of opportunities that come by.

I know of a certain mmo, in fact it was the first I ever payed, known as RS to some. It's entire market is based on pre-determined prices, with a small margin for slight merchanting. You cannot set higher than the highest price allowed, nor can you set lower than the lowest price allowed, both when buying, and when selling.

in the end the player would still have his assets that could be sold over for big bucks and he'll be right on top.
    And again I ask: in a fresh new server, where will the coin come from for people to buy his assets, assuming all of the large coin generators are not transferrable?

Oh wait, he could NPC it for possible a few ten or hundred grand.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I played a different game where you could transfer servers. We would quite often do it with alts every week or 2 and people from other servers would come to ours back and forth...

Here is how they worked it out...

Initial transfer was a charge... As you spent money on the boutique there it tallied up a total of reward points for your account. Once you had enough reward points you were able to transfer to another server. When signing up for the transfer You had to give your initial name... A new name you wanted, followed by 3 others... The reason behind it was if your name was already taken then you could use one of various back ups.

The economy situation... I was on one of the cheaper servers... Items there were far lesser and easier to farm. However after we collected a group of mats as a guild we put on an alt and sent the guild alt over to a different server to sell for a profit. a week later (if everything had sold) the alt would be brought back and the shares were split. This allowed for seperate economies yes... But it also allowed for one big economy in general. kind of like an investor visiting other markets.

The new server endgame fix.... New servers were off limits to transfer to for a minimum of 6 months (longer if the players were not lvling fast enough) More populated servers cost more money to transfer to than the less populated ones. This ensured that all servers would be filled up evenly.

Before the transfer, the player needed to drop faction, divorce any spouses, delete friends list, and empty all mail. Beyond that it was a simple process that was literally copy, paste, delete from old save to new.

Now as for me in this game... I would love to be able to transfer because of the simple fact I move across the country 2 or 3 times a year... I started living in atlanta... and have moved 5 times back and forth now ending up in arizona... I want a west coast server for less lag. I am also kind of tired of pvp but I really don't to start all over again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Let me explain something to you people who can't seem to understand what's going on. Just because other games allow transfers doesn't mean they all can. If PWE says they can't do it with their games, then that's final. Period. End of discussion.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Let me explain something to you people who can't seem to understand what's going on. Just because other games allow transfers doesn't mean they all can. If PWE says they can't do it with their games, then that's final. Period. End of discussion.

This.........this is one of the most intelligent and true statements in this entire thread. just because it's possible in other games does not mean it should bee in this one. there are several other mmos without character transfers and they get along just fine. the company has made up it's mind and we all know that once that happens that's it.

the simple fact that this could possible net PWE a nice chunk of cash, yet they refuse to do it shows that they have their reasons not togo with this idea
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This.........this is one of the most intelligent and true statements in this entire thread. just because it's possible in other games does not mean it should bee in this one. there are several other mmos without character transfers and they get along just fine. the company has made up it's mind and we all know that once that happens that's it.

It is not "it"! There is always room for fixes and improvement, no matter how much an idea is perfected,because there is no such thing as perfect.
    How do you think you got the computers you have in front of you?? Because people thought that the typwriter,the telephone, telegraph,mail truck and banking computers could be improved.Then they went from tube computers to LCDs and monitors...
    If you convince and persuade a person enough,they will eventually change their mind."We cant do it"shows lack of confidence,so get some support from others who actually have confidence !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Computers and stuff weren't invented until the technology was around that made them possible. It wasn't just ideas and dreams and complaining and dissatisfaction. Man wanted to fly for centuries before it was possible to do so, though many tried. Look at Da Vinci's early plans for a helicopter if you don't believe me. Just because you want it and complain about it doesn't mean that PWI's coding and servers can physically handle it because the game was invented years ago even before the CN F2P debuted, it was already around as a P2P game. The coding just can't handle it, even if it's possible for other games. You can't force a 19th century typewriter to go to google.com and print you out a spreadsheet no matter how badly you wanted and no matter how easily other devices around today could do it. Just because something is possible in one game, doesn't make it possible in the other game. They know people want it, they used to offer it and it caused problems with their database. The fact that they could be making a TON of money off of this, as greedy as this company acts sometimes, and still won't do it should clue you in that they are telling the truth. It's not possible. End of story.

Also, just because it's not what you want to hear doesn't make it an excuse. Counterpoints don't matter if it's not physically possible to do something. IJS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ^^this is what i'm talking about.

YES there is always room for improvement......WITHIN certain boundaries. you can't expect a generator that is designed to power 2 homes to be able to power an entire neighborhood block. sure maybe with some tinkering you might be able to add another house or 2 but you can't get it to power an entire block.

you can't expect to get a PC computer that was made 20 years again to hold 500 GB of data, yes you might be able to improve on it, but sooner or later it will get to a point where more upgrading just isn't possible. and no way in hell you can get the parts we use in computers today, to work on the computers back then.

this is exactly what's happening here. people are expecting too much in this regaurd. i said it before and i'll say it again, PWE can make big money off this, yet they will not do it, that shows something is up.

to add this would be pushing past the limits the tech PWE allows. all of the new stuff and coding they may need to get this to work could be put elsewhere. either by making a new game altogether, or by actually fixing the bugs in the game.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It is "POSSIBLE" to do... However the inability refered to is just the non desire to do it. They could. And have under special circumstances recreated a player either deleted or corrupted to exact specs before. All that is being asked is to make it a common practice within the International servers

A service that some of us would very much like to pay for. If the above people mentioned listened to everyone who said that it can not be done then we would still be dreaming of flying, we would still be using horses to communicate long distances, and we certainly wouldn't be typing on a computer or laptop about this discussion.

There is an ancient saying originated in modern day Iran that has recently become part of popular culture... Especially among gaming communities....

Nothing is Forbidden Everything is Permitted
    But do to inconsisties with the translation among scholars it is debated to be...
    Nothing is True Everything is Permitted

The wisdom in that saying is if you believe everything you are told to be absolute law (referring to the poster at the top of this page).... Then the world will never progress beyond what it is today. The words were spoken more than 1k years ago, and still hold true to this day.

If you doubt me look up the order of the Hassanshens (followers of Hassan) which the word was later changed to assasins (curse those translations)
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nothing is True Everything is Permitted

lol sorry, i just couldn't resist at taking a potshot at the fact that an assassin is saying this line.b:chuckle big fan of assassin's creed hereb:surrender
  • mortalheart
    mortalheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    gotta agree with kritty kat makes total sense. it wouldnt be fair for the people who have been true to the server theyve been playing all along
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Since people don't seem to quite understand exactly what I'm saying, I'm going to make it really simple.

Can PWE migrate characters to other servers? The technical answer is yes, in theory. However, in practice, it runs into a few integral flaws.

1) Names
    Names, if already taken, would have to be changed. In the past, this has proven to cause some database issues. Thus, the practice of name-changing has been discontinued, which means that this is an integral flaw of S2S transfers.

2) Economy
    The economy of each server is different. This means that players from a PvE server could get better things at (generally) a cheaper price, due to it being a PvE server and better gear not being as in-demand. After obtaining this cheaper gear, that player could then transfer their character over to a PvP server and dominate the other players who can't yet afford to get the gear because of its price on the PvP server. This is a second integral flaw.

3) Time
    Since there is no built-in Server Transfer ability, every single transfer would have to be done by hand. This would be a very time-consuming undertaking, because the amount of requests would be immense (and don't tell me differently). The GMs would have no time to get any actual work done between sorting through Transfer requests and making the actual transfers. This is the third and final integral flaw I'll outline in this post.

In short, there are things preventing this from ever happening that will never change; thus, don't expect server transfers to become a part of PWI any time soon, if ever.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol sorry, i just couldn't resist at taking a potshot at the fact that an assassin is saying this line.b:chuckle big fan of assassin's creed hereb:surrender

Yes I recognize the irony in that as well
  • Ljubica - Dreamweaver
    Ljubica - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    We should be able to transfer characters from server to server.I am accidentally in dreamweaver because I thought you kept all your characters,no matter what server you choose.Shows what a noob i am.But still!This seems unfair!

I have an idea that would allow PW technitions enough time to transfer people's characters.You know how it takes a week to delete a character? Well,give it two weeks or more to transfer a character.

The character would not be playable during this time:thats one problem.

The graphics would show the characters backside on both servers, like they are leaving.When the transferr is complete,they turn around,and one is deleted.

The concept behind the idea:People can interact with other people from different parts of Earth.

I think this is a great idea.

I used to play on USA servers when there was no Europe servers, but I'm from Europe and I had some of the worst delays ever so I stopped playing, it was too hard to play like that. Now I started again with this Europe servers and seen this topic, would love to try my cleric with no delay in healing dungeons :D
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Since people don't seem to quite understand exactly what I'm saying, I'm going to make it really simple.

Can PWE migrate characters to other servers? The technical answer is yes, in theory. However, in practice, it runs into a few integral flaws.

1) Names
    Names, if already taken, would have to be changed. In the past, this has proven to cause some database issues. Thus, the practice of name-changing has been discontinued, which means that this is an integral flaw of S2S transfers.

2) Economy
    The economy of each server is different. This means that players from a PvE server could get better things at (generally) a cheaper price, due to it being a PvE server and better gear not being as in-demand. After obtaining this cheaper gear, that player could then transfer their character over to a PvP server and dominate the other players who can't yet afford to get the gear because of its price on the PvP server. This is a second integral flaw.

3) Time
    Since there is no built-in Server Transfer ability, every single transfer would have to be done by hand. This would be a very time-consuming undertaking, because the amount of requests would be immense (and don't tell me differently).
    The GMs would have no time to get any actual work done between sorting through Transfer requests and making the actual transfers. This is the third and final integral flaw I'll outline in this post.

In short, there are things preventing this from ever happening that will never change; thus, don't expect server transfers to become a part of PWI any time soon, if ever.
    Since Krittycat hasnt been entirely reading my posts, I am going to put up a post after this one to simplify what I have written so he can read it and take my suggestions into his brain.
    The things i have outlined in yellow are things ive been trying to tell you solutions for.Please read them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Options
    We should be able to transfer characters from server to server. I am accidentally in Dreamweaver because I thought you kept all your characters, no matter what server you choose. Shows what a new player I am. But still! This seems unfair! I want to go to Archosaur!
    1)Names
    Allow the names that are stable. Allow names to servers that don’t already have that name.

2) Economy / Server
    Why not having server transfers to and from same type servers? PvE will transfer to PvE, and PvP to PvP! Therefore, there is no advantage gap. Also, ANY player starting out on ANY server will be poor, and grow to be monopolies anywhere. This is your problem-you are overseeing the basic foundations of your own game!
    As far as the economy thing, the economies on all servers should be the same. If not, so be it! It’s not that obvious to players! And it would add an interesting twist on the game. After all, the coinage is VIRTUAL!!!!

3-Time
    I have an idea that would allow PW technicians enough time to transfer people's characters. You know how it takes a week to delete a character? Well, give it two weeks or more to transfer a character.
    The character would not be playable during this time. If the transfers took a long time while the character is disabled for that time, it would discourage players from doing it.

4-Graphics
    The graphics would show the characters backside on both servers, like they are leaving. When the transfer is complete, they turn around, and one is deleted.
    The concept behind the idea: People can interact with other people from different parts of Earth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.