Pwi

fellyboy
fellyboy Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Im thinking about getting a new aptop and i was wondering if http://www.amazon.co.uk/G62-B27SA-Notebook-Dual-Core-Processor-Genuine/dp/B004UFOVJM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1314528994&sr=8-6 would play it well ..... thanks
Post edited by fellyboy on

Comments

• LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Excellently.

Might be forced to isolate it to a single core (Games fault not the laptop) but otherwise itl run fine dependent on your graphics settings (Youd probably be able to run high with medium view distance or any variation you like. Maybe even full max).
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    What's with all these computer spec threads =S

Yeah anyway the processor speed is 2.2Ghz dual core, so that's enough for PWI

Do you know what the graphics card (GPU) is? It's hard to tell how well it would run without knowing how good the video card is.

EDIT: Oh LOL, yeah, that's fine for PWI.
    You can probably play max settings on full distance with that card. I have a similar card, but with 3.1GHz dual processor instead of 2.2GHz and I get ~60FPS while flying, ~80 in dungeons, ~60 in west arch. (with max everything)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    What's with all these computer spec threads =S

Yeah anyway the processor speed is 2.2Ghz dual core, so thats enough for PWI

Do you know what the graphics card (GPU) is?

Scroll down lol.
  • endlesspsy
    endlesspsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    yes that laptop can play in PVE without lag. in pvp-tw u will lag a bit but u can turn down settings. But i think 80% of TW players lag anyways
  • fellyboy
    fellyboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ok thanks b:victory
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2011
    Just make sure you use an actual mouse instead of trying to use the touchpad. Download and install the latest video card driver before you play. And set patcher.exe, launcer.exe and elementclient.exe to run with administrator permissions in their program properties.

Then you'll be good to go. And don't worry about the core affinity. Windows 7 will manage it just fine. Only Vista and XP have an issue with that now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darg_race - Sanctuary
    Darg_race - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Do not waste your 309 pounds on this crappy laptop and here is the reason why. HP is famous for their stupid overheating on all laptops and maybe on their desktops, my mom has one and she hates it. If you don't believe me, then feel free to search HP overheating problems on google.

Another problem with this laptop is the AMD processor, its not as great as Intel Core processor because amd is slower. So if you want to buy a laptop, then maybe you can pick Dell brand or Asus brand, also make sure to choose intel core i7 processor for better performance and windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Hope you can find the right computer for gaming and other things.

b:kissb:dirtyb:cute

P.S. if you want to play this game on highest graphics settings without lag or much less lagging problems, then make sure the laptop you buy has a 1gigs or more video memory on the video card. Also buy a laptop that has at least 4 to 8 GB or RAM, the 3GB on the laptop that you just showed us is just too little amount.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-560/pd?oc=fddoat15d&model_id=inspiron-560

since we're all here, I guess I should ask:

would this do well with pwi? I'm kinda on a budget, but there's mixed reviews about how good this comp is for gaming. But PWI is a bit aged, so I'm wondering if this comp would work well with PWI b:question
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    P.S. if you want to play this game on highest graphics settings without lag or much less lagging problems, then make sure the laptop you buy has a 1gigs or more video memory on the video card. Also buy a laptop that has at least 4 to 8 GB or RAM, the 3GB on the laptop that you just showed us is just too little amount.

lolwut?

PWI doesn't need 8gb, nor does it need a video card with 1gb ram. PW textures are low res. Even maxed out a 512m card is plenty for this nearly decade old game engine.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    lolwut?

PWI doesn't need 8gb, nor does it need a video card with 1gb ram. PW textures are low res. Even maxed out a 512k card is plenty for this nearly decade old game engine.

So would a video card with 512k RAM be able to run PWI on max settings? Or would something more powerful be needed for that?
  • Darg_race - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    So would a video card with 512k RAM be able to run PWI on max settings? Or would something more powerful be needed for that?

Of course you can run pwi with 512k video memory on the graphics card, you can even run the game with a 256k card. But you will get less fps on maxed out settings with that.
  • Darg_race - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    lolwut?

PWI doesn't need 8gb, nor does it need a video card with 1gb ram. PW textures are low res. Even maxed out a 512k card is plenty for this nearly decade old game engine.

I didn't say you need 8 gigs, i said 4 to 8 since stupid HP laptops can only handle 3 gigs. The reason why i said 4 to 8 gigs of RAM is what if the OP doing something else while playing pwi on the same computer? As you know, having more than one window open at the same time will require more RAM. So i say 4 to 6 should be enough to use (at least 4 gigs of RAM)

b:pleasedb:dirty
  • akavia
    akavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    PWI I thought your game was awesome but when people like cXJesterXc, ScorpioRain and yamakazi curse you, kill your mobs and threaten to get you ban becasue "they are GM's and can lie" the game is no fun no more I may be a low lvl cleric and cannot handle the mobs but i would not put myself or others in jeapordy, steal their kills or disrespect them over stupidity.
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    akavia wrote: »
    PWI I thought your game was awesome but when people like cXJesterXc, ScorpioRain and yamakazi curse you, kill your mobs and threaten to get you ban becasue "they are GM's and can lie" the game is no fun no more I may be a low lvl cleric and cannot handle the mobs but i would not put myself or others in jeapordy, steal their kills or disrespect them over stupidity.

Someone should read the rules ;D. No naming & shaming on the fourms :))
    And besides... since when have mobs had your name on them? :) and -ahem- I've never really had a problem keeping my lower level mages alive >,>...

Edit; forgot to say, despite the HP laptop having a problem with overheating (and thus other problems with motherboards, circuiting and batteries e.c.t... you can always buy a cooling tray for laptops, the best ones (imo) are the 'silent' (not really, but as close as you can get) and plug into the usb of your computer. This laptop is also fine for running PWI, imy cousin actually has the exact model i believe and i play PW on my cousin's laptop all the time, it's far better than 80% of the dell insperon ranges out there, unless you spend another
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Of course you can run pwi with 512k video memory on the graphics card, you can even run the game with a 256k card. But you will get less fps on maxed out settings with that.
    I must have went in a time machine around the time when people switched from CGA to VGA.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I must have went in a time machine around the time when people switched from CGA to VGA.

lool... old habits. b:chuckle

I meant 512 megabytes.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.