Gold Trading Rant Thread!

Lightaine - Dreamweaver
Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Tideswell (East)
Courtesy of Lightaine. b:victory

Mkay, so. Anyone who has taken some form of economics know all about supply and demand, and I won't get into that too much.

Why is it that every night before the patch comes out, regardless of what people think might come out the next day, people place gold prices ridiculously high?

Yes, people want gold. But the demand isn't that bad. Not enough to warrant 175K-250K prices. (That was this morning. For all I know, gold costs 300K now.)

It would be a terrible day when this happens, but let's pretend for a moment here. Let's say gold reached 200K one day and stabilized there. It stays at 200K regardless of the shiny cash shop items.

I would be just fine with it if that was the accepted price. However, whenever you try to sell a cash shop item to someone else, they don't want to pay more than a 110K-125K ratio. If you point out that gold is 130, 140K, etc. they don't want to hear it. They want to keep their Heaven's Tear/Sanctuary Prices.

So my frustration is not high gold prices. It's the wide variance of prices from hour to hour. Please pick a price and stick with it.

Side note: You people buying the gold at that price is what makes it expensive. Putting in bids for 140K-150K when gold is at 175K is not standing your ground, as smooth as you think you are.

</endrant>
hai2u
Post edited by Lightaine - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Does not matter what the server is. Players complain about high gold prices, then are stupid enough to actually pay.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Gold prices are over 1m now. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Necro much ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Necro much ?

I'm bored don't judge me b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    inb4 lock
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Bleh, Lightaine. Kinda glad he left DW.

Also, gettin mah plus wun in b four lock.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    +1

me too
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    inb4 lock

Was gonna say that, now you makin me type more (insert inappropriate word).

Took my time, Shelly mustbe have crabs or....(who was it who had herpes again?)
    PWI b:bye
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Guess I'll keep upping my count here since our mods clearly don't monitor as much as they should...
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm not shocked they haven't closed it yet lol, damn it Zan you freaking necroer!
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Plusthree...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toxie - Dreamweaver
    Toxie - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Wow I remember when he made that post lol. b:chuckle
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    zomg that damn necromance zanryu someone should burn him at the stake
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • BloodyOne - Dreamweaver
    BloodyOne - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    this thread started in 09 and its still open o_o
    Wooooo +1
    b:shocked no signature
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Pro necro skills yo
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Plusfour...

Love how inattentive our mods are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
This discussion has been closed.