Dream Team!

Zhadi - Archosaur
Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Etherblade (West)
So there are quite a few "Best Of" threads.

Quite frankly, those bring out the most discussion out of Archosaur server, that is the reason there are so many.

Discussion is always good, whether you agree with the next person or not; whether it's trolling or serious, we all have a bit of fun on these forums and it's the reason we keep coming back (unless you're here to defend your e-peen and tell everybody how amazingly smart you are irl, lol)

Here's one that's slightly different.

Name the 6 people of a dream team squad. I don't want squads based only on gear, so for the sake of argument, pretend every single person on this server is rank 9 with everything +12 and all jades of steady defense.

You can use anybody that ever played our server, that means those who have quit already as well.

Here's mine:

1. Proski (Wiz)
2. Orintaz (Psy)
3. RioN (Barb)
4. ULMOS (BM)
5. Qingfu (Cleric)
6. Proclivity (Veno)

Reason for my squad setup:
1. Proski is a great wizard, probably one of the best in the server. The fact that he's overshadowed by many others is because his gear has always been terrible. However, the main reason he's in the squad is not necessarily that, it's more for the fact that he would be squad leader. In my opinion, Proski has a great ability to lead and he proved that to me and many other people who don't have a biased opinion against him, and even to a lot of those who do.

2. Orintaz. As we all know, psychics are pretty OP when you fully +12 them. He would act as the main DD in this squad. Although Orintaz doesn't PK, he took off the gloves a few times to 1v1 me and ended up killing me quite a bit even with the natural advantage that archers have against psychics who aren't extremely well geared. Orintaz is, in my opinion, the most skilled psychic on Archosaur server.

3. Rion. A barb is needed for buffs. Although everybody may think that rank 9 barbs are super OP, theyll have trouble killing other rank 9s with +12 and jades. His main role will be to annoy the hell out of the opposing side's main DDs because he won't be easy to kill or get off you. Rion was chosen for this position because he knows what he's doing. He knows how to stay alive, unlike a lot of other barbs on this server who think that just cuz they are barbs, they are unkillable.

4. ULMOS. Although most people will remember ULMOS as the APS BM who got TT100 fists before anybody else, I remember him being a vit/axe build all the way up till end game. He was pretty damn good at it too. I remember fighting many BMs that outgeared ULMOS in every way, and yet I always had more difficulty killing him because he knew what he had to do to stay alive. The BMs role would be crowd control and locking up opponents, not to mention HF if your DDs are having trouble taking down a tough tanky person :D

5. Qingfu. A cleric... need I say more? Buffs, keep allies healed, opponents debuffed and slept for further control, and they don't lack that much power in DD like most other MMORPG's. A cleric is a must have in any squad, whether it's PvP or PvE. Qingfu outshined a lot of clerics out there. Once again, he was overshadowed by many because of the lack of gear, but if you paid close attention to how he PKd, you'd know he was definitely one of the best.

6. Proclivity. Debuff opponents, Purge them, and sick your nix on them to be annoying as hell. Venos are a MUST. They can be DDs, but they truly play their role when they use their fox skills to maximize potential. Proclivity is the only veno I remember on this server that did just that. All others seemed to think that Bramble Hood, Lucky Scarab, Ironwood Scarab and Nix bleed would always win a game. Take some lessons from Proc.
Post edited by Zhadi - Archosaur on

Comments

• Anthemyra_ - Momaganon
    Anthemyra_ - Momaganon Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ... considering that even ppl that are retired can be put in that team here is mine

1.Maidenkiss = Maiden (cleric) <3 b:kiss
    2.Bedommed = Benoobed (wizard) b:cute
    3.Pulseofhell = Pulsey or "No pulse at all" as we called him <3 (archer) b:chuckle
    4.Arrengriever = Griever (barb) -(retired)
    5.Plumelady = Plumey (cleric) - for those who don't know this was me XD (retired)
    6.*insert w/e name here*

... i really miss those tt runs ... i've died a lot (mostly couse of me being low lv and noob XD ) ... lost enogh exp to make may ppl whip for months ... but i had A LOT of fun <3<3<3

GREAT TEAM
    GREAT FRIENDSHIP
    GREAT TIMES ...

to bad this is only a memory now

miss u guys ... really :)
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Dream team!

1)Sasha Grey

2)Marilyn Chambers

3)Seka

4)Traci Lords

5)Linda Lovelace

6)Jenna Jameson

7) as the fill in -Maka-
    re
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    1.) BM - LordRamRod - I miss hamrod, I recall his hfs and stuns served pk squads with me many a time, even though we would fight r9s with tt90/99 lol.

2.) PSY - Orintaz - ok this is a wierd one, cos I know people dont rate him/see him pvp, but hear me out, he only TWs and has come to faction pk (rarely albeit) firstly, and hes a beast to kill, apoth *****, he knows how to play his class, just dosent use it much at all, because 1.) dosent care about pk & 2.) hates sl/drops/gas? If oreo pked id be worried lol

3.) BARB - me
    - because I got dem furry bits.

4.) WIZARD - _CurseD - this kid is a pro, people say "hes geared thats why he was good", I disagree, the main reason for picking him, is his use of genie skill + kiting + debuff combos + teamwork, in pk, hes epic, even when being ganked, distance shrinking and kiting until he can get the perfect hit in.
    Pwic he kited like a **** while being attacked, spammed genie and apo to stay alive while still helping focus fire on targets, like a boss, while I called targets like crazy on vent.

5.) ARCHER - AgentPotato
    - There are 3 archers ive played with/against most on this server, taters, zhadi and pulse, considering that this is a dream team, and skills/teamwork involvement too, Taters is often in my tw squad, especially when im not pulling cata, the guy works so well in a team, calling targets as well as I do, and picking the right moments to flee/apo/dd with the correct set of skill spam.

6.) CLERIC - I do want a cleric in this squad... but im kinda having a hard time choosing, atm, crelor, ggianale and gigity are on my mind but im really undecided.
    ill edit this later when/if I decide.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    4.) WIZARD - _CurseD - this kid is a pro, people say "hes geared thats why he was good", I disagree, the main reason for picking him, is his use of genie skill + kiting + debuff combos + teamwork, in pk, hes epic, even when being ganked, distance shrinking and kiting until he can get the perfect hit in.
    Pwic he kited like a **** while being attacked, spammed genie and apo to stay alive while still helping focus fire on targets, like a boss, while I called targets like crazy on vent.

6.) CLERIC - I do want a cleric in this squad... but im kinda having a hard time choosing, atm, crelor, ggianale and gigity are on my mind but im really undecided.
    ill edit this later when/if I decide.

First of all, I'll suggest another two good clerics: King_Jack and Aratainia. I totally spaced out about them. Haven't seen King_Jack PK, but I've seen him work in PvE and TW and he's really good. Aratainia has been PKing since early on and she knows what she's doing.

I also remember kirbie being pretty good, but she was all out DD and hardly ever supported while PKing. A cleric who doesn't support in a PvP squad is not a good cleric imo, but who knows, maybe a squad will enjoy the extra DD. Those are just some names if you're really spacing out on clerics.

Now, for cursed, the reason I didn't include him was because he never PKd with lesser gear. I never said he's terrible, he's grown to learn to play his class, but it doesn't change the fact that other, more skilled, wizards are out there.
    The reason he can spam those genie skills wizards need is because... have you seen his 91+ LP genie? Have you seen how stacked it is?
    Now, the reason he can kite and sit there long enough to debuff is because he can tank the hits, as opposed to other wizards who are always 1-2 hits.
    In other words.. his gear gives him the survivability to actually take hits and stay out there doing what a wizard does. I hit proski and all those other wizards out there for 2.5k - 3k. I hit Cursed for 300-400 and he has loads more HP than them too. If that stat isn't enough to show why other wizards can't stay out there long enough to show they're as good or better than him, I don't know what can.

Last thing to comment on, a veno would be great for any pvp squad. Purge and amps are almost necessary to take down full r9 jaded people that know how to play.

PS: You're one of the few that have seen Orintaz PK, and those who have will definitely agree with us, I'm sure.
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    First of all, I'll suggest another two good clerics: King_Jack and Aratainia. I totally spaced out about them. Haven't seen King_Jack PK, but I've seen him work in PvE and TW and he's really good. Aratainia has been PKing since early on and she knows what she's doing.

I also remember kirbie being pretty good, but she was all out DD and hardly ever supported while PKing. A cleric who doesn't support in a PvP squad is not a good cleric imo, but who knows, maybe a squad will enjoy the extra DD. Those are just some names if you're really spacing out on clerics.

Now, for cursed, the reason I didn't include him was because he never PKd with lesser gear. I never said he's terrible, he's grown to learn to play his class, but it doesn't change the fact that other, more skilled, wizards are out there.
    The reason he can spam those genie skills wizards need is because... have you seen his 91+ LP genie? Have you seen how stacked it is?
    Now, the reason he can kite and sit there long enough to debuff is because he can tank the hits, as opposed to other wizards who are always 1-2 hits.
    In other words.. his gear gives him the survivability to actually take hits and stay out there doing what a wizard does. I hit proski and all those other wizards out there for 2.5k - 3k. I hit Cursed for 300-400 and he has loads more HP than them too. If that stat isn't enough to show why other wizards can't stay out there long enough to show they're as good or better than him, I don't know what can.

PS: You're one of the few that have seen Orintaz PK, and those who have will definitely agree with us, I'm sure.

Cursed actually bought the 94 lp genie when it was 85/90 like 1-2 week after pwic for 50m lol, but even so, hes still the wiz ive pvped with/against more than any other wiz on server.

Im also trying to think if I didnt have a cleric, and chose maybe another class, what it could be, most clerics are for buffs/debuffs and sleep... maybe if we had a base cleric buffer id pick a 2nd archer, or proc's veno, or something else. b:worried
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Cursed actually bought the 94 lp genie when it was 85/90 like 1-2 week after pwic for 50m lol, but even so, hes still the wiz ive pvped with/against more than any other wiz on server.

Im also trying to think if I didnt have a cleric, and chose maybe another class, what it could be, most clerics are for buffs/debuffs and sleep... maybe if we had a base cleric buffer id pick a 2nd archer, or proc's veno, or something else. b:worried

Doesn't change the fact that it's an OP genie lol. Fair enough, though.

As for cleric, that's true, if you can get base buffs, it can be replaced. Not to mention clerics are usually prime targets, so they might not last long out there. I doubt another archer would be as good as a veno. If you ask me, the class that benefits least from rank 9 is archers ): Now before somebody comes in here and puts words into my mouth, I never said archers suck >.> I love archers and I think their PvP mechanics are among the best in the game, however, the boost every other class gets from rank 9 is better i think ><
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    yikes, i'll try to shed some contextual accuracy so nobody will infer something absurd from this like that a player's apoth and genie usage deserve more credit for surviving in today's PvP than the 24 jades in their full rank9.

i don't follow the PWIC, but, unlike the qualifiers, if we are considering the actual tournament where they all have full r9 with trillions of coins to shard as they desire to be an indicator for what could be a new even playing field someday (if that many people get the gear), I'll say this: I see zero reason to not mention quit players because the thread is hypothetical, and so those that showcased skill in a more equal setting could undoubtedly do the same in an assumed similar one.

here's the thing though, ratios between equally bad gear (to todays standards, but good back then, like tt90 or tt99) and equally overpowered gear (aka broken r9 items that aren't mitigated or countered as easily on some classes) will still yield different perspectives of balance - so in short... even if full r9 vs full r9 is percieved as balanced, will it ever be as true to the word as what earlier versions of the game were? highly doubt it. if it is it is, but archosaur in all probability won't see that on a large enough scale to reasonably judge the whole server by and so opinions of current r9 players will stayed skewed because you'll never be able to keep what they do now in honest perspective. what's my point? it's a lot easier to judge how those people were when they fought before they got their rank9. yes, that sucks, because people do get better, but that's the reality of it.

someone like cursed is somewhat of an exception to the rule because he re-rolled into a wizard with rank9 waiting for him, and so he had to learn the class for a while. however, even with full r9, but without jades and a minimum +5 weapon, he was above average at best. that's a real wizards break down, slap me or tivas in that gear and you would see the difference between legitimate kiting, positioning, baiting, timing, and calculated risks in large scale pk wars versus someone that has come to rely on their gear and not have had any where near close to the same experience with bad gear against better geared players.

sadly, that's about the best compliment I can give one of the overpowered geared players who didn't play their class in PvP before having that gear. someone like met might be another exception, but in all honestly you simply can NOT know if he would have been able to do the things mininote did in mininote's gear, or darkshade, or ghostz, or, of course, dreamery. dreamery who, while he maybe by definition had "better" gear, also pked a lot before having said gear, and the point is how much better was it versus the gaps created in todays gear? he is still the only sin who would actually utilize their skill set on all classes in real pk wars, and wasn't strapped to just stalking robes all day long. ninja_pleased, blackest, and possessed weren't bad, but not as good.

elecmon and bloodletter somewhat proved themselves on fasttwitch and kiaxn, and to my knowledge also pked on their sins before their r9, but really my opinion on sins is just blah. as far as just being a straight unadulterated factor, met's toon is still better than bloodletters in PK. shrimp claim's hes been pking since 30, and maybe he has, but coming from the person who pked the most on this server over the longest period of time next to ULMOS (excluding the very few recent months of filth at west now people pretend is fun), I only saw shrimp when his ornaments, gear, and weapon were all about a minimum of +6 or +7 during his crazy obsession with buying mirages. judging sins is too whatever to even bother.

as far as archers go, potato is somewhat of a dreamery in this case, but with differences and similarities. the difference: I never saw him pk before 90 without his good gear, which means SO few other people have if he did, and the chances that they are still playing = slim to none. unlike kazamir and zhadi who have popped out since 7x or 8x. zhady rerolled so took a bit to catch up before I saw him, so he was closer to 80 when I did see him. and kazamir since 70, along with yoshi, crunchi, and headline. for all that i've experienced. the similarity with potato and dreamery would be that they both eventually became clingy to apoth, ironguards / sutras respectively (lol narla). not that thats a bad thing, but when you start to rely on it before you come out and as your main reason for staying out, especially when you already have a gear advantage, you won't get the full jist of someone's capabilities. like I said in dreams case I personally just happen to see him before he got to that point. with zhadi, i've seen him be independent of both apoth and a charm, so as someone who's practically only pked that way, and wouldn't be afraid to stand out there without only fighting on their terms (apoth, check, amazing gear, check), I see him as simply just the better archer. right now for current players I would list it like this. TW: mute, this uncanny ability to stay alive. PK: zhadi, then potato. pulse and geogaddi might be pretty alright or 'good,' but definitely not the best.

and rion, despite how you feel, the only reason anyone can legitimately know you are better than what yellowlight was with his gear advantage during his time is because of the times you used to PK before your good gear, starting at silverpool when we would use you as bait for narla

anyway here is my list of who of quit players would be top PK'ers if they continued to play and had full r9:

Barbs:
    Bazarius
    Titanticus
    Solid__
    KaiserNeko

Psychics:
    Nova
    ImAGayFish
    Acuity
    _Spyke_
    MisaMisa
    Pluto

Veno
    Proclivity
    Parenna
    MeatBunz

Sins
    Ghostz
    Dreamery
    DarkShade
    MiniNote

Blademasters
    ULMOS
    Sharp
    FastTwitch
    Kiaxn
    maybe Cable if he started PK'ing and didnt only tw

Cleric
    Ieaz
    EpicBunny
    Qlngfu
    GHealz

Archer
    Crunchi
    YoshiBomb
    HeadLine

Wizard
    Tivas
    LOLRaped
    maybe LvBu

as far as a dream team, like I said it's composition would have to rest differently due to the fact that r9 so obviously benefits particular classes over others more than tt90 or tt99 ever did. i'd probably do 3 psychics, 1 veno, and 2 clerics believe it or not. or something incorporating a sin for the disables. with full gear though, bm buff's value is obsolete, and the hp from barb buff is good but not better than a second sleep, which is priceless in a 6v6. and there is absolutely no reason to take a wizard or an archer over a 2nd or 3rd psychic, sadly. physical damage? .. meh, the source of damage doesn't even matter in this type of bout with this type of gear, which is why I will forever say 7x pk or early 90s was the most balanced part of this game in regards to PvP. sins couldnt 1 shot and had to make use of their disables, bm's had to stun lock, barbs could actually tank, psychics rightfully didnt hit as hard as wizards but offered their own unique advantage, wizards could tank long enough to influence the fights, archers had to kite instead of herp derp demon stunning arrow/quick shot/auto attack near-insta kill 98% of the server in a few seconds, clerics had to plume shell themselves for a change and make use of their sleep, etc. etc.
  • AgentPotato - Archosaur
    AgentPotato - Archosaur Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Normally I don't post in threads like this because pvp reputations tend to be touchy subjects, and people's picks for who they think is the best is hugely subjective and primarily dependent on who they pk most with.

I will say in defense of Cursed, that no one seems to mention his bm from before he rerolled. I was always impressed with his pvp skills, and his ability to improve. Its hard to watch the pwic video of immunity vs polo and not be impressed by his performance. I will say it is hard for me to judge a wizards skill simply because I have never, ever had a problem with them in pk, even back when Tivas outgeared me I still killed him easily. And yes he did outgear me for a while. The only wizard I ever had trouble with was Cursed, even when he was +5 wep and +2 gears full jades.

Ulmos was the hardest bm I ever fought. But then, he was a 5 aps bm with great gear for his time, and back when he played, with the average gear refines being around 5 and 6, is the time that bms have the most advantage in pvp, IMO. Anyways I'm sure he'd still be one of the best bms now.

As for zhadi vs myself: my gear has always been better than zhadi's defensively, while he has higher damage since r8. I honestly dont remember when I got my nirvana and he got r8, but I think it was pretty close to the same time. I'm more than happy to give zhadi the title of best pk'er, and I always have been. He is without a doubt more competitive than me and thats all there is to it. Proski, I don't remember my useage of apoth as clearly as you seem to, but my apoth of choice has been Dew of Star for as long as I can remember, and still is. I hardly think that judging someones skill by how readily they stand uncharmed out at west gate is accurate, however. I'm more than happy to stand out uncharmed at west, I just never saw the point of pk'ing without a charm. I'm more than happy to pk without apoth, pots, or a charm, though. I literally just spent the past hour or two pking without a charm vs r9 sins earlier and for the past few months, I've pk'd on Agent without using apoth simply because I was too lazy to make it. If I have it leftover in my inventory from TW I'll probably use it up but otherwise I dont really care. You just have to kite and use your genie a bit more without apoth.

My dream team:

RionHale
    Zhadi
    Myself
    Leaz
    Ulmos
    Proclivity

Proc for magic and purge, Myself and Zhadi for purges and DD, as well as great surviveability (no really, if you know your archer well we have amazing defensive skills). Not to mention how easy it is to take down any class on an archer with such a wide rage of magic and physical attacks. The only exception we have is bms, but those generally go out last in group pk anyways, and the entire squad ganks them to death. Leaz has always been best cleric I knew, without contest. He literally made his cleric to pk. Proclivity kinda speaks for himself and RionHale as well as always been the best barb I knew in pk. Yellowlight never compared, haha.

I contemplated replacing an archer with a wizard, but honestly, I think archers can harass more effectively, kite just as well, and have that nasty possibility of a purge staring you in the face the entire time they're alive, and all the while having better natural defenses and antistuns than a wizard, AND to top it all off, a ranged amp that last for 30 seconds.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    you using ironguards with great gear while demon spark spanking people does not make you less of a player for it than zhadi by itself, just as my opinion doesn't define how good cursed may actually be, but the point is that for other people to honestly know who of the good players really is best, you need as many looks as you can get from that player besides how good/great they were/are with an advantage. without shared repeating factors and over a respectable amount of time, these threads as we all agree are hard to take seriously. anyway archer is a phenomenal PK class, they have the mechanics to win such a larger % of the fights over the other ranged DD's, and when you have better gear? forget about it. but when you are only matched in gear by 1 player of that class (and i don't mean pound for pound refines, its much more complex then that imo unless you are talking about same class vs same class) , of course it's going to sway your opinion. I just feel I hold the least reservation when it comes to giving credit where it's due, as someone that has never out geared the competition to any degree, ever.
    edited August 2011
    you using ironguards with great gear while demon spark spanking people does not make you less of a player for it than zhadi by itself, just as my opinion doesn't define how good cursed may actually be, but the point is that for other people to honestly know who of the good players really is best, you need as many looks as you can get from that player besides how good/great they were/are with an advantage. without shared repeating factors and over a respectable amount of time, these threads as we all agree are hard to take seriously. anyway archer is a phenomenal PK class, they have the mechanics to win such a larger % of the fights over the other ranged DD's, and when you have better gear? forget about it. but when you are only matched in gear by 1 player of that class (and i don't mean pound for pound refines, its much more complex then that imo unless you are talking about same class vs same class) , of course it's going to sway your opinion. I just feel I hold the least reservation when it comes to giving credit where it's due, as someone that has never out geared the competition to any degree, ever.

I don't like all this disagreement, can we just agree to agree? b:puzzled
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    i only agree with people that were in elusive or an elusive byproduct b:kissb:mischievous
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    lol. the conversations were going so smoothly >.>
  • Claciusvile - Archosaur
    Claciusvile - Archosaur Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    oooOOOooooo o.o

I'll think of some sort of dream team doo dah later on...after work most likely...if I remember
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Can I changed cursed to this guy?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaihIk5cZKw

b:avoid

jkjk<3ustilljason XD

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • BigFIuffy - Archosaur
    BigFIuffy - Archosaur Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Dream Team.

BigFluffy/ Proski- Solo Mid/ Solo Top- whichever one of us is playing bruiser top, other mid.

Aratainia Ad Carry-Bot lane

Ionide Support- Bot Lane

Make Metridium learn how to play jungle yi and we win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teddy_Tiger - Archosaur
    Teddy_Tiger - Archosaur Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    cool thread
    Leader/co-founder of TELETUBIE
    make many haters want to qqb:cry
    edited August 2011
    cool thread

cool post
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    cool post

cool troll
  • Scaatto - Archosaur
    Scaatto - Archosaur Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Dream Team:

Scaatto - my alts
    edited August 2011
    cool troll

ur cool
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    ur cool

quite the contrary, bro.
    in fact... im quite hot..... for you b:cuteb:dirty
  • Martin - Harshlands
    Martin - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    6. Proclivity. Debuff opponents, Purge them, and sick your nix on them to be annoying as hell. Venos are a MUST. They can be DDs, but they truly play their role when they use their fox skills to maximize potential. Proclivity is the only veno I remember on this server that did just that. All others seemed to think that Bramble Hood, Lucky Scarab, Ironwood Scarab and Nix bleed would always win a game. Take some lessons from Proc.

O zhadi, I truly wish I was one of the many people like proc who obsess over taking screenshots of every moment of my daily PWI life. This way I could show you just how well the veno you speak of is the opposite of what you say. Ofcourse this is my opinion based on how many times he has attempted to kill me on 1v1 world pvp. He does try to coordinate in group pvp(we were on the same team so I know) which is rare. His name pops up everywhere, but I guess there really is not much going on with veno pvp.

Everytime I check the forums, after whatever veno name is listed for the "best" it either followed by "only rank 9" or "only veno I see pvp."

Everything in these are biased even when people try not to be. It's not their fault because people try to come up with a conclusion without having access to all of the data. They only have portions which sometimes overlap with another persons or doesnt. Anyways I do enjoy reading some of these, brings back old names like YoshiBomb that I enjoyed killing with.

Here is my dream team:
    BearClaw
    *insert 5 lvl 1 alts here*

I think we can all agree on my dream team.
    PvE = F2P PvP = P2P
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Other sins just wished they were as pro as me.

b:cool

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    O zhadi, I truly wish I was one of the many people like proc who obsess over taking screenshots of every moment of my daily PWI life. This way I could show you just how well the veno you speak of is the opposite of what you say. Ofcourse this is my opinion based on how many times he has attempted to kill me on 1v1 world pvp. He does try to coordinate in group pvp(we were on the same team so I know) which is rare. His name pops up everywhere, but I guess there really is not much going on with veno pvp.

Everytime I check the forums, after whatever veno name is listed for the "best" it either followed by "only rank 9" or "only veno I see pvp."

Everything in these are biased even when people try not to be. It's not their fault because people try to come up with a conclusion without having access to all of the data. They only have portions which sometimes overlap with another persons or doesnt. Anyways I do enjoy reading some of these, brings back old names like YoshiBomb that I enjoyed killing with.

Here is my dream team:
    BearClaw
    *insert 5 lvl 1 alts here*

I think we can all agree on my dream team.

he just wanted to spark discussion, which is certainly better than nothing, but I kind of agree. not so much that any of the players mentioned weren't good, but that its simply too hard to know who is best because biasm will always prevail.

personally, ill always say more kudos to those that pked before getting what they wanted than simply just who is "best.' because for one, what does it even mean to be the best on an mmorpg, like really, and two, being the 'best' means that... in all probability, you have to try hard stay the best, and uh.. well, that's pretty much admission that you care about how you look to a bunch of random as$ geeks on the internet.

granted there are some that are just really good without even hardly having to have to try, because i'm sure a few of us play other genres of games that are actually competitive, but to the majority of the rank9s that pk, they only do so when during their best showing (r9 check, g11 shards in every socket, check, ocean orbs that you shower every piece of equipment on your body from head down to toe with, check).

man, I just can't help but feel sorry for them. because to me, even if i literally have been phased out of pk over time because I stopped improving my gear in the face of those same stingy toolbags that are about as careful as who they let come to west as they are about what funds they permit themselves to use for anything other than refines (you know like .. food), I can honestly say I enjoyed the pk on our server for a long time going out there unprepared, but going out there nonetheless. every now and then i'll take a peek at west just to make sure theres nothing good going on, and, to no surprise, there lay 10 rank9s from 4 different factions holding alliances with one another. as I fly back to afk or get ready to log off I just laugh knowing anything they ever do won't hold a candle to the moments we had coming in airbourne on narla like some b-52s for example, haha ;p
  • SaphirHealer - Archosaur
    SaphirHealer - Archosaur Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Other sins just wished they were as pro as me.

ahahahaha its not nice to troll :(

mine would be

Cursed-Wiz
    SK-BM
    Panzer-Barb
    Old Mango? o.0(not this lexi bullcrap) or aurilious or w.e his name was-Cleric
    Wagya?-veno
    last spot would be Aquazor or Madness...for a psy
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    edited August 2011

mine would be

Cursed-Wiz
    SK-BM
    Panzer-Barb
    Wagya?-veno

lmao.

Cursed: he's good. I don't agree to him being the best, but I agree he's not a bad player.
    SK: All gear.
    Pannzer: All gear.
    Auerlius: All gear.
    Wagya: No good.
    Madness: All gear.

b:laugh
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2011

lol :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Martin - Harshlands
    Martin - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    he just wanted to spark discussion, which is certainly better than nothing, but I kind of agree. not so much that any of the players mentioned weren't good, but that its simply too hard to know who is best because biasm will always prevail.

personally, ill always say more kudos to those that pked before getting what they wanted than simply just who is "best.' because for one, what does it even mean to be the best on an mmorpg, like really, and two, being the 'best' means that... in all probability, you have to try hard stay the best, and uh.. well, that's pretty much admission that you care about how you look to a bunch of random as$ geeks on the internet.

granted there are some that are just really good without even hardly having to have to try, because i'm sure a few of us play other genres of games that are actually competitive, but to the majority of the rank9s that pk, they only do so when during their best showing (r9 check, g11 shards in every socket, check, ocean orbs that you shower every piece of equipment on your body from head down to toe with, check).

man, I just can't help but feel sorry for them. because to me, even if i literally have been phased out of pk over time because I stopped improving my gear in the face of those same stingy toolbags that are about as careful as who they let come to west as they are about what funds they permit themselves to use for anything other than refines (you know like .. food), I can honestly say I enjoyed the pk on our server for a long time going out there unprepared, but going out there nonetheless. every now and then i'll take a peek at west just to make sure theres nothing good going on, and, to no surprise, there lay 10 rank9s from 4 different factions holding alliances with one another. as I fly back to afk or get ready to log off I just laugh knowing anything they ever do won't hold a candle to the moments we had coming in airbourne on narla like some b-52s for example, haha ;p

Yea, some discussion is better than none. I gotta admit though, I agree with the thought of early pker's having an edge. But when I say pker's I don't mean facerolling low levels on my friends cleric with metal skills. I mean dealing with better geared and higher levels *cough* ulmos on this said cleric. I honestly did not pk for a while on my veno because I was too lazy to train a flying pet(no nix at the time) and my gear was beyond ****.

I was mostly logging in on this said cleric and slapping on so many hours from 1/2 shot crit kills. This is when I learned just how deadly a cleric can be in group/solo pvp. This learning process I believe DOES give an edge. Again, my opinion.

As for all of the rank 9's with amazing refines/shards go, if they are satisfied with the results of their investments, then so be it. It's not their fault for having access to a game where reaching 101 is NOT an achievement and having essentially your full set of gear waiting at 101 (excluding helm/cape/tome/neck) which can simply be purchased like the rest of your gear. PWI is not PWI anymore, it makes me sad but I have accepted it.

People say this game is dieing, I doubt it. But I personally believe it might begin to. Though who knows, these guys have some pro marketing skills. People point out their tactics and tricks and then fall for it themselves. Kudos to PWI.

I think our idiotic senators could learn a few things from PWI's marketing team.
    PvE = F2P PvP = P2P
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited August 2011

mine would be

Cursed-Wiz
    SK-BM
    Panzer-Barb
    Wagya?-veno

But I was killing R8 sins all day.b:dirty

Unrefined R8 is fun to fight, js. Awesome and fun challenge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Orintaz - Archosaur
    Orintaz - Archosaur Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    pve carebear on the list, go me. ^__^