Lunar Glade - Best way to farm for gold weapon mats

Options
Moon_Hammer - Heavens Tear
Moon_Hammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
I am looking at farming the Lunar Glade Dragonhunt Axes an believe i need the following:
- Drakehunt: souledge
- 4x Empires Back Image (TT99 gold)
- 2x Chromatic tinder
- Ancient Tinder
- 25x Essence of Nature
I am just wondering how i am best to farm/buy these and what other have done. Thanks for any help you can provide
Rawr!! Pure vit barb FTW!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Silvy for the awesome siggy!! Your a babe!
Post edited by Moon_Hammer - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If youre planning to buy these mats, then I would suggest buying the Lunar Glade Insignia Weapon which would probably work out cheaper.

I believe the tinders can be got by spending 3 mil to open a squad mode instance and doing it with friends.

TT99 mats can be farmed...obviously doing TT3-2s. If you chip, each piece would cost you around 500 chips and 10.5 mils in coins (You might as well buy the Insignia).

Drakehunt:Souledge -> You would probably acquire the essences and crystals to make this while farming your tinders

Essence of Nature -> Time to go mining the mats.

The easiest option would be to simply buy the Lunar Glade Insignia weapon
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The easiest option would be to simply buy the Lunar Glade Insignia weapon

Fuzzy doesn't believe this for a single second.

Farming during the past 2 weeks, for a total cost of 3.5m Fuzzy farmed a Lamp of Souls for his seeker. It takes the exact same mats. 3.5m farming cost is far less than 45+m for insignia. Fuzzy admits, it was considerably cheaper to do so during the 2x event due to the drops inside Lunar MP mode, but there is no way it cheaper to simply roll over and buy the insignia if you are willing to do a little work. (Outside of 2x Fuzzy has also farmed 2 Heaven Shatterer's and 2 pairs of Deicides)

The Ancient tinder that is required is an easy one to obtain. Simply find a squad of friends going into Lunar to complete their Hauntry Queen bh. After killing Hauntry, move on to the next valley and take down Primal Fear. More often than not this will yield an Ancient Tinder for you. If you run the instance with faction or friends, to them the Tinder will be useless. Let them know you are working on your axes and they should let you have the tinder for free. (At least that's how Fuzzy and company roll together. Need before greed)

For the Chromatic Tinders, you should be able to acquire them in 4 or 5 MP mode runs. Drake is the easiest boss to kill in Lunar and to a decently geared squad he shouldn't even present a challenge.

Between a few bh's and the small handful of runs to Drake you do you will be able to amass enough essences along the way to complete the essence crystal needed for the 1st stage weapon. It only takes 5 of each. If you are splitting the entrance fee to MP mode, ask your squad if you can trade around the different essences till you have 5 of each.

Assuming AT WORST you need to fork up the entire 3m opening fee alone each and every time you want to attempt getting a Tinder it should take no more than 5 or 6 runs to get the 3 you seek. That puts your total cost at around 18m. It would however also leave you with more essences than required for essence crystal, so shove the rest back into the AH to offset the opening expense.

You are going to also require 5 fragment crystals and 1 transparent crystal, along with the 1 essence to make the Drakehunt axes to decompose for the souledge. This can be quite easily farmed for free through solo mode Lunar. The runs don't take long and the mats needed drop like candy. Grab a friend when you are bored, go run 5 or 6 solo runs and these will be complete before you know it.

This leaves the 4 Back Image required. Yet another mat that can be farmed completely for free. Again, just as when trying to run for your tinders, round up 5 friends or faction mats and get going in 2-3. Emperor isn't difficult at all these days considering the "average" level of gear and dps out there. It may take farming 2-3 outside of double drops for a week or so to get all 4 of the EBI's, but again, it can be done for free.

Last but not least you need the essence of nature to complete the weapon. This is easier done than said. Spend an hour or two farming in heaven or hell and you can make all the essence's and then some.

Lunar Weapon Insignia = 45+m

5 or 6 MP Lunar Runs = 15-18m, rest of the mats can be farmed for free.

Do the math. Simply buying an insignia is far more expensive that doing the actual work required to get your hands on any of the 2nd stage Lunar weapons.

Sadly, as this panda sees it, people are too *colourful adjective* these days to put in the time and effort to farm their gear. They prefer to propagate the myth's that is simply cheaper to buy the pack item. Well, in the case of Lunar weapon, it isn't cheaper. It may just be easier. Fuzzy for one however enjoys actually playing the game to achieve his weapons and armour.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    @fuzzy

I agree with the farming option. However there is no way to say how easy or difficult the farming would actually be without knowing what kind of gear the OP currently possesses and to what sort of friends/faction mates he/she has. If you have some hardcore group of players willing to do this on your behalf...I agree its rather easy. |If you have friends who are more on the casual side...it gets harder to farm these instances.

However, if youre planning to simply buy/chip the mats, its cheaper to simply buy the insignia.

Maybe I worded the last sentence a little incorrectly, but it still applies in certain circumstances.
  • Moon_Hammer - Heavens Tear
    Moon_Hammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Fuzzy for one however enjoys actually playing the game to achieve his weapons and armour.

Woot agree fuzzy, farming is so much more rewarding when you finally finish=D Thanks for the guide in how to farm each mat. Faction shuld be happy to help with few Lunar runs. b:laugh
    Rawr!! Pure vit barb FTW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the awesome siggy!! Your a babe!
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I dont agree with Fuzzy at all lol. The total cost for a Lunar weapon if you farm it is way higher than a Lunar Insignia, its around 90-100 mil for all mats, depending on server.

It does NOT matter that you only spend a few mil to open Lunar/Subs/Charm you still wasted valuable mats worth around 100 mil to craft an average weapon thats only worth 45-55 mil. Its not very smart, its actually madness financially. Might as well go drop 50 mil in Archo west and make some newb happy lol.

I had enough Lunar/TT mats to craft any Lunar weapon of choice several times. Even tho my BM needed CV claws i choose not to waste the mats. Instead i sold all mats and made around 100 mil, bought a Lunar Insignia for 50 mil and used the rest of the coins to refine and get shards for my claws.

People normally re-sell their old Dragonhunt Axes for way less than the actual Insignia to. So you would waste 100 mil worth of mats on something that normally sells for less than 40 mil.
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Farming during the past 2 weeks, for a total cost of 3.5m Fuzzy farmed a Lamp of Souls for his seeker. It takes the exact same mats. 3.5m farming cost is far less than 45+m for insignia. Fuzzy admits, it was considerably cheaper to do so during the 2x event due to the drops inside Lunar MP mode, but there is no way it cheaper to simply roll over and buy the insignia if you are willing to do a little work. (Outside of 2x Fuzzy has also farmed 2 Heaven Shatterer's and 2 pairs of Deicides)

The Ancient tinder that is required is an easy one to obtain. Simply find a squad of friends going into Lunar to complete their Hauntry Queen bh. After killing Hauntry, move on to the next valley and take down Primal Fear. More often than not this will yield an Ancient Tinder for you. If you run the instance with faction or friends, to them the Tinder will be useless. Let them know you are working on your axes and they should let you have the tinder for free. (At least that's how Fuzzy and company roll together. Need before greed)

For the Chromatic Tinders, you should be able to acquire them in 4 or 5 MP mode runs. Drake is the easiest boss to kill in Lunar and to a decently geared squad he shouldn't even present a challenge.

Between a few bh's and the small handful of runs to Drake you do you will be able to amass enough essences along the way to complete the essence crystal needed for the 1st stage weapon. It only takes 5 of each. If you are splitting the entrance fee to MP mode, ask your squad if you can trade around the different essences till you have 5 of each.

Assuming AT WORST you need to fork up the entire 3m opening fee alone each and every time you want to attempt getting a Tinder it should take no more than 5 or 6 runs to get the 3 you seek. That puts your total cost at around 18m. It would however also leave you with more essences than required for essence crystal, so shove the rest back into the AH to offset the opening expense.

You are going to also require 5 fragment crystals and 1 transparent crystal, along with the 1 essence to make the Drakehunt axes to decompose for the souledge. This can be quite easily farmed for free through solo mode Lunar. The runs don't take long and the mats needed drop like candy. Grab a friend when you are bored, go run 5 or 6 solo runs and these will be complete before you know it.

This leaves the 4 Back Image required. Yet another mat that can be farmed completely for free. Again, just as when trying to run for your tinders, round up 5 friends or faction mats and get going in 2-3. Emperor isn't difficult at all these days considering the "average" level of gear and dps out there. It may take farming 2-3 outside of double drops for a week or so to get all 4 of the EBI's, but again, it can be done for free.

Last but not least you need the essence of nature to complete the weapon. This is easier done than said. Spend an hour or two farming in heaven or hell and you can make all the essence's and then some.

Do the math. Simply buying an insignia is far more expensive that doing the actual work required to get your hands on any of the 2nd stage Lunar weapons.

Sadly, as this panda sees it, people are too *colourful adjective* these days to put in the time and effort to farm their gear. They prefer to propagate the myth's that is simply cheaper to buy the pack item. Well, in the case of Lunar weapon, it isn't cheaper. It may just be easier. Fuzzy for one however enjoys actually playing the game to achieve his weapons and armour.

you're smart. you farmed 90mil worth of mats to make a weapon worth 40-50mil instead of selling the mats for 90mil and buying the weapon and have 40mil left over.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • JSXSunny - Sanctuary
    JSXSunny - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    you're smart. you farmed 90mil worth of mats to make a weapon worth 40-50mil instead of selling the mats for 90mil and buying the weapon and have 40mil left over.

Yeah I agree on this one too xD Guess some ppl are just to blind to see the connections between farming and merchanting. It doesn't matter if you farm or buy that stuff...that doesn't change the fact that those mats are worth something and that you lose about 40m "farming" a Lunar-Weapon...and the funniest thing is...you don't waste only your own money, you waste the money of the squad-mates, that were stupid enough to help you^^ yup go farm Lunar. And a MOD that doesn't know anything about the game (so it seems) and talks **** about things he don't know anything about. GREAT PWE! Your Stuff is nice =P missguiding ppl^^ but meh, nvm it's just as always b:angry
  • SlientSin - Sanctuary
    SlientSin - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok everyone Complaing towards fuzzy you all are too busy thinking about SELLING the weapon you made Moon asked opinion to Farm/Buy the Gear you all told him to just buy the insignia Fuzzy gave a farm guide Don't QQ towards Fuzzy's guide because its a good one to me then again I only need help getting Tinders (since I can stealth to bosses.)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    (since I can stealth to bosses.)

There's a kill count in squad mode. You can't just stealth to the bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

please stay with the moderator part of the job and don't give financial suicide advices to ppl.
    It's nice to farm the stuff you want.
    It's not nice to *obscene verb* up ppl that don't know/don't understand the game economy especially when you're doing it from a moderator position.
    Stick on what you do best: censorship and closing topics/necros.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Fuzzy.. not everyone has friends willing to let them have gold mats for free, even if they are just Lunar mats. The Images alone will be 40m. The Lunar gold mats will, actually to be honest I can't recall the price of gold lunar mats but more than likely that'd add up to be at least another 5-10m, but probably more. :)

Then you throw in the cost of actually opening Lunar squad modes to get the gold mats. All in all it's just easier and less expensive in most cases to buy the insignia or weapon you're after. I'd much rather pay 40-45m to get the insignia up front than waste all that time to most likely end up paying more and spending way more time than needed.

That's just me though... I mean hey, if you have friends that'll help you out every day, then sure.. do what makes you happy. I'll stick with farming TT/merchanting for money and just buy the insignia thank you very much. :P

EDIT: I edited to edit so I can say that I edited because I'm bored :D

EDIT EDIT: I remembered why I wanted to edit.

Silent, even if you weren't gonna sell the weapon you farmed... actually, wait, easier way to explain.

Would You:

1) Farm mats to make a weapon without refines or shards?
    2) Farm the exact same mats, however, instead of making a weapon you sell the mats and buy the insignia to make the weapon then have over 30m left to spend on refines and shards?

What? Number two? Yeah I thought so.
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I actually agree with fuzzy if and only if you are actually playing this game for fun and want the experience of actually playing. No reason to hurrty towards every goal so single minded that you forget to have fun on the way.
    I also agree that after its all farmed up you should sell the individual parts an buy an already made one.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Trying to get 4APS without cash shopping on the new server is a pain :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    so, farm mats then sell mats and buy insignia to make weapon plus have more for refines? how quickly can you sell those mats off though? the only problem i have with the counterQQ raised against fuzzy's advice is that it requires a market and decent demand. i know many of those mats can be used to make lunar armor pieces, but most ppl on my server dont bother and just do tt-vana pants and wrists etc.... fuzzy's advice relies less on market demand and more on actually having "real game-friends" to help you which i find more enjoyable than mindless merching.

for the record, i have helped many of my close friends(and even some factions members) farm mats. on those runs if a gold mat is what they need and they have been helpful to me they can have it for free. a split on a gold mat for a friend is not worth more than a friend that will help you farm your own gear when you really need it.
  • Inclinations - Heavens Tear
    Inclinations - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What I dont grasp the concept of, is how are people going to charge more for the mats to craft the item than the item itself is worth. You all are trying to say its financial suicide to farm the mats ect... ect... but if you are all so economically savvy, then you should understand an item is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. The people that are willing to pay for the mats normally do so because they are too lazy to farm for it. But that in turn just means the game is only going to be enjoyable at higher levels if you are willing to shell out a ton of RL money and just buy the gear. WHAT THE **** IS THE POINT OF PLAYING THEN? people in this game frustrate me so bad especially with all the power leveling noobs and such. The people that are willing to spend 100 mill on mats to make a weapon worth 50 mill are the same people that make a class they've never played before, power level it and buy it all the best gear for their level tier and when it comes time for them to lay down some skill in the heat of battle, they're reading the skill descriptions. How about you actually PLAY the game?

Read Fuzzy's guide on how to farm mats
    Stop spoon-feeding the noobs to get them a high level character just so they feel special
    And play the game the way its supposed to be intended
    In turn... they economy for the game will go back to normal, and you wont have to spend over 1mill coin for 1 piece of gold. I'm tired of the fact that the game is turning into "unless you put your whole paycheck into the game, you wont get squads cuz people think ur noob since you dont have full R9 +12 ect ect"
    b:angry
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What I dont grasp the concept of, is how are people going to charge more for the mats to craft the item than the item itself is worth. You all are trying to say its financial suicide to farm the mats ect... ect... but if you are all so economically savvy, then you should understand an item is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. The people that are willing to pay for the mats normally do so because they are too lazy to farm for it. But that in turn just means the game is only going to be enjoyable at higher levels if you are willing to shell out a ton of RL money and just buy the gear. WHAT THE **** IS THE POINT OF PLAYING THEN? people in this game frustrate me so bad especially with all the power leveling noobs and such. The people that are willing to spend 100 mill on mats to make a weapon worth 50 mill are the same people that make a class they've never played before, power level it and buy it all the best gear for their level tier and when it comes time for them to lay down some skill in the heat of battle, they're reading the skill descriptions. How about you actually PLAY the game?

Read Fuzzy's guide on how to farm mats
    Stop spoon-feeding the noobs to get them a high level character just so they feel special
    And play the game the way its supposed to be intended
    In turn... they economy for the game will go back to normal, and you wont have to spend over 1mill coin for 1 piece of gold. I'm tired of the fact that the game is turning into "unless you put your whole paycheck into the game, you wont get squads cuz people think ur noob since you dont have full R9 +12 ect ect"
    b:angry

I've PLAYED the game for three years now, I've watched it change and evolve and not always for the better. I've watched the economy get screwed up time and time again, and I've watched as new players level up without learning how to use their class. The economy is and always will be screwed up, it's just too far gone to save now. There's not much room to "play as it's intended" unless you mean "play with hypers to power level and open packs for gear". Which, is probably how you're intended to play now, what with constant pack and rep sales.
  • Inclinations - Heavens Tear
    Inclinations - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    eh i guess you're right, but when i say play as intended i mean to farm and actually work for your gear. It used to be an accomplishment to have full TTgear or even have a lvl 100+, but not with all the power leveling you can get a level 1 to 90 in a little over an hour with goon boss. It can be nice if you got a character to a high level from hard work and got banned for something stupid (like having the name CondmCrusadr... stupid gms...) and just want to start the toon over and get it to where you left off, but other than that theres no reason people should be power leveling as much... but i guess i'll get off topic if I continue blabbering about that lol
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    eh i guess you're right, but when i say play as intended i mean to farm and actually work for your gear. It used to be an accomplishment to have full TTgear or even have a lvl 100+, but not with all the power leveling you can get a level 1 to 90 in a little over an hour with goon boss. It can be nice if you got a character to a high level from hard work and got banned for something stupid (like having the name CondmCrusadr... stupid gms...) and just want to start the toon over and get it to where you left off, but other than that theres no reason people should be power leveling as much... but i guess i'll get off topic if I continue blabbering about that lol

Yeah I miss those days, I felt so badass when I got my TT60 weapon, and I felt like I was a king when I got my TT90 set and weapon haha, oh well though. The game's changed, not much to do but go along with it b:surrender
  • charminultrasoft
    charminultrasoft Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hi, I want to try to farm lunar when I am higher, but...

What is MP Mode? Same thing as trophy mode? b:puzzled

Also, does it take a full squad to open lunar trophy mode? Or can u open with 2 ppl like squad mode?

Thanks for your help!
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hi, I want to try to farm lunar when I am higher, but...

What is MP Mode? Same thing as trophy mode? b:puzzled

Also, does it take a full squad to open lunar trophy mode? Or can u open with 2 ppl like squad mode?

Thanks for your help!

Humorom MP Mode is the equivalent to a Twilight temple Squade Mode run. Both Instances TT and Lunar work basically the same you have to spend ultmate substances for TT or essence of nature for Lunar in the beginning to open the instance. The huge difference is that Lunar MP Mode also requires a coin fee of 3.000.000 coins. This has to be seen under the light of lunar weapons > TT weapons statwise + when you go for a lvl 100 lunar weaon you can go with 1 recast to 3rd lvl nirvana. On the other hand it is easier to get to first or 2nd recast with a TT weapon as basis. Unfortunately lunar as instance has lost a lot of its appeal to players because item drop rates are really low considering the 3mil coin fee.

@fuzzy the 3.5mil cost for the mats cant be true not even in double drop because 1 run = 3mil so either you had some friends who did the run with you and distributed their share for free to you while still paying for the entrance fee or you forgot to calculate the costs for doing the run. I mean even if you only calculate a normal share of fee 3mil/6 = 500k/run 3.5mil = 7 runs to get all of the mats.

greetz harm0wnie
  • ChidoriAkuma - Heavens Tear
    ChidoriAkuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    @fuzzy

I agree with the farming option. However there is no way to say how easy or difficult the farming would actually be without knowing what kind of gear the OP currently possesses and to what sort of friends/faction mates he/she has. If you have some hardcore group of players willing to do this on your behalf...I agree its rather easy. |If you have friends who are more on the casual side...it gets harder to farm these instances.

However, if youre planning to simply buy/chip the mats, its cheaper to simply buy the insignia.

Maybe I worded the last sentence a little incorrectly, but it still applies in certain circumstances.

Yeah, i had the same issue when i tried to make my tt80 gear back with my archer, most friends and guildmates were like "I dont do TT" cause most peop just want to lvl fast and buy the gear from som1 else, although some of us who would like the cheap way can be hard, since the people who do this farming runs already got theyr people. In the end i had to farm herbs 4-5hrs a day to get it, and clean my alts money o.e

and yes if you got the same circumstances that most people have (no mat instance runing friends/guildies) choosing the easy way (LGIW) is cheaper then buying the mats from other people