high resolution map support

Dark_Moon_ - Raging Tide
Dark_Moon_ - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Support Desk
Okay honestly when is Perfect World going to fix the smallest most crucial error as far as I'm concerned. High screen monitors are so common now, almost every gamer has one. Yet were all forced to play the best game that Perfect World has to offer on a bad resolution 1280x1024. I stopped playing perfect world for almost 6 months simply because of this problem and I come back and its not fixed.

FIX THE MAP PROBLEM... Its probably such a simple fix too. I know how to program and i can only imagine how simple it must be to stop the map from stretching stretching if the map height has stretched beyond the monitor height.. instead you guys set it to match the monitor width which was just a simply stupid idea from the start.

FIX IT!!! I want to experience PWI in high definition.
Post edited by Dark_Moon_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Dark_Moon_ - Raging Tide
    Dark_Moon_ - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Also can everyone please leave a comment below letting the Perfect World mods know that we want high definition support when it comes to the map this way they may actually take note that were making some noise about it and will fix it?
  • Laureh - Harshlands
    Laureh - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I can't view the top and bottom edges of the map. I'ts very difficult to even teleport to far north and south places - I have to click around off the edge till it goes. There's got to be some fix for this!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2011
    The game engine was created before we had multi-core processors or widescreen monitors.

And since the original group of Dev's got fired and the new ones are obviously not familiar with the source code, it's not going to change.

Just swap to a 4:3 resolution to see the map. Also make sure that you don't have the widescreen option in the game settings checked.

Lastly, there's already a thread on this. and it's not the first.

Edit: Meh, after posting I noticed that Laureh necroed the thread. check the link, or look at the active threads in tech support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hellies - Harshlands
    Hellies - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The launcher has a very limited list of available resolutions (up to 1280x1024) but once you run the game you can go to system settings, system tab and from there select the resolution you want.

I usually play at 1400x1050 SXGA+ resolution and it works great. I also never experienced any annoying map issues.
  • jandraelune
    jandraelune Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    =.= Ugh the game wont even launch in any resolution higher then 1024x768, just crashes to desktop if you try setting higher from the client. Yeah really, if your going to put options to use higher resolutions int he client at least give support to use them.
  • Yin - Momaganon
    Yin - Momaganon Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm not at home at the moment so can't check what resolution I'm using but map was on fixed yesterdays update.