Accuracy&Evasion

Options
BKxNL - Archosaur
BKxNL - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Ok I know accuracy and evasion are related, but not exactly how. I know if your accuracy is lower then the opponents evasion, then you are less likely to hit. But does anyone know how much higher you have to be to get hit less then half of the time? Would my evasion have to be more then twice as high? If i had 5000 evasion and the attacker had 3000 accuracy, would they miss or hit more? Anyone? Appreciate any response b:victory
Post edited by BKxNL - Archosaur on

Comments

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ok I know accuracy and evasion are related, but not exactly how. I know if your accuracy is lower then the opponents evasion, then you are less likely to hit. But does anyone know how much higher you have to be to get hit less then half of the time? Would my evasion have to be more then twice as high? If i had 5000 evasion and the attacker had 3000 accuracy, would they miss or hit more? Anyone? Appreciate any response b:victory

I'm serious when I say this, you should post this in the Archer subforum. They're renowned for having some of the best mathematicians of PWI.b:chuckle
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The only class that really needs to worry about accuracy is Barb, because they have none.

Otherwise, evasion is more or less useless.

1) Sharding, gearing, or otherwise getting an item JUST for evasion is a complete waste of that socket, gear slot, or whatever spot that item uses
    2) Due to the massive fail RNG this game uses, the evasion stat is pointless. It's just a number you look at and say 'wow, a number' and move on
    3) Archers get a useless squad buff that gives +evasion and +speed. The +evasion is pointless, and the +speed gets overwritten the first time someone uses holy path or another speed boosting skill other than Summer Spirit.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I remember when I first started everyone thought that sins should be pure evasion because the idea was they weren't tanks and they should try to avoid being hit if you want to live......

Oh, how things have changed. -.-'
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I remember when I first started everyone thought that sins should be pure evasion because the idea was they weren't tanks and they should try to avoid being hit if you want to live......

Heh, yeah... No kidding.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

I hear you there, 'I can tank, i have aps'
    next moment, oh look, a cleric tank -.-'..... fecking annoying in 59, 3 times a day (horay for alts)
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

This is quite an exaggeration. Everyone who didn't start out right at the TB expansion knew that evasion meant jack and **** to magic defence. From the get-go citrines were the main shards, which still stands today, the only difference is endgame people mainly go back and forth between survivability (vit stones/hp/JOSD) to attacks (DOT).

I agree with whoever pointed out barbs, as accuracy has long been an issue of consideration with non-APS barbs who actually care about doing damage and not entirely relying on aggro skills. It's also been a consideration of BM's, especially primary axe build BM's, and HA/AA veno's before lvl 11 fox form.
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This is quite an exaggeration. Everyone who didn't start out right at the TB expansion knew that evasion meant jack and **** to magic defence. From the get-go citrines were the main shards, which still stands today, the only difference is endgame people mainly go back and forth between survivability (vit stones/hp/JOSD) to attacks (DOT).

I used the HP shards when I started as well, but a lot of the guides I read early on praised full evasion as the end game build to shoot for.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
  • BKxNL - Archosaur
    BKxNL - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    But im really considering using all 24 sockets and the ten% evasion boost and what ever i can to max out evasion. Would it be possible to get missed on the majority of the time? Im not gonna use a couple flawless amber..im like high **** incomparable, golden soul gems.
  • StormChimera - Lost City
    StormChimera - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I used the HP shards when I started as well, but a lot of the guides I read early on praised full evasion as the end game build to shoot for.

last year i vsed a full evasion sharded sin, he thought he was pro because of it. lets just say it didn't end well for him
  • StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear
    StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I heard a rumor about a sin that sharded all high evasion. Rumor was you couldn't hit him. Like... everyone missed. Even archers. Idk about the legitimate-ness of the claim but this guy looks like he'd be pretty hard to hit.
    [SIGPIC]Win.[/SIGPIC]
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I heard a rumor about a sin that sharded all high evasion. Rumor was you couldn't hit him. Like... everyone missed. Even archers. Idk about the legitimate-ness of the claim but this guy looks like he'd be pretty hard to hit.

Someone with that much money would pick better shards. -.-' If you can +12 daggers you can +2 def or +10 vit shard.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Options
    But im really considering using all 24 sockets and the ten% evasion boost and what ever i can to max out evasion. Would it be possible to get missed on the majority of the time? Im not gonna use a couple flawless amber..im like high **** incomparable, golden soul gems.

It's a fine build... as long as you intend to only attack physical players/mobs. The only problem with evasion (as has been noted by JanusZeal) is that magic is unable to miss. You could have the evasion capped out, and still the magic would hit you. So while evasion would mean that few physical attack players could connect often, as soon as a wizard or psychic hits you - *SPLAT* - dead fishy.
  • StormChimera - Lost City
    StormChimera - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    It's a fine build... as long as you intend to only attack physical players/mobs. The only problem with evasion (as has been noted by JanusZeal) is that magic is unable to miss. You could have the evasion capped out, and still the magic would hit you. So while evasion would mean that few physical attack players could connect often, as soon as a wizard or psychic hits you - *SPLAT* - dead fishy.

this was the problem with the full evasion sin i versed. he thought he was god of pvp, in his mind melee users wont touch him and he could and i quote "just stealth, spark and 1 shot robes". Didn't work so well for him against my psychic but did earn me a place on his kos
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm trying to find these popular sin guides that had told people to go evasion (by evasion I'm pretty sure that means shards and specific evasion gear).
    edited August 2011
    Options

Or a full evasion build would run into a Barb, and the Barb would just spam Flesh Ream, which won't miss, and voila, you bleed to death.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Or a full evasion build would run into a Barb, and the Barb would just spam Flesh Ream, which won't miss, and voila, you bleed to death.

lolfleshream.

Also Tidal Protection / Focused Mind would happily bounce around the magic issue.

~That said, id never go full evasion, due to thaforementioned Magic Classes. However if I get bored I might +10 an Ashura neck and my Rank Belt for PvP. Youd be surprised how pathetic other Assassins Accuracy really is. Ive had my *** saved 100s of times by a missed headhunt popping them out of stealth :D (Ive also missed at the worst of times Q__Q. Stupid veno was channelling Nova and I missed and got oneshot. D:)
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lolfleshream.

Also Tidal Protection / Focused Mind would happily bounce around the magic issue.

~That said, id never go full evasion, due to thaforementioned Magic Classes. However if I get bored I might +10 an Ashura neck and my Rank Belt for PvP. Youd be surprised how pathetic other Assassins Accuracy really is. Ive had my *** saved 100s of times by a missed headhunt popping them out of stealth :D (Ive also missed at the worst of times Q__Q. Stupid veno was channelling Nova and I missed and got oneshot. D:)

I have a pair of Misty Forest Rings on my Sin. If I start missing, even twice in a row, I switch one out for the FCC gold ring. If I keep missing more than twice in a row again, I switch the other one out for Misty.

I prefer the FCC/Legendary rings I have, higher refines, more +pdef from them. Misty refuses to refine past +2 for me using anything other than mirages. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ...Archer subforum... ...best mathematicians of PWI.b:chuckle

b:angry
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

*patpat*

The chance to dodge or land a hit is inversely proportional to the chance that failing to dodge/land that hit will get you killed.
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Options

You know you're an archer in disguise.b:chuckle
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    There's alot of flaws in this build the main one obviously already being stated that magic never misses.

More so from what I know sins and barbs both have several skills that do not miss. Sins have at least one I can think of Rising Dragon Strike. Barbs have flesh ream, mighty swing, ancestral fury, and demon barbs have stomp of the beast king.

Main point however is that magic does not miss. (a fundamental flaw in this game)
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Taarna - Harshlands
    Taarna - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If i had 5000 evasion and the attacker had 3000 accuracy, would they miss or hit more? Anyone? Appreciate any response b:victory

wit that 5k evasion attacker has 3k accuarcy, be times where they miss alot, but others they dont at all, end story. When a 100 archer is missing there buff i can def tell the differnce. cause i will have nps wit misses at all really, and thats wit 4.2k accuracy. and wit fists against a archer that cna take some hits, get to see alot of chances of misses lol
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah... I was making an assassin purely for the purposes of experimenting with an evasion build, just to see if it would be workable. Then I ran the numbers. They're pretty dismal.

Even with the best possible evasion build I could come up with (in roughly 15 minutes and going no higher than Amber Gem shards, so there may be better evasion builds), I only got a slightly better than 1 in 3 chance at evading my own clone (9515 evasion = ~34.91% chance to evade a level 105 with 4224 accuracy). This is based on the "Evasion / Accuracy" equation in the wiki.

You can't even get anywhere near 50% evasion, let alone 90%.

Needless to say, I've given up on that assassin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    INB4 Asterelle + Quilue and their maths b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Yeah... I was making an assassin purely for the purposes of experimenting with an evasion build, just to see if it would be workable. Then I ran the numbers. They're pretty dismal.

Even with the best possible evasion build I could come up with (in roughly 15 minutes and going no higher than Amber Gem shards, so there may be better evasion builds), I only got a slightly better than 1 in 3 chance at evading my own clone (9515 evasion = ~34.91% chance to evade a level 105 with 4224 accuracy). This is based on the "Evasion / Accuracy" equation in the wiki.

You can't even get anywhere near 50% evasion, let alone 90%.

Needless to say, I've given up on that assassin.

You should try out the TT90 gold magic rings in your evasion build heh.

There are actually 5 problems with the evasion build:

1) Evasion formula degrades in effectiveness at higher levels (against equal accuracy).

2) It's very easy to get lots of accuracy. Most high level phys rings come with +50% accuracy. Barbs have a skill that gives like +300% accuracy. BMs get more accuracy per dex than any other class.

3) There is a lack of end game evasion gear. Cube necks only come as phys and mag. Same with warsong belt and jungle belt. The R9 belt gives 700 pdef, 700 mres, but no 700 evasion. There are no rings that can refine for evasion (only neck and belt). The best evasion gear in the game is the TT90 gold magic ring.. wtf?

4) There is only one evasion buff so no evasion buffs are able to stack. Compare to the 3 different buffs for pdef. Archer evasion buff maxes out at 40% while pdef and mres buffs are much stronger.

5) Half the classes ignore evasion. The other half have a handful of skills that will never miss.

The good things for an evasion build:

1) There are 24 slots you can shard for evasion but only 2 slots you can shard for accuracy.

2) Makes it harder for phys classes to stun lock if their stuns are missing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    http://www.pwcalc.com/e91cd991ec3ffe60

thats pretty nice evasion o.o

(ignore all the +12, tis for fun)
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased