Last Hope (perhaps literally?)

Scathed - Harshlands
Scathed - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Okay, I am seeking the sage (or demon ha ha) advice of other players.

Along my path to completing the Chrono Quests I have become stuck. I currently have the "Last Hope" quest in my quest log. I have completed both bosses (TT 1-1 & TT 1-2) and have both required items in my quest bag (Spirit of the Ancient Boa, and Thunderous Command).

No link has shown up in quest log for NPC to resolve the quest. Quest log shows that I have obtained required items. When I speak to the NPC that SHOULD be in the quest (Sage Lu then Sage of Light) I get nothing.

I have no idea how to resolve the quest and don't really feel like trashing it and starting over unless all other options have been exhausted.

Ideas?

b:surrender
Post edited by Scathed - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Problems,

Full quest log
    Full inventory.
    Full anything else.

Neither sage has the quest? e.e.

Relog?
    Glitched.

Fox form, true form, frog form from jungle.

uhh thats all i got.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2011
    ^^ +1.

Also, Chrono (though it shows gold) is not the same as culti. Although at 100 I think you need to have access to Chrono areas to do the culti so it gets a bit confusing. But notice how the chrono quests show under "Normal quests" in your log.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ^^ +1.

Also, Chrono (though it shows gold) is not the same as culti. Although at 100 I think you need to have access to Chrono areas to do the culti so it gets a bit confusing. But notice how the chrono quests show under "Normal quests" in your log.

Dont think he mentioned anything about culti... or Uni, or Oht, or VoS, or anything else.
    For 100 culti you need all maps. This is just to open up OHT which is the pre-quest

And for more advice from me, SS it and maybe show a gm... ticket mayyyyyy or may not go through
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ^^ +1.

Notcie how they are partially required to fullfill the culti quests, making the difference in how they are shown irrelevent?

Its like saying knowing how to fill a petrol tank (mapquests) isnt required required to drive a car( Culti). Without filling that tank you will not be driving to your end destination. b:bye
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Without filling that tank you will not be driving to your end destination. b:bye

Get out and push ...
  • Scathed - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Problems,

Full quest log
    Full inventory.
    Full anything else.

Neither sage has the quest? e.e.

Relog?
    Glitched.

Fox form, true form, frog form from jungle.

uhh thats all i got.

Quest log not full
    Inventory not full
    um... chi bar not full? lol

Neither sage has quest.

Relogged.
    Meh?
    Dont think he mentioned anything about culti... or Uni, or Oht, or VoS, or anything else.
    For 100 culti you need all maps. This is just to open up OHT which is the pre-quest

And for more advice from me, SS it and maybe show a gm... ticket mayyyyyy or may not go through

Not sure what you'd want an SS of for more help, but I can easily post one. Submitted a ticket, they said can't help because its game-play related :P
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    This is from our faction forums and part u are relating to :

Mission #8

Kill Vipenalt: Chronol for Spirit of the Ancient Boa
    Note Act I - Chronol (60-65).

You will need to do this in High Boss mode, a Ultimate Substance will be require to activate High Boss mode. Also must be done in Squad mode as it doesn't exist in solo >:3

Kill Lord of Percussion: Dimensic for Thunderous Command
    Note Act I - Dimensic (68-73). This boss is available in both High and Medium mode,

Ultimate Substance will not be require for Medium. Exist in both Squad and Solo mode, but MUST be done in Squad mode.

Now only way I see you don't get next part is either it's bugged for you or you didn't kill correct version on the Snake and Drummer

Talk to Sage Lu (567 673)

Talk to Sage the Light (567 633)

Reward Exp (145690) Spirit (33217) Gold (87400)

Mission #9 Kill

Wicked Bloodeye(546 468) for Chrono Crystal Chip

Unholy Darkclaw (562 473) for Chrono Crystal Fragment

Damned Poisontongue (581 483) for Chrono Crystal Shard

Mission #10

Kill Damned Gaurnob

Kill Cenequus Polearm

Note Both boss are in Wraithgate (Call to Duty 70)

Talk to Messenger of Time (553 655)

Reward Chrono Key

Hope this help.

Note that "most" people do that chain in their 70's. As , past 80 (and past 90) u get a different raged wraith chief (exemple, past 90, u will get the one near sierry wine camp instead) and different parts.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I've had several glitches in chrono quest, though normally it's at the end regarding getting the gold belt (tons of them in the TT phase (Warrior of God, Tsu, etc.). I second submitting a ticket and figuring out wtf is going on. Generally it's something you overlooked, but can't rule out one of the eleventy billion bugs/glitches in the game.
  • Scathed - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Mission #8

Kill Vipenalt: Chronol for Spirit of the Ancient Boa
    Note Act I - Chronol (60-65).

You will need to do this in High Boss mode, a Ultimate Substance will be require to activate High Boss mode. Also must be done in Squad mode as it doesn't exist in solo >:3

Kill Lord of Percussion: Dimensic for Thunderous Command
    Note Act I - Dimensic (68-73). This boss is available in both High and Medium mode,

Ultimate Substance will not be require for Medium. Exist in both Squad and Solo mode, but MUST be done in Squad mode.

Now only way I see you don't get next part is either it's bugged for you or you didn't kill correct version on the Snake and Drummer

Talk to Sage Lu (567 673)

Reward Exp (145690) Spirit (33217) Gold (87400)

I'm pretty sure I defeated both bosses in the correct instance (respectively), and I assume I wouldn't have received the quest items into my quest bag if I hadn't. That being said though I am wondering if I trash the quest and try to start over would it be further whacked since I already have the quest items in my inventory (as far as I know once something is in your quest bag it only disappears when triggered by quest completion?)?

I will say I completed the Vipenalt in my 70's and only got around to the drum dude recently - and uh since I had quit playing for over a year that puts the two completions rather far apart... but dammit that shouldn't matter grr.

b:puzzledb:infuriatedb:shedtear
  • Taarna - Harshlands
    Taarna - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    say trash it and try again, you prolly picked up the quest before you was 90+, which puts you in new lv bracket for the quest, although i thought i did similair thing but maybe i was farther
  • ShellyShe - Sanctuary
    ShellyShe - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011