Cash Shop Haters

2»

Comments

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The game's in-game farming is worth jack **** compared to charging money, and that is the problem. No one should have to farm 10 hours to get 1 hour worth of RL work, because that just discourages playing the game. Farming in-game is considered a waste of time, and that is just sad for any game. It means the game's farming aspects is not worth the time in in-game currency or even in enjoyment for that matter. I know the extremely one-sided exchange encourages charging, and that is what PWI wants, but there should be some more value placed to playing their game too. After all, what are people charging for if not to play their game?

Maybe farming should be made better. They've already made mirage boxes which are nice, why not make it possible to exchange TT mats for DQ points? That way...some of the crappier bosses can be worth going to.

http://imageshack.us/f/193/applauses.gif/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The game's in-game farming is worth jack **** compared to charging money, and that is the problem. No one should have to farm 10 hours to get 1 hour worth of RL work, because that just discourages playing the game. Farming in-game is considered a waste of time, and that is just sad for any game. It means the game's farming aspects is not worth the time in in-game currency or even in enjoyment for that matter. I know the extremely one-sided exchange encourages charging, and that is what PWI wants, but there should be some more value placed to playing their game too. After all, what are people charging for if not to play their game?

Maybe farming should be made better. They've already made mirage boxes which are nice, why not make it possible to exchange TT mats for DQ points? That way...some of the crappier bosses can be worth going to.

You deserve a raise for this post. b:victory
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • sexysausage
    sexysausage Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I could care less about people who cashshop their way to victory. In a way it is sort of unfair, picture an online game that you an cashshop for 1 bullet kill guns, it would be pretty unfair for those that don't spend money on games or can't afford to. But as long the high levels who cashshop their ways can play their damn class (ie: barb tanks when is the only tank, cleric sticks to healing during a tough boss not always DD and throw a heal here and there, venos pull mobs without having to ask them every time....etc) then i dont mind.

Also, i noticed a lot of cashshoppers are kind and still help and assist others who need help. The ones that stay and chat in worldchat all day or do daily duels or pk are useless. I once had to switch 20 factions to get to the correct one i want. One that actually is active, not just active the hour i join. In this game it is all about "do it / help yourself" while the high levels FC and cashshop all day. And some wonder why their faction seems dead or TW sucks (not all) and leave factions and begging for another faction to take them in.

Cashshopping is okay in my book as long as it doesnt make the player mad with power to the point it is no longer an MMORPG and just a single player game b:shutup
  • ShinSein - Harshlands
    ShinSein - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I agree and even embraced this for a surprising amount of time but it is impossible to do because as you said most CSers are idiots and don't give a **** because they can charge whenever they want and are either too naive or stupid to realize this is what breaks the game in the first place.

I even quit for 2-3 months and didn't charge a cent for a good 6months but one person cannot make a difference.

You are right Susama, one person cant make a difference, but if we were to actually act as a whole, a community, maybe they will listen. Cash Shoppers or not, we need to band together to fix this game.
    [SIGPIC]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/ZeroAngel08/Shinsein.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks goes to Dorset!
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

ShinSein - Harshlands (Alt/Main)
    Shinsetsu - Lothranis (French Main)
    +Bring sexy back - Complete b:victory