Improving my Wizard?

Menarin - Dreamweaver
Menarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Wizard
Okay this is my wizard with his current gear: http://pwcalc.com/bce8b82a2a309b2a

Not horrible, but not exactly amazing. Tbh I haven't been playing him much lately and wanted to do some fixing up since I regularly enjoy TW on weekends. I have (roughly) atm 50-60mil with which to make improvements.

So what would you suggest I aim/save for first? My friend suggests Wing of Cloud-charger. Another said cube neck, and a third suggested full garnets. I ask your opinion because I can realistically only aim for one thing at a time with my current income.

Any help and advice is appreciated in advance. Thank you! b:cute
Our time is coming, we cannot be stopped, soon the time of the wizard will be upon us and all shall know and fear us. we are a magical army of wizardry and death, cold and emotionless, we carry out our tasks without a conscience.
~Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide

^Wow he has no life.
~Menarin - Dreamweaver
Post edited by Menarin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If I were you, these would be my priorities:
    1) Get a lunar ring
    2) +10 the weapon
    3) Get a better belt (oht ones are sometimes amazing), or a jungle belt (~30m)
    4) Cube necklace
    5) Lose the garnet shards when you get better pdef with lunar ring/better orns, and replace with citrines

I might do 5 before 4, but yeah.
  • skylites1006
    skylites1006 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If I were you, these would be my priorities:
    1) Get a lunar ring
    2) +10 the weapon
    3) Get a better belt (oht ones are sometimes amazing), or a jungle belt (~30m)
    4) Cube necklace
    5) Lose the garnet shards when you get better pdef with lunar ring/better orns, and replace with citrines

I fully agree to this. However, since the best neck and belt (cube) are ones of the most expensive piece of gear out there, I suggest using substitutes while you don't have one yet.

1. Necklace of Giant Strength. Totally farm-able piece of TT equipment.

2. For the belt, the OHT one is good. Except of course for the fact that you have to finish culti to get it. I suggest Vibrant Jade: Order. I got a +4 one in AH at only 4.5m. Gives additional PDEF which i'm assuming you want since you sharded your gear with it. (4.5-5m, refines: 7m)

3. Remove PDEF shards, put citrines. (5-6m)

4. Lunar Ring, a MUST. (30-35m)

5. Also, I have a knack of bringing my TT90 pants along with me just coz it has better stats. I prefer it than the r8 one you're wearing especially when being ganked by melee classes. Shard with citrines not PDEF =)

http://pwcalc.com/3d159f3eb8089f20

Again, these are substitutes until you buy the best ones. G'luck!
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Okay this is my wizard with his current gear: http://pwcalc.com/bce8b82a2a309b2a

Not horrible, but not exactly amazing. Tbh I haven't been playing him much lately and wanted to do some fixing up since I regularly enjoy TW on weekends. I have (roughly) atm 50-60mil with which to make improvements.

So what would you suggest I aim/save for first? My friend suggests Wing of Cloud-charger. Another said cube neck, and a third suggested full garnets. I ask your opinion because I can realistically only aim for one thing at a time with my current income.

Any help and advice is appreciated in advance. Thank you! b:cute

well you cant do that much with 60mil
    i suggest to reinvest that coin

if u wanna improve now:

do Trophy mode SoT for a cheaper pdef cape?

i would refine all stuff i keep a bit longer to +5
    that would not include pants (nirvana later?), necky(cube neck later!) and belt (meh)
    and the new cape*

cost of +5 is, ~roughly 7mil atm -sale- when buying 1star orbs

so there -35mil for 5 5star orbs

3 perfect citrines for cape a 3mil each ~ -9m

refining the headgear to +6 since it has the highest +hp modifer of all your gears
    roughly -15-16mil

no coin left -stop- lol

http://pwcalc.com/a3181b77993a3a77

cube neck atm is well over 110 mil - sad times :C

-edit-
    skylites idea is better - when u consider cube necky price its worth getting the bound tt90 gold
    i like potato
  • negativereaction
    negativereaction Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    if budget is a concern, do not take the suggestion to use Dragon orbs for refining to +5. refining aids (tienkangs, though tishas work out about the same in the long run) are a much cheaper way to get to +6 if you start using them when attempting +4 (just use mirage celestones to +3, yes, you will fail a lot, it happens). +7 is borderline and can go either way.

exception is weapons since they have double mirage cost.
  • Menarin - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Alright I'm definitely going to go:

1) Sign of Antiquity: Chaos
    2) Vibrant Jade: Order (For strength add or I can't wear my boots/wrists)
    3) Necklace of Giant Strength
    4) +4 - +5 all refines
    5) Wings of cloudcharger
    6) Switch for citrines? (I don't know if the +300hp is worth the cost of 6 immac cits and -700p.def tbh)

http://pwcalc.com/42af23137d6194cd
    Our time is coming, we cannot be stopped, soon the time of the wizard will be upon us and all shall know and fear us. we are a magical army of wizardry and death, cold and emotionless, we carry out our tasks without a conscience.

^Wow he has no life.
    ~Menarin - Dreamweaver
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i would think about tt90 gold sleeves with g8 citrines. Imho 99sleeves are really bad and not worth the -3% set bunus. 90gold sleeves are roughly 12mil to make i believe.

i would get lunar ring (30mil if your a pro jew)
    tt90pants
    90gold wrists (12mil)

http://pwcalc.com/7d15187193fe2672
    or you could jsut merchent the money and get 1st cast nv sleeves/boots for more hp/refine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    "Pro Troll Response"

Merchant that 60mill until you have max money...

Then go http://pwcalc.com/eb0c8487fa2858d5

Funky shards FTW
  • Menarin - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Okay first off huge necro on my part, but why make another thread if i already had one from before?

Anyways my current build atm: http://pwcalc.com/919733a40707640b

I have about 200mil to play around with and was wondering what you guys/gals can come up with (Rank 9 is not an option just fyi). I hope somebody can help me out here, because I'm not sure what more I can do to improve this toon; especially since I don't want to farm a lot. (I work too much).

Worst come worst pretend you have a 250mil cap. Thanks in advance btw for any insight you can shed. :D

^Wow he has no life.
    ~Menarin - Dreamweaver
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You forgot to mention that you were thinking of going full nirvy, either TT or Lunar b:chuckle
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    http://pwcalc.com/9a6789fa26e57b15

This is doable for around 200mil if you can get the cannies on 2x. should be about 180 to 190mil. Thats with canny prices on my server. after taht i would work on getting some better pants or refining the helm then the g15stuff. I'd also get a 2nd lunar ring at some point, but you need at least 1 atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Menarin - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Alright. Yeah I can get the uncannys. I think they sell at 308k each (highest) on my server atm.

Alright yeah I know I have to get rid of my crappy 3* ring at some point. Just not that much benefit from getting a lunar ring atm. Lunar rings are great, but its def low priority for me right now. Im more interested in outputting more damage and greater survivability in TW.

Anything that can boost my hp a nice amount would be great. Besides whats better Lunar Nirvy or TT nirvy? Does lunar get the +% def adds?

^Wow he has no life.
    ~Menarin - Dreamweaver
This discussion has been closed.