Cash Shop Haters

Options
bonbonsmalisia
bonbonsmalisia Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
I reccomend not to read if ur a teenager who lives on his parents money lol

I simply laugh when people make problems with cash shoppers and hates on them.

Nothing goes for free in this world guys! Hello! I understand some of you live on ur parents expenses and think food comes into fridge somehow with magic and bills dont exist!

But cash shoppers are the ones that acually pay for us , non cash guys to play the game. PWI isnt a red cross, creating graphic and supproting servers, paying for staff COSTS MONEY.
Someone has to pay for it! And its cash shoppers. If pwi didnt have them we wouldnt be even allowed to play! Do you seriously dont see it?

Cash guys need us as much as we need them. We give them in game coins and they pay for our play time.

Its just so amusing and irritating at the same time when i read milions of -i hate cash shoppers posts- lol
Post edited by bonbonsmalisia on

Comments

• Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I love cashshoppers b:victory
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    There's a pretty big difference between "I bought a new flyer and some fashion and a charm or two"

and
    "I bought rank9"

If you buy success with cash rather than effort then yes, you're going to be disliked.

Just like in real life, really.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It creates imbalance.

There are many F2P games where there is cash shopping, but it does not cause in imbalance. (League of Legends, MOBA style game). That is a legit form of paying,

There is a difference when everyone pays money and is on the same level (Call of Duty, Halo, GW, etc.) but when there is a huge difference when the PWI cash shop makes such a massive gap. I don't dislike people who spend $800 on their PS3, CoD, Uncharted, MGS4, LBP etc. But $800 in PWI creates the biggest imbalance.

Yeah yeah, PWI needs an incentive to pay for stuff otherwise they'd go broke. But this is the wrong way of doing it. It's basically a massive **** YOU to F2P players (read: F2P players=potential future P2P players). i.e. It alienates the F2P players who may spend in the future.

No one hates the cash shoppers who buy a mount, a few charms and maybe a set of fashion.
    But then you see the massive berlin wall created by people who buy R9 and refine equipment up to +10.

And I dont know wtf the first line had to do with the rest of the post..I suppose I'm on my parents money..

And just 'cause i'm young doesn't mean I'm ignorant and stupid. Way to generalize an entire demographic of millions based on a single fact. The few hundred in the London Riots aren't a good representative of the millions of teenagers out there. The real ignorant people are people who stereotype others based on appearance/first impressions without knowing anything else about that person.

tl;dr
    heavy Cash shopping creates imbalance between f2p and p2p. f2p players then quit because they are alienated due to imbalance, however these f2p players were potential p2p players in the future, which causes PWI to actually make less money than fully achievable.
    Not all teenagers are stupid, don't generalize based on appearance

You know a game's cash shop system is terrible when NOT PLAYING the game is actually more efficient than PLAYING the game.

i.e. Working IRL is better than playing the game. Completely counterintuitive. GG guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm a teenager living on my parents money.
    No I don't hate cash-shoppers. I dislike people who generalize however P:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    One thing I'll say - the old pwi did this very well.

It gave you a few sneak previews of things you could cash shop - the expanded bank quest, the free flyer for a week.
    And this was there to tempt you into buying stuff - and none of that stuff gave you a massive advantage over other players.

The new pwi, with gold permanently 1m+ and packs and rank gear... doesn't do this well at all.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Just a buttload of excuses. It really only makes PvP imbalanced. For everyday PvE, why is this even a problem?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Just a buttload of excuses. It really only makes PvP imbalanced. For everyday PvE, why is this even a problem?

Because there's no one LEFT in low and mid-level PVE to squad with.
    Which stops new players getting anything done.

Which kills the influx of new players which, eventually, leads to underpopulated and then closed servers.
  • Deadlife - Lost City
    Deadlife - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    There's a pretty big difference between "I bought a new flyer and some fashion and a charm or two"

and
    "I bought rank9"

If you buy success with cash rather than effort then yes, you're going to be disliked.

Just like in real life, really.

Lol, cause apparently buying rank 9 with real money means you put in no effort
    I don't know about you, but when I work for 1400 usd it usually means ive put in 2 weeks of work....sound like effort to me...
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lol, cause apparently buying rank 9 with real money means you put in no effort
    I don't know about you, but when I work for 1400 usd it usually means ive put in 2 weeks of work....sound like effort to me...

True, but I think she meant IN-GAME effort
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Because there's no one LEFT in low and mid-level PVE to squad with.
    Which stops new players getting anything done.

Which kills the influx of new players which, eventually, leads to underpopulated and then closed servers.

Currently what is doing that is the goon glitch.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Indeed. If you want out of game to matter in game, then heck, we'll just say Carlos Slim (richest man in the world) wins PWI forever.
    Heck, we can even make a special trophy for him.

Your out-of-game stuff shouldn't matter whilst in the game.
  • DudeLupus - Raging Tide
    DudeLupus - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Here we go with the cash shopper argument. Lemme play devil's advocate for a bit.

I'm a wizard, the only way I can make money right now is grinding for dq items and trying to merch. Due to my crazy computer, I can't leave pwi running all day, but I can dual client when I actually have time to play. So I make a small amount regularly from my catshop.

On the flip side, I work from home and have a job that I can literally log into any time I want. Sometimes instead of playing, I'll work for a few extra hours and use that money for the game. If it weren't for me cash shopping, I wouldn't be able to afford the gear I'll need just to reach endgame. Never mind being able to actually afford decent endgame gear. And I'm not aiming for r9 at this point, just getting the coins together for r8 (which is only mediocre at best) would be a problem without me putting in work outside of the game.

Yes this is a F2P game, but you won't get very far without some way of making money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deadlife - Lost City
    Deadlife - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Then I'd suggest playing a game that doesn't have a cash shop...that's what's it's there for granted I personally don't think from a business stand point that they are capitalizing their full potential, I mean at the moment there is an everything on sale-sale, whilst a monumental exploit is going on lack of full release of content for newest class, and the list goes on...however that does not mean just cause someone can drop 2-3k on a set of rank 9 and refines and you can't/won't don't make you superior...

nothing except items gained by charge rewards are unattainable by what you deem ok by your standards, so get off your high and mighty horse

Mmmmmmkay?

@anti-cashshoppers
  • ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver
    ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Worst kind is cash shoppers that hate other cash shoppers who can pay more...
    lets say i know some people that have all +12 and they are hated cuz of that.....but all this people hate them cuz they cant afford to pay that much money but they still payed a lot to get all +10 and all their other epic stuff(its just +10...and not +12)

....idc for anyone...just playing game and haveing fun with friends b:victory

Haters gonna hate
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This thread is very exciting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Play for your own fun and quit finger pointing, throwing out all these excuses about why YOUR enjoyment is hampered. NO one is doing it. You are.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    people hate pwi more than cash shopers actually.. dont confuse cause with effect.

well, stupid/unskilled csers get lols too
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    True, but I think she meant IN-GAME effort

So if you work alot and don't have the time or rather wouldn't want to waste the time needed to accumulate the funds to buy r9, but you do have enough money to buy it when you want then why would you not buy it?

My philosophy is Time is Money. Go waste your endless hours of farming to achieve your endgame gear. I'd much rather work IRL, make IRL coins, and spend them how I please. Isn't that the point of living?
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

I simply laugh when people make problems with cash shoppers and hates on them.

l

I simply laugh when I see this thread appear over and over again in a pathetic attempt to make yourself look superior and original b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I dislike people who generalize however P:

All of them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    All of them?
    No, just the dislikeable ones. The likeable ones however, one can't dislike, due to the fact that they're so likeable. Therefore, one can surmise that one dislikes all people who generalize except the likeable ones, but definitely dislikes the dislikeable ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    There's a difference between CSer's who aware they are wining due to superior gears and CSer's with superior gears who think they are winning because they are pro sht.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    All of them?
    No, just the dislikeable ones. The likeable ones however, one can't dislike, due to the fact that they're so likeable. Therefore, one can surmise that one dislikes all people who generalize except the likeable ones, but definitely dislikes the dislikeable ones.

Oke.. those are 2 epic comebacks... x'D
    First giving me a stomach-ache of laughing... second headache... b:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options

b:laughb:laughb:laugh Epic :)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The game's in-game farming is worth jack **** compared to charging money, and that is the problem. No one should have to farm 10 hours to get 1 hour worth of RL work, because that just discourages playing the game. Farming in-game is considered a waste of time, and that is just sad for any game. It means the game's farming aspects is not worth the time in in-game currency or even in enjoyment for that matter. I know the extremely one-sided exchange encourages charging, and that is what PWI wants, but there should be some more value placed to playing their game too. After all, what are people charging for if not to play their game?

Maybe farming should be made better. They've already made mirage boxes which are nice, why not make it possible to exchange TT mats for DQ points? That way...some of the crappier bosses can be worth going to.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kreuz - Raging Tide
    Kreuz - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The game's in-game farming is worth jack **** compared to charging money, and that is the problem. No one should have to farm 10 hours to get 1 hour worth of RL work, because that just discourages playing the game. Farming in-game is considered a waste of time, and that is just sad for any game. It means the game's farming aspects is not worth the time in in-game currency or even in enjoyment for that matter. I know the extremely one-sided exchange encourages charging, and that is what PWI wants, but there should be some more value placed to playing their game too. After all, what are people charging for if not to play their game?

Maybe farming should be made better. They've already made mirage boxes which are nice, why not make it possible to exchange TT mats for DQ points? That way...some of the crappier bosses can be worth going to.

^- this!

It is just a pain to farm in this game. Sure farming 3-x can be effective (if u duo/solo/trio) but to be able to do it u will need very good equip, similiar to that what you are trying to farm there.

If you are gonna farm 1-x and 2-x frequently you may get decent cash but if you look at the market prices... it is just... dunno, wrong?

I am lucky enough to merch pretty decent and are able to farm effective TT. But i know enough players who gets desperate once they discovered that farming isn't that good anymore. Especially if you only have limited time. D:
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I generally don't mind (or rather don't care) about CSers.

They can brag all they want, it's a game. At least they finance it. I thank them for it.
    They may force others and try to impose what is 'OP' to them. It bugs me a bit after a bit though. They should embrace diversity once in a while.

But those who get stupid, break rules and get perverted in world chat... Seriously, I don't feel like having any respect towards them. That said, if they want to prove they are superior in terms of sheer idiocy, I won't deny nor contest their title. b:laugh
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I dislike cash shoppers because plain and simple..they are idiots.

The ones that complain about the game are even more idiotic.

Reason:

The game is so messed up, inbalanced, poorly maintained and updated. And quite obviously the management doesnt give a flying ****. But these people still give them their money. We should stop charging til some bugs get fixed that have been around since the start of the server, plain and simple.

Them giving the company money that doesnt add end game content is actually killing the game by making the sales team think the servers are okay, while in reality.. (compared to 2 years ago) the servers are dead as ****. Now that there is only 2 factions (maybe 3) that I know of that can barely pull 80 people to a territory war if they are lucky, on my server (the most active pvp server) you know there's a problem with the game.

Stop charging and let pwi know they work for us, not the other way around, cash shoppers are killing the game.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I dislike cash shoppers because plain and simple..they are idiots.

The ones that complain about the game are even more idiotic.

Reason:

The game is so messed up, inbalanced, poorly maintained and updated. And quite obviously the management doesnt give a flying ****. But these people still give them their money. We should stop charging til some bugs get fixed that have been around since the start of the server, plain and simple.

Them giving the company money that doesnt add end game content is actually killing the game by making the sales team think the servers are okay, while in reality.. (compared to 2 years ago) the servers are dead as ****. Now that there is only 2 factions (maybe 3) that I know of that can barely pull 80 people to a territory war if they are lucky, on my server (the most active pvp server) you know there's a problem with the game.

Stop charging and let pwi know they work for us, not the other way around, cash shoppers are killing the game.

I agree and even embraced this for a surprising amount of time but it is impossible to do because as you said most CSers are idiots and don't give a **** because they can charge whenever they want and are either too naive or stupid to realize this is what breaks the game in the first place.

I even quit for 2-3 months and didn't charge a cent for a good 6months but one person cannot make a difference.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Gotta love the welcoming and supportive community that the current gone hog wild cash shopping situation produces.

PWI has totally forsaken the old school game they originally created and are totally hooked like a meth addict on the almost free money the cash shop produces. It is so ridiculous, that all it takes is for a handful of insane amount cash shoppers for PWI to make obscene profits. They could care less if the player population dwindles. Their profits are going up. When a small group of CSers routinely spend thousands of dollars every month, it completely skews PWI's motivation.

I think many of us still here thought that it would never get this out of hand, but now many stick around like people watching a slow motion train wreck, just to see the how collosal the disaster can get.

In mean time instead of factions that welcome and assist newcomers, we get mercenaries that scream 'learn to play' or 'get the f*** out' when newbies ask for help.

We get the kind of divisiveness on display in this thread, where then norm response to any criticism of the game is to mount personal attacks on the posters.

Cash Shopping encompasses power leveling (hypers and heads) which serve to drive a stake in what is left of the new player population. But from PWI's perspective, they don't care if out of 100 new players, 90 leave because they can't squad and level, because the 10 that stay, more than make up for it in cash spent on hypers and reputation.

Here is a clue for those fanboys that are so 'sick' of seeing these criticisms, Don't read them, just skip over them, no one forces you to read every post.
    Just some guy