Which nirvana weapon do you use?

Options
TrueHarmony - Archosaur
TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Cleric
For those who use nirvana :3 im curious what everyone else likes.

Im going after petals of destruction 2nd cast(so pretty O.O). Although using Buddhas leaf has given me a certain fondness for magic swords, fairly even damage but hither top end than a wand.
Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TrueHarmony - Archosaur on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If Nirvana was still a viable option for casters, I'd have also gone for the glaive. I've just always liked glaives.

My in-game hubby has a second recast wand though. Never asked him why the wand, but now I'm curious. :X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If Nirvana was still a viable option for casters, I'd have also gone for the glaive. I've just always liked glaives.

My in-game hubby has a second recast wand though. Never asked him why the wand, but now I'm curious. :X

Whats not viable about nirvana anymore for casters? Did you mean the dungeon itself or the weapon? Curious to your meaning behind that :3 . Second cast nirvana has damage thats only about 100 points less when refined to +12 and the stats it can get are pretty ********...is it stronger than rank 9? Well the rank 9 set bouns bonus is insane so no...XD but its still far from not being viable

(also when my veno and mystic get to 100 they can totally steal my clerics weapon since it doesn't bind like r9 <,< my husbands wizzard can use it too lol)
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    For cleric my dream weapon would be Lunar Nirvana Wand , Possibly recast with Channeling Mag+ and some attack lvls.

I want an Evanescence (TT Nirvana Sword) for veno though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I use R8 but if I was going to use Nirvana I'd go w/the glaive due to the ease of getting the gear in the first place and the first cast bonus maintained on vit and magic.

Also, about not being viable, er, Nirvana weapons, especially 2nd cast, are not too far off from R8, and it's more for those who perhaps have multiple arcanes and don't want to go through the hassle of ranking every single one of them -- instead account stashing as much gear as possible to share. It's quite an economical move, not to mention every cleric and their mother uses R8 nowadays.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If I remember correctly Rank 8 has higher damage at low refines and slightly lower damage at higher refines than Nirvana, but for a fraction of the price and with very decent adds.

However if I went Nirvana it'd prolly be swords to account stash back and forth with my Veno.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary
    Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Whats not viable about nirvana anymore for casters? Did you mean the dungeon itself or the weapon? Curious to your meaning behind that :3 . Second cast nirvana has damage thats only about 100 points less when refined to +12 and the stats it can get are pretty ********...is it stronger than rank 9? Well the rank 9 set bouns bonus is insane so no...XD but its still far from not being viable

(also when my veno and mystic get to 100 they can totally steal my clerics weapon since it doesn't bind like r9 <,< my husbands wizzard can use it too lol)

rank 8 costs 72 gold or roughly 100 mill coin (varies by gold price)

a 2nd recast nirvana weapon costs 600 mill for the raptures alone. There are 5 arcane classes in game.

The only reason to get g 15 vana would be because you have every arcane class in game at level 100 and are planning to refine above +7 on all of them AND you do not intend to get rank 9 on any of them.
    I give up on beign a blademaster. Gonna go wave my tranny **** around and pew pew.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I guess I am the only person to like the TT nirvy sword D:

Fyi, to those asking about viability:

★★Wheel of Light +10 has an avg mattk of 12579 (at +12 it's 15038)

★★Counter Destiny: Nirvana +10 has an avg mattk of 11436 (at +12 it's 14154)

★★Glaive of Destiny: Infinity +10 has an avg mattk of 12746 (at +12 it's 15392) (EDIT: this is potentially viariable due to adds, but the avg won't move much unless the adds you get staggeringly augment your mattk)

They, in all honesty, are all fairly close; almost within one standard deviation of each other (even at +12). The difference lies in the cost and that's why they are not as cost-effective as the rank weapons, assuming you do not intend to share caster gear.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Options
    :3 Looks like im not the only one who thinks about nirvana gear anymore, yay.

About the viability of nirvana...its mostly a cost thing to me really..but wait! 2nd cast nirvana costs MORE than rank 9 you say? Well yes...but in all honesty rank 9 costs real money. Sure you can farm money and items to vendor (rappies, uncannies, tt etc etc) and horde your coin away and then buy all your badges and tokens with the coin you've made to get rank 9....but honestly how many people do you know that got rank 9 without using credit/debit cards...lol not a lot(if any).

In my mind nirvana is the free option, as all you have to do is nirvana for a couple months(or a few weeks if you live in game) and then poof, g15 weapon without cash charging, yay!

rank 8 costs 72 gold or roughly 100 mill coin (varies by gold price)

The r8 glaives added stats are terrible...just terrible lol, mp on an endgameish weapon? -.-
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    but honestly how many people do you know that got rank 9 without using credit/debit cards...lol not a lot(if any).

I know quite a few.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    About the viability of nirvana...its mostly a cost thing to me really..but wait! 2nd cast nirvana costs MORE than rank 9 you say? Well yes...but in all honesty rank 9 costs real money. Sure you can farm money and items to vendor (rappies, uncannies, tt etc etc) and horde your coin away and then buy all your badges and tokens with the coin you've made to get rank 9....but honestly how many people do you know that got rank 9 without using credit/debit cards...lol not a lot(if any).

I don't understand your logic. Money is money. You either spend it on R9 or Nirvana. You do know that you have to buy the raptures off of the squad regardless yeah? Unless there's an even split, in which case you can sell for coin and buy gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't understand your logic. Money is money. You either spend it on R9 or Nirvana. You do know that you have to buy the raptures off of the squad regardless yeah? Unless there's an even split, in which case you can sell for coin and buy gold.

Again the idea is like 99% of the people with r9 i know did this. Hit lvl 101, went to charge zen spent a butt ton of money, got rank 9. The people i know with nirvana farmed in the dungeon *shrug* its just my way of thinking.

And besides, with r9 everyone has the exact same gear with the exact same stats and exact same weapon skins i find it beyond boring
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Again the idea is like 99% of the people with r9 i know did this. Hit lvl 101, went to charge zen spent a butt ton of money, got rank 9. The people i know with nirvana farmed in the dungeon *shrug* its just my way of thinking.

And besides, with r9 everyone has the exact same gear with the exact same stats and exact same weapon skins i find it beyond boring

I see, but don't let common stereotypes/misperceptions shroud the logic of it all.

I actually know someone who CS'ed full nirvana, then farmed R9.

While it might be "boring", it's consistent and reliable. Given the amount you have to spend, I would be quite upset ending up with 2 socket armor or having to reforge my wep 187322 times for good stats.

The set bonus alone makes R9 completely outshine Nirvana, and for less cost with reliable, consistent stats/sockets.

Logic dictates my reasoning, but I see where you're coming from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Options

Logic dictates my reasoning, but I see where you're coming from.

Yay, someone who can widen their own views to see others :3 a rarity on forums lol.

And kamon! You gotta admit in terms of looks Petals of Destruction > r9 glaive lol

Tbh i would consider r9 if cleric was my only mage, but i have a: Veno, Wiz and mystic to gear too XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I wanted to get the Pataka :o
    I farmed 60m so far, then realized that R8 was more powerful, 2 times less expensive, and that I needed Blacksmith lvl6.
    I'm really sad, but Nirvana weapon is not worth it now honestly.
    I'll get Nirvana armor though <3
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Tbh i would consider r9 if cleric was my only mage, but i have a: Veno, Wiz and mystic to gear too XD

No one will fault you for getting g15 nirvy and especially not for this reason, it's the thing most people said before =)

Honestly, before I left I was planning to get g15 for the looks (as well and to stand out a bit). Then again, you're looking at a guy that made 10 OHT weaps (different ones too) purely for looks. Take what I say with a grain of salt :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I like the sword, because magic swords are my favorite b:thanks right next to the glaive. Medium damage ranges. Unlike pataka high and wands low ranges.

But rank 8 glaive hits hard. :3
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    uhh wand for accurate heals

but i have r8 anyway
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    :3 Sure you can farm money and items to vendor (rappies, uncannies, tt etc etc) and horde your coin away and then buy all your badges and tokens with the coin you've made to get rank 9....but honestly how many people do you know that got rank 9 without using credit/debit cards...lol not a lot(if any).

In my mind nirvana is the free option, as all you have to do is nirvana for a couple months(or a few weeks if you live in game) and then poof, g15 weapon without cash charging, yay!

/QUOTE]

Honestly, I'd guess its about half and half. Working on farming R9 for at least two different characters myself. Farming Rank 9 is cheaper than farming Nirvana, I believe.

The r8 glaives added stats are terrible...just terrible lol, mp on an endgameish weapon? -.-

4% crit add on a magic weapon is awesome. Not so much for pve healing but if you pk or when you are DDing having crit on a magic weapon is way sexier than on a phys/melee weapon because the dph is higher. And of course, -6% channeling is helpful. So what if one add is only mediocre. I prefer the Rank 8 glaive adds to almost any other wand adds in the game.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    id go for the magic swords
    is and always have been a fan of them

altho i personally got lazy and stopped upgrading after sinra+4 (back in 2009)
    friends thought it was pathetic so they +6ed it for me \o/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan