Level Means Nothing

Typhyse - Sanctuary
Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Assassin
While I was working in the yard earlier, I was thinking about how, aside from gear level requirements, it really means little in this game. It all boils down to how much money you, your daddy, or your sugar daddy/momma can waste.

Here's a comparison of a fully CSd 85 sin and a fully CSd 101 sin.
How similar they are in power is scary... b:shocked
Level 85
Level 101
The 101 is clearly superior with greater HP, aps, phys def, crit rate, DPH, Sac. Assault in daggers, accuracy, and evasion. However, the 85 has a few more def levels, twice as many attack levels, more mag def, and comes pretty close to the 101 in everything else but aps.

Now clearly I'm comparing 2 very different types of gear builds, and the 101's build is rather uncommon. Both the 85 and 101's builds could be changed so that one would be far better than the other.
But all things said, how gear dependent this game is (rather than level and skill) is quite saddening.
Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
~Spazz~
Post edited by Typhyse - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    wow.... it is quite close

though the triple spark does change everything, but you make a good point
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Quite true, but with power like that who needs triple spark? xD
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Um... Shining Snow Boots and Shining Snow Shinguards don't exist in the game. The Helm was a prize from Frost Pack back in the day, but the armors are in no way in the game.

Also, the point that you're making is kinda nonsensical. Of course, if you put a Warsoul, G16 event ornaments and full +12 refines on a character, it's going to be pretty bad ***.

Also, considering that your 101 build has 70% more DPS than the 85, I think your point is kinda failing anyway.

Yeah, you made a build that is awesome for 85, but compared to just about anything at endgame, it's not going to hold its ground. Especially not if you take into account that a Warsoul would fund someone with R9 and +10 on all pieces of gear, which would make your 85 build look like a joke in comparison.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011

+1

b:sweat
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    that's a bit of a twisted comparison...
    lvl 80 with warsoul vs lvl 101 with g15 ...
    Compare it with r9, will look diff. Aps is not everything (lol, who's talking)
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011

There is that.

And since it's supposed to be "fully CS'd", R9 would make more sense than G15 to begin with.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I kinda knew this for a while..it's not exclusive to assassin really.

Some classes are better at lower levels than higher..

This game makes no sense to me.

Alot of lower gear was so awesome, i miss using them and the difference between them and the next upgrade is small -.-.
  • Islashyou - Dreamweaver
    Islashyou - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You should lose your posting privileges.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    So apparently none of you read this part of my post.
    Now clearly I'm comparing 2 very different types of gear builds, and the 101's build is rather uncommon. Both the 85 and 101's builds could be changed so that one would be far better than the other.
    But all things said, how gear dependent this game is (rather than level and skill) is quite saddening.

Excuse me for choosing some wrong wording. Jesus... -,..,-
    ~Spazz~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Except you put interval gears on the 101 and yet only compare DPH. 101 already got 23% more HP and 22% more DPH than the 85 while 101 is only 19% more than 85 in terms of level count. What else did you want, the 101 to have 3 times the DPH and 4 times the HP as 85?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    So apparently none of you read this part of my post.

Excuse me for choosing some wrong wording. Jesus... -,..,-

The point you were making is pointless for a multitude of reasons.

So it's just another "Messing with PWCalc and I found this" kind of thing.

Repetitive and boring,
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2011

**** you name stealer D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]