bh bosses overpowered

Comments

• Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    it cant be that wyvern kills my 67 pure mag cleric with hp charm and bb with his aoe while a barb/seeker tanks him b:angry

wtf you devs messed up again?

those bhs should be possible to do with ppl for the lvl range it supposed to be, so we dont have rely on EVERY LITTLE D A M N **** T Y thing on high levels

b:angry b:angry

game sucks more and more with every day

Ok BB on wyv...

That's kinda fail

This game is pretty easy, if you think otherwise, you should learn how to play properly.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Michael, very few people remember that anymore. I told someone once about not having genies once and they said "how did you play the game?"

b:shutup

A time when genies didn't exist? And I suppose next you'll spew fantasies like Barbs being able to hold aggro pretty well, DDs controlling their damage output, teamwork in squads, and people who actually knew how to play!
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    -_- Why do clerics nowadays BB on Wyvern. Thats your first sign of fail right there.

Stay out of aoe range, IH, purify, and aoe heal if needed. Pop a wellspring on a different member if needed. You should NEVER BB on a boss that needs purified -__-

*mumbles* players these days

Totally agree with that.

And I will repeat for any failed clerics out there, never BB a boss that curses, burns or whatever bad status that NEEDS to be purified.

Plain and simple, if I see a cleric putting up BB at Pole one day while i'm tanking, i'm taking notes or simply blacklisting..

The only one I can think of quick would be to maybe BB at drake IF it's a high level mage class tanking it (at 80+ should have enough fire resist to actually laugh at the burn, but still cool to get purified..)

As for bosses overpowered, I don't really think so, although...there's (to me at least with no epic gear) a HUGE bump between bosses in bh79 and bh89. Comparing from my main's point of view (bm 101) Brigand is a chicken compared to Thousand year old spirit.
  • Kings_tides - Raging Tide
    Kings_tides - Raging Tide Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Totally agree with that.

And I will repeat for any failed clerics out there, never BB a boss that curses, burns or whatever bad status that NEEDS to be purified.

Plain and simple, if I see a cleric putting up BB at Pole one day while i'm tanking, i'm taking notes or simply blacklisting..

The only one I can think of quick would be to maybe BB at drake IF it's a high level mage class tanking it (at 80+ should have enough fire resist to actually laugh at the burn, but still cool to get purified..)

As for bosses overpowered, I don't really think so, although...there's (to me at least with no epic gear) a HUGE bump between bosses in bh79 and bh89. Comparing from my main's point of view (bm 101) Brigand is a chicken compared to Thousand year old spirit.

^^ this...

Always IH and purify, use chrono beam for the DDs. and make sure to use Pdef and hp shards!!

yikes...
  • Nikitae - Raging Tide
    Nikitae - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    IH and Lvl 3 purify should keep you out of the aoe. Tell the barb not to turn wyvern so you can do this. If you wan't to BB then ask barb to turn wyvern since it doesn't cancel BB from behind (but youll get aoe).
  • MerseDeska - Raging Tide
    MerseDeska - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2011

l2p ur class
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    those bhs should be possible to do with ppl for the lvl range it supposed to be, so we dont have rely on EVERY LITTLE D A M N **** T Y thing on high levels

you are joking right? Cause bh is usually a cave 10 to 19 lvls below squadmembers' lvl, meaning you got gear of higher grade and more skills. Any bh is a cakewalk and doesn't need "high lvl" help.

If you get 1 shot in BB by wyvern's aoe, you really need better gear. My not-charmed, pure magic cleric could take the aoe without bb.
  • ShadowIH - Dreamweaver
    ShadowIH - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    it cant be that wyvern kills my 67 pure mag cleric with hp charm and bb with his aoe while a barb/seeker tanks him b:angry

I healed tanks of my level and more without any problems at Wyvern. It was without BB.

Sometimes exist too strange players, that can be killed even by Rankar (one Assassin had been killed 2 times, although tank told to him to stay far - no need to be killed).

AOE of Wyvern can not hit my Cleric if I will be careful.

Although he can hold these hits.

Here are hints for newbies from PWIWiki:
    Myriadtail Wyvern

Wyvern is located in the southeast corner of the map. There is one room east of his.

The Battle

Wyvern has two ranged mobs next to him. It's advised to lure them before beginning.

He has a long range single target magic attack, melee attacks, and a strong AoE physical attack. This AoE attack is not directional. Do not position the boss between the cleric and the tanker. The AoE, which has a radius of about 24 meters, will still reach out behind the boss. Turning the boss only brings the cleric closer. If the tank is between the cleric and the boss, the cleric may potentially stay out of AoE range.

Wyvern will also use an attack that curses the tank (increases damage taken by 20%). This debuff should be purified immediately.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Quick story.

Honestly, I've died on wyvern before. Yes, I did use BB. The reason is because I was asked to do so. I've also died on wyvern using ironheart as well. (Didn't know that he has a debuff that I need to purify. Experience taught me that.)

That being said, when I was doing 51 runs for bh, with the exception of one time...he never one shotted me. That one time was when I was in BB. The strategy was for the tank to turn him to the wall, for me to BB behind him, and spare the DD's. It didn't work that way. He one shotted me through it. I was actually surprised at the time, because I had done it quite a few times before...ever since I was asked to do it the first time. However, ever since I got BB, I tend to ask if they want ih, or if they want BB. The squads replies indicate which one they would prefer, and I give it a shot to the best of my ability.

On that particular run however...Rankar's AOE, and Wyvern's AOE both one shotted me. I had LITERALLY just finished that instance with another squad, used the same strategies, was able to take a few hits, and do my job. Something about that second run was just off.

Also, I want to note that I've been using pdef ornaments for some time, and I advocate them being used. How you play your cleric is up to you, but using the pdef found in ornaments will save you a decent amount of pain at least...so they may be worth considering.

Bh bosses are hard...but not so hard that a decent squad can't deal with them if they implement the right strategies. (A high level player is not necessarily required for them). Granted, you can't solo them, but unless you are of a high level, you can't really solo most instances. Learn from any mistakes, or flaws found, and make steps to amend them in the future. Sometimes its a fluke, and stuff just happened, but just take it for what its worth, do your best, keep going, and don't let it get to you.

Take care, be safe, and have fun ingame (and out of game. Lol.)
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • ShadowIH - Dreamweaver
    ShadowIH - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    On that particular run however...Rankar's AOE, and Wyvern's AOE both one shotted me. I had LITERALLY just finished that instance with another squad, used the same strategies, was able to take a few hits, and do my job. Something about that second run was just off.
    This can be. Like boss with Increased Life. Sometimes.
    edited August 2011
    This can be. Like boss with Increased Life. Sometimes.

Thanks for the info. It does help to know that its a possibility that can happen. I'll continue to adapt my strategies further to compensate for these occasions when they do occur. I've got a pretty solid defense now. One shots, and heavy shots are still a problem though...but then again, that applies to everyone. Lol. I appreciate the tip. That'll help help a good deal in future bh's.

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Quick story.

Did you make sure to repair your equipment between runs?

I'm sorry, but if you were bbing and wondering why you got killed then its your own fault. Stay out of range and cast IH on the tank, throw in a squad heal after his aoe and you should be fine. Even if the barb doesn't cancel. Also, make sure you are sharding for pdef and hp if you're going to be pure, and having your equipment refined. Pure build is a great build, but only if you make up for its drawbacks with your gear.

b:cry Wyvern does Physical AOE, my Pure Magic Cleric with all Elemental equipment and 300 PDef can't survive it. b:cry

You're gonna cry so hard when you do TT1-2 and Soulbanisher totally kills you through BB and it only has 3 million HP left.

You're gonna cry so hard when every phys AOE everything kills you in one shot through BB.

Learn how to play.

You've been playing long enough I'm going to assume you were being facetious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Imagine how it was done in the old days without HP charm and NPC gears and TT60 +1 or if u were rich +2 -3 weapons b:laugh
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    My mystic heals the DDs upclose at the boss without BB at lvl 60.... come to think of it. I guess physical defense ornas work because i saved team from squad wipe at rankar because I'm not one shot? lol.

Wyvern is easy mode, pole is easy mode, the game is easy mode, i blame aps because everyone else does. jumping on the bandwagon ftw.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Wait... BH bosses are sudenly hard now? May be true if someone in the squad keeps messing up but if you're with ppl that actualy know what they're doing... BH's should be realy easy... But then again who am I to talk... I only play DD classes... Howel at least you're not using FF to lvl up fast... That would be the main reason when someone fails at higher lvles... b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    Well let's see...

I just duo'd 79 on a level 79 character and the cleric healing me used purely IH and the debuff on occasion when she had a chance. Considering my 79 char really isn't that well geared (I'm lazy. Sue me.), I'd have to say any bull about BH bosses being more difficult is... well... a pile of **** from idiots who don't know how to play and need to get their butts out of FCC.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    To be fair to the OP, 51 is actually reasonably hard at-level.

Squishy people can get mauled by the two AOE bosses.

I don't think there's any shame in people dying there occasionally, in their 5x-6x levels.
    Sure, it's a bit sad if they die constantly, or if they've got 9x cleric tagging along - but it's not the cakewalk some people are making it out to be.

That's 59, and 79 and eden, eden especially being doable WELL below level.

Edit:
    51 is also the first place you really need to purify, I think? It's certainly the first one I remember cursing my lack of ability to do so.

And yeah - a proper squad of level 51 people can do FB51. Takes a bit of concentration though, someone stealing aggro will really ruin the cleric's day.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011

...Those high levels are nice enough to get your bh's done cause they know it's difficult to get tank/healer..
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    To be fair to the OP, 51 is actually reasonably hard at-level.
    No it isn't. Stay close to fush since he's an archer. Squishies keep back at rankar so they only get hit by the fire AoE while non-squishies go up close since they can handle the phys AoE and cleric makes sure not to be stupid and use BB. IH+Purify (though honestly, if the tank is in heavy armor and knows how to play you don't even need purify for them to survive) the tank, occasional chromatic for when other members are hit by AoE, plume shell on yourself.

Easy as hell. Just requires you to actually use your brain and know more about your class than equip level 1 bow -> tab -> hit head -> repeat
    Squishy people can get mauled by the two AOE bosses.
    Only if they're being stupid or **** up.
    I don't think there's any shame in people dying there occasionally, in their 5x-6x levels.
    Sure, it's a bit sad if they die constantly, or if they've got 9x cleric tagging along - but it's not the cakewalk some people are making it out to be.
    The occasional death is fine because stuff happens, people make mistakes, and all that... but it IS a cakewalk as long as you're actually competent. The problem is, most people nowadays aren't.
    Edit:
    51 is also the first place you really need to purify, I think? It's certainly the first one I remember cursing my lack of ability to do so.
    Purify is helpful for range tanking in 39 as well against calcid. Not to mention the exploding chickens that like to spam seal and freeze.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Wyvern and Rankar used to one shot my cleric in the 60s when too close because my cleric had horrible phys def. Clerics have to watch out for those two bosses and stay ranged as possible unless they have the def/hp to survive it. Mystics of equal def can better handle it because they have a bonus phys def buff, nonetheless, OP is blaming the wrong person for them being undergeared/skilled.

Those who are level 100+ and have been playing for years now really shouldn't pipe in with "zomg its easy mode" -- yeah, we know it is now. BH51 is a learning instance, so of course you think it's easy in hindsight. Rarely when I did BH51 years ago were there pros who avoided dying because of their pro-ness. Let's try and avoid the monday morning quarterbacking/ego stroking for one thread?
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Let me teach you one thing:
    A barb/seeker 60'ish will have, 5-8k health pool as you as a pure magic cleric, 1-2k.
    A barb/seeker 60'ish will have 6-10k physical resistance. You as a pure magic cleric, at most 1k.
    Wyvern has 2 aoe skills: A close range one and a long range other one. The close range one is twice as stronger as the long range one. Both of his aoes are PHYSICAL DAMAGE!

If you're a pure magic squishy cleric, get the fac away from him b:angry

Now, are you still mad with seekers/barbs surviving to him, while its so simple and clear?
    Play other RPGs, in no rpgs casters are more resistant or so resistant as melee guys.
    edited August 2011
    Did you make sure to repair your equipment between runs?

I did make sure to check my equioment between runs, and none were broken or in danger of breaking. Wyvern just hit me extra hard that time. Lol. ...As did Rankar.b:shocked

"http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

• MorkFromOrk - Heavens Tear
    MorkFromOrk - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Those who are level 100+ and have been playing for years now really shouldn't pipe in with "zomg its easy mode" -- yeah, we know it is now. BH51 is a learning instance, so of course you think it's easy in hindsight. Rarely when I did BH51 years ago were there pros who avoided dying because of their pro-ness. Let's try and avoid the monday morning quarterbacking/ego stroking for one thread?

Why shouldn't people 100+ who have been around a while have a right to say something. Remember back before BHs, genies, hypers, aps, blessings, runes, and when a tt60 weapon made you a king? Well we got those FBs done no problem because of teamwork and knowing how to play. Personally I wouldn't mind the devs cranking up the difficulty on everything in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Personally I wouldn't mind the devs cranking up the difficulty on everything in the game.

And you think the CS'd 5 aps/Rank 9 crowd will care ?

Go swipe Daddy's credit card to get more refines on their armor and weapons and they'll still be playing the game in easy mode.

The only ones who would suffer would be those few suckers still trying to play the game the same old fashioned way you were just espousing in your post above. b:bye
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    It is doable at that lvl... soloed fushma and rankarr on my bm several times because the squad or tank was stupid and died. (Diamond Sutra ftw)

Never tried it on my sin he was and still is pretty squishy.

Never bb at rankarr and wyvern (duh)

Max out IH and spam that mostly on tank (Its a stackable heal so yes it is the strongest)

Everynow and then use the big aoe heal you got for other people taking dmg. If the bm is not using diamond sutra he is wrong. If the archer and veno are not staying out of the aoe range they are wrong. and if the barb is not spamming his aggro skills he is wrong... All in all everyone is wrong until you play it rightb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Why shouldn't people 100+ who have been around a while have a right to say something. Remember back before BHs, genies, hypers, aps, blessings, runes, and when a tt60 weapon made you a king? Well we got those FBs done no problem because of teamwork and knowing how to play. Personally I wouldn't mind the devs cranking up the difficulty on everything in the game.
    And note how you're basing this on your own accomplishments, after the fact, without regard to the skill level of other players. This is obviously not a game for hardcore players.

These BH's were not tough for me either but just like the TT and Nirvana issues it's dumb to turn around and make the same instances tougher just because others alts tend to come into a lower BH with more epic gear. If they make new content designed specifically for said hardcore/cash shopped players, then sure, but what you're asking for pretty much cuts out most players. Horrible idea.
  • mikey442
    mikey442 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Wait until you meet Pole inside BH69 b:laugh
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    What kinda noob cleric use bb on Wyvern.

Every barb know they need purify on this boss.

Oh wait I guess you do !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    BB on Wyvern, wtf...
    In 10 levels, he will QQ about Pole and BB not working there.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    What kinda noob cleric use bb on Wyvern.
    Every barb know they need purify on this boss.
    Oh wait I guess you do !

The one useful time to BB on wyvern is when you're pet-tanking it. You can't purify pets anyway, and if you want to keep lowbie DDs alive that don't know to stay far away, it can help.

Saying that, of course, if the squad is competent then they won't steal and the cleric can DD too.