Major bug fix

HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
HardnHeavy - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
''But by no means will the anniversary mark the end of new content and gameplay changes for PWI - in the weeks following this date, players will see more big announcements, a major bug fix, and plenty of excitement in general. ''

Goons? I hope so.
Post edited by HardnHeavy - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Dawnx_ - Harshlands
    Dawnx_ - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hopefully so... Or it could be a fix to fix every bug in the game...
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    Dawnx- 100 Demon Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Mystic.
    Doom_Panda- 101 R9 Barb 23k HP. :D
    PsychicTuna- 90 Sage Psychic.

PANDAS FTW!!!
  • ShinSein - Harshlands
    ShinSein - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hopefully so... Or it could be a fix to fix every bug in the game...

Now wouldnt players be happy when they do something right fixing some of the bugs?
    [SIGPIC]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/ZeroAngel08/Shinsein.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks goes to Dorset!
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

ShinSein - Harshlands (Alt/Main)
    Shinsetsu - Lothranis (French Main)
    +Bring sexy back - Complete b:victory
  • Esteven - Heavens Tear
    Esteven - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Now the question is:
    Are they only fixing 1 major bug
    or
    A nice big patch of bug fixes

b:question
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Now wouldnt players be happy when they do something right fixing some of the bugs?

lol pwi players happy? no matter what gms and devs do players of this game are so spoiled no one is ever happy. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I think all of that has been said before....Am I wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Everything is coming 'soon' or in the 'near future'. I wouldn't pay it much attention. The 40vs40 base battles were supposed to be released soon after the genesis expansion back in march.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Everything is coming 'soon' or in the 'near future'. I wouldn't pay it much attention. The 40vs40 base battles were supposed to be released soon after the genesis expansion back in march.
    This.

We were also supposed to be getting plenty of bug fixes "soon" after Genesis since the devs were busy with the expansion.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    This.

We were also supposed to be getting plenty of bug fixes "soon" after Genesis since the devs were busy with the expansion.

100% correct. Actually, when the Tideborn expansion was being worked on, I created many threads about fixing bugs. Players, Mods, and PWE staff all stated the same things -- they know the bugs, and they are working on it. Most players sided with PWE, stating that the bugs can't have been fixed at the time, because they are working on them. Eatwithspoons once stated back in the day to myself, after the release of whatever expansion they were working on at the time (Age of Spirits, maybe? Can't remember), they would have more time to fix bugs, and that was the reason they were slacking on that.

Even if goons do get fixed. Is it really a fix? Sounds like it will break the game's balance even more -- allowing all the players who abused it, to stay 104-105, while the players who were innocent in the matter, stay 101-103 (maybe 104 if they hypered FF like crazy, right?). So, really isn't a fix. Just a more broken and unbalanced game, really.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Don't worry it come soon. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Its fixing the bug where every time barbarians wear fashion with a collar, the collar goes through their necks.

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    after so much time i tend to not trust them when they say that they will fix anithing, actualy i think they probably bring something new for theyr cash shopers to make the game even more unbalanced

GOGO PWI happy aniversary
  • alyona
    alyona Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm a bit more concerned with the RB bug that's making -int tomes overly easy to get, and messing with the in-game economy.

As far as goons...the only class it makes a REAL difference to is sins, since their stealth ability is level-based. But... they have so many advantages as a class, is there really any whining to do there?
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    alyona wrote: »
    I'm a bit more concerned with the RB bug that's making -int tomes overly easy to get, and messing with the in-game economy.

As far as goons...the only class it makes a REAL difference to is sins, since their stealth ability is level-based. But... they have so many advantages as a class, is there really any whining to do there?
    How about because there are a thousand level 100's popping up everywhere who don't know a thing about how to play their class?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2011
    I am kinda sure that at last 15% of player base are lv 100.
    And those bellow are alt, pure newbie or, non competitive player, and poor player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cSS2u6cVTI

^^^^ Chinese solution to bugs ^^^^
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • alyona
    alyona Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    How about because there are a thousand level 100's popping up everywhere who don't know a thing about how to play their class?

How is that a problem? Easy kills to pad your pk count with. I really don't have any problems with noobs getting cash-shop gear and levels, they're still noobs and they die just as fast, they just talk a lot bigger while they do it. As it stands, there are lots of idiot players that leveled "the hard way" and still don't know how to play their toon...so meh.

But...messing with the game economy b/c of RB is far more crucial. People are already unhappy with gold prices, now for anyone that had a Pan Gu, their tome is hugely de-valued, and token prices are inflating for people to make pages, so people that buy packs get even MORE in game coin from their packs...making the cash shop inbalance even larger.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    How is that a problem? Easy kills to pad your pk count with. I really don't have any problems with noobs getting cash-shop gear and levels, they're still noobs and they die just as fast, they just talk a lot bigger while they do it. As it stands, there are lots of idiot players that leveled "the hard way" and still don't know how to play their toon...so meh.

But...messing with the game economy b/c of RB is far more crucial. People are already unhappy with gold prices, now for anyone that had a Pan Gu, their tome is hugely de-valued, and token prices are inflating for people to make pages, so people that buy packs get even MORE in game coin from their packs...making the cash shop inbalance even larger.
    Noobs with cash-shopped r9 gear still hit hard, even if they don't know how to play their class. As for the token inflation, with all the packs in the cash shop they barely get past 11k. A couple days ago I was getting tokens for 10.2k each, which is about 200 coins more than the npc price. It would be a lot better if they just fixed all of these bugs....or better yet, check their patches so that we don't keep getting these new bugs every time a new patch comes out. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2011

LOL how is actually farming your gear a bug? b:bye GTFO get off your *** start farming it yourself and sell the tome frags for money if you are worried about the pan gu price dropping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • ShinSein - Harshlands
    ShinSein - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    *Going into short burst rage mode*

I HATE THIS GOD DAMN SHIP WRECK QUEST!

*end rage mode*
    [SIGPIC]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/ZeroAngel08/Shinsein.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks goes to Dorset!
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

ShinSein - Harshlands (Alt/Main)
    Shinsetsu - Lothranis (French Main)
    +Bring sexy back - Complete b:victory
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I wait first, draw conclusions after. Too much disappointment has killed my excitement (for the game).

The motorcycle teaser (Remember that chimei with a clock having its hands going backwards? I'm sure you do) especially left me wondering what was the point in misleading the PWI playerbase the way they did... The worst is that is was planned, approved and put into action. I am sure it backfired badly. That is sad, just thinking of it. b:surrender

Anyway, as long as they don't add more glitches while trying to correct existing ones, I am happy.

-end of message-
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I demand a sticked thread in General Discussion section with all the"Coming Soon",promises and their time date.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I remember once mathematically proving that 2 weeks PWE time = roughly 6 months in real life time.

Wish I could remember the post, but I think it's a useful guide for when things get done here.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    lol pwi players happy? no matter what gms and devs do players of this game are so spoiled no one is ever happy. b:bye

I love the game, but really would like to see a few things:

1. Room 38 removed as part of the culti - it is not only incredibly difficult to get TO but through, expecially if you are lagging. I'd prefer something with team play.

2. The end FBs fixed. These are amazing places to grind.

3. RuneCrafting books - Think about putting these in the CS for same price as the other crafting boxes. It is almost impossible to get these.

4. Put FC back to the old FC... I know, people say 'no one can use this gear' - yes they can - the lower levels. I really think, the game has more then enough methods to level faster ... and the old FC is an amazing experience.

7. Events and PKing - Most do not go to the events because they are pk fests. The more powerful always finds a way to bully. But I DO love how they have made MORE events for smaller levels - where this cannot happen. Kudos for that.

All in all, I think PWI is an amazing game - but the way people can FC fast-fast harms many things. You find people that do not know their class, do not know how to be part of a squad and ... well it is a ripple effect.

DO more things with DQ, but aim for the non-csers that farm hard, and long. I'd suggest materials....

I think the hard core farmers deserve some attention from PWI too - since they help keep the economy alive and thriving.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Coming soon.. more things to be coming soon!
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well, just about everyone has spent money making a superpowered sin by now so...They probably gonna declare aps a bug an change something to slant it back towards casters again.....
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well, just about everyone has spent money making a superpowered sin by now so...They probably gonna declare aps a bug an change something to slant it back towards casters again.....

Bug can be fixed in any time.

Because it is bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenshin151
    kenshin151 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    the old pets from before the Tideborn expansion (inluding the legendary Baby Blazing Phoenix) are still buggy.

instead of showing their normal skins, you see is their LOD models.

the Phoenix's tail is invisible, if you look underneath. in the wild mob, this tail is visible when viewed from below.

this a old bug (more information here http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=106152), and disappointing for a new venomancers players.

the developers do not care about that, right? b:angry
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    YAY YAY DRAGOON FIXED HOPEFULLY. Cant wait tired of that stupid bug!!.

Also a few other bugs like delta 1k kick and kewl.b:victoryb:victory

Well i dont mind if the other bugs arent fixed, but the goon is really has to be fixed.

However!, this bug fixed could just be something silly like fixing the pwi logo for all i know, but i will wait and see, maybe even PWE will eventually take a different route. After all i dont know programming, it could of been a really complex bug code which they havent worked out for years till now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Fixing the dance emotion. b:pleased
    Cash cow only project. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm not getting my hopes up too high. But we'll see what comes out this ^^
    Either way... Knowing pwi they'll hand out the same rewards as last year for playing 2 years...
    meaning I'll get fashion \o/ b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]