Aim low skills

Zliss - Lost City
Zliss - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Archer
Hello, i have read resources, do some research and get opinions and view from people regarding the use and leveling of Aim low skills and kind of confused.

I am asking if i need to retain aim low at level 1 or make it max levels or other levels, the demon descriptions says:

More powerful than Aim Low Level 10.
Has a 25% chance to stun enemy for 3 seconds.

I am not sure how it works, what level should i get for Aim low,
advantages and disadvantages of Aim low levels. Thanks a bunch.
Post edited by Zliss - Lost City on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ...Did you hyper FC your character or something?

Because I seriously can't think of any other way for you to not know this skill well enough to have to come ask if you should level it past 1.

The demon thing would be a good question... except the search button would have provided you with the answer already. Namely the 25% stun proc is separate from the freeze. You can have stun but not freeze proc, you can have freeze but not stun proc, or you can have neither proc.
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Troll? b:laugh

You know the "immobilize increase time for each lvl.." b:question

Except for lv11 i guess.. it only gives the extra effect and more damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    ...Did you hyper FC your character or something?

Because I seriously can't think of any other way for you to not know this skill well enough to have to come ask if you should level it past 1.

The demon thing would be a good question... except the search button would have provided you with the answer already. Namely the 25% stun proc is separate from the freeze. You can have stun but not freeze proc, you can have freeze but not stun proc, or you can have neither proc.

You mean get powerlvled by someone else.
    If you hyper FC yourself, that would imply you run it yourself, and thus actually do something with your bow other than shoot Heads
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • truekossy
    edited July 2011
    You mean get powerlvled by someone else.
    If you hyper FC yourself, that would imply you run it yourself, and thus actually do something with your bow other than shoot Heads

Multiclient.... or one of those main/alt FC squad things.

Point taken, though. b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    To be fair the skill description does incorrectly state that it is a stun and not immobilize. I was confused by that too, when I was level 29.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • truekossy
    edited July 2011
    To be fair the skill description does incorrectly state that it is a stun and not immobilize. I was confused by that too, when I was level 29.

And then you actually used the skill sometime between then and level 100. b:chuckle
    edited July 2011
    Hello, i have read resources, do some research and get opinions and view from people regarding the use and leveling of Aim low skills and kind of confused.

I am asking if i need to retain aim low at level 1 or make it max levels or other levels, the demon descriptions says:

More powerful than Aim Low Level 10.
    Has a 25% chance to stun enemy for 3 seconds.

I am not sure how it works, what level should i get for Aim low,
    advantages and disadvantages of Aim low levels. Thanks a bunch.

b:dirty Quoting before he erase the post or change it.

This mite be Fleuri brother..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So guise should I be using a Bow or Fists full time? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Zliss - Lost City
    Zliss - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Most of the skills are max, except aim low, and i ain't pvp.
    No alt jus main.
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Dorset is not amused
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Not sure how you got to 101 (on a PvP Server at that) without maxing Aim Low, or realizing how useful it is. It's worth Maxing more than about half of the Archer skills.

Spark cost can be a bit annoying, but it's great for dealing with Elites in instances.
    edited July 2011
    max serrated and poison arrow. It will increase your damage output!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    max serrated and poison arrow. It will increase your damage output!

This is actually true when you have an awful weapon.

They can also be a minor damage boost against someone with full JoSD when they do not have defense buffs up. But unless you are just on the edge of not being able to tick their charm, you know this approach has no value and that was the point of your joke.

The big value of those two skills, though, is that they are almost always available (not on cooldown). This makes them great for a fallback zooming thunder macro, along with deadly shot and sage quickshot.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    but cast time...i guess if your weapon is so bad your base is the addon...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    but cast time...i guess if your weapon is so bad your base is the addon...

Ok, yes, if you use a level 1 bow ... but I was thinking of, for example, http://pwcalc.com/?char=9778e627435e0544 from http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3352081&postcount=24

If you had that kind of setup, a serrated or blazing arrow would always give you the same base dps that a normal attack would give you so the DoT would increase your dps over normal attack.

Of course, you probably should not be using normal attacks, but sometimes you might have situations where you want some of your good skills to be off cooldown and others are cooling down (like maybe if you are trying to tick someone's charm and you do not have demon quickshot, or whatever).

You would usually have better options, even for charm ticking, but not always.

Which gets back to the other advantage they have -- those skills would usually not be on cooldown.
  • seuen
    seuen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    really can we be a little nicer here? The guy was asking a question about a skill and its usefulness and you just running him down. But i guess you guys have to make your self's feel better by bashing other ppl so pro! b:shutup
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    seuen wrote: »
    really can we be a little nicer here? The guy was asking a question about a skill and its usefulness and you just running him down. But i guess you guys have to make your self's feel better by bashing other ppl so pro! b:shutup

For low level, I think aim low is mostly good for killing increased life or ranged monsters before they run up and hit you. You can build up chi by flying and shooting something on the ground, which takes some time... and sparking might or might not be a better approach than aim low. I think mostly it becomes useful when you have a decent chance of success with it.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Ok, yes, if you use a level 1 bow ... but I was thinking of, for example, http://pwcalc.com/?char=9778e627435e0544 from http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3352081&postcount=24

If you had that kind of setup, a serrated or blazing arrow would always give you the same base dps that a normal attack would give you so the DoT would increase your dps over normal attack.

Is that why you use dot skills? That actually explains a lot.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    seuen wrote: »

If you had made posts that actually showed you had a brain, I'd bother giving a serious response. However, since you haven't, I'll just leave you with this.
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    In reality, you should be using mostly normal attacks rather than skilled ones.

If you are finding yourself having to use more of the latter ones, then you have your build wrong.

I usually use Take Aim then the rest is normal b4 mob dies. I rarely get hit.

I usually use Aim Low & knockback & stun if I am attacking a mob bout 5+ lvls higher or increased health/defense mobs.

The only true benefit of DOT skills is if your trying to kill a boss or taking on 2+ mobs and kiting them <-- although this is possible it does take some experience & knowledge of ones skills. b:pleased

So to answer your question, yes Aim Low you should be lvling it as u can.
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    there is no way in hell the OP is serious. aim low when maxed out is all you need for normal mobs. make those suckers stay in place while you shoot arrows up their a**es. most of the time mobs die before they even come out of freeze and if they do come out of freeze you have other skills to deal with him. aim low in pvp would be a pain in the butt if i had to guess. i never even pvp'd before and i can see it. you running along minding your own business when suddenly you can't move anymore, you get hit 4-6 times and finally you can move, then your stunned, few shots later, you're dead. (note, 0 EXP in pvp, if this scenario is wrong, then just say so)

this may very well be a case of power leveling without taking a few hours to LEARN your class