Channeling Q.

Yamiino - Heavens Tear
Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Heard the maximum channeling in-game is 74%? is that true? what is the cap before it becomes un-estable? - heard from other cleric its 99% before it causes glitches / non-attack.

Would love to hear an answer from an admin please :]
WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
Post edited by Yamiino - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    74%? Archevil used to have like -85% with chan ornaments and spark.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Amup - Raging Tide
    Amup - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    For a seeker.. 85% (temporarly) is not hard to achieve.. Blade Affinity, maxed, gives 85% channeling by itself.

Does that mean that a seeker that wears, say..just a necklace of legion goes overboard after casting it ?

What if he gets just R9 ring, doesn't that give -6% so after casting the move he would be -91% ??

A tad confusing..yeah some further light on "cap" would be nice...
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    74%? Archevil used to have like -85% with chan ornaments and spark.

So it does go after 74%? - good I have 80% rofl.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I dunno if there is a cap but I'd assume it'd be like interval. Once you reach 5.0 you can't go any higher no matter how much gear you have on.

But pwi does not keep track of it on your character screen so I do not know. On top of that it would be very hard to actually tell if your channel is actually going faster or staying the same. Not saying it's impossible but it is something I wouldn't want to bother with lol
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    I dunno if there is a cap but I'd assume it'd be like interval. Once you reach 5.0 you can't go any higher no matter how much gear you have on.

But pwi does not keep track of it on your character screen so I do not know. On top of that it would be very hard to actually tell if your channel is actually going faster or staying the same. Not saying it's impossible but it is something I wouldn't want to bother with lol

Well yeah 85-90 is more than enough xD takes less than 0.2 sec. to channel a skill rofl :p what bothers me is the cast time >=o xD but cant reduce that u.u
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    There is an inherent design glitch with -channeling.

There is a cap.

Basically, the cap just limits the %, so if you had -120% channeling, it would just work like -90%, or whatever the cap is. Without the cap, you begin to just cast without an animation, it's basically cast without channel. It also glitches animations and such, hence the cap.

I believe it is at -90%.

I do not know for certain.

Is it feasible to go past it on anything other than seeker? No, not really.

Is it worth it to get there? On Cleric, yes. -Channeling clerics are sexy. ;D
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    There is an inherent design glitch with -channeling.

There is a cap.

Basically, the cap just limits the %, so if you had -120% channeling, it would just work like -90%, or whatever the cap is. Without the cap, you begin to just cast without an animation, it's basically cast without channel. It also glitches animations and such, hence the cap.

I believe it is at -90%.

I do not know for certain.

Is it feasible to go past it on anything other than seeker? No, not really.

Is it worth it to get there? On Cleric, yes. -Channeling clerics are sexy. ;D

Red part is noted as most important thing :D xD who needs to be demon to get the -% on revive? Takes me less to cast it than a normal demon >:] now take that you demons! XD
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    I got this answer from frankie when I asked him myself:

"as for the percentage.. that's one of those nuggets of information that players need to find out for themselves.. "

Sorry guys, doesn't look you're getting any help from the higher-ups on this one.

b:surrender
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well yeah 85-90 is more than enough xD takes less than 0.2 sec. to channel a skill rofl :p what bothers me is the cast time >=o xD but cant reduce that u.u

I was talking about going for -76% chann and like -82% chann. In my opinion would be very hard to judge the time on the two of them. It is just something I don't think I'd want to try to figure out lol. As you said the skill already takes 0.2 sec to cast and with the chann difference I think it would be tough to tell.
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Red part is noted as most important thing :D xD who needs to be demon to get the -% on revive? Takes me less to cast it than a normal demon >:] now take that you demons! XD

I didn't go demon for revive... b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Juriana - Heavens Tear
    Juriana - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2011

True, but don't your Plume Shot/Cyclone macro break? b:surrender

And what about the price for getting -9%/-12% chan ornaments? It doesn't always add up D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    I didn't go demon for revive... b:chuckle
    Don't say because of the red spark or imma kick you XD
    True, but don't your Plume Shot/Cyclone macro break? b:surrender

And what about the price for getting -9%/-12% chan ornaments? It doesn't always add up D:
    I never macro when attacking o.o and no even 2 plume shots can be triggered before a mob dies ^ -^ (i mean before the first one hits the other one is in its way so its x2 hits in less time :D)

Not to mention on pvp it does wonders b:chuckle ask people who try to cancel my channeling b:chuckleb:chuckle

In fact instead of doing cyclone/plume shot i usually do cyclone, wield thunder, cyclone, thunder ball, cyclone, plume shot, cyclone, wield - - - :P more attacks in less time = more damage over time.
  • Jolin - Dreamweaver
    Jolin - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yea like what Sarra said, I think it's 90% most of the time, a wizzy did experiments and posted results on pw china forums, im not sure whether i can still find that, but seems that if you have channeling higher than 99, it would be treated as 90, but if it is between 91-99, it will not be reduced to 90, at least that is what is reflected on eye of observation, im not sure whether the actual channeling is reduced or not. Not really too sure though, i didnt do any testing on that myself, so could be wrong
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Yea like what Sarra said, I think it's 90% most of the time, a wizzy did experiments and posted results on pw china forums, im not sure whether i can still find that, but seems that if you have channeling higher than 99, it would be treated as 90, but if it is between 91-99, it will not be reduced to 90, at least that is what is reflected on eye of observation, im not sure whether the actual channeling is reduced or not. Not really too sure though, i didnt do any testing on that myself, so could be wrong

I did notice a change from 74 - 80, small change but now can cast all the 1 hr buffs with that channeling and before i couldnt (for the most part...) its more often now :p its weird cuz i think ping/lag has a lot to do with channeling as well xD since it's the first thing that hits your speed in-game ^^ hope my 100-200 ping wont affect much on 90% since my plan is getting it to 99% :P

I want instant castb:angryb:laugh
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »

"as for the percentage.. that's one of those nuggets of information that players need to find out for themselves..Because i have no idea. "

Sorry guys, doesn't look you're getting any help from the higher-ups on this one.

Fixed.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »

"as for the percentage.. that's one of those nuggets of information that players need to find out for themselves.. "

. . . thank you for asking kritty, but that did not help much XD it'd be better if they said the don't know anything about it, what if i get it to 103% channeling and i get bugged out? will they fix the bug? because I can surelly get that % in some months b:victoryb:chuckle

From what some friends have tested in servers they say 99% is the cap, 100+ will glitch the skills.

Just imagine~ a tripple sparked instant tempest in TW!! - oooh God imma <insert word> followed by a non-spark-usage siren's kiss <3! (would need a veno to share me a spark there XD)
    Fixed.
    roflmao xD
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    zooming powder, 0 channel time for 5 sec ...

so yeah it goes higher !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • megaseeker
    megaseeker Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    u guyz got almost instant chanel n QQ about the op 5 aps >_>
    huge chanel is stronger than aps >_>
    (maybe not u but lots of spellcasters do)
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited August 2011
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    megaseeker wrote: »

5 aps doesn't have a limit of MP; most of them auto-attack to rebuild their spark, and with BP, they even regain their HP. Also, don't compare a percentage decrease (much, much harder to achieve faster speeds) to an interval decrease...
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Past the -30 and -40's as a cleric, spells break too often. To me there's really no point in having channel past this, especially when demon clerics get the spark channel boost and sage clerics get spammable magic shell. I can only think the excess channel is for e-peen and little else... and quite a waste of money.
    edited August 2011
    megaseeker wrote: »

huh...

Wait... Let me translate this into something you can understand...

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ SKILLS STILL REQUIRE MANA QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited August 2011

The cap is 90%. If you go over you get put back to 90%.

If instant cast was available, you would see more wizards then sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    edited August 2011
    I dunno, I didn't click it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    No one cares about your youtube links. Go count dragoons in your sleep or something.
  • Jasrina - Heavens Tear
    Jasrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I have had -91% channel on my Mystic. When I raised it I believe it reset to 90. I'll have to do some more tests when the server is back up.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If you have a friend with a Jungle Ruins belt your true -channeling is viewable in your player stats.

It is mislabeled as "Mag. Save".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html