I think that Nirvy weapon are a waste.

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    doesnt mean nothing like i said if your gonna make a point about not being able to sell nirvy gear you should make the same comment about the r8 total costs.

anyways fip is just a troll he "quit" the game awhile ago telling everyone everyday to quit the game and yet here he is 100 somehow in just a month or 2. b:bye

Alright, I see it now. Takes me a while when I'm busy fighting a few trolls at the same time while having slept 4 hours and woken up to a re-run of an action-ridden horror nightmare that included people I know and Gregory House from House, M.D.

Indeed, the 72 Gold would be a permanent investment on a farming character. However, that is still a much, much smaller cost than Barrier Thorn: Nirvana. In fact, if you combine the two, you're looking at about 320m coins total. Assuming that you do have the luck of having an Archer or other character to pass the TT99 LA armor and TT99 HA ornaments to, that's still a pretty neat price for a farming character. Especially considering that you could just as well have gotten a Deicide and Nirvana leggings on a BM or Barb and have 5 aps.

Of course, a 4 aps sin has more damage than a 5 aps BM or barb, but if you're going to make a farming alt, might as well make one that gets into every squad and not just some. Though, of course, if you assume Nirvana leggings from the start, then you're comparing 5 aps sin to a 5 aps BM or Barb, which would bring you back to the point of Barrier Thorn: Nirvana and Rank 8 being a rather steep price for a farming character.
    you need a base of 3.33 to perma spark. you cant perma spark with a base of 2.86. even if it sparks into 4.00. i know this because im a 2.86 base that sparks into 4.00. its ALMOST perma but not quite.

Well yes, if you have slight lag or ignore to use Inner Harmony once a while, you'll run into issues with keeping it up just with normal attacks.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    b:shocked how you know all this you tried be4 didnt you

b:sweat Says on the cards themselves...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Well yes, if you have slight lag or ignore to use Inner Harmony once a while, you'll run into issues with keeping it up just with normal attacks.

And that shows you how the game has devolved...people don't realize that sometimes using skills to support your normal attacks is a good idea.
    edited August 2011
    Huh... Well, if you wanna be permasparked on a Sin at anything lower than 2.86, use Cloud Eruption? I'm permasparked on my Sage Sin at 1.67 with that setup... Or 1.43 if I decide to use TT90 daggers.

Using a more or less pure str genie, I can relentless courage to 2.22 with Hook, and 2.0 with TT90. Wind shield gets me to 1.67 with TT90 or 1.82 with Hooks...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    While I agree that gold is extremely high in price, it is set by the players. Yes, the PWE marketing team (again, not the GMs) does have a part in this, what with the endless sales and Rank 9 in the cash shop, but the players choose to spend their hard-earned coin on gold at outrageous prices because they apparently "must have" these items. This causes those who put the gold up at those outrageous prices to feel that they need more and more coin, thus they raise the price. PWE has no direct effect on the gold market, they have an indirect effect. The direct effect is the players who buy out the lower priced gold and resell it at a higher price to make a profit (and I know quite a few of these people personally).

Call it butt-kissing if you will, I am just trying to point out the very large part the greedy populace of PWI plays in the current economy.

Greed or not, if PWI did not have such "intelligent" devs, the greed of the players probably would not have been sparked to this extentb:surrender.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    its always easier to blame devs, gms or game staff... yep w/e
    back to original poster:
    so whats the point of this thread?
    beside complaining of high price of raptures?
    ok u dont want nirvana weapon thats your choise. devs arent going to delete nirvana.
    and all your points are taken as a SIN. well there are other classes around.
    rank gear is worthless for BMS. sprecialy for axe/fist (aps) builds.
    as aps sin u also need nirvana pants, so dont say u dont need nirvana.

and finaly PW software is not only used by PWI, its used by other companies as well, where they dont have rank sales, and rank is harder to get than nirvana.
    if u dont like it dont use it.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Every Rank 8 weapon cost 72gold which will cost about 90mil coins. a G13 weapon is weaker and cost atleast 200mil coins + tt99 mats. The only weapon your probably thinking that is betterthan rank 8 is the 5aps nirvy dagger. Well its not a big difference and i think the rank 8 dagger is always cheaper. And you can still solo anything with a 3.33aps +10 rank 8 dagger and kill bosses maybe 15 seconds less than a 5aps +10 nirvy dagger. And ofcourse the rank 8 is alot of powerful with the attack max stats +4% crit. and 2sockets. Other than than all other nirvy weapon is weaker. Now if your gonna spend 500m on a g15 nirvy with a good chance at 1socket. Might as well plan for a rank 9 weapon. That is why i think nirvy are now useless and a big waste of money. Or you can spend that 500m to +12 a rank 8 weapon and you can always get the rank 9 ring with 210+attack for like 200m i heard.

1) Nice double post on sin forums and general discussion, where your post is even more non-sence.

2) Not all classes use only 1 weapon 90%+ of the time. Bm's can get only 1 r8 weapon, archers can't get fists, sin can't get bow, etc. Nor do they have all the options as r9.

3) Having a G13/G15 vana weap (for instance magic weap) you share with wizzard, mystic, veno and cleric is cheaper then buying r8 for each of them.

4) G13 (or G15) can have some add you want that r8 (or r9) doesn't have. I'm thinking about the purge add on G13 bow for an archer for tw or -int on daggers.

5) R8 used to be 20times more expensive then g13 vana, not to mention r9 being impossible to get. For those who got vana weap at that time, it will still be cheaper to just stick with vana weapon.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    What I want, R8 doesn't have. Nirvana has dual swords, and I've been investing in dual swords since lvl50. When I saw them, I changed my mind about going full r8 entirely(and after comparing) and going for full nirvana. It'll take a long time, but nirvana has exactly what I want.
  • Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver
    Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I thought that once you got your General's Badge. R8 gear only costs 1m a piece, that's what I hear. Unless the weapon costs more. b:surrender Which would suck!!!!!
  • Ramesha - Heavens Tear
    Ramesha - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i just think its funny how the only thing people are discussing is daggers nirvana weapons are also good for stage 2 claws which are used by BMs, barbs and archers.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i just think its funny how the only thing people are discussing is daggers nirvana weapons are also good for stage 2 claws which are used by BMs, barbs and archers.

Silly, everyone knows it fish or gtfo.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Ramesha - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Silly, everyone knows it fish or gtfo.

i think i do a decent job of keeping up with almost any sin that does not have R9 daggers as a BM but thats just because i was willing to put the effort into my class. b:laugh
    edited August 2011
    i think i do a decent job of keeping up with almost any sin that does not have R9 daggers as a BM but thats just because i was willing to put the effort into my class. b:laugh

I said fish not sin, tbh I've been finding any sin whos not over +10 kind of easy lately. (The new born hyper baby ones anyways) But it's psys that are annoying! Everything I do stuns/seals meeeee b:angry
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • Ramesha - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    I said fish not sin, tbh I've been finding any sin whos not over +10 kind of easy lately. (The new born hyper baby ones anyways) But it's psys that are annoying! Everything I do stuns/seals meeeee b:angry

have you tried adding will surge to your genie? prevents that nasty seal from soul of silence for a few seconds.
    edited August 2011
    have you tried adding will surge to your genie? prevents that nasty seal from soul of silence for a few seconds.

Nopers, I have badge for stuns but my genie doesn't have enough skill slots for a skill just for the nasty psys :p
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • Ramesha - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Nopers, I have badge for stuns but my genie doesn't have enough skill slots for a skill just for the nasty psys :p

ya i don't have slots for it on my main genie but i have a different genie that i have it on when i run into some psys in pk.
    edited August 2011
    I have an FCC genie, a second FCC genie, a TW genie, a grinding genie, a trash genie, and a 'I have no idea what to do with this genie' genie.

Only two of them are going to make it to level 100+, one is gold, the other will go gold at 100 I seriously hope (or I'll stab something).

I think I've put more spirit into these damn genies than skills. >_>

I haven't really run into a Psy that I coudln't kill yet in TW. But... I've been out of TW for ~8 months now, and last Psy I killed was level 80-something.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Oh god.. not this thread again.

/facepalm
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited August 2011
    I have an FCC genie, a second FCC genie, a TW genie, a grinding genie, a trash genie, and a 'I have no idea what to do with this genie' genie.

Only two of them are going to make it to level 100+, one is gold, the other will go gold at 100 I seriously hope (or I'll stab something).

I think I've put more spirit into these damn genies than skills. >_>

I haven't really run into a Psy that I coudln't kill yet in TW. But... I've been out of TW for ~8 months now, and last Psy I killed was level 80-something.

Psys at that level don't have the soulforce to be as annoying as the later ones.

Edit: wtf invasion of lvl 105 blademasters! x/x
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • Ramesha - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011

b:chuckle
    edited August 2011
    Psys at that level don't have the soulforce to be as annoying as the later ones.

When they want to, they can still cause mass havoc in large pushes... Especially when everyone bunches up and their AOE's can hit everyone in your faction at once. b:sweat
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    edited August 2011

Totally useful and relevant post. Keep it up.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited August 2011
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You totally changed my mind. >_> Instead of farming Nirvana, I'm going to go rob a bank, and use the $72 I take to buy R8.

Awesome Article, Son.

^ /thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Why would a wizard have will surge on their genie lmao... they'd want to save the slots for stuff like badge , fortify, SD, EP, holy path, spark, etc against HA/LA. Wizards fighting psychics or other AA doesn't happen much as a non priority target... R9 archers are usually doing this job. Besides, wizzies with epic DPH skills would be better off with just popping an immunity pot with damage increasing skills like EP/spark with a BT. Will surge costs too much energy and is mainly for DPS weapons, law breaker is better for DPH if it's a str genie. Law breaker works wonders for a R9 bm DPH against R9 psys.

edited August 2011
    Why would a wizard have will surge on their genie lmao... they'd want to save the slots for stuff like badge , fortify, SD, EP, holy path, spark, etc against HA/LA. Wizards fighting psychics or other AA doesn't happen much as a non priority target... R9 archers are usually doing this job. Besides, wizzies with epic DPH skills would be better off with just popping an immunity pot with damage increasing skills like EP/spark with a BT. Will surge costs too much energy and is mainly for DPS weapons, law breaker is better for DPH.

I can recall doing a TW against another lower faction... They didn't have many players, so their Psys cast SoV on their barbs. QQ Was awful.

But yeah, never seen a Wiz try killing a Psy in TW... Except for maybe a rare LA or HA caster. Gone up against some LA Clerics, those are a pain if they are well geared. They don't do a whole lot back sometimes, but they can be hard to kill.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    I mean unless it's for 1v1, I don't see why you wouldn't fill your genie up with more priority skills rather than put on skills that would be only used in a rare occasion. It's like BMs putting on expel for that rare sin gank, meh. I'd want to keep the slots open for skills I'd use all the time lol.

edited August 2011
    I mean unless it's for 1v1, I don't see why you wouldn't fill your genie up with more priority skills rather than put on skills that would be only used in a rare occasion. It's like BMs putting on expel for that rare sin gank, meh. I'd want to keep the slots open for skills I'd use all the time lol.

http://i56.tinypic.com/24kxthl.jpg
    Whats your genie dan?

Back on topic, nirvanas useless okay? Thanks =] +6 rank 8 = +10 grade second cast nirvana lol. Unless its nirvana claws because those look SOOO amazing(wtb bm), rank 8 for the wiz looks like aweird fish hook thing.. =/

Edi: Seriously look at them! http://imageshack.us/f/842/20100726034513.png/ b:dirty (the claws boys)
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    http://i56.tinypic.com/24kxthl.jpg
    Whats your genie dan?

Back on topic, nirvanas useless okay? Thanks =] +6 rank 8 = +10 grade second cast nirvana lol. Unless its nirvana claws because those look SOOO amazing(wtb bm), rank 8 for the wiz looks like aweird fish hook thing.. =/

Edi: Seriously look at them! http://imageshack.us/f/842/20100726034513.png/ b:dirty

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13970641&postcount=9

Chi drain is for 1v1, Mass PvP I replace the two chi drain skills with Fortify / Law Breaker (or Tangling Mire if I want to fight more offensively).

I don't have a wizard myself, but I've 1v1ed enough times against a Wizard to know you want to have a 100 Dex genie with fortify , badge, spark, etc. You look like you're on the right path for your wizard except I'd remove wind shield for AD lol.

I happen to know that BM from Sanc lol... Except haven't seen them around in like a year +.

Wiz pic is hawt stuff btw!