edited August 2011
    thats a vague question.....
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    better for whom, and what do you count as "better"?

gold prices aren't likely going up much further. we already have rep AND orbs AND packs on sale, and on HT at least gold's fluctuating normally with no huge climbs happening; what else could they put on to pump it higher? well, uncannies and raptures in the boutique directly maybe...

"better" in the sense of gold prices dropping? sure. two months without packs or rep on sale, nothing but fashion and random pigments and luxury items like that. gold'd be below a million each after that, and the forums would be in total meltdown over the 25k+ token prices.

better in the sense of bringing PWE more income? their marketing departments' best efforts at that is exactly what we're currently seeing. is it working? only PWE's billing department would know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2011
    ...gold prices aren't likely going up much further....

We said that when it was 500k. Then it jumped to a mil and we said that again. Now it hovers at 1.3-1.5mil. I fully expect 2m to be "the norm" by Christmas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    We said that when it was 500k. Then it jumped to a mil and we said that again. Now it hovers at 1.3-1.5mil. I fully expect 2m to be "the norm" by Christmas.

good point, although i still think they'd have to come up with something brand new to stick in the cash shop in order to drive it there. they're already using pretty much every method they've increased gold prices with so far, and it's not driving them any higher; they'll have to get creative to push it beyond two mil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, I'd be very surprised to see gold go above the current 1.1-1.2 mill per. It would definitely require some sort of new item in the shop. Ever since the "age of continual sales" began, gold has stayed around that price, and since at this very moment, almost every single high volume consumption item is on sale (packs/dorbs/rep/charms) I would be extremely surprised to see gold jump once more.

Gold was at a norm of 500k back before pwi decided to chain their high output sales together into one big long string. Now that they have done that...theres not much else they can do to boost gold.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    good point, although i still think they'd have to come up with something brand new to stick in the cash shop in order to drive it there. they're already using pretty much every method they've increased gold prices with so far, and it's not driving them any higher; they'll have to get creative to push it beyond two mil.

Warsoul fragments in the boutique. That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011

eh, they'd have to make it cheaper than a rank 9 ring+weapon or there'd not be much point. but yeah, it's bound to happen eventually.
  • HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
    HardnHeavy - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ''Ruining'' PWE's wallet for a long time could have a chance to make economy better but it's impossible and too late anyway.
  • Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2011

nah... not warsoul fragments, warsoul packs... PACKS! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    eh, they'd have to make it cheaper than a rank 9 ring+weapon or there'd not be much point. but yeah, it's bound to happen eventually.

r9 ring + weapon is roughly 900 gold now, they could make warsoul fragments 1 gold each in the boutique and it would still be cheaper (you need 700 fragments) and about the same cost as a rank 9 weapon in itself.

And we thought rank 9 was bad, just wait until the clueless cashshoppers can get such power as soon as level 80 b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]