Change Assassin Short name from Sin

Options
thedarkdavid
thedarkdavid Posts: 68 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Assassin
i dont think Sin is a proper nickname for Assassins to me it seems as if its a new class that was added to the game. to many new players get confused real fast by calling Assassins Sin,

i think they should be nicknamed Asas (cant add the S's that would be there got to keep it appropriate)

with them being nicknamed Asas it would be easier to understand expecially for new players what class someone is talking about

Sin= Assassin dont see any connections, to any new players your talking about another class other than assassin

Asas= Assassins Looks familiar able to see it being the assassin class even if new

the whole calling Sin= Assassins through me off big when i came back to game until i was told what they are, and i still refuse to call Assassins Sin
Archosaur----|
Dreamweaver
Aksar_Rain---|
Frosteria
HealentRyuon
|
Tsukanimia
Aimselina
|
Maybiki
Guardiantryu
|
Vyambia
MY NOT BEING DELETED ALTS ON 2 SERVERS> FEAR THE DARK DAVID
Post edited by thedarkdavid on

Comments

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    No. b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    **** no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    <_< This discussion came up alot when sins and psys just came out, and the "short name" for the class is one created by the players, not the GMs or anyone else. People will call them whatever is easiest. Calling them Asas seems a little odd, imo. XD A funny quip from someone when they first came out comes to mind, but it's not really appropriate for the forum. <w<

Also, I've noticed that alot of new players get the connection between Assassin = Sin almost immediately, so long as they're not like, 9 years old. I don't see a problem there. O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    In every game that I've played with Assassins, they've been referred by either "Assa" or "sin".

In Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction, this gets particularly amusing when you have the build-specific names, such as trapsin, wwsin, hybsin, ghostsin and kicksin. Some of them even drop the whole "sin" part and you end up with trapper, ghost and kicker.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Why do we even post b:shutup ???

Go tell that to a million of people who call them sins and tell them not too. If u succeed , ill dress up like Bob Squarepants and go out in public in front of the Ministry of Culture in greece singing Robbie Williams songs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    On other country / community they also called :

Asinan
    Assass
    ^above but only 3 words
    Assx
    Asin
    SS
    Sissy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    In every game that I've played with Assassins, they've been referred by either "Assa" or "sin".

In Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction, this gets particularly amusing when you have the build-specific names, such as trapsin, wwsin, hybsin, ghostsin and kicksin. Some of them even drop the whole "sin" part and you end up with trapper, ghost and kicker.

I know this all too well b:laugh

@OP I really don't get how you can't connect Sin with Assassin, as it's part of the name.

I've also known them as *** as well. I mean, it's a pun, because some Assassins I run into are ***** themselves.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Just call them ''Fish'' or ''Fishes''
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    *****? 3 letter word for a shortened version of "Assassins" is blocked... Sin was picked by the players. Try to change the nomenclature any other way and the popular vote would just bring it back?
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Totally agreed, its up to the players how they call them...

Barbarian > Barb/Kitty/Tank/Fluffy and whatnot
    Blademaster > BM at most cases but sometimes Tank.
    Assasin > Sin on this game, i used to play another online game where Sin's nickname was Assa. So yea, Assa combined to our Sin slang Assa + sin = Assasin (Damn i rock in math)

And if the majority of players already call them that way, there's no way you can change them, even by beating them up. But imo its easier for the newbies to ask anyone "What's a sin?" simple to answer, isnt it?
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • Elommir - Dreamweaver
    Elommir - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i dont think Sin is a proper nickname for Assassins to me it seems as if its a new class that was added to the game. to many new players get confused real fast by calling Assassins Sin,

i think they should be nicknamed Asas (cant add the S's that would be there got to keep it appropriate)

with them being nicknamed Asas it would be easier to understand expecially for new players what class someone is talking about

Sin= Assassin dont see any connections, to any new players your talking about another class other than assassin

Asas= Assassins Looks familiar able to see it being the assassin class even if new

the whole calling Sin= Assassins through me off big when i came back to game until i was told what they are, and i still refuse to call Assassins Sin
    NO,Sin sounds better.Keep it as it is.
    Why don't we call them as.s!?!?
    maybe we should call them a.s.s.a.s.s.i.n.s as well.
    Totally agreed, its up to the players how they call them...

Barbarian > Barb/Kitty/Tank/Fluffy and whatnot I just call them barbies :PBlademaster > BM at most cases but sometimes Tank. Assasin > Sin on this game, i used to play another online game where Sin's nickname was Assa. So yea, Assa combined to our Sin slang Assa + sin = Assasin (Damn i rock in math)

And if the majority of players already call them that way, there's no way you can change them, even by beating them up. But imo its easier for the newbies to ask anyone "What's a sin?" simple to answer, isnt it?
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Do you want to be called an A$$ instead?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Fine...
    A$$! A$$! In!
    Sounds like a g@y hentai.
    Perfect!
  • Aznking - Dreamweaver
    Aznking - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    b:chuckle well if u typed A$$A$$in in pwi chat u get ******in so that wont work b:laugh
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sissy

Perfect.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Fine...
    A$$! A$$! In!
    Sounds like a g@y hentai.
    Perfect!
    Yaoi \o/
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yaoi \o/

b:dirty b:thanks b:chuckle