Practice bouts from the PWIC

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share with you a couple of the practice matches that took place last night on the PWIC server. We played the Chinese team a couple of times to some pretty even matches. Susamajii desperately wanted me to mention here that, for the first fight (which we lost), he was ported out right before the fight started, only to reappear in the instance about 30 seconds in.

Hope you like them :)

Bout 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4wTcUukD8

Bout 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6x-UIjD2Ts
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    For those watching and wondering how these players kept anti stunning.

Each player was given a weapon token that they could turn in for a *Special GM* Warsoul Weapon. Two of the magic weapons have a word bonus called "Purify Spell" on them. It's like the guild base weapon. It purifies you then anti-stuns you and boosts your speed by 200% for 5 seconds. (Rather overpowered) One of their wizards and their veno had this weapon. It activates upon you getting hit so every 3-5 hits their weapon would purify them and anti-stun them making them ridiculously hard to lock up and kill.

We did a 5v5 no EP because only 5 of us were on and Fisga was one of the one's not on. In the first match I got randomly ported out right as the tournament started and came in 30 seconds late. Other then that the China team is pretty good they are made of BM, 2 Mage, Psy, EP, Archer, and Veno. We agreed to give them barb buff in exchange for EP buffs since ours was offline. Unfortunately for them, for the actual tournament you are only allowed to have buffs that your party can provide so they won't have barb buffs for the real tournament.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    There better be some Nickelback in these videos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    desperately wanted me to mention here that, for the first fight (which we lost), he was ported out right before the fight started, only to reappear in the instance about 30 seconds in.

LOL, those weapons sound pretty awesome. I wish cleric purify did all that. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • frankieraye
    edited August 2011
    There better be some Nickelback in these videos.

Sadly, I haven't procured Chad Kroeger's express written consent yet :\
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You guys need an archer D:
    Don't you see how hard it is to kill the kiting wiz?

I noticed the floaty balls give you buffs.

Red = detection (darker aura)
    Yellow = increased speed
    Green = chi gain (explosion)
    Blue = ???

I don't recognize that blue status icon. You can see it on the sin here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6x-UIjD2Ts&t=4m38s

Anyone knows which one that is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    You guys need an archer D:
    Don't you see how hard it is to kill the kiting wiz?

I noticed the floaty balls give you buffs.

Red = detection (darker aura)
    Yellow = increased speed
    Green = chi gain (explosion)
    Blue = ???

I don't recognize that blue status icon. You can see it on the sin here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6x-UIjD2Ts&t=4m38s

Anyone knows which one that is?

I already stated why it was so hard to kill that wizard pwicchnn17. He was the wizard with the weapon that had purify spell on it. Every time I locked him up after 3 hits it would proc and he would run away or shrink away.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Fisga - Lost City
    Fisga - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    For those watching and wondering how these players kept anti stunning.

Each player was given a weapon token that they could turn in for a *Special GM* Warsoul Weapon. Two of the magic weapons have a word bonus called "Purify Spell" on them. It's like the guild base weapon. It purifies you then anti-stuns you and boosts your speed by 200% for 5 seconds. (Rather overpowered) One of their wizards and their veno had this weapon. It activates upon you getting hit so every 3-5 hits their weapon would purify them and anti-stun them making them ridiculously hard to lock up and kill.

We did a 5v5 no EP because only 5 of us were on and Fisga was one of the one's not on. In the first match I got randomly ported out right as the tournament started and came in 30 seconds late. Other then that the China team is pretty good they are made of BM, 2 Mage, Psy, EP, Archer, and Veno. We agreed to give them barb buff in exchange for EP buffs since ours was offline. Unfortunately for them, for the actual tournament you are only allowed to have buffs that your party can provide so they won't have barb buffs for the real tournament.

Hard to be on line when frankieraye email says day 12 at 7PM and practice was on 11th 7PM -.-
    100% F2P PWIC Finalist Cleric b:victory
    You registered on: 2008-07-31 23:11:17 :P
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Hard to be on line when frankieraye email says day 12 at 7PM and practice was on 11th 7PM -.-

lol XD I was just stating what the agreement was before the match started. 5v5 no EPs :(
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
    edited August 2011
    I already stated why it was so hard to kill that wizard pwicchnn17. He was the wizard with the weapon that had purify spell on it. Every time I locked him up after 3 hits it would proc and he would run away or shrink away.

If only there was a ranged physical damage delear that doesn't need to lock a wiz down to continue attacking...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Fisga - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    If only there was a ranged physical damage delear that doesn't need to lock a wiz down to continue attacking...

Wow, a 105 Archer? some1 doing too many special frosts b:laugh
  • frankieraye
    edited August 2011

Sorry Fisga, I actually forwarded you the email from China, where they are a day ahead of us. That's what led to the confusion.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited August 2011

Fair enough but if he didn't have the weapon he woulda died alot sooner too :P
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Sorry Fisga, I actually forwarded you the email from China, where they are a day ahead of us. That's what led to the confusion.

...Oops?

b:chuckle
  • Dawnx_ - Harshlands
    Dawnx_ - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Gl hope you win. GO U.S.A.!!!!
    The Tunnel Snakes would've sneezed in the Chinese team's general direction and the server would've exploded due to an overload of sheer awsumness.

That's why we weren't allowed in the tournament.

That would be epic lmao.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    Dawnx- 100 Demon Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Mystic.
    Doom_Panda- 101 R9 Barb 23k HP. :D
    PsychicTuna- 90 Sage Psychic.

PANDAS FTW!!!
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The Tunnel Snakes would've sneezed in the Chinese team's general direction and the server would've exploded due to an overload of sheer awsumness.

That's why we weren't allowed in the tournament.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Wow, a 105 Archer? some1 doing too many special frosts b:laugh

Coming from the first ever 105 period >.>

I know it wasnt via the glitch, I just think thats funny >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Fisga - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Coming from the first ever 105 period >.>

I know it wasnt via the glitch, I just think thats funny >.>

I don't know how bad is on your server, but here in lost City even Sage Sins are getting 105 b:surrender
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    Vorbane - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    This is so boring. Hard to differentiate whos who with an outsiders perspective. battles look dumb and long due to over powered r9+12 being the standard. Wow.
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ty for video and intention but u need get better at that or at least stop moving so much i hardly understand anything at allb:surrender
    try like fly 10m up and stand still when player engage anywayb:shutup
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    This is so boring. Hard to differentiate whos who with an outsiders perspective. battles look dumb and long due to over powered r9+12 being the standard. Wow.

Then don't watch? b:sweat
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • PopAndDie - Archosaur
    PopAndDie - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    the genies are 100/100 Disciplines ?
    edited August 2011
    Hey since everyone is in R9 there is no real point in showing armor.

Why not use fashion and give a RED uniform to one team and a BLUE uniform to the other?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Why not use fashion and give a RED uniform to one team and a BLUE uniform to the other?

That would just be too easy, wouldn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    too much auto attacking from BM and barb.. at least the barb used some skills..
    BM with R9 gear auto attacking with axes.. very pro
    u had axes.. the point of axes is Aoe
    ijs
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I think it's awesome, every one has the same benefit from end gear for there class.

Compared to the visa pvp we know in game.

This is a tournament to see who is the best pvper, not the best cser.

:3

Good luck USA team !

:3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited August 2011

There is no fashion. Team USA ran around in their underpants everyone else showed armor.
    the genies are 100/100 Disciplines ?

The genies are 100/100 and called an All Arounder Genie. It has all the starting skills except windforce and a growth of 100. All stats start at 5 though, and the genies are 105.
    ty for video and intention but u need get better at that or at least stop moving so much i hardly understand anything at allb:surrender
    try like fly 10m up and stand still when player engage anywayb:shutup

All the names are stupidly similar. They all start with pwic then follow with the 3 letter abbreviation of your country, the letter n then a 2 digit number.

Our team is obviously pwicusanXX, but I agree it is hard to tell who is who due to this poor naming system.

Read my reply to Nyxyo for differentiating between countries. Everyone has r9 +12 so how is that over powered? We are all on equal ground in gear now it just comes down to teamwork and playing your class well. Battles are long but that's because the people playing are good. If Frankie posts the Brazil fight you will see a shorter fight because they are bad.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Wow.....They gave you guys 100/100 genies that are lvl 105.....

>_>....China team kiss your *** goodbye cause everybody in U.S. is so used to fighting r9 now we know how to develop our genies to kick their *****....but anywho, Good luck with the china team...as for the rest make sure you don't **** on them too much.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Give 'em hell for us, guys! b:victory
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i loved to see Sins needing to go DPH espially since quickclaw said dph sins suck and he wouldnt go to tourny.Thats why lol at squad chat
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game