which boots i should choose?

shiaaa333
shiaaa333 Posts: 174 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Cleric
bonus
one's phys res + 69
the other's vit +3 hp+60

other features r the same. which one's better?
Post edited by shiaaa333 on

Comments

• Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    In all honesty, it depends on what the rest of your stats are. Both p.def and hp are necessary. Also look at factors such as refining for HP, sharding with garnets/citrines to cover your loss in either direction, etc.
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    i forgot to say im mag build 9 mag 1 str every 2 lv kinda cleric...
    my current hp's abt 2k and my phys res is 1935 after buff
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    69 phys res isn't enough to make any difference you'd notice, not unless your phys res is downright pitifully low --- in which case you should be fixing it by other means anyway, not by picking different boots. (sharding, ornaments choice, ...)

3 vit is 30 hp, plus some extra hp regen, plus the 60 extra hp still for a total of +90 hp... it's still not a lot, but i'll pretty much guarantee it'll do you more good than 69 pdef would.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    In all honesty, it depends on what the rest of your stats are. Both p.def and hp are necessary. Also look at factors such as refining for HP, sharding with garnets/citrines to cover your loss in either direction, etc.
    69 phys res isn't enough to make any difference you'd notice, not unless your phys res is downright pitifully low --- in which case you should be fixing it by other means anyway, not by picking different boots. (sharding, ornaments choice, ...)

3 vit is 30 hp, plus some extra hp regen, plus the 60 extra hp still for a total of +90 hp... it's still not a lot, but i'll pretty much guarantee it'll do you more good than 69 pdef would.

but the boots have phys res +67 already i mean phys res +69 is the bonus...so yea im talkin abt the bonus difference here...
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    shiaaa333 wrote: »
    but the boots have phys res +67 already i mean phys res +69 is the bonus...so yea im talkin abt the bonus difference here...

every set of boots have SOME phys res by default. i'm assuming the +vit ones come with some too, so yeah, i too am comparing the bonuses between the sets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    yes as i said the other features of them r the same except for the bonus:
    one's phys res + 69
    the other's vit +3 hp+60

so basically wer comparing phys res + 69+67 or phys res +67 vit+3 hp +60

which one's better? phys res + 136? or phys res +67 hp+90?
    edited August 2011
    Like Lenie said, the hp boots will be better for you. You've got almost 2k p.def, so the +67 isn't going to make that big of a difference. If you hover over the p.def in your character sheet, it'll tell you what percentage of incoming damage is reduced. Adding 67 p.def isn't going to raise you a % with your base, so the HP is much more beneficial.

If you would have had something closer to 800 p.def, then the p.def boots might have been a better choice.
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    do u mean my other gears? if i added it up all my other gears' phys res it's abt 800 p def...
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    It really depends on your level, but I'd say the +vit/+hp ones are better since hp does improve your margin of survivability vs mag and phys damage more so than the +69 pdef would.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    im lv73 now but its only 90hp... while the other's 136 p def
    edited August 2011
    TL;DR: In this case, the HP boots are better.

When I said 800 p.def, I meant buffed, not unbuffed.

The point I was trying to make was that just saying "I have the choice between X and Y piece of gear" is somewhat meaningless if we don't have any other information about your build.

Here's a sample (somewhat broken) build: http://pwcalc.com/8dc7f3107d746e17

Note the p.def on this build. It's sickeningly low. If you hover over the "Physical Def." label on the left side, it tells you that incoming physical damage is reduced by 12%. If you went with the p.def boots, that one stat gets bumped up to 14%. If you had the above gear, a little extra hp isn't going to make hardly any difference when you face physical mobs.

Since you have the option of choosing boots at this point, going with the p.def boots and sharding them with garnets would help get you back on the right track. Other improvements, such as kicking the elemental ornaments in favor of physical ones could be done at the same time.

Just because something looks better in a vacuum doesn't mean that it's the best for you.

And what Decus said about level is important as well. I've seen level 46 boots with over 100 p.def in adds. At that low of a level, p.def would probably be the better choice.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Simple answer -->

Get the vit/hp boots and put in like 2 average/flaw garnets for pdef
    Get the pdef boots and put in like 2 average/flaw citrines for hp

^ That way you get both and problem solved, either way at level 73 it will not matter too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    but the boots come with no sockets....b:sad

so do u mean my p def after buff is pretty good enough? no need to add 136 p def ? shud go with 90 hp?
  • Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    one more vote for + vit and hp :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    but the boots come with no sockets....b:sad

so do u mean my p def after buff is pretty good enough? no need to add 136 p def ? shud go with 90 hp?

Stop adding the bqse pdef on the boots into the decision making. They both have some pdef. Yes 90 HP is a lot better than 68 pdef trust me. Seems like you're resisting everyone's advice. No matter how many people say go HP boots you keep restating your question. If you want pdef then use it. Don't ask a question then completely ignore every response you get, what's the point of asking it in the first place?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    lol bcoz... its 136 p def not 68...! or i really dont get it? i mean one's 136 p def in total the other's 67 p def + 90hp in total...
    edited August 2011
    NO you fuucking idiot its 136 total. Youre comparing 136 pdef to 90 hp. No. Stop. Just please fuucking stop and think.

They BOTH come with Pdef on them, the same damn amount. ONE has EXTRA 68 pdef, one has EXTRA 90 HP. Compare THOSE ADDITIONAL STATS!!!

God how thick is your skull holy shiit.

And yes Im mad and nerd raging because your stupidity is annoying me. Just wear the fuucking pdef ones since youre so god damn attached to them. 10+ people have already said HP is better, while a whopping 0 have reocmmended the pdef ones. Yet you still keep asking if we're sure and leaning towards the pdef ones. Just use them since youre clearing not listening to anything we're saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    b:shocked so u mean 90hp is better than 69 p ef ? why?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Duuh.... you don't have to ask if you prefer the +DEF boots. b:shedtear
    Just wear it already. b:cry

I think the simple way =
    Squishy + phy def + ih = didn't work so well
    Squishy + hp + ih = wonder

Defense eventually would give you less benefit after certain points, hp have no limit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited August 2011

Are you retarrded? It's been explained at least 5 times in this thread already. 69 pdef gives you no benefit. None. Alters damage taken by 0%. While 90 HP will increase survivability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Are you retarrded? It's been explained at least 5 times in this thread already. 69 pdef gives you no benefit. None. Alters damage taken by 0%. While 90 HP will increase survivability.

That's an awfully simplistic and ignorant way to look at it. 69 pdef on it's own may not seem much, but it's multiplied on by BM's buff (which is more common lately than a Barb buff), other def factors, as well as our own pdef buffs. Also; your 0% figure is rounded and applies to same level mobs.

90 HP; why that's only 0% of your entire HP!
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Just wear the boots.... that you like... b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...