About sales...

zizoun
zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Just wondering why pwi is putting those kind of "idiotic" sales...

For example 2000x feathers or SoF for a legendary pet for a veno for 45 gold?? so 225 gold in total... when normally you have to pay 125-150 gold in the normal way? sounds like a "scam" for newbies to me.

10 teleacoustics for 45 silver??? sounds like a joke... use 11 tokens get 10 teleacoustics lol

and so on with socket stones, mystical pages... really guys

Do you think PWE has no idea about ingame stuff or they really try to scam the careless people?? discuss
Post edited by zizoun on

Comments

• Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    They put pretty much everything for sale even if you can get it for much cheaper.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I dont see any reason to charge zen at the moment. The sales are meh expect the dorbs , im stocked with charms for eternety and the rest is ****. The only way to make me charge zen is a bonus zen offer for 15% more , not that get free mount ****.

So i can stock up gold for the next interesting sale.
    I hate Room 38
  • Teje - Dreamweaver
    Teje - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    zizoun wrote: »
    Just wondering why pwi is putting those kind of "idiotic" sales...

For example 2000x feathers or SoF for a legendary pet for a veno for 45 gold?? so 225 gold in total... when normally you have to pay 125-150 gold in the normal way? sounds like a "scam" for newbies to me.

Depending on your luck, you could also pay way more than 225. If bought battle packs the 'old' way and average 25 per pack, you still be paying 200 gold. You would have to be very lucky to only pay 125 gold, that's a average of 40 per pack.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Why not ? They always has those overpriced mats for sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • MystikDragon - Dreamweaver
    MystikDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I think it is because of the gold prices nowadays, A few years ago gold was like a 200-500k and they're just to lazy to change the boutique prices too the current gold prices because if you can buy gold for lets say 300k the 10 tele's for 45 silver sounds more reasonable.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    They're just putting the PF and SoF in at this price, so in a few weeks they can say SALE SALE 50% OFF!! pretending it's actually a bargain.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I think it is because of the gold prices nowadays, A few years ago gold was like a 200-500k and they're just to lazy to change the boutique prices too the current gold prices because if you can buy gold for lets say 300k the 10 tele's for 45 silver sounds more reasonable.

Just a lil gold price recap:

When i started playing (Jan 09) gold was 80-120k

-Late Apr/May 09, introduction of Chest of coins > 1mil coin for 5gold (perfect hammer) = 200k gold

-1st Sept 09, introduction of 1st pack (Anniversary) > gold went 300-400k

-QQ of various type

-Dec. something 09, Tideborn Patch > QQ moar (stupid OP fishes)

-Endless list of packs creation > gold stabilized @ 400k more or less

-Time pass, some ppl quitted. I personally was on pause...

-Many other thing i dont quite remember atm

-PW trying to fix economy (TW pays, DQ 20%)

-R9 introduction, Rank sale > gold sky rocketed @ 1-2mil and stablized at 1.4mil

Well, i might have missed something and something might be wrong (not so sure on chest of coins). But the milestones of gold price increase i can remember are just a few.

Chest of coins, Packs and Reputation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • MissEva - Dreamweaver
    MissEva - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I posted this on the comment page for the sale itself but its so accurate...

There is a guy who sells wines by BH. One will be for 140 and the other for 410. He hopes to catch people who arnt paying attention into buying his overinflated price. Its a scam plain and simple and PWI is running that formula here. They are ripping off people who cant do simple math and thats so wrong on so many levels. Essentially they are cheating underage children into the "easy" purchase.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Also any time there is some kind of QQ about sales (even if it is actually a well reasoned debate which is completely legit), it will get moved to some 200 page plus thread because it's "Spamming the forums". The cynic in me thinks that it's just so they can dump everything into 1 spot where it can be ignored.

And yeah, they are basically scamming them. They can just put up endless sales because they are literally selling nothing. So what if they lower the price, they still get profits..probably more, because people buy it more often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Just because PW makes a sale doesn't mean people inherently become stupid and jump all over it -- proven time and time again with gem pack sales. There will always be the extreme few who are idiots. Most people will realize that there are still nix/herc tickets being sold around 100m, so why pay around 300m for something you can get for a third of the price?

Yes, PW will make stupid sales. This is one. They also have a sale on inventory extension stones for 1 gold 50 silver (from normal 32 slots would be another 32 so 1.5*4 = 6 gold) while selling a super inventory stone for 3 gold to achieve the same thing. So by OP's logic, they are trying to trick people by putting on sale inventory extensions which would cost more to max out than the super inventory stone. Really this logic does not fly as it presumes people are little puppets without free will who get their strings pulled by puppet master PW. This is a bit ridiculous, as there will always be the few who stupidly buy the far more expensive thing. Most people in game profit off stupid people. Let them be stupid, that's their freedom, and make your own wise choices.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Fail sales are PWI's specialty. Though as far as the PF/SoF sales, those are technically not so scammy.

Yes, average amount per pack is 20 PF/SoF, but, luck can and will go bad for some people; worst case scenario is getting all 9999 PF/SoF in increments of 10 per pack, which would amount to 500 Gold in Battle Pet Packs, or 250 during a 50% off sale. That is not counting the extra 10-90 you would them possibly need to switch from PF to SoF, or vice versa.

And I have this kind of luck with everything chance-related in this game. This is why I am glad that my boyfriend got lucky last month with Perfect Chests and got me a Herc ticket.

However, PWI still fails at the PF/SoF sale solely because they put the Herc and Nix tickets in the Perfect chests. Add on the fact that such sale was only last month, so there are still a decent amount of Legendary Pet tickets to be sold for much low than the cost of Battle Pet Packs or this fail bulk sale.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i looked at the annoucement about the bulk sof/pf, looked at my alt, and said "oooh cr*****!"

then i looked at the price, and just laughed 0.o

i understand the old sales, they dont adjust for what prices are in game, but a new sale, and they still dont.... just funny
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    This sale was actually brilliant, sold off all my left over phoenix feathers from last battle pack sale as they seemed to be real cheap now b:laugh
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The sale to me is a mix of good and bad..

Tele's : Stupid

Herc and Nix "mats" : Stupid

Account stash : About time

"Storage" stones : For those who don't have yet , it's nice.

Packs : Omg, i'm so surprised..
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Why are you still surprised by this? All the **** on sale last week, tome pages, guardian scrolls and w/e, are all cheaper to get with tokens.

You are reasoning under the assumption that PWE actually know what the gold price is. Like I said, the sale decisions are run by someone's pet monkey.
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Brazenbusboy is going to defend PWI! (Has he accepted hypers under the table?)

The Herc and Nix sale is one of convenience.

The whole gather 60 million packs and clickly clickly clickly 50 times each is worth paying a premium to bypass, which is what this deal is.

It is not a bargain.

It is paying a premium to get a more streamlined process towards getting said pets.

Brazenbusboy will now return to general QQing and dissing power-leveling.
    Just some guy
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Brazenbusboy is going to defend PWI! (Has he accepted hypers under the table?)

The Herc and Nix sale is one of convenience.

The whole gather 60 million packs and clickly clickly clickly 50 times each is worth paying a premium to bypass, which is what this deal is.

It is not a bargain.

It is paying a premium to get a more streamlined process towards getting said pets.

Brazenbusboy will now return to general QQing and dissing power-leveling.

you can buy from catshops, at least on my server, for less then half the price as if you buy from cash shop
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    you can buy from catshops, at least on my server, for less then half the price as if you buy from cash shop

Yeah, but I think this is a permanent item rather than a sale and hopefully that means that eventually this stuff will come on sale cheaper than doing it the battle pet pack method. I assume buying from catshops would still be cheaper (usually is on all their stuff) but maybe it will make a nice price drop for all those venos out there. Heck, maybe if they do my veno will actually you know, level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit