leavin game so wanna share some things about seekers

Options
yan00
yan00 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Seeker
i'm leavin game on 29th cos flyin abroad to work since i graduated now.

wanna share some ideas and stuff about seekers.

some of u already kno but if u are a SAGE seeker, and have SAGE heartseeker. just like me the heartseeker is like what the F.... it ain't 90% successful. BS >.>. after consulting wiv QuakeX i learned that it's not bugged at all. well it is but let me explain. heartseeker CAN become 90%..

sage u have all sage stances like me. the soulsever minut stance is... 65% successful in givin Spirit Bore debuff to opponent. when u have that stance on and use heartseeker, the heartseeker becomes 35% only.

its like flippin a coin, heads OR tails. the coin can only land on ONE side. When u use Soulsever minute, u CANNOT paralyse the opponent AND give spirit bore debuff. only ONE will take place. you can work out the % as it needs to add up to 100.

soulsever minute stance: 65%+ 35% (heartseeker)= 100%.
parchedblade: 25% + 75%(heartseeker) = 100%
northern sky: 40% + 60% (heartseeker) = 100

as u can see the % is really s*** of heartseeker. if u use NO stance. heartseeker is 90%.

atm i use the 100% skill, Duelist glee. 20% proc, so heartseeker is 80% successful.

i hope this clears up the stuff about heartseeker.

Regarding on how good Seekers are, i think they can be the best class in pk in terms of R9. i can take out pretty much nearly all the nv +10 first cast sins in my server. i just lack the hp to tank r9 and second cast hits wiv zerk.

when a seeker gets r9, gemini slash is deadly enough already. so wiv the double damage and crit together, it should be able to 1 hit alot of stuff. i think seekers are not amazing until you hit nirvanna weapons wiv high refinement. they are very limited with what attacks they have so they can only kill people with a few skills. but if u are usin a high refined weapon, ur opponents should lose lots of hp wiv just ur few attacks :P.

i think kiting is very important. i've seen alot of people moan about how i am kiting from them instead of standing. Dont listen to them, kiting is a skill. it's not like u r going to use 28 metre range skills right in front of their faces right? lol.

i think flying in the air to kite is important too.

overall i think game designers made this class really **** to begin wiv. 30+ defence level is nothing. however i think game designers made this class a really Super class wiv r9. (hence tryin to rip more money out of everyone) XD.

ive had alot of inbox wiv questions but post them all here so we can all discuss! go go seekers!!
Post edited by yan00 on

Comments

• Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yan00 wrote: »

some of u already kno but if u are a SAGE seeker, and have SAGE heartseeker. just like me the heartseeker is like what the F.... it ain't 90% successful. BS >.>. after consulting wiv QuakeX i learned that it's not bugged at all. well it is but let me explain. heartseeker CAN become 90%..

sage u have all sage stances like me. the soulsever minut stance is... 65% successful in givin Spirit Bore debuff to opponent. when u have that stance on and use heartseeker, the heartseeker becomes 35% only.

its like flippin a coin, heads OR tails. the coin can only land on ONE side. When u use Soulsever minute, u CANNOT paralyse the opponent AND give spirit bore debuff. only ONE will take place. you can work out the % as it needs to add up to 100.

as u can see the % is really s*** of heartseeker. if u use NO stance. heartseeker is 90%.

atm i use the 100% skill, Duelist glee. 20% proc, so heartseeker is 80% successful.

Regarding on how good Seekers are, i think they can be the best class in pk in terms of R9. i can take out pretty much nearly all the nv +10 first cast sins in my server. i just lack the hp to tank r9 and second cast hits wiv zerk.

when a seeker gets r9, gemini slash is deadly enough already. so wiv the double damage and crit together, it should be able to 1 hit alot of stuff. i think seekers are not amazing until you hit nirvanna weapons wiv high refinement. they are very limited with what attacks they have so they can only kill people with a few skills. but if u are usin a high refined weapon, ur opponents should lose lots of hp wiv just ur few attacks :P.

i think kiting is very important. i've seen alot of people moan about how i am kiting from them instead of standing. Dont listen to them, kiting is a skill. it's not like u r going to use 28 metre range skills right in front of their faces right? lol.

overall i think game designers made this class really **** to begin wiv. 30+ defence level is nothing. however i think game designers made this class a really Super class wiv r9. (hence tryin to rip more money out of everyone) XD.

ive had alot of inbox wiv questions but post them all here so we can all discuss! go go seekers!!
    Yeah i agree. We dont have very much anti stuns and immues, the hell i am going to stand there and get killed when i can just move and use my long range on melee users. If they cant catch me when i run, its their lose. Besides our move is 25 metres+ for a reason, i believe its best to find to the of our compablity and if moving back and freeze works of course i will use it. Anyone that whines should go make a seeker and truly see how hard for us without some of the stuns and anti stuns and sleeps the other classes have at the end of the day we fight the way we fight.

As for the 30 levels of defence, yes i dont see the big deal about it too lol. Thats like less defence physical then bms, okay more magic def but bms have magical marrow. As with the party buffs that cost mirages(the most stupid thing i have ever saw in my life) that for literally automatically told me that seeker to be a money burner lol, although they havent succeeded yet but i am telling you the levels under 75 wasnt xD nice, burning tons of pots and genie stamina.

I have truly enjoyed seeker, and love it as a main so much that i dont even want to train another class, not even a farm class. Yes seeker is expensive, but nothing is really cheap to me anyways. If i want to get rank 9, then it will be with seeker, but knowing me i work in small steps. My first step is to get rank 8, then shard and refine then work on the skills/ sp and fc again for the sp.

Ps: Never knew that about heart seeker, but for that advice :3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    As for the 30 levels of defence, yes i dont see the big deal about it too lol. Thats like less defence physical then bms, okay more magic def but bms have magical marrow. As with the party buffs that cost mirages(the most stupid thing i have ever saw in my life) that for literally automatically told me that seeker to be a money burner lol, although they havent succeeded yet but i am telling you the levels under 75 wasnt xD nice, burning tons of pots and genie stamina.

Ps: Never knew that about heart seeker, but for that advice :3.

i actually liek that buff its basic a lv7 rune without to cost off upgrading your runecrafting
    ppl sometimes pay me 5 mirages jsut to buff them once cuz its still 75% cheaper that way.
    About heartseeker its been talked long about it its the main reson i only pk with parched blade
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • digitalpulse
    digitalpulse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ..and that is the reason why pking with soulsever stance as the MAIN stance is laughable.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    As for the 30 levels of defence, yes i dont see the big deal about it too lol.
    your joking right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Durable - Raging Tide
    Durable - Raging Tide Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Deceptistar, i think they rather not have the buff and prefer to buy and shard 15+ JoSD manually lmao.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Aw, one less actual good Seeker on our server. b:sad

On the plus side, one less set of the Phoenix Frenzy swords so its more unique b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • yan00
    yan00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    your joking right?

30 + def level is actually really weak. bm buff is 60%. sins **** through heavy armour enough already.

the reason why sins seem more overpowered in attack is because that class is specifically designed for attack. the GENERAL population also invests in WEAPON first before ARMOUR. so everyone has weak armour, sin gets first stunlock and **** u.

this is why i think seekers r the class to counter. we or I have also invested in armour. i am 55 defence level standing now wivout any JOD+ 2. imagine if i had loads of those! sins would just hit me like wiv toothpicks. they would only be able to kill me by 3 spark and if i'm genieless.

DEFENCE LEVEL IS KEY! aim to get as much as possible!
  • Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur
    Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

i thought you were gonna quit?
    what's this QQing thread for?
    fine,QUIT NOW!!!!
    GO WORK,FORGET ABOUT PWI!!!
    lol
    j.k
    don't be a sensitive person k?
    take this as a joke
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    30 + def level is actually really weak. bm buff is 60%. sins **** through heavy armour enough already.

the reason why sins seem more overpowered in attack is because that class is specifically designed for attack. the GENERAL population also invests in WEAPON first before ARMOUR. so everyone has weak armour, sin gets first stunlock and **** u.

this is why i think seekers r the class to counter. we or I have also invested in armour. i am 55 defence level standing now wivout any JOD+ 2. imagine if i had loads of those! sins would just hit me like wiv toothpicks. they would only be able to kill me by 3 spark and if i'm genieless.

DEFENCE LEVEL IS KEY! aim to get as much as possible!

lol thats not really how the bm buff works. it dosnt give 60% resistance to dmg just 60% more phys resistance wich as we all know gets less affective the more of it u get. the seeker buff is 30% dmg resist. on top of that the seeker can get the bm buff over it. u do have a point about the weapons though. pretty much pk is just who can get the 1 shot/ auto atk death first. and i did the math on calculater and a r9 seeker with JoSD will have about 100+ def lvls or something like that. and we all know theres gonna be a few of these guys running around XD. if there charmed im guessing most sins wont even bother
  • XCrashx - Lost City
    XCrashx - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Well, i think seekers are the counter to aps classes in general.I have 71 def lvls standing with 7 jades in my cv-nv gear. Its almost impossible for +10 bm to kill me selfbuffed with claws. If i get sage bm buff its impossible for them to kill me sparked. I only have 10k hp standing so im sure i'll be more then able to handle r9+12 zerk sin weaps when i put vit stones in other half of my gear~

But in my own opinion, duel swords or blades are more for the less tanky seekers. Why because they rely on there distance skills to be used as distance skills, hoping that there big damage will be able to kill there target.

On the other hand a single blade has more attack rate then duel blades.Northern Sky and auto attacks and edged blur is how u kill other seekers and mostly any other class. Give that combo a try u won't find yourself needing to run away from everything. Only time i actually run is when i need to be able to hold the target still(heartseeker)but its on cooldown. There is no one way to do something in pvp with this class. For me using a different stance changes my entire tactic
  • Anthemyra_ - Momaganon
    Anthemyra_ - Momaganon Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ok .. seeker is still a new class for me ... if some1 already posted the answer on another thread i appologise in advance ...

the problem is this ... as seekers we have 2 minus regarding pvp .. 1 is lack of stun/sleep skills, and second is the lack of removeing stun/sleep/w/e skills ...

u can solve those (in part) with occult ice and badge of courage skills from your genie ... problem is that 1 requires str the other dex -.-" ...

so ... i've been searching the best path to take .. sage or demon .. regarding pvp ... so far sage looks best

but i was looking on the demon unfetter lately ... the "dispel negative status effect" sound pretty well ... even if it takes 60 sec cooldown ... combined with Quid pro Quo and Badge of courage (genie skill) that should solve a bit the removeing stun/sleep/w/e problem ... i think ... if i'm wrong pls tell me couse this is only teory so far ... that means we have 2 stun/sleep/w/e active skills ... heartseeker and voidstep ... Quid pro Quo coud be mentioned here to ... so 3 skills (occult ice doesen't count here couse i already mentioned badge of courage and is almoust immposible to put both on same genie)

on the other hand sage gives u 1 active skill in removeing stun/sleep/w/e problem the Quid pro Quo ... the 50% chace in evade negative status provided by blade affinity is like trowing a coin -.-" so idk if it counts and again badge of courage ... for the stun/sleep/w/e active skills that sage seeker can use are the same as demon ...

so which is best sage or demon; occult ice or badge of courage ... (pls insert other options)
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    the problem is this ... as seekers we have 2 minus regarding pvp .. 1 is lack of stun/sleep skills, and second is the lack of removeing stun/sleep/w/e skills ...

so which is best sage or demon; occult ice or badge of courage ... (pls insert other options)

Wizzies are also pretty lacking in control skills and in anti stuns as well. (Only reliable one is silence since sleep has a crazy cooldown and stun takes two sparks and five second channel) They get around with genie skills like fortify, badge of courage, and expel. I especially recommend the first two. Keep in mind those skills are all dex dependent and might not fit well on a genie with a str based skill like occult ice, but I don't really think occult is needed.

The general consensus is that sage is significantly better than demon, but you can be successful as a demon too. But personally I would go sage. Chi skill and anti stun on unfetter are probably enough on their own, and the add-on from sage blade affinity is pretty nice among other skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anthemyra_ - Momaganon
    Anthemyra_ - Momaganon Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    .... yeah ... the "demon seeker" idea was only a "what if" thingy :P
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

need an archer here, but it think its not 100%. 65% and 90% dosent equal 100%. yes % is high, but i doubt its 100%
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I guess it's a little known fact that the Quid Pro Quo's cooldown, also reduces with it's lvl.

1min at lvl10. Even though there is no indication that it will.(usually the things that do will be high lighted in blue)