Why do you think GMs keep selling PACKS ?

Lingzi - Lost City
Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Pack sales are endless, when one kind of pack sales ends, another different one comes. there is tiger, sunshine, coral, and so much more.

why do you think GMs keep selling packs? is it for the good sake of the game? because people needs it? because they want to alleviate the economic problems on each servers? or is it because they want our money and they dont really dont care what happens to the game? and shamelessly spam pack sales so they earn as much money as possible before this game dies? discuss...
Post edited by Lingzi - Lost City on

Comments

• Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Well the pros and cons are:

Pros:
    - Tokens are always low price
    - Which enables people to still play for free
    - Which doesn't nescessarily mean people *have to buy* anything at all
    - For the most part, everything can be done with tokens.
    - Perfect Token of Luck for the most part keeps the price of 5 mil as a standard cause x2 of them is worth 10 million big note

Cons:
    - Really only higher developing market for Lunar Ornament molds, Scrolls of Tome, Script of Fate and the higher rarer things out of packs.
    - Prices and hyperinflation may eventually set in.

[ Anything I've missed add it here ]

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    why do you think GMs keep selling packs?

So people like you make more threads like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • endlesspsy
    endlesspsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i heard if you stop masturbating they will stop selling packs
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited August 2011

- Prices and hyperinflation may eventually set in.

may?

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011

I could show you the screenshot from Malaysia where 1 blue coloured token is worth 300k but I won't and I don't need to. I've been through all this before. b:chuckle
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Pack sales are endless, when one kind of pack sales ends, another different one comes. there is tiger, sunshine, coral, and so much more.

why do you think GMs keep selling packs? is it for the good sake of the game? because people needs it? because they want to alleviate the economic problems on each servers? or is it because they want our money and they dont really dont care what happens to the game? and shamelessly spam pack sales so they earn as much money as possible before this game dies? discuss...

Didn't you already "quit" already like 3 times? How long are you going to be spamming QQ topics? b:puzzledb:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Because you touch yourself at night?
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Troll much?

Hmm I dunno, maybe cause they want to get paid and make the company money?
    Nahh can't be it
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Money makes the world go round. End of story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Ofc they want to make profit (this is a company not a charity organization) and the quality of the game was higher before packs. But: You can say a.) no I don't want to buy this product or b.) yes I continue to spend my precious time or money for the game and its content.
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Money makes the world go round. End of story.

You're also kinda of right but also kind of wrong there as well...

"Belief in paper with values of debt written on it makes the world believe that they have wealth, when in fact, it is only pieces of paper/digital numbers/a magnetic strip that is perceptualized as being "wealthful" that keeps getting devalued year-in and year-out.

You might of noticed the United States Dollar is getting fairly valued at the moment. A lot of people would say "Oh you're talking politics..." and I'd say "No, I am talking about promissory notes and how are you going to pay it back?" b:chuckle

But then we get into 'Trust and Equity Law' and that is hard to explain and goes over people's head sometimes and its boring.

You might notice gold has been going up in price as well 1500 then 1700. How can people put value in a shiny metal? Well there isn't much of it. As for the value in 'gold plated tungsten bars' with a certain stamp on them from 2006. I dare you to go and find that one.

b i t . l y /
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2011

You're also kinda of right but also kind of wrong there as well...

"Belief in paper with values of debt written on it makes the world believe that they have wealth, when in fact, it is only pieces of paper/digital numbers/a magnetic strip that is perceptualized as being "wealthful" that keeps getting devalued year-in and year-out.

You might of noticed the United States Dollar is getting fairly valued at the moment. A lot of people would say "Oh you're talking politics..." and I'd say "No, I am talking about promissory notes and how are you going to pay it back?" b:chuckle

But then we get into 'Trust and Equity Law' and that is hard to explain and goes over people's head sometimes and its boring.

You might notice gold has been going up in price as well 1500 then 1700. How can people put value in a shiny metal? Well there isn't much of it. As for the value in 'gold plated tungsten bars' with a certain stamp on them from 2006. I dare you to go and find that one.

this. Wait....what?
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    this. Wait....what?

All comes back to what you value...

Some people value molds...
    Some people value R9...
    Some people value in PWIs case -- the trading of information to third parties and money
    Facebook values your information too, just like every time you log in to get the <insert blessing here> that is an exchange of value even at the micro-transactional level

b:thanks

b i t . l y /
  • meowwuff
    meowwuff Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Pwi, is just a money hole, you toss money in it, and they give you **** in return, such as endless glitches, they only know how to make glitches, not fix. wonder what our dollar is REALLY going too, i ordered 20$ 2 years ago, said that was it, 3000$later......its so ****, but addicting to CS.

P.S to Deve's: FIX THE FRIGN RUBBER BAND GLITCH ALREADY!!!!b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    meowwuff wrote: »
    Pwi, is just a money hole, you toss money in it, and they give you **** in return, such as endless glitches, they only know how to make glitches, not fix. wonder what our dollar is REALLY going too, i ordered 20$ 2 years ago, said that was it, 3000$later......its so ****, but addicting to CS.

P.S to Deve's: FIX THE FRIGN RUBBER BAND GLITCH ALREADY!!!!b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb

The "rubber banding" I'd say is your client connecting with the server, you can fix lag by getting a better connection, but it will cost you more. Also why are you not posting on your main account? like a good trolly pole should. Oh no names don't post on their main accounts. I forgot.

On the other note: Why are you still back here (on the forum posting)? . . . . .
    b i t . l y /
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Isn't rubberband a system that originally exist to prevent speed ****. b:shutup
    Even those with tetra hyper speed connection, would still get rubberband.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    They keep selling packs, because people keep buying them.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    A fool and his money are soon parted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Didn't you already "quit" already like 3 times? How long are you going to be spamming QQ topics? b:puzzledb:puzzled
    +1 mhmm
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    They know how addictive packs are..it's just like 1 more dollar!.

Perverted internet gambling ftw...with no possibility of loss for PWI because it's just coding...and a possibility of loss on the person who's opening the packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I thought lingzi was supposed to of quit? suppose that didn't last long.

Packs are for the people with more cash then brain cells to chuck their money away on because they don't realize they're wasting it due to the fact that they're not winning anything and could of potentially spent that cash on something much, much better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I like people who buy packs, especially via CS. They make me a profit without having to spend another penny myself.

Tokens are a godsend as far as every day usage relating to pots, DA's, cookies, pages, hypers, subs, and other stuff goes.
  • Irae - Harshlands
    Irae - Harshlands Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited August 2011

I could show you the screenshot from Malaysia where 1 blue coloured token is worth 300k but I won't and I don't need to. I've been through all this before. b:chuckle

I could show you the screenshot from Germany where one Deutsche Mark was worth nothing, but I won't and I don't need to. I've been through all this before. b:chuckle

I could show you how different economies in different areas of the world have different rates of inflation and value, but I'm a snarky internet troll, and I don't need to. I've been through all this before.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2011
    GM's don't set the sales, they just supply the announcements. Marketing team sets the sales.

Packs are back, again, because they sell. It's a good source of income for the company.

If you had something that consistently made a good profit, wouldn't you use it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Lmao!!!

Where did you found Frankie on a catshop selling packs?
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Packs are here to stay, whether people like it or not.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9587992&postcount=26
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Why do you think GMs keep selling PACKS ?

Simple, they make bank off the mentally challenged
    re
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Have you noticed that even with Rank/Rep and Easy Rides gold is not as high as it was last time? It means these sales are getting old. Out with the old PWI, time to put Warsoul in packs.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I thought lingzi was supposed to of quit? suppose that didn't last long.

Packs are for the people with more cash then brain cells to chuck their money away on because they don't realize they're wasting it due to the fact that they're not winning anything and could of potentially spent that cash on something much, much better.

i did but i still come online sometimes to get NV keys. and forum is more fun than the game itself, so im checking forums frequently.

and after reading everyones post, (sorry i cannot reply all) we concluded that GMs really are trying to suck all our money. packs and R9 makes them the most profit, they will keep making excuses of 'wanting to make the game better' but actually just wanted our money.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    packs and R9 makes them the most profit, they will keep making excuses of 'wanting to make the game better' but actually just wanted our money.

No cience, after all there's a small group of people that say "ok we sold <enter homungus money quantity here> in packs this week, but Mr. Boss wants more, but since we have had nothing from the developing department... lets just reroll the sales. - GMs announce it at 23:59 every week for the next year every tuesday."

GMs: "But people are being a pain because of no new content or fixes being added"

Mr. Sales: "Your job is to deal with people, not my problem. Ignore them?"

GMs: *one more week of dealing with people bs*

^ most likely thats how gms feel about it.

As of the why PWI keeps selling em, it makes PWI stay "stable"... packs were not the reason of gold reaching 1.3m+, it was R9. Before the release of R9 in CS, gold was around 500k... before packs it was around 100-300k (old days...)

Packs mean tokens, tokens mean potions and hypers - which makes them more money in the end from selling / charging gold to get good gear on higher lvls.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.