New Scam (HT)

Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Really? It is gonna get locked about this idiot ~removed~ pming people trying to steal their accounts? I know the naming and shaming rule, but clearly this is someones alt only set up to try to steal account information, this should be a special case. And even if you don't want the name dropped, people should be able to discuss the scam, as it will keep it from happening to more people.
Post edited by Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    But, but, but........If they dont let your gear get stolen you wont have to Cash Shop for more.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    We don't stop you guys from sending a ticket reporting the scam in to the Support team. To be honest, we highly recommend it. The rules on the forums are that naming and shaming is not allowed, so we (as moderators) have to enforce those rules equally across the board.

Thanks for caring enough about what this player is doing to report it, though. With more people like you, this game would become a friendlier place.

b:thanks
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    We don't stop you guys from sending a ticket reporting the scam in to the Support team. To be honest, we highly recommend it. The rules on the forums are that naming and shaming is not allowed, so we (as moderators) have to enforce those rules equally across the board.

Thanks for caring enough about what this player is doing to report it, though. With more people like you, this game would become a friendlier place.

b:thanks

Sure. But till GM (if)take action against scammer he can scam another players. So at this case it should be allowed to name him as a warning to others. We all know how "fast" GM in this game acts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • missmiseri
    missmiseri Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    People should know by now to not give out their information no matter what.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ^ Pretty much. If they are dumb enough to give their account info away despite warnings not to, they deserve what's coming to them.
    edited August 2011
    ^ Pretty much. If they are dumb enough to give their account info away despite warnings not to, they deserve what's coming to them.

Sometimes are players kids. My kids also play this game. Not often but....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited August 2011

+1.

13 year olds arent noted for making the brightest decisions.
    edited August 2011
    I've been playing MMO's since I was 13. That makes it 15 years. People scamming like this are not a novelty, and by this age someone should know whether or not it's a good or bad idea to share account info. I've never once had this sort of thing happen to me, and I've never had friends that I started out playing with do this either. The onus is on the parents to tell them. While my only child is, atm, an 8.5 month old fetus, rest assured I will be educating my own when they start using the internet.
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    +1.

13 year olds arent noted for making the brightest decisions.

Do not underestimate the kids these days. They usually know way more about scammers, hacks, exploits, keyloggers, trojans, perverts, and Internet security than their parents do b:chuckle
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Do not underestimate the kids these days. They usually know way more about scammers, hacks, exploits, keyloggers, trojans, perverts, and Internet security than their parents do b:chuckle

I used to think that, then I started reading the forums.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
    edited August 2011
    I used to think that, then I started reading the forums.
    The masses are ***** (<- censored word is the same as masses minus the "m") -- it's a general rule. That's why they have to actually tell people not to share accounts, and yet still brilliant people somehow get scammed anyways. *shrugs* At that point, whatever happens, happens.
    edited August 2011
    My kids are +-10 years old. And scammer first prepare situation for scam. Forexample make friendship with them, help them maybe couple times with quests and when they start to trust him, he hits.
    GM are here just for these garbage players. That their job to deal with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You can't generalize children. b:bye

Some had better understanding since the beginning.
    Some never understand even after explained for many times.

Some would tell everything to their parents.
    Some afraid to tell everything to their parents, because of various reason. Didn't want their parent worried or getting heart attack is one from so many reason.

Some can't keep quiet all the time.
    Some can stay calm most of the time, but sometime they become too passive later.

Their personality play parts on their reaction to everything.
    ex : greedy kid would be more careful on using money
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You can't generalize children. b:bye

Some had better understanding since the beginning.
    Some never understand even after explained for many times.

Some would tell everything to their parents.
    Some afraid to tell everything to their parents, because of various reason. Didn't want their parent worried or getting heart attack is one from so many reason.

Some can't keep quiet all the time.
    Some can stay calm most of the time, but sometime they become too passive later.

Their personality play parts on their reaction to everything.
    ex : greedy kid would be more careful on using money

+1...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sure. But till GM (if)take action against scammer he can scam another players. So at this case it should be allowed to name him as a warning to others. We all know how "fast" GM in this game acts.

I'm the first to blame the GMs for not doing their job, but this one is not true. Last time, a friend of mine got scammed by a catshop (overpricing an item that has the same icon as another) and he submited a ticket. The next day, the scammer was banned and my friend got all his money back.
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
    edited August 2011
    I'm the first to blame the GMs for not doing their job, but this one is not true. Last time, a friend of mine got scammed by a catshop (overpricing an item that has the same icon as another) and he submited a ticket. The next day, the scammer was banned and my friend got all his money back.
    I'm glad to hear it. In the past is wasn't so fast or was done anything against the scammer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]