why bloodbath

_Unmatched_ - Sanctuary
_Unmatched_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Barbarian
Soo, the basic question is that why should i use bloodbath, it takes up 2k of my hp at lvl 1 when i have 6k hp, b:sad for a barb that is alot just to improve accuracy. or is it again. i dont realy know, thats why im posting this thread, it does'nt even give me improved psych attb:shocked . should i max it and why, and what sircumstances should i use it on, ty b:laugh.
[SIGPIC] This is how real playyas level. [/SIGPIC]This is how real playyas level.
Post edited by _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The higher level it is the less it reduces your HP.

Just use it when you need accuracy. I only use it when I'm in CoA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I really only use it in pvp. for pve its pretty much pointless IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I really only use it in pvp. for pve its pretty much pointless IMO.

i really have to agree.

however i dont think its that useful in PvP either.

the only you chars really have decent evasion are sins and archers.

and for them you can just use your 100% accuracy moves, flesh ream for tiger and mightly swing for human.

and i cant tell you how many sins i have beaten becuase i used flesh ream a lot and and they lose after they try to stealth out and run becuase of Dot. also nice after they survive with Deaden Nerves and then they just die again from Dot.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    me and a fellow sin from my faction PvP each other for practice from time to time. not long ago he was 4.0 sparked with +6 nirvana daggers. I was beating him just by staying in tiger form with blood bath on. While he tried to stun lock me and demon spark I'd just use solid shield, bestial rage to build chi off his attack rage, and pot when i could (though charm did most of the healing). Once i was full on chi I demon spark -> occult ice -> devour and he went down like a rock. a couple other times i just got a lucky chain of crits with alacrity devour and surf impact, and I didnt even get to use my sexy spark q.q. My blood bath isn't even demon yet (though I have the book, just haven't learned it yet). I like being able to land PvP hits more often without relying on MS and Ream (which I don't really use except as a kill shot if the target is one hit away from death)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I just recently finally got sage Bloodbath. Not exactly an expensive skill (pretty cheap actually), but isn't all that common.

I've always used 'bath in pvp outside of TW and always loved it. I also use on the rare occasions I get bored enough to grind on my barb. Watching the miss, miss, miss is always annoying. Especially on normal mobs.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Bloodbath I found most useful when fighting a sin or an archer when the finishing move never quite wanted to make contact due to 100% accuracy skills being in cooldown, giving your opponent time to kite, because we lack stunlock capability.

This usually requires a bit hit fast, this for me is sage arma, although more often than not it does miss! b:cry

Endgame I plan to have 175 base dex and 200 dex with gear, to have 20% crit with R9 axe (20% crit as a sage barb). Odd I know, so sue me, however, with this build 3200 accuracy, and sage bloodbath on... I get 6800 accuracy,^^ (if I were demon, 8000 accuracy).

Win. =D

So I can feel more reliant on arma because of BloodBath, not thinking it'll miss those pesky little elves and fishies anywhere near as much as it does without sage BB! =3

However PVE wise... nah! :D
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Bloodbath I found most useful when fighting a sin or an archer when the finishing move never quite wanted to make contact due to 100% accuracy skills being in cooldown, giving your opponent time to kite, because we lack stunlock capability.

This usually requires a bit hit fast, this for me is sage arma, although more often than not it does miss! b:cry

Endgame I plan to have 175 base dex and 200 dex with gear, to have 20% crit with R9 axe (20% crit as a sage barb). Odd I know, so sue me, however, with this build 3200 accuracy, and sage bloodbath on... I get 6800 accuracy,^^ (if I were demon, 8000 accuracy).

Win. =D

So I can feel more reliant on arma because of BloodBath, not thinking it'll miss those pesky little elves and fishies anywhere near as much as it does without sage BB! =3

However PVE wise... nah! :D

I've given up even thinking about using Arma in PvP.

When I run up to a wiz, or any AA class, and it misses 9 times out of 10? That's ****.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've given up even thinking about using Arma in PvP.

When I run up to a wiz, or any AA class, and it misses 9 times out of 10? That's ****.

but that one time make it worth all the effort if it hits like 3-4 target at least.

i usually do debuffing of some kind of armor reduction before armag and that helps more then bloodbath.

Bloodbath is good invasive opponent that being either archer or sin as mention. of which neither will give you a warning before they attack you. So unless you intend to have Bloodbath cast all the time it isnt really useful.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Bloodpath is most useful at higher levels when it takes less HP. Until then, I don't see a reason to use it. Unless you have terrible accuracy and never hit anything...
  • AlphaPrime - Lost City
    AlphaPrime - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    For a demon barb on a pvp server it is very use full. I tend to only use it in PVP due to all the misses with arma I get (arma best wep for barb, i.e. massive dmg) I currently have lvl 10 and will get 11 as soon as i buy the book and have enough money to learn it. I'm curently vit build so I don't have alot of accuacy. I use GX axes with a flawless amber ( i know I need to upgrade) Every now and then I use it in PVE when I'm not tanking ( I do 2 barb frost runs, so much fun)

So, lvl it when you can, dont use till its maxed because it dose take a lot of HP. Use full in PVP and in PVE depending on situation. Barb's being vit build, miss a lot. So use it!!!b:cute
  • BloodyOne - Dreamweaver
    BloodyOne - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    every once in a while ill use it. i swear sometimes ill be hiting everyone without 1 miss then like 5 mins later i cant even hit a lvl 80...
    so thats when bloodbath helps, when accuracy goes 2 hell :D
    b:shocked no signature
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I tend to use it in PvP, I have Demon Bloodbath, which is +300% more accuracy. Also since I have high dex, I get like 6.4K or so accuracy.

Thats more than most archers if I've heard correct, lol......

Great for CoA and Tiger Event as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ok i actually got lvl 10 bloodbath and i tested it.. and frankly im ganna retract on my last argument.

on most mobs i really dont need as much hp as i got. losing 1.5k hp for a major boost in accuracy is well worth it.

and i can easily hit lvl 100 sins with lvl 10 bloodbath and 1 misty and still have really nice hp

(i actually 1 shot the sin with a demon devour crit (by about 50 hp) (we dueled a couple times beforehand and his deaden nerves was in cooldown)

this skills is awesome, and unless i actaully need all the hp i got im ganna keep it active
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Caratskull - Dreamweaver
    Caratskull - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Good topic. Furries, Ty for testing it out, I'm getting lvl 11 ASAP.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Necroooooo

Btw, ive never used BB for PVE after FR was made 100% accuracy. I kept it at level 5 until 92 when i learned demon version.

Now i use it most of the time, PVE especially. The HP loss is very sustainable at higer level when your HP goes 16k+ in tiger fully buffed with BB on.

For PVP, i tend to use it only if i have to fight phyical classes. The ones that tend to pump on dex, so they have more evasion. Against magical classes is not that required, is a shame to miss a demon sunder/arma/onslaught on em tho.

When ill switch to 5.0 claws (just miss 130cannies), ill probably keep using BB on physical classes (BM, barb, sin, arch, seek) and thanks to the high dex ill get a nice base accuracy.

I might buy a lunar ring to weild against magic users
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Teddy_Tiger - Archosaur
    Teddy_Tiger - Archosaur Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If you are a normal build barb, bloodbath is only useful in PvP because most of the times your attack will misses a lot. You will end up about 3k accuracy ( assuming demon bloodbath) with 2 of those 50 percent accuracy ring which is a good number. Now if you the dex path of 200 ish dex for a g13 claw or a tt100 fist etc. , you don't really need bloodbath because at 200ish dex with 2 accuracy rings, you will end up 3kish accuracy already. Now let say if you use bloodbath on a dex build, your accuracy will be around 8-9k which is unnecessary due to the amount of hp that you are trading off for. Bottom is line from my 2-3 years of pvp experience in Sanct, 3kish accuracy is a good number and only times you might miss a target if that is a sin with like 8k invasion or so.
    Leader/co-founder of TELETUBIE
    make many haters want to qqb:cry
  • Kunopegos - Harshlands
    Kunopegos - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Learn your skills. Simple as that. For one on one fighting no matter the class you have skills like Onslaught... for a AOE fight you have Blood Bath.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I agree with most of the sentiment in this thread. Leave it alone until later, if ever using it at all.
  • OOCreatureOo - Dreamweaver
    OOCreatureOo - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The only time you really need it, is in pvp against high evasion players. Sins, Fist BM's, Archers. And even then, some of the time you can get away with not using it. In PVE it's pretty pointless.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I use it when biting that invisible mob in the TT entrance to get Chi. b:avoid
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I tend to use it in PvP, I have Demon Bloodbath, which is +300% more accuracy. Also since I have high dex, I get like 6.4K or so accuracy.

Thats more than most archers if I've heard correct, lol......

Great for CoA and Tiger Event as well.

why in the skill description does it say that it gives 300% crit.b:laugh

this just in..guess they fixed the typo.I remember it saying 300% crit lol instead of accuracy..yeah skill kinda stank anyways i
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.