Mistress sucks! Do you use her?

radharani808
radharani808 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Mystic
I am lvl 75 mystic now, and I must say storm mistress kinda sucks! What is she good for? She dies to easy to solo with. Her damage isn't THAT good to be worth spending the MP on. Devil does almost as good DD with his DD skill on auto, and has more def. Salvation is my favorite though, for squads or soloing.

Does anyone use mistress regularly? What for?
Post edited by radharani808 on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I use mistress regularly in any instance that has ? bosses, and in RB during crag's cooldown. Her damage is pretty good in those situations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ^Is my mistress. n.n
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Vhiessu - Lost City
    Vhiessu - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I use the Devil almost all the time... Mistress is okay for PVP though since she does a little extra damage.. I still don't feel like I've grasped Salvation yet..

Cragglord will ruin anything though so you can't forget about him on bosses and the likes.
  • Wywer - Heavens Tear
    Wywer - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    At lower lvls i always used devil, but after a time when i maxed mistress and started doing some Frosts, and needed more aoe dmg, started using mistress more and more, to the point that now devil for me is totally neglected in any instance.

Mistress is only worth using when its maxed and u have enough manna to keep her mp up. The only thing that annoys me about her, is the bug when she has full manna and starts autoattack, then i just leech her or let her die and resummon.

And for the rare occasions i do some pvps, no matter what summon i use, i leech it to have antistun and surprise some ppl who still dont know jack about mystics b:chuckle Or if i leave the summon out, devil is good to stun the opponent, or mistress (in case of demon/sage version) is good to seal, both are nice.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I use storm all the time even when soloing, she's actually my favorite summon out of them all because she's well, awesome b:victory

@Poster above me: I think I know the bug you're talking about. That sometimes happens to me whenever I enter an instance, all you have to do is right click lunar blade so that it's not set on auto anymore and then right click it again to set it back on auto. If that doesn't work, then I have never experienced the bug you mentioned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Verdict: Mistress sucks till end levels and miaxed. Post lvl 70 and maxing out, she's not bad at all.
    Just some guy
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Mistress is good for counter acting the lowered damage on wood. When you deal less on wood because of wood damage, mistress deals more because metal pwns wood. :)
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    mistress does not suck at all. i use her all the time. i almost never use my devil. when i was lower level (under 75) i used devil all the time. but once i was able to use the 75 mp pots i only used her from there on out. If im the tank in FC though I use my devil to do the tanking, since mistress survival isnt as good. Devil and Mistress do near the same DMG output though (well, depending on the monster, i think storm out DMGs devil big time on ? bosses), since devil attacks faster than storm, but puts out lower dmg. the main reason i use storm basically all the time is for her long range attack, and her aoe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Using mistress without her skills is just fail. The skills makes mistress awesome. Can't be picky about your mana use though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Uh yeah, my 94 mystic's storm mistress outdamages my 101 veno's herc by two-fold, plus can AOE. Before saying something sucks you should at least give it a try later, or be one of the many fails who only uses Salvation/DC and nothing else.
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Shes good for added aoe damage in big fc pulls. Shes useful other places too of course but this is when i see her used the most instance wise
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I barely use her. For aoe craglord is better in every way, or thicket if the situation warrants it.

Mistress sucks due to the fact that if I'm hitting 13k on something she typically hits 6k and takes slightly longer between hits than me and wastes mp doing it. Even on wood mobs I'm doing significantly more damage.

In that same time DC will be hitting about 1.6k every sec, with no mp cost. Combined with the fact that I can then buff DC's attack 30% AND have them use folding strike/stun way more times than I can use mistress's skills for way more dps, I just don't see the point in using her.

Even leeched that "200%" extra magic attack only seems to add an average of 2.5k a hit and my magic def is already insane.

DC on the other hand gives me 100% more pdef and 30% more crit, which on occasion means 4 btb crits that during HF make me a happy panda b:cute

DC is good to go when summoned after a heal. Mistress is a lil more high maintenance, plus due to her being ranged she often will run at the target at an odd angle and aggro more mobs which usually means resummoning and wasting more mp.

PVPwise though she is useful. I dueled a BM friend of mine and he demon sparked and ran at me. I used her seal while I channeled thicket and one shot him. Now that I have sage thicket I wanna do that again...

Before I got my 3rd spark I used her a lot in frost. After I just use crag and thicket because chi is never an issue. A veno once asked me why the hell I would waste 2 sparks on a 20 sec pet.

Because I can. I practically ooze chi, and I have cloud eruption if I need it. I'd rather summon craglord and have him do 26k a hit aoes for 20sec than any other use of 2 sparks I have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Zaaper - Dreamweaver
    Zaaper - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well said, the only thing to add is she is part of AOE combo
  • Vhiessu - Lost City
    Vhiessu - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    When Mistress is level 10, she is great for additional damage.
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I Love her, no matter what everybody says... b:dirty
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    I Love her, no matter what everybody says... b:dirty

Whips and chains excite me.
  • Rakshasis - Lost City
    Rakshasis - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    b:pleasedb:laughb:dirty Whips and chains all the way!!

Plus pvp is the only good part of this game besides TW. Pve tends to be dull. On those terms storm and salv tend to be the best pets for it. Devil may be great for pve but doesn't serve much use in pvp. Besides the five sec stun he just seems like an overglorified dd pet to me.
    Tremble in Fear! For we are Mystics the Undead casters from Hell![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    lol Mistress and Gale Force combioned with Rapid Growth are far better options that Thicket and Cragglord.

also... lol @demon sparking BM and then running for you. Any smart BM would Occult Ice you first, spark, then roar, then ur dead. I would rather leech Chyru or whatever pet I have on instead of waiting there. if he was a 1 shot with thicket alone I guess thats why you found her useful.
    edited August 2011
    I thought the thread was about whether or not mistress sucks and if we use her. I said I think she does, that I don't, and that the one time she was even passably useful was the one time I dueled my friend and he wasn't expecting it.

Now if you want to turn those statements around to say I was endorsing her and to point out how big a noob my friend is, I'm sure he knows already knows this from at least 200 people b:chuckle

Believe it or not some people shun using genies in duels, and would rather do them just for fun/to test what their actual character can do and not rely on the flying parasite that haunts them.

Obviously gale force good, craglord iffy in PVP. Mistress sucks, and if she was a problem any idiot could kill her faster than a lv10 sharptoothed kitten. Which is another reason she sucks.

You use her aoe with a bad squad and she gets even moderate aggro you get to stop dding and spam heal her or watch all the mp you gave her go poof.

I don't PK at all on any of my characters so you would know better in that area obviously

I'm glad that there are enough ways to play a mystic that you'd be hard pressed to find a way that is total **** in every situation (unless you spam swirling mist and send salvation to attack your foes).

Personally I like using thicket and craglord in situations where I don't want to have to care about the target(s) for a few moments. It gives the squad either a target that won't fight back or it just murders the lot of them.

Gale force + Hush is good too but on average means some are gonna wander away. Luckily I have sage galeforce so that unless they are immune to slow they will NEVER go very far. Most of the time they practically just run in place.

Now, galeforce + craglord is even better and so I use it instead of hush for two reasons. Craglord can handle more incoming blows than Gianna Michaels, and every attack is both more damaging and more often than mistress. Both skills are aoe, and the most powerful one has pretty heavy aoe damage over time to boot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    I guess your not a fan Hayley using stormb:shocked
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Pets suck, and if they were a problem any idiot could kill her faster than a lv10 sharptoothed kitten. Which is another reason they suck.

I fixed this for you. In my opinion most of the times pets are only useful to leech them (in PvP) either for the bonus or for the anti stun. I wouldn't waste 2 sparks for Cragglord in PvP though... maybe MAYBE in TW or when Im sneaking behind a group of nabs in SP or HO or west hehehehe
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Mistress sucks due to the fact that if I'm hitting 13k on something she typically hits 6k and takes slightly longer between hits than me and wastes mp doing it. Even on wood mobs I'm doing significantly more damage.

u serious? you do realize that since she hits 6k ur actual dps on the mob is like 19k instead of 13k if u didnt use her? dont base ur dmg on ur pets dmg, that is just stupid. the dmg she deals is extra added dmg to ur own DPS. so in a way, u and ur pets are extensions of each other and ur pets are there to deal extra damage. there not there to out damage the main caster -_-

the only problem with mistress is that she is a MP hog just like her master and her casting time is lower.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The post above me made me wonder something I never thought about; do pets gain the 50% gear bonus for -channeling?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i know that pets are effected by gear and the refines of gear, but idk about -channeling specifically.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Mistress is very useful in FC. That's the only time I use her really (I don't pvp on this character; I have a psy for that b:chuckle), but I know there's other uses for her.

Small tidbit that might make some of you giggle: when I was 8x, I did an FC where the squad wiped except for me and the Mistress. The Mistress tanked half the slasher boss while the cleric was getting everyone up. Yes, she's squishy, so I had to make sure that I was healing her before she got two-shot, but I (and the rest of the squad) found it hilarious. And the BM in squad couldn't help but to say "that was AWESOME, Namari!"

toot toot.

Anyways, since our aoes tend to be a pain in the *** for melee classes, I use mistress for the first aoe shot on pulls, then use Gale Force/Thicket when things are close to dying. That way, if they do decide to run away, it won't matter much, because they'll be dead in the next hit.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Anyways, since our aoes tend to be a pain in the *** for melee classes, I use mistress for the first aoe shot on pulls, then use Gale Force/Thicket when things are close to dying. That way, if they do decide to run away, it won't matter much, because they'll be dead in the next hit.

I had never really used Mistress for PvE until last night in FF. We had 2 mystics, myself and another so we took it in turns to support and one to DD then swapped over next run, I found myself very happy with Mistress damage for pulls! I was shocked since I was 83 at the time.

I found the combo which I think works well also, HF from BM + thicket + mistress aoe + gale force b:victory
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Stormie's really good if you know how to aoe grind like a veno.

Saves you a lot of effort in killing several mobs with only a few shots from her.

Just get your healing plants out just in case somme still slips thru the cracks so to speak.

CatNip of RT gave me a sample of it and it really wotks better than a herc grind
    edited August 2011
    u serious? you do realize that since she hits 6k ur actual dps on the mob is like 19k instead of 13k if u didnt use her? dont base ur dmg on ur pets dmg, that is just stupid. the dmg she deals is extra added dmg to ur own DPS. so in a way, u and ur pets are extensions of each other and ur pets are there to deal extra damage. there not there to out damage the main caster -_-

the only problem with mistress is that she is a MP hog just like her master and her casting time is lower.

Contrary to those that like to quote me and then "fix" my quotes for me, I'm not an idiot.

I wasn't saying that I didn't like "her damage because it sucks compared to mine QQ I keep getting aggro QQ."

I was making the point that her added damage on a random mob is either unnecessary (both single target 6k ish and aoe 4k ish) compared to any of our skills OR its overkill because of the mp used to get that extra hit in that my next attack would have done more damage for less mp.

Plus due to how long it takes her to move into position and actually cast either of her skills, devil does same damage in 3 hits per her one bolt, at no mp cost, with higher hp and def, and the added DPS provided by his skills boost in particular. He also has a way more useful leeched ability in most situations.

The best thing about her is that she can pull wurlord and peachblossom easily IMO.

If you love her, great. I respect your opinion, and despite my opinion I like her too. I think she is pretty cool, just not as useful in a pinch as the other 3 summons.

I seriously don't get why people are hell bent, not on simply disagreeing with me, or saying that their milage varies or really showing much respect at all sometimes.

I don't go around to every post I see that doesn't perfectly match my views and go "ROFL dur hur hur you are a noob. So I'mma gonna quote you and then insert my own opinion into the quote because then it will have been QFT and to argue your own quote would be a noob thing to do."

Maybe its because I have a little respect for others, and because contrary to this little rant I take this forum about as seriously as a group of pirates coming across the sea to pillage on a ship made of cotton candy.

Not very much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyBats - Archosaur
    LadyBats - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Contrary to those that like to quote me and then "fix" my quotes for me, I'm not an idiot.

I wasn't saying that I didn't like "her damage because it sucks compared to mine QQ I keep getting aggro QQ."

I was making the point that her added damage on a random mob is either unnecessary (both single target 6k ish and aoe 4k ish) compared to any of our skills OR its overkill because of the mp used to get that extra hit in that my next attack would have done more damage for less mp.

Plus due to how long it takes her to move into position and actually cast either of her skills, devil does same damage in 3 hits per her one bolt, at no mp cost, with higher hp and def, and the added DPS provided by his skills boost in particular. He also has a way more useful leeched ability in most situations.

The best thing about her is that she can pull wurlord and peachblossom easily IMO.

If you love her, great. I respect your opinion, and despite my opinion I like her too. I think she is pretty cool, just not as useful in a pinch as the other 3 summons.

I seriously don't get why people are hell bent, not on simply disagreeing with me, or saying that their milage varies or really showing much respect at all sometimes.

I don't go around to every post I see that doesn't perfectly match my views and go "ROFL dur hur hur you are a noob. So I'mma gonna quote you and then insert my own opinion into the quote because then it will have been QFT and to argue your own quote would be a noob thing to do."

Maybe its because I have a little respect for others, and because contrary to this little rant I s the sea to pillage on a ship made of cotton candy.

Not very much

Say what you will about her damage but her aoe seal is useful as hell in delta when your venoless lol.
    edited August 2011
    It occurs to me that I might just need a hug b:surrender

Been a very bad day...

And yes against LV? mobs Hush and thicket are good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]