What are the most levels you leveled a pet and how did you do it?

Dream_Kiss - Sanctuary
Dream_Kiss - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Venomancer
As the title says! I have a 71 sawfly because I had it pre tideborn but you know the skatefish is soooo pretty. And well I have no idea how to survive leveling a pet from 20 - 70 because that takes LONG. So tell your story about thisb:victory
Post edited by Dream_Kiss - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Meimeixo - Heavens Tear
    Meimeixo - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I was very slow at farming/grinding coins and got my herc egg at like.. level 96.
    Let's just say I lived in room 4 of Cube for quite a while. b:sad

Oh and I got my nix when I was level 101... Try grinding on the MQ air mobs or the Staunch Worms by Tideborn City :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dream_Kiss - Sanctuary
    Dream_Kiss - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I was very slow at farming/grinding coins and got my herc egg at like.. level 96.
    Let's just say I lived in room 4 of Cube for quite a while. b:sad

Oh and I got my nix when I was level 101... Try grinding on the MQ air mobs or the Staunch Worms by Tideborn City :D

What mobs are those form the MQ? are they easy?
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Herc 1-90, Nix 1-90, Puppy 40-90 and misc others.

Seriously very unpleasant. The air pet is the worst, you just have to grind and grind everywhere and anywhere there is mob the level of your pet.

The land mob I pretty much only do in Room 4 of the Cube. Even my Herc needs to go in there every level or so now since it doesn't level up from BHs.

*Sigh* they need to fix this. Mystics: re-summon and voila leveled up pet.b:angry
  • Meimeixo - Heavens Tear
    Meimeixo - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I can't remember the name of the MQ, but they have fairly low HP. b:surrender
    Also, besides finding the same level mobs, look for easy to kill [?] mobs, which will give the full 15 exp to your pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nerotic - Sanctuary
    Nerotic - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Every time I was a veno, I've gotten pet to at least 53. During which, I was told after to try to lvl it up in Cube. b:pleased
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Leveled my Herc from 1 - 99.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Itori - Lost City
    Itori - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sadly, the only pet past 95 is the herc now b:surrender only one I really use unless I'm luring.

1-90 in the cube 90-100 grinding in Unicorn Forest and it's past halfway to 101. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no shame in losing when there is no honor in winning.
    edited August 2011
    Oh yea, I forgot to add that I level my scorpion off of quest mobs. It's currently 83 from lvl 2. I mostly just use it for the OHT daily :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Levels 1-90 for Hercules for me. I went near Swiftwind village at first. That way I made a little profit,too. It was also an emotional thing as I had trained all of my tank pets there; Windwalking Piggy, Shaodu Cub. At around lvl45-48 I tried to get in Cube, in which I stayed until Atlas, my Hercules, was lvl82. I didn't feel like staying longer in there and the Hercules was already able to tank some stuff even at that level. I went ahead and did a few FCC runs to test it out.
    The rest of the levels (83+) were done outside Snowy village at those melee mobs. That until lvl 100. I would always dedicate an hour or two to train my two main pets before leveling my Venomancer further.

I've had more but that's the "biggest" thing I've done with pet leveling.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kittsuko - Sanctuary
    Kittsuko - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    My Walker leveled up with me. It has never fall behind much. But I have to mice bash in cube for the cub. Since I'm lazy it has been slow going. b:cute

I level my piggy at the MQ mobs or the staunch worms. I prefer the MQ mobs tho cuz the staunch worms run. b:angry
    edited August 2011
    Yea, in terms of my piggy and plumpfish, I rarely do quests anymore. Least of all, quests that require water and air mobs because they are so frustrating. Quests just aren't worth it anymore......actually I don't think they ever were except for the rep and maybe equip rewards b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I got my herc at 95, nix at 101... so ya x__x
    Lots of mice bashing and luckily, past maps helped me lots lol

Also got a 100 kowlin and a 96 lyncean hunter who pretty much leveld up with me :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    b:chuckle Well, when the TB expansion came out, I tamed about 9 new pets and leveled them all from their respective levels to 49 to try them out. Took about 3 weeks of constant cube grinding, but fun. =) Gave me something to do while I was waiting for the forced hair change they pulled on my old cleric to be fixed, which never happened ;__;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Aww I remember those hair changes :(

Husband of Hazumi!!!!!
    I didn't know your Phoenix is 101...that must have been quite some training there XD I'm trying to get my Hercules and Kowlin to that lvl,too.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Husband of Hazumi!!!!!
    I didn't know your Phoenix is 101...

Nah, it's 100 still lol But whenever I get bored I'll spend 3 hours in old scarred I guess.. that should do the trick xD Lazymancer~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    My nix was 1-101. ~_~ Took freaking-for-ever to get it from 100 to 101...100k exp? And then you need 500k exp to get it to 102? Oh good god.

I got him up to about 95 or so with the TB flying mobs, then used the north spiders (so I could also get DQPs), then the base quest lizards in the desert for 100-101.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I can't remember the name of the MQ, but they have fairly low HP. b:surrender
    Also, besides finding the same level mobs, look for easy to kill [?] mobs, which will give the full 15 exp to your pet.

Yes I believe this is true... The highest amount of EXP points your pet will get is 15 so find air or water mobs that yield that amount of EXP and grind them. (Sorry can't tell you which ones are best cause then EVERY ONE WILL BE THERE, and you all know how doing "Wicked Pirates" is when it's really busy. KSing and hogging mobs.
    I got my Herc as soon as I could so I didn't have to spend days leveling it, but still have to go into the cube about every 2 levels and level ALL my pets (it gets very grueling) because doing it with mobs is so very inconsistent. My only gripe is they should triple the mobs in room 4 because I can clear the room with my pet and me hammering away at them.
    For air and water pets, I get the ones with good stats and trade them in as I go. I do up grade some that I think will be around, like my Glacial Walker which is my backup and alternate for a tank pet. Another for magic, one for speed, one for taming low levels ect.
    Instead of a Phoenix I got air pets close to my level and later got a Petite Sawfly that I pull out and grind on once in a while to level. The sawfly will be my main air pet once leveled and rebuilt, the other will become the backup. This all seems to be working so far.
    Any way you look at it your going to have to stop and take time to do maintenance on your pets, that's how it's done. One other thing that needs to be changed in this game is the availability of the rare pet skills which are virtually unavailable unless you are a high level veno in a dominating faction that hijacks the Dragon Temple resources from other players.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ...I will be holding off on levelling my sawfly (currently 50 - veno is 90) until Christmas and then do it on the Snowmen.....
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    *Sigh* they need to fix this. Mystics: re-summon and voila leveled up pet.b:angry

As annoying as this must be(my venos only 60 so lvling pets is still easy) it is SORT of understandable from a story telling sort of point. Mystics more or less summon their pet with their spirits thus it sharing their level makes sense

We(have a veno...not switching accounts to post XD) are just adorable foxes that charm animals into doing our bidding for usb:kiss and thus they need to be gain any expebrience like any other wild animal would...killing tombstones in a magical underground tomb while being force fed cookies
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elmrek
    elmrek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Did about 80 levels on the herc mice bashing ... set it up F1 veno scarab --- tab F1 rinse and repeat .. shrunk the screen down so I could see when to hit transfuse .. opened the wine and watched tv on the laptop for hours b:chuckle

Did 1-99 on the nix same way on the worms in tb
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    third chronomap-
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The fastest method I found in the mice room was to tab (select target) and pet attack, then tab to next target, wait for Herc to kill target, you can tell when targets health bar vanishes, then pet attack again.

I would keep the Veno running all the while from potential target to potential target.

I had to use this method because plain old stay in one place and tab does not work too well when you are NOT the only person in the room. Try to visit the cube on a non prime time like mid week during work hours. If you go on a Saturday, you may have to share the room with 3-4 other Herc owners, so you have to kind of stake out your territory (1 quadrant of the room) and stick to it, otherwise it turns into a competition that wastes more time than it saves.
    Just some guy
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Got my herc when i was around lvl 85 cause i got so damn annoyed my bear was starting to lose aggro the more FCC's i did.
    i think i camped out in cube for a solid week, determined to get that herc up my lvl.
    though alot of it was spent getting to that room.b:surrender
    then when i was about to hit 99 i farmed second map in OHT for coin, dq to pay for my armor.

At the moment my herc is SO damn close to hitting 101 it's not funny, i think i need to go into OHT again and get his yellowey *** up, cause tbh i -do- think it makes a difference.

Idk how, i just assume it does XD.

Other than that i used to use the darkwanderer from it's starting lvl to 70 O.o ... i think.
    and then switched to Shikuo valorian till i was 85 to use the bear.

Aside from lvling my herc i didn't -really- need to lvl up my pets cause they lvled up with me and used them according to the situation.

Recently got a Nix, which is i think 25 now. He only gets taken out when i do the fact quests or i'm helping someone and i 2 shot mobs.
    Safe to say, somewhere i wondering why i got a nix. i hardly use it.b:sad
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Foxchu - Archosaur
    Foxchu - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    herc lvl1-95 lvled him up in cube room 4 till lvl 80 or so and took him into FC, there he lvled up quiet nicely and quick too.

Nix lvl1-65 (currently) all from the worms outside of raging tides b:surrender so boring

kowlin lvl60-69 he got a few lvls from bhs but not many as i had a glacial walker that needed the mobs and then he got a few lvls from fcing too

shaodu cub lvl20-59 from cube :/

hope this helps b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Fear the Fox~

at the end of the day... idc if i'm "pro" or have the best gear... cause i know i'm an awesome veno cause i pour my heart into my character and give her life <3