About sin's stopped walking glitch

Nymphali - Dreamweaver
Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
If you are a sin, you know what it is. If you are not, you probably has a sin on your squad saying he would relog in to unglitch the fearsome "Stand-walker glitch".

The most amazing (sarcasm) things about the stand-walker glitch is:
- You walk while you standing still
- To attack, you must click like 65535 times on the mob/boss or spam your auto attack Hotkey.
- It renders most skills quite dificult to use, like, wolf emblem, eruption, focused mind and even Town portal >_<"
- If you Die while sin-glitched, when you revive your glitch becomes a Freeze. Your toon does nothing.
- When you relog, you lose all your nice buffs you got and all your sparks you had :|
- Sometimes, squad leader goes afk when you relog and you get teled out >_<"
- Even flying, it still hard to use all skills and hard to attack.

A way to unglitch it while we wait a definitive solution: If you're in world map, go to a instance. if you're in a instance, go to world map. Then just go back to wherever you was.
Or relog in and lose all your sage bp and Beast king inspiration and Strength of the titans and other nice boofs, together with your sparks b:cry
This glitch should be fixed soon b:sad

Or at least, I would like to know how does it happen so i may try to avoid it.
Post edited by Nymphali - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    It's a side effect of people using Dragoonz to level. It should be "fixed" soon, we all know PWE loves fixing glitches right?

/lolsarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Always called it the running glitch on my server o_O

But yeah, it sucks. Welcome to imPerfect World. It probably wont get fixed, I mean its been like a year and a half already, so just deal.

It has something to do with quick range changes im sure, I get it most often when I go from using PowerDash to Autoattacking, which results in moving closer and often being run glitched after.

Protip, dont relog without checking squad leader isnt afk.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sometimes I wonder if it is the way the Devs nerfed sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If you are a sin, you know what it is. If you are not, you probably has a sin on your squad saying he would relog in to unglitch the fearsome "Stand-walker glitch".

The most amazing (sarcasm) things about the stand-walker glitch is:
    - You walk while you standing still
    - To attack, you must click like 65535 times on the mob/boss or spam your auto attack Hotkey.
    - It renders most skills quite dificult to use, like, wolf emblem, eruption, focused mind and even Town portal >_<"
    - If you Die while sin-glitched, when you revive your glitch becomes a Freeze. Your toon does nothing.
    - When you relog, you lose all your nice buffs you got and all your sparks you had :|
    - Sometimes, squad leader goes afk when you relog and you get teled out >_<"
    relog again shortly before your timer is off, it resets the timer-
    you can stay in the instance like this as long as you want..

- Even flying, it still hard to use all skills and hard to attack.

A way to unglitch it while we wait a definitive solution: If you're in world map, go to a instance. if you're in a instance, go to world map. Then just go back to wherever you was.
    Or relog in and lose all your sage bp and Beast king inspiration and Strength of the titans and other nice boofs, together with your sparks b:cry
    This glitch should be fixed soon b:sad

Or at least, I would like to know how does it happen so i may try to avoid it.

i get this stupid glitch at least once a day, and no its not power dash
    mostly get it in FC when killing mobs in big room single target (not using power dash there)

oh and how about bms and sins just wont start attacking for some people (me) when u click attack -_-

why doesnt this happen to those who attack me??? QQ
    i like potato
  • Darcwolf - Lost City
    Darcwolf - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I get the error almost every time I teleport to someone or a mob.
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i get this stupid glitch at least once a day, and no its not power dash
    mostly get it in FC when killing mobs in big room single target (not using power dash there)

oh and how about bms and sins just wont start attacking for some people (me) when u click attack -_-

why doesnt this happen to those who attack me??? QQ

I know its not powerdash, I used it as an example of what I meant. Its something with moving a very very short distance and trying to attack, hence I get it fairly often with PowerDash personally. Ive noticed that people using the +2m range daggers dont seem to get it at all, since mobs move in closer than the attack range to hit you usually, whereas mobs usually hit you from a little further than normal daggers reach otherwise.

God knows to be honest, but from its nature and when it seems to happen, I blame something to do with your on-screen location appearence, where the mob is and where you appear to attack from in relation to what the server is seeing. Its probably a client / server conflict that doesnt trigger a kick for some reason.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I found an awesome solution to fix all these glitches and bug's that we have gained in past patches:

Stop making pointless patches altogether, revert the earthguard and tideborn off the game back to the 3 original classes, get rid of PV and other pointless add-ons that may cause server lag/glitches, just a thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • _lolkae_ - Raging Tide
    _lolkae_ - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I found an awesome solution to fix all these glitches and bug's that we have gained in past patches:

Stop making pointless patches altogether, revert the earthguard and tideborn off the game back to the 3 original classes, get rid of PV and other pointless add-ons that may cause server lag/glitches, just a thought.

why don't you stop being a troll
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    why don't you stop being a troll

This, or learn to troll better. Some of the mods and PWE employees' posts are good places to start your learning ... b:chuckle

Also, trolling works better if you can count. ijs.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Is there some older version of PW I don't know about?b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    eh she ment 3 races, but even then we go back to old glitches and would qq about them again.

fox veno has tons of graphical glitches, venos swim skill in general, nix bleed qq ect ect
  • HotBanana - Lost City
    HotBanana - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    lol, the reason the damn glitch happens is because of a graphical error that has to do with the sin's auto-attack feature. If you sit there and spam auto-attack all damn day long, of course your going to get glitched out the ***.

All you have to do is click the auto-attack once and your done, your on auto-attack. Also if you have issues (like boss AoE interrupt, or some ****) just double click the boss and you WON'T get glitched. It's very simple...yet so many people don't realize it b:worried
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ahh fond memories of QQ'ing about venos QQrapebirds, wizards always 1 shotting HA/LA/AA with ulti's, and just general random ****....god where to the good times go
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    lol, the reason the damn glitch happens is because of a graphical error that has to do with the sin's auto-attack feature. If you sit there and spam auto-attack all damn day long, of course your going to get glitched out the ***.

All you have to do is click the auto-attack once and your done, your on auto-attack. Also if you have issues (like boss AoE interrupt, or some ****) just double click the boss and you WON'T get glitched. It's very simple...yet so many people don't realize it b:worried
    I'm guilty of spamming auto-attack just because I run multiple browsers while playing PW and my frames per sec goes down, so when I do a skill and try to autoattack I just stop attacking, so I keep hitting my auto-attack key. However, I'm told this glitch happens when using certain skills while moving, as in holding down a movement key.

So I had my wife use her mouse for movements and clicking on places instead of keyboard movement keys and she hasn't got a single sin run-in-place/lag skill/rubberband-in-one glitch in FF since.

I'm also fairly sure people know relogging and teleporting (especially the teleport following Messenger of Fear, or in rebirth just running into the portal and re-entering the 85+ rebirth for those over 85) via quest/NPC will get rid of the glitch.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Haven't had running bug in a while, only if I use shadow teleport/jump in OHT then it happens nearly every time, every time when I do delta (which is rare), I hope this glitch will not happen, I wonder if sins with longer range addons on dags also experience this issue?!
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Haven't had running bug in a while, only if I use shadow teleport/jump in OHT then it happens nearly every time, every time when I do delta (which is rare), I hope this glitch will not happen, I wonder if sins with longer range addons on dags also experience this issue?!

One of those longer range add-on daggers would be R9. And I think that we'd know that by now and/or it'd be fixed.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Titsania - Lost City
    Titsania - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I used to get this glitch a lot but did some searching and googling and found it was caused by "mashing" the normal attack button. Since I still run frost the old way ie all the way through the big room when clearing the mobs I tend to tab and hit normal attack. I have had to force my self to tab and click as apposed to continually click the attack button and hitting tab every time i need a new mob. This really only ever happened to me in frost but did happen during public quest one time also. Never seems to happen on the world map only in instances. As for OHT may I suggest not using shadow teleport or shadow jump as that gets you stuck in the terrain.
  • Squirrel - Harshlands
    Squirrel - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    to all stupid sins i hope they never fix it . just make a char and play the game stop hiding
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    in all of the time on pwi that i've played my sin, i've only had the running glitch happen to me once.

just once, in all 102 levels XD

friends call me lucky because they've had it on a daily basis.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    in all of the time on pwi that i've played my sin, i've only had the running glitch happen to me once.

just once, in all 102 levels XD

friends call me lucky because they've had it on a daily basis.

"all 102 levels" is a roundabout way for a sin to say 3 weeks.

And the running glitch is a genius nerf.
    Keep up the good work devs.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    "all 102 levels" is a roundabout way for a sin to say 3 weeks.

And the running glitch is a genius nerf.
    Keep up the good work devs.

Mind you, sir, Skai is a man of honor. He would never abuse the dragoon glitch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • ryan93292
    ryan93292 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    to All Stupid Sins I Hope They Never Fix It . Just Make A Char And Play The Game Stop Hiding

Awww Qq Some Mor While I Stick My Dagger Up Your *** Hahahah
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This now affects all APS classes....congratz dev's you found a way to nerf aps and **** off players more.

b:victoryb:victory
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I don't know if this would help, but I know why I was constantly having the run glitch.

I don't know if anyone mentioned a small preventive tip here -- I suggested one awhile back in another thread, I think.

But the reason why I kept getting it was because I had the melee button (the thing with the single sword from your emotes window if you dunno what I'm talking about) set up in my hotkeys and I kept smashing it quite a bit every second in some intense battles -- especially ones where bosses like to disrupt your melee.

Now I just hit it once and I'll watch my BP or the attacks or watch my chi go up to verify if I'm hitting or not. If not, well, I'll melee again or I'll click the boss/mob instead.

o: Now I don't have this problem because I'm not rapid firing on my poor F1 key (my melee button).

o: So a tip...is to stop abusing your melee key in your hotkeys!!!

I dunno if it'll work for anyone else, but it has for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Engeli - Sanctuary
    Engeli - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ughsss... i so know this bug -.-

its actually made me so mad on my sin, that i simple just stopped playing it. xD was doing alot of fccs at the time. xD
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm surprised no one noticed this before and didn't say anything....

N-N-N-NECRO!
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • TrueMax - Sanctuary
    TrueMax - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm surprised no one noticed this before and didn't say anything....

N-N-N-NECRO!

weird cause i have never experienced it on my 100 bm or sin. guess only those that glitch have the problem :P I hope its the punishment from the devs to glitchers.. ijs
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    weird cause i have never experienced it on my 100 bm or sin. guess only those that glitch have the problem :P I hope its the punishment from the devs to glitchers.. ijs

Does a poor noob sin like me look like i glitch? lol b:shutup

Anyway this used to happen to me alot cuz i spammed my auto atk key a ton b:surrender

It rarely happens now and all i changed is not spam pushing my keys over and over repeatedly...so o.o b:bye

close this necro ( i just had to reply o.o)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It rarely even happens anymore, even less than rubberbanding lol, you must be really lucky to get it then, last time I even had the running glitch was probably several months ago.
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    My sin used to have this problem. It was caused because I kept hitting my "1" key to make him attack after sparking, since sometimes I would attack something 1 time then he would just stop. But since I stopped doing that I have had no problems.
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~