Perfect world ruined by money

mynameisaria
mynameisaria Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Suggestion Box
As the title says,this game is (in my opinion) perfect,it's got all i ever wanted from a game ...but! IT'S RUINED!!! i have been trough some games and knew what i wanted ,and what other ppl want to.

The problem is that ,paying real money gives some players realy big advantages ,which is not fair... Isay cash shop ok,but in cash shop should things that add like 5% advanage (some charms, funny second inventory pets ,and flowers,fireworcks etc.) But some greedy ppl decided,no,we shoul put things that should be normal to have in other games ,like normal sized inventories, or stash,this way we'l get rich!

I suggest ,the things that give to much advantage to players that don't spend money on something imaterial (waste money) should be at least in a quest ,if not from the verry begining...after all, this is the only thing that's ruening the game (b:cry).

Don't worry GM ,you won't lose to much money,if the game is perfect,players will come,and they will want to have fun whit things in cash shop,many people do [just fix this!!!].
Post edited by mynameisaria on

Comments

• Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    your inventory and bank can be updated to 4 by quests...

Do you need more?

or do you need the edge, the advantages it can give you ?

you can play with only 4 slots.. you need only do more returns to the bank ( sell more and keep less).

Do you need a mount? no you can play without. It only gives you an edge.

Do you need Gardian Angels? no .; just dont die or just grind more to get back the lost Xp.

You dont need the items in the Cash shop.; they only gives you an edge.. renders the game easier.. but doesnt keeps you from playing.

Have you tried others F2P ?
    2 comes to mind.; the disney one= you can stay under level 20 (and be slaves to others) .. or pay to level and have real access to the game.;
    and that other one.. where you land on a new planet to terraphorm... but just to get to play .. you need an AXE, and they can only be obtained with cash shop.. you cant do anything without an Axe.

I dont think PW forces yuou to buy anything.. you only do it for comfort.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    YES remove everything from boutique/cash shop.

so player like you can have a fair game, while PW have 0 income.
    so PW can pull money out of their own pocket to keep the server alive.
    pay their employees so they can make you a happy kid..

YES do it..
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    so you'd rather have the game subscription based? I'd just leave the game if that happened. Unless you decide to start advertising in-game, which could work as well...but you wouldn't make as much money.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Islanzady - Harshlands
    Islanzady - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Wow,tuff words... first...i haven't been spending my time searching for what can give me an edge (a prety unfair for othes edge) so i diden't even know all of those things exist... mounts and guardian angels are ok to be in cash shop,i was actualy talcking of the things that should normaly be in game.Let me number those that i loocked into: A larger stash,a larger inventory ,a larger inventory for pets and world chat. That's it ,no angels,no mounts no...other doheckies that you said,for now if these are put into balance ,it's all ok.
    Second,the GM WON'T lose so much money, the cash shop should exist,no problem as long as there are no "buy max lvl scrol!" if you know what i mean :|.The mounts and dreses and...guardian angels and so on,will get selled! I don't thinck you have noticed ,but i'm not ascking something that bad....
    Third,if i was a chield... i would be acting like nuts and cursing everithing,so lets keep our calm and understand eachotherb:victory
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Let me number those that i loocked into: A larger stash,a larger inventory ,a larger inventory for pets and world chat.

You can live with the inventory and Bank with 32 slots.; its just a little harder to stash things and keep things in the long run .

inventory and bank enlargement are just small advantages, small edges... not something that makes you play better.

World chat.. there are enuff other canals .. most ppl ignore them, its easier to let things be known.; but you can live without.

there is no thing in the cash shop you cant play with..
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

• Islanzady - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    there is no thing in the cash shop you cant play with..

Ya but it's dam hard whitout it to... this is a game where you need a lot of space to deposit things into.I played some other games where i sometimes thought i need more space ,clean upt the stash.... but in the situation right here i'm almos always thinck "Damn i need a hell lot of space!!!".
    You know... you might be right,i can live whitout cas shop items...as easy as i can live whitout the game... but there's no fun in that,now is it?
    Oh,and when i reached lvl 10,A pop up told me that now i can world chat ,but if i want to say something again ,i have to wait 30 seconds,unles i buy a tele-whatever. I thought "Greate :D,at last now i can make my questions visible and hopefuly anseward" But it's a very sad feleing finding out that you can't.... mostly world chat are for noobs, ppl recruters and ppl that have something interesting to sell.
    And the pet inventory,what's up with that??? i need 3 pets (earth,water,air) and i only have 2 slots,wtf??? This one realy leaves me b:faint
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    try playing "Pirates of the caribean" or "Utopia" .. you ll see that .. you really need real money to do anything ( Just for breathing !!!)

• Islanzady - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Well maby that's whi i'm not playing them :).If i start a game i try to inform my self about what is free and what not.When i started Perfect World i thought... i don't even need more space,but i was wrong... so it doesn't make it perfect anymore. I'm realy feeling that i'm talcking to somebody ho will get realy pissed off if he found out that the money he spent were usles because the GM made it free.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I'm realy feeling that i'm talcking to somebody ho will get realy pissed off if he found out that the money he spent were usles because the GM made it free.

You are wrong....

After 10 years playing P2P games.; i did get to F2p some time ago .. and the money i did put on the gfame .;was because.; :
    1 = I can put that money in it
    2 = i thought it worth it.
    3 = If tomorow some things i did pay for, got to be free, i wont be pissed .. i needed them i bought them, ..now every body does have them.. they do have more chance than me.. and my rerolls will have it too .

But my point is that perfect world cash shop doesnt impact the way you can play or experience the game , it is a real F2P, and not some false F2P that really needs you to pay to enjoy the game.
    Cash Shop items will permits you to better enjoy the game, do more things.. but they arent MANDATORY.

• Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think the inventory and bank thing is a bit of a pain TBH (and I have already bought a SI Stone and a Bank Stone lol). At most I would say just make the quest to upgrade it a little less insane. Especially because it is hard to hold onto all that junk when you do not have the room to begin with. However, it can be upgraded with quests, at least the bank I have not seen the inventory upgrade quest.

Some prices for some things are a little nuts in the Botique and the random colors of clothes is a bit annoying really but other than that I would say that there is nothing super disbalancing there or that bad in all honesty. I say they have done a rather good job with Botique for the most part and certainly this is far and away the best FTP MMORPG ever without question.
  • Islanzady - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Hey,you catched my point b:laugh ,good to hear that ,and i rethought my sugestion to... lets not make the cash shop items in quest ,just make the stash bigger ,and if so ,ad more slots to the super safe stone to,ex:stash x2 = super safe stone x2 and so one.And if that's done,i can certanly live whit the curent inventory.
    "Just to mutch junck to hold on to"

PS:i thought the supersafe stone gives like stash x2/3 ...cos that's what i thought i need,but for just 4 slots,thats fear.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Theses things should come soon ..

The 2 other panels in the bank .. Materials and Vestements.
    Quest you can take up now with a message saying , not ready yet.; you can trash the quest.

• Molian - Sanctuary
    Molian - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    pw is the best free mmorpg, you even can buy cash-shop gold for ingame gold ... and man, in another f2p game you nearly cant login anyhow without cashshop ;)
  • Szhira - Sanctuary
    Szhira - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    There is no need to pay real money for these things. You can either buy gold with coins or buy the item from other players.

All they are doing is exploiting player laziness. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    And the pet inventory,what's up with that??? i need 3 pets (earth,water,air) and i only have 2 slots,wtf???

you have 2 slots and can do 3 quests (collect hay, fruit, fungus) to get more. so you can have 5 slots, and it's already hard to keep 3 pets leveled.

just pick "find the materials" if you get any quests with this option. then you'll have to find ingame items from mobs to finish the quest.
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Islanzady - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    which shows that i'm still a n00b at the game b:chuckle thnx for the info, and what quest expands my stash?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hey,you catched my point b:laugh ,good to hear that ,and i rethought my sugestion to... lets not make the cash shop items in quest ,just make the stash bigger ,and if so ,ad more slots to the super safe stone to,ex:stash x2 = super safe stone x2 and so one.And if that's done,i can certanly live whit the curent inventory.
    "Just to mutch junck to hold on to"

PS:i thought the supersafe stone gives like stash x2/3 ...cos that's what i thought i need,but for just 4 slots,thats fear.

Yes too much junk to hold on to. However, this makes the game more challenging. The idea is to make you "improvise" to get the quest done.

I mean, if you can get everything with litle or no effort, What's the idea then?
  • _abby - Sanctuary
    _abby - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i normally play with the default storage capacity i have alts that store my spare weps and such on a second login in case i ever need them again
    i do tend to reuse weps on a lower level char also i found that the postbox makes great storage : )can hold maybe 40 items indefinetly i think (gonna check that in a few
    im the master of oddities b:laugh and leader of sanity b:chuckle if u got a problem tell me to my face or keep your issues to yourself b:cool
  • Csythe - Heavens Tear
    Csythe - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you can't or won't spend cash money to help support the game and you still want the cool cash shop stuff, grind your **** off and make enough money to buy it from someone willing to sell the stuff to you. For instance I am actually dumb enough to pay 50k for a guardian angel simply because I cannot afford to pay cash at this time. This game rocks cash or no cash.
  • salvagedeternity
    salvagedeternity Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    IMO. sure, i dont like the fact that players can gain what is known as "an unfair advantage" by paying real money for it, IE the phoenix or herc, inv stones and safe stones and such, or whatever else it may be. you CAN pay coins for it, like i had some extra gold from buying something, like 3 gold or so, and someone wanted it, so i got their item with my 3 god, and they gave me 300k coins. it is possible to pay coins for the gold items, but to me it doesnt seem like it happens all the time, i see people trying to buy gold all the time, but i really dont see people selling gold very often, pretty much never. In all honesty i really like this game, and if they didnt have a boutique, id probably donate to them, for doing such a good job (minus my few dislikes that i have). i bought what i felt i needed from the cash shop, sure itd be great if you could do a hard quest or put forth a huge amount of coins instead of 20 dollars for a cage, or safe/inv stone , ill never pay for it again because its 20 freaking dollars (because its over 10 gold so you have to buy 20 dollars worth) but the point is, thats how it is and neither you or i can change it, because PW makes there money off it and no matter what you or I say, to them we are paychecks, there not going to sacrifice that...EVER, not in this economy. so you can either deal with it, or stop playing, having to pay cash for non required to play game items does not ruin the game, it just prevents poor people like me from being the best of the best.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    IMO. sure, i dont like the fact that players can gain what is known as "an unfair advantage" by paying real money for it, IE the phoenix or herc, inv stones and safe stones and such, or whatever else it may be. you CAN pay coins for it, like i had some extra gold from buying something, like 3 gold or so, and someone wanted it, so i got their item with my 3 god, and they gave me 300k coins. it is possible to pay coins for the gold items, but to me it doesnt seem like it happens all the time, i see people trying to buy gold all the time, but i really dont see people selling gold very often, pretty much never. In all honesty i really like this game, and if they didnt have a boutique, id probably donate to them, for doing such a good job (minus my few dislikes that i have). i bought what i felt i needed from the cash shop, sure itd be great if you could do a hard quest or put forth a huge amount of coins instead of 20 dollars for a cage, or safe/inv stone , ill never pay for it again because its 20 freaking dollars (because its over 10 gold so you have to buy 20 dollars worth) but the point is, thats how it is and neither you or i can change it, because PW makes there money off it and no matter what you or I say, to them we are paychecks, there not going to sacrifice that...EVER, not in this economy. so you can either deal with it, or stop playing, having to pay cash for non required to play game items does not ruin the game, it just prevents poor people like me from being the best of the best.

You could have sold your gold Higher ;) [gold is 155k ATM on sanctuary]

but thats not the point.

Have you tried talking to the Auctioneer ? there is an option = Gold trading.. that permits you to buy gold for coins , or sell your gold.

most ppl uses that options.. thats why you dont see many telling it in WC.

• Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ain't this goofy thread dead yet?

Money allows the game to continue running. I can't believe there is any debate about this. It's just silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • theheck0
    theheck0 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2011

I mean, if you can get everything with litle or no effort, What's the idea then?

NECROOOOO

But I just had to say this this guy was defending the cash shop and talking about things with no effort at the same time!!!

The world have to end right nao b:shocked

PS: Necrolock b:victory
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
This discussion has been closed.