-Channeling and Heavy Armor

Options
Sakubatou - Sanctuary
Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Seeker
Well, about ever 5th thread is someone asking about aps...

This isn't that. I'm 92.1% sure I'm going sage and am thinking about 100+ gear. I'm focussing on aoe power and defense as the purpose of my seeker and will not be too worried about regular attack. Instead, getting off my skills for better dps is the goal. Faster debuffs, faster vortex at the end of a pull...

So, what are my options for -channeling that doesn't nerf my build?

Rank 8 and Rank 9 rings.
Even Lunar magic ring is decent.
2 x TT magic ornies for -3%... could work I guess.

What do you guys think?
Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
Post edited by Sakubatou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Oi! Sexy. I scanned back about 5 pages and must've missed it. Thanks for the link.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • BigFIuffy - Archosaur
    BigFIuffy - Archosaur Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i never liked channeling much as a stat at all in perfect world. To me it seems so underwhelming. ReMakaBo has about the max amount of channeling you can reasonable get on a seeker and i hardly noticed a difference, in fact i would not have noticed if i did not know before hand. The rings are nice with rank 8/9 and i guess the lunar cape because there is nothing better (i use my barbs old HP lunar cape), but i like crit alot more on seekers so i went with the physical lunar ring instead of magical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i never liked channeling much as a stat at all in perfect world. To me it seems so underwhelming. ReMakaBo has about the max amount of channeling you can reasonable get on a seeker and i hardly noticed a difference, in fact i would not have noticed if i did not know before hand. The rings are nice with rank 8/9 and i guess the lunar cape because there is nothing better (i use my barbs old HP lunar cape), but i like crit alot more on seekers so i went with the physical lunar ring instead of magical.

Yea the vid is really hard to judge by, its more of a feel thing to notice it. I can feel a significant diference when equiped and not. Its kind of like driviing two cars, both are slightly diferent in pickup speed. You drive the slighly faster one awhile, then jump in the slightly slower one, but it don't feel so slight anymore lol... if that make sense.
    re
  • phatlewt1
    phatlewt1 Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If it helps, I'm using the r8 ring, the TT99 ornaments, and the lunar cloak and I have a total of -18 channeling. Yes, I notice the difference. I'll eventually add in the r9 ring for even more, but that is about it without sharding for more.

At this point, I can't really tell if I'd just be better off with ignoring -chann and going for more protection, but I like the feel of my faster casts, especially when I'm chaining skills on a boss or in PvP.

Its important to note that -chann won't increase your vortex damage. It'll get you started faster, but after that it doesn't increase your damage rate, I believe. If it did, I'd definitely say go get tons of -chann, but since it doesn't, I'd say its still a close call.