Which TT to solo for money?

Melodea_chan - Sanctuary
Melodea_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Venomancer
I have had this trouble deciding which TT to solo for money. I was convinced solo mode wasn't worth it and decided to try squad mode. Problem is, I'd need to have 3 other people to try squad mode and I'd need to pay other people to convince them to help me open squad mode and substances.

So I open TT 1-2 and do fine but Lord of Percussion drum boss proves problematic with his aoe without constant hp foods. Soulbanisher is a boss that I skipped because of his strong aoe that could one-shot me. Dimentora was another problem since his aoe one-shots if I don't lure him right. I figure squad mode is only worth it if you can solo 4 out of the 5 bosses but it proves to be quite difficult.

Someone else recommended I should solo TT2-1 or 2-2 solo mode instead since it is much easier and gives good pay if you're lucky with mat drops and fairy boxes.
Post edited by Melodea_chan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Drummer is quite hard at low level, yes. You can stay out of his AOE, but you need a very tough ranged pet to manage that. Not sure whether at your level it's possible or not.

Dimmy is EASY! At your level you should be killing dimmy in 1-3 no problems at all.

The lure is, admittedly, a pain. You'll probably be hit. Be in fox mode and have a decent defence is my advice.

I also like to use the BM-style lure. Smack bramble (guard? I forget. Not the 79 one, the 75% reduction one - unless you wanna use antistun apo items)
    And run past him through the teleporter. Have your herc sat between where you enter the room and him and catch him that way. And since you don't have a squad hiding behind the blue boxes (WHY is that rumour still live?) you don't even need to worry about his exact placement - just far enough that his guards won't come running.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Out of curiosity, which pet are you using to tank and what is you build?

Personally, I've found that TT1-3 mats sell good (probably due to the TT80 gold armor) but by reading your comment you'll probably be unable to do that TT for a while. However, maybe you can do solo mode of it.
    I find TT2-1 not to be worth it and I can only see few mats from 2-2 that sell decently and sadly the bosses I have in mind are not in solo mode.

Overall, I'd say for you to stick with 1-2/1-3 solo or squad mode. Those mats seem to sell quite well due to the high demand. On the other hand, just an idea, you could do multiple 1-1 runs (quick and easy) for fairy boxes and sell the mirages and with the mats you'll get you can probably make TT60 weapons and sell. Not sure how well that would work though.

Since you have trouble with the AoE it's wise to invest in your gear (and perhaps levels) for now. But you can use Bramble Hood during pulls or Ironguard (Absolute Domain -> Ironguard) to prevent 1shots.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Melodea_chan - Sanctuary
    Melodea_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Oh I'm using a herc to tank all of the bosses and I'm a squishy arcane build with bad equips and only a subpar TT70 weapon. I don't think my herc has trouble tanking any of the bosses. It was just me getting caught in drummer's aoe and Dimentora being hard to lure without me being one-shot.

I kind of forgot that veno has bramble hood to aid in Dimentora's lure too so I think that's my bad. I usually just stand next to a blue box, have herc attack it once and make it come back to me while I hide behind the blue box. Afterwards, I tell herc to wait before I move to the side of the blue box and start healing the herc, put it to attack and then DD the boss.
  • LadyBats - Archosaur
    LadyBats - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Oh I'm using a herc to tank all of the bosses and I'm a squishy arcane build with bad equips and only a subpar TT70 weapon. I don't think my herc has trouble tanking any of the bosses. It was just me getting caught in drummer's aoe and Dimentora being hard to lure without me being one-shot.

I kind of forgot that veno has bramble hood to aid in Dimentora's lure too so I think that's my bad. I usually just stand next to a blue box, have herc attack it once and make it come back to me while I hide behind the blue box. Afterwards, I tell herc to wait before I move to the side of the blue box and start healing the herc, put it to attack and then DD the boss.

If you have a lot of problems with physical bosses aoe there are charms you can make for 100 p stones that reduce physical damage by 50%, they are what i used to survive 2-3 AE's random aggro when i was a little lower. Good for occasional use , not that great for constant spamming