Revamp Old Classes

Vailynn - Harshlands
Vailynn - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Suggestion Box
i really think we should add new stuff to the old classes before they get completely wiped out im not saying change the theme of them or the city or anyhting like that but maybe giving clerics more buffs are something new for venos or archers or wizzys :) i really hope they think about giving something to the older classes instead of building a bunch of new ones and letting the others die out. And this is coming from a girl who's a proud MYSTICb:chuckle
i really hope im not the only one feeling this and also if you guys have any suggestions for new stuff for the orignal 3 races then write them down maybe someone will hear them instead of me just ranting on about it b:laugh anyways one suggestion i would like to say is maybe giving clerics maybe one more main attack skill? hehe hey they need some damage too!
so leave your suggestions i would loveto hear them :)
IamMe deal with it ;)b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Vailynn - Harshlands on

Comments

• Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    for every "idea for new race" thread, you'll see i'm always ranting about how the old classes should be revamped instead.

Archers: would be nice if we had more tactical purposes. like being able to use traps. for every level the traps you can set is incresed.

Clerics: a freakin knockback skill would be nice. other ranged classes have, why not clerics? clerics are always portrayed as buffers and debuffers yet they only have like what? 4 debuffs?

BM: i can't think of anything for them cos i don't use em lol

Wizz: maybe one can take a pae from the BMs who have skills for certain weapons.

Barbs: again, can't say much about them cos my knowledge is very limited.

Venos: they have a freakin tree that is geared toward physical attacks, yet they have no weapons that can made use of this. they need weapons that give good phs attack with simi decent mag attack, the skills from that tree also need to be beefed up, they all suck compared to the physical skills other classes have.

it would be nice if the old classes got an updated look as well.
  • Vailynn - Harshlands
    Vailynn - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    for every "idea for new race" thread, you'll see i'm always ranting about how the old classes should be revamped instead.

Archers: would be nice if we had more tactical purposes. like being able to use traps. for every level the traps you can set is incresed.

Clerics: a freakin knockback skill would be nice. other ranged classes have, why not clerics? clerics are always portrayed as buffers and debuffers yet they only have like what? 4 debuffs?

BM: i can't think of anything for them cos i don't use em lol

Wizz: maybe one can take a pae from the BMs who have skills for certain weapons.

Barbs: again, can't say much about them cos my knowledge is very limited.

Venos: they have a freakin tree that is geared toward physical attacks, yet they have no weapons that can made use of this. they need weapons that give good phs attack with simi decent mag attack, the skills from that tree also need to be beefed up, they all suck compared to the physical skills other classes have.

i really like everything but the new look thing you said because the look is classic and having a new look would just make ppl rant about wanting the old oneb:pleased
    IamMe deal with it ;)b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I wouldnt really mind having some new skills as long as they actually work like they are suppose to and arent over powered. What i rlly wnt is a revamp in the animation of most of the older classes skills yes there are some awsome looking skills but most imo just suck hardcore. Seriously just take a look at what venos get for looks on there wood magic skill tree a different colored circle for each one its patheticb:spit.
    here is some examples for looks tht i think would be cool for veno skills

Ironwood scarab: i think tht pieces of wood from the ground should quickly smash together above the venos head forming an actual scarab and then thrust it at the enemy like it allrdy does.

Blazing scarab:it might not be the most useful but i still think it needs a new look so i propose tht flames should engulf the users body and then transfer upward above the user forming you guessed it a scarab made of flames

frost scarab:small ice chunks should quickly combine in a scarab above the user to form a freezing ice cold scarab

parasitic nova:it looks rlly cool to me now but i think there could be a whole lot more i think tht well channeling it you know when the skulls are all around you in a ring i think tht a coiled up snake should be right above the skulls encircling the user and when cast the snaked should go wide mouthed smashing right into the enemy well tht skulls still do there floating thing
    thts all i got for now hope you like the ideas
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide
    Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    how about for wizards every point of magic increases magic damage by 0.1%

so that when you have 500 magic points you deal 50% more damage then you currently do now.

after all i don't think its right that a well geared wizard will always be out damaged by a psy.
    patience is a virtue
  • anwynd
    edited June 2011
    how about for wizards every point of magic increases magic damage by 0.1%

so that when you have 500 magic points you deal 50% more damage then you currently do now.

after all i don't think its right that a well geared wizard will always be out damaged by a psy.

your not out damaged for say your just out dpsed lol from what i gather and from what alot of people say psy is for dps and wiz is for dph you shouldnt even care about what the psy is doing sense the two classes have different roles so dont worry and remember to take joy in the little things or a giant dragon of your creation 1 shoting 5+ people well you laugh evilyb:sinb:avoid
  • ctideborn
    ctideborn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Barb aggro skills need to be revamped. They're supposed to be the tank. Not some machine gun sin.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I agree that the old classes need a revamp. Both in skills and well... not even look, but textures. Kyna had a good suggestion on this one already :)
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1019671
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Earthbounds - Harshlands
    Earthbounds - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i agree (and also disagree) with revamping the old races, they should look like the two new races but should still lok like themselves (make them look new not adding and removing customization choices ).but thats not all i want to talk about.

first, i think each class (and i mean all classes) should get a few new skills (5 or 6 maybe) beacase having the same old skills seems a bit boring, new ones may help stop that.

second, certain areas. when i run around the game, most of the areas look plain and dull, preety much almost no trees, lakes, or so on, just flat or hillish.

third, the cities. PWE redid all of ether saga, so why not change the cities? just make them look a bit more amazing. here's what i mean:

city of the lost: since they live in what i think is a canyon, why not add a second floor like old civilization, a house on top of another.

city of the plume: make it look like it's floating, since winged elves fly at lvl 1. and add a few things onto the giant tree.

etherblade: make it bigger, the city looks big but sometimes feel tiny so just the expand it a little more

city of the raging tides: since almost everything there is a bit flashy, make it flashier, though not a lot to ruin someone's eyesight, and make part of the city underwater, keeping the water out with a barrier.

tellus city: make look natural, trees growing around the fountain flowers or weeds growing out of cracks, vines hanging almost everywhere, make the city look like it's full of life.

and finally, new weapons, not locked for certain classes (same for old), new armor, genies (just a new look no deleting them), pets (possibly a few that CAN be tamed by all classes in the wild), and new dance moves for old and new (tideborn) classes, their funny and good to watch, but they need a new style of dance, like the earthguards, (maybe group (squads or faction) or couple dances (when their embracing each other) along with it ). thats all... for now. my thought for this is possibly a future expansion or semi small updates. okay that's really all for now.
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i agree (and also disagree) with revamping the old races, they should look like the two new races but should still lok like themselves (make them look new not adding and removing customization choices ).but thats not all i want to talk about.

this wouldn't even be an issue cos all classes have diffrent fetures. earth guard have a gem on their foreheads, winged elves have wings on their heads, untamed are furries, tideborn are fishy, and humans are "normal". trust me, they'll still look like them selves. as for limited customization for the newer race, i THINK that has something to do wwith some sort of lawsuit i'm not sure if it's correct

first, i think each class (and i mean all classes) should get a few new skills (5 or 6 maybe) beacase having the same old skills seems a bit boring, new ones may help stop that.

no. only old classes need this. it's the old classes that are going the way of the dinosaurs due to the new classes being better. adding new skills to the old classes will make ppl play them again. the wizard, archer, and barbs(to an extend) numbers have fallen due to APS and BP the only old classes not being affected (this is my opinon from what i seen on heavens tear) are BMs clerics, and venos. adding skills to the new races will just give them even more power. sins can already insta kill you out the blue, what more could they possible need?

second, certain areas. when i run around the game, most of the areas look plain and dull, preety much almost no trees, lakes, or so on, just flat or hillish.

lol there are places like that in real life, it's no big deal

third, the cities. PWE redid all of ether saga, so why not change the cities? just make them look a bit more amazing. here's what i mean:

city of the lost: since they live in what i think is a canyon, why not add a second floor like old civilization, a house on top of another.

city of the plume: make it look like it's floating, since winged elves fly at lvl 1. and add a few things onto the giant tree.

etherblade: make it bigger, the city looks big but sometimes feel tiny so just the expand it a little more

city of the raging tides: since almost everything there is a bit flashy, make it flashier, though not a lot to ruin someone's eyesight, and make part of the city underwater, keeping the water out with a barrier.

errr no your ideas for the older cites are good, but the cities for the new races are very large and look epic

tellus city: make look natural, trees growing around the fountain flowers or weeds growing out of cracks, vines hanging almost everywhere, make the city look like it's full of life.

it doesn't already?O_o

and finally, new weapons, not locked for certain classes (same for old), new armor, genies (just a new look no deleting them), pets (possibly a few that CAN be tamed by all classes in the wild), and new dance moves for old and new (tideborn) classes, their funny and good to watch, but they need a new style of dance, like the earthguards, (maybe group (squads or faction) or couple dances (when their embracing each other) along with it ). thats all... for now. my thought for this is possibly a future expansion or semi small updates. okay that's really all for now.

more weapons yes, them being locked? yes and no. by all rights every class should have at least ONE weapon type that only they can use.

taming of pets is veno's forte, no one elses, if you're suggesting they be used in battle by all classes then no that isn't a good idea.

my thoughts in red.

PWE is throwing in new races with awesome skills but neglecting the older races. there is stil things that can be done to the old races, like giving them a sub class. similar to sage/demon, only it's something you choose at a much lower level. like i play as a cleric and choose to go the side branch priest, which gives better heals. or inquisitor which gives them more debuffs and attack spells.

i hope and pray PWE doesn't add new races anymore, at least not without seriously looking at the old races first
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    the unused psy skills should be released
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Archers: Archers should be just like Legolas and so versatile like. An assassin easily pwns archers *** since archers deal half damage on close combat and sins do tackling slash. Archers has only 1 skill that does full damage to melee targets, archers need melee skills with their own weapons, but melee hitting instead of ranged.
    New skill got at 89: Double Tension - Deal Base damage + 1500 to a target, then all attacks on the next 6 seconds will inflict a 15s bleed status for another same-amount of damage. Requires 3 sparks to cast.

Clerics: Clerics would deserve a knockback, because other rangers have it, but other rangers other than archers dont have a plume shell-like skill.
    New skill at 59: Array of light - Cast a buff on your self that Heals all friendly units within 8 meters area for 320 every 3 seconds. Lasts for 16 seconds. Requires 2 sparks to cast. (Would be a healing Edged Blur)
    New skill at 89: The reverse cleric - Using your mastery of the life and death you join a state of frenzy which allows your attacks to ignore enemies resistances for 6 seconds. Requires 3 sparks to cast.

Barbarians: What can I say? Barbs are tanks? No they aint, they're unable to hold agro with sin or psy on the squad.
    New skill at 59: Alpha Male - Deal base damage + 100% + 9500 to all enemies within 12m of you and cause them to bleed for 18000 damage over 60s, this attack generates a massive ammount of Threat, use it carefully. Requires 1 Spark to cast and white tiger form (would be a AoE flesh ream)
    New skill at 89: Beast King's Claw - Drags a 25m of you target to 2m of you and freeze it for 2s. Requires 20 chi to cast.

Venomancers: Well venos are the only hybrid class on the game so, lets make this a bit better.
    New skill at 39: Primitive Instinct - Allows the fox to draw 80% of your Magical attack into physical attack for the next 10 minutes. Requires 50 chi to cast and fox form.
    New skill at 89: Sea of angry maggots - (zhen skill) Deals base magical attack + 100% + 4560 damage in a 10m area around you every 3s. Consumes 750 mp every then. Each of this skill iterations has 15% chance to slow enemies by 80% for 3s. This skill lasts till you have no MP or manually cancel by pressing the ESC button. Requires 3 sparks to cast.

Blademasters: I did never play bm over lv 21 so I cant say much :\

Wizards: Well wizards are strong. But so slow and psychics are so strong as they are.
    New skill at 29: Do damage to enemy and enemies 10m around it.
    New skill at 89: The Meteor - Bend the earth around you to form a earth shield then fly up to the sky to fall like a meteor into your enemies and deal base damage + 700% + 15000 earth and fire damage to all enemies within 12 meters of your target, also brings you instantly to targets position. Requires 3 sparks and 99 chi to cast, its channeling cannot be interrupted by normal attacks.

Psychics: psys need nothing more, but lets give them a 89 skill.
    New skill at 89: Freezing sphere of DOOM!! - Freezes your enemy into a ice ball. During the next 15s enemy will be imune to all kinds of damages. Target will also will be unable to move or attack and will take your soulforce as water damage continuously during these 15s. Purifying target will also remove imunity buff. Purging target wont remove imunity buff. Requires 3 sparks to cast.
    New skill at 89: Mind voyage - Increases stealth level by 150. Become Imune to all kinds of damage and renders all your skills (except this one) unavailable. Slows you by 50% and lasts until you recast this skill or run out of mp. Costs 50 mp per second. You will be sealed for 3s when you uncloak this effect. You cannot attack, buff or collect things during Mind Voyage, spark bursts will also become unavailable. Cast this skill again to disable mind voyage. (Channeling time of this one shall be 5s).

Assassins: Sins are already strong enough :S
    New skill at 89: Shadow Ride - Ride the shadow world again. Increases stealth by 10. Attacking wont uncloak this status, however during this status your attack will be reduced by 90% and your speed by 50%. Spark burst, Spark burst+ and celestial eruption will dispell this effect. Your skills cannot cause enemies negative status effects during Shadow Ride. Costs 2 sparks to cast.
    new skill at 89: Intangible - Gives a buff that provides you 100% chance to evade attacks and debuffs, however you will walk 99% slower and your weapon attack will be multiplied... by zero. Lasts for 10s. Requires 1 spark to cast.
    New skill at 89: Hand-to-Hand - Seals and imunize you and your target for 3s, then puts a debuff on you and in your enemy target: During 10s all ones except your target will be imune to your damage and all ones except you will be imune to your targets damage. Also you and your target will be imune to 3rd party damages, statuses and heals. Dispels all negative status on you and your target. You and your target will also become imune to stun effect for 10s. Costs 3 sparks cast

Seekers: They just need these ones. Well i thought the barb should generate a bigass agro AoE, because he can survive to it, the seeker would be a good 1 to 1 tank but a good AoE DD, thing the barb wouldn't do.
    New skill at lv 9: Dilascerate - Does same as flesh ream does. Costs 20 chi to cast. ;)
    New skill at 19: Prod - Cancels enemy channeling such as Alacrity.
    New skill at 89: Creates an effect that will deflect 75% of all damage you take for the next 20s. Costs 3 sparks to cast.

Mystics: they're cool. dont need anything else, except for a stupid one, just like I did to above guys ;)
    New skill at 89: Bend Dimensions - Bending the dimensions allows your eyes to reach the Shadow dimension and see stealthed enemies. Increases your stealth detection by 30 for the next 12s.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hm... BMs have 4 skill paths but... it feels like 4 mini-classes put into one, since there's only a limited amount of skills for each path. So maybe if we had a LOT more skills for each path, hehehe... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I also think that old classes need some modifications or add ons to make them more usefull to play. My main is a 101 sage wiz and I still wait for the awesome DPH of the wiz to come because +att lvls for psy kills it and so on....

Personally i dont see large changes required just some small adjustments for the current skills and a revamp of some of the lvl 100 skills maybe

for instance for the wiz the lvl 79 skill elemental shell could get a 100% chance to purify instead of a 10% chance

the stun rates for sins have to be reduced from 100% to a lower value than the bm stuns

either the chi skill of the sin has to be sharply reduced or the % for chi generation for other classes have to be increased for instance lowering the cooldown for archers lvl 100 skill and increasing the 25% chance to get 30 chi on the wiz sage pyrogram to 50%.

small adjustments to reestablish balance would be enough no redesign required PWI just should make sure that the class descriptions are no longer missleading

greetz harm0wnie
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    my very first character was an archer. i'd been playing the game maybe three days when i thought to myself, "the home city of an all-flighted race has EVERY SINGLE NPC at ground level?!"

and raging tides is none of it underwater, either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Sharonah - Dreamweaver
    Sharonah - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    =] Giving older classes individual, spiffy meditation poses would be cool too. Earthguard and Tideborn have their own flower-y or mermaid-y poses when they meditate, but Winged Elves, Humans, and Untamed all have the same ones.

The new class-specific quest reward armor you got when you began playing as Earthguard and Tideborn was cool too. I'd like to see something similar for the older classes new players.

Also, it might just be me, but it felt like I could level my Earthguard characters up quicker staying in the Tellus area than other classes could staying near their home cities. But as I said, it might just be me, or maybe the layout of the Tellus quests or maybe I was playing during a 2x exp event and didn't know it. Though, if not, that might be something to consider too.

My suggestions plus the skill revamps (maybe some new quests for all levels, class-specific if possible) could help bring people (back) to play as some of the older classes.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Just give all class abilities or feature that can be abused like aps.
    So each of them can solo everything after spending about equal time and money.

Give glass canon one hit ability when enemy life on certain % or powerful debuff such as no recovery for few seconds. Future travel, reset position and life / mana.

Give archer ability that deal more damage if target has less hp, give ability that aimed to the ground then launch a high speed arrow that will badly hurt the enemy if hit.

Give barb undying body and bloody chop attack that make blood spray everywhere giving barb extra heal while also lowering enemy fighting capability. Give ability that make enemy forced to do normal attack to barb for few seconds, including players.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ...*cough* Speed boost skill for clerics please. ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Actually I'm going to disagree with you there, having played a hybrid HA/AA veno who made use of both skill trees for PK. All magic weapons have a Phys attack on them aswell as a Magic attack, granted it's less than the mag, however with the appropriate build it's a decent amount.

I remember having at least 4-5k P.attack with my Magic sword when I switched to fox form. Although it's actually quite low compared to other classes, depending on the weapon
    type they have quite a fast attack speed which makes up for it.

As for the cosmetics, yeah it really wouldn't hurt to update the older classes.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    anwynd wrote: »
    your not out damaged for say your just out dpsed lol from what i gather and from what alot of people say psy is for dps and wiz is for dph you shouldnt even care about what the psy is doing sense the two classes have different roles so dont worry and remember to take joy in the little things or a giant dragon of your creation 1 shoting 5+ people well you laugh evilyb:sinb:avoid
    How about role of Wizard in PvE in comparison with other classes ?

"Revamp Old Classes" - make Wizard dps class in PvE too.

You can remove "1 shoting 5+ people" since it can be replaced by something else (anything, like "invisibility" , for example).

Or give PvP only ability to Assassins, let them be visible DPH (how scare) class.

I got R9+12 and this is not a ...WOW nice gear on my server lots have this.
    Still, I made a small video to brag how cool am I...lol fail of me. We lost this TW, sadly our enemies were better. I died alot and took out that parts, making a Ulties and nice fight combo.
    99% of my targets are r9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdIvT-O1fp4

hope u like it
    got through about a minute of it, is there anything other than a one shot before cut to a new scene? I couldn't bring myself to watch the full 10 mins, but if you added in anything else, tell me what time to skip to please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissEva - Dreamweaver
    MissEva - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Primitive Instinct sounds like a great idea but why stop there? How about just doing a form for both weapon and armor since we cant swap out gear. Why not a Fox buff that would do: Exchange Attack/MagAttack & Magdef/Phydef values mulitiplied by..say .9. This way in Fox form you get a big boost to Phydefence at the expence of some physical attack and magical defence. (you deal less damage than you would in human form but with a nice boost to defence and without the nastyness of dealing with HA re-stats that have to be on the mark exactly). Thus you dont have to ever wear heavy armor NOR use massive strenth stat points.

The fox veno could tank in a pinch, survive magic/phyical 1 shot insta-death (if she chose the right form and buff), but not be a full heavy armor agro stealing OP monster.

Choosing the HA route would yeild nearly the exact same effect.

I mean, other than the occasional HA/LA veno, none use anything but Purge and Amp. Such a waste...
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm not a cleric, but implement a speed skill for them PLEASE. One, I'm tired of hearing them complain about being slow when people die and the barb doesn't care because he's rushing ahead, and two, it's only practical! You give the main tank class (barb) uber speed and leave the healer (cleric) in the dust with uber slowness.

As a veno, I completely implore the devs to implement a unique phys/mag hybrid weapon to make better use of the fox-tree melee-aimed skills.

Also agree that all the old classes (not the TB, not the EG) need new skills; and they need to be as available as the normal ones are. Knowing PWI they'll be like "you guys need to buy this, this, and this to unlock your skills" -.- please don't do that.
  • RenamonX - Sanctuary
    RenamonX - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yah I agree with the revamp of old classes.And old weapons and armors to.
    Like BM fists..just some glowing lights ...they really need something like these
    http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/2923/fistiescy8.jpg
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/fist%20weapons/snaek/lostfists.jpg
    http://planetmedia.gamespy.com/images/00/07/718_Fallout-3-20080921053737777.jpg
    Also with fists i expected lont of kockback skills..with claws i was expecting some bleed skills..And some awesome effects like When you leap up and punch in the grond it cracks around you.
    Barbs:Here is a idea that was suggested hundreds of times..if they can change shape why can't they change into the animal tehy are?They got the lowest customisation afterall.
    Venos:Some effects suggestions here are awesome and i agree with them.I also wold suggest revamping old tamable pets to..you barley see a veno with a magmite anymore..thats cause tehy look very dull.And the herc pet...yah its very good for tanking but looks ugly ..Nix can do with a revamping to..I saw way more awesome birds in these new expansions.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i really wish they threw some of the ideas in this thread into the game. maybe then i would actually start playing again. PWI is throwing far too many new races into the mix. you won't find many MMORPGs with so many races. those mmos would kee things freash by having a sort of class tree for players to use. example, a warrior can become a knight, from there he can choose to become a dark knight or paladin, and so on. this way, they keep the races down to a minimum but still have a wide verity of classes. of course it's to late for something like that now, the most we can ask for is new skills that have a completely different range of abilities.

it's 1000% stupid how BMs are the only class that have skills that change based on what weapon they have equipped. at the very least archers should have a similar set up like that, altho it's completely possible to have something like that for all the older classes.

as the above post said, it's rather stupid how cerlics, or spell casters in general are slow, **** skills they should all be running roughly the same speed. warriors where armor and a fit, but spellcasters ware ROBES. borderline WEIGHTLESS ROBES. these factors should by all rights balance them out
  • anwynd
    edited August 2011
    I say let archers use daggers and give them a whole skill tree just for them; this way when the mobs get up close you dont suffer from a damage reduction and can just whip out some daggers and make that mob regret not running from you hehehe.

Winged shell: If it is gonna recover mp it rlly shouldnt cost mp imo. I also think it should just reduce all damage by 30% this way its like a mini Wings of Grace but with out the movement increase or the immunity effects so i think 45 chi is still fair for using it. Sage would make the skill cost 10 less chi, well demon can stay the same.

StormRage Eagleon: This skill should be " dealing metal damage equal to base physical damage plus 200%(or 300%) of weapon damage plus 11151.2 " instead of dealing crappy DoT damage. I think this would be fair considering it costs a hefty 2 sparks. Sage & demon extra addons can stay the same.

Vicious Arrow: The wood damage should be straight up damage instead of DoT damage. It should also slow the opponents attack rate by 20% for 15 seconds.

Serrated Arrow: It should just be straight up physical damage instead of DoT damage. It should also paralyze for 6 seconds.

Thunderous blast: it should be "Inflicts metal damage equal to base physical damage plus 100% weapon damage plus 3354"

The wings that archer and cleric start out with shouldnt consume mp. For gods sake they are ment to fly and should be able to with out restrictions they are "The Masters of The Sky"
    Barbs should also be able to custimize the color of there fur and should also turn into the repective animal when in true form that they are.

Hailstorm: It should have a 100% chance to freeze targets.

Pyroshell,Glacial Embrace,Stone Barrier: i believe all 3 of these should be group buffs

Wellspring Quaff: It shouldnt cost a spark only the sage & demon version should.

Pitfall: its freezing effect should be 50%

Glacial Snare: it should reduce attack speed by 40% for 10 seconds(for gods sake it is freezing you dont you think you would be attacking slower along with moving slower).

Black Ice Dragon Strike: it should reduce attack speed by 60% for 15 seconds. i think this is fair because it costs 2 sparks along with a 30 second cooldown

Emberstorm: instead of taking 60% hp it should take mp.

Elemental Shell: it should have a 100% purify

Manifest Virtue: it should reduce water resist by 100% and have a 30% chance to reduce fire resist or earth resist by 100% for 8 seconds. i think this is fair because of what you have to go thru to even get the dam thing.

Arcane Antimony: i think it should be "Dealing both physical and wood damage equal to base magic plus 300% of weapon damage plus 5000"

Buddha's Guard: its cooldown should be 1-2 minutes

Blood Vow: the cooldown should be reduced to 1-2 minutes

Awaken: the cooldown should be 3-4 minutes

I think that archers should get an awareness skill that your awareness lvl should be +35 your lvl and it will allways be in effect. You would only be able to see the max range you can shoot. I think this is allright because as an archer aka sniper you have trained your eyes to see the unseeable. This skill should either be a lvl 79 or lvl 100 skill.

Shadow Jump: its range should be reduced to 25 meters

Shadow Teleport: its range should be reduced to 30 meters.

Shadow Escape: it should cost a spark instead of giving one and you will only remain in stealth for 30 seconds. it will also put Shadow walk in a 90 second cooldown.When in stealth all spark eruption are unuseable.

Deaden Nerves: this skill needs to be taken out of the game sins allrdy have enough protection skills. they allrdy get the first strike they shouldnt be able to survive and strong counter attack.

Inner Harmony: it should only give 1 spark and it should be a 1 lvl skill they have plenty of other ways to make chi still. Personally if it were up to me i would remove this skill or make it a lvl 100 skill

Srry if i jumped around all of these jumped into my head in the order i wrote themb:chuckle
  • theheck0
    theheck0 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Venomancers: New skill at 39: Primitive Instinct - Allows the fox to draw 80% of your Magical attack into physical attack for the next 10 minutes. Requires 50 chi to cast and fox form.

THE BEST IDEA I'VE EVER SEEN!!!! ^This will finally allow AA venos to be a real HYBRID class Plz watch this DEVS.b:dirtyb:bye
  • theheck0
    theheck0 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    anwynd wrote: »
    I say let archers use daggers and give them a whole skill tree just for them; this way when the mobs get up close you dont suffer from a damage reduction and can just whip out some daggers and make that mob regret not running from you hehehe.

Id say NO I know you ppl are really shocked by sins 'overpowereness' I am too b:surrender but you got to understand that **** them its NOT the solution they are an unique class that deserves the opornity to shine even if it includes being overpowered the solution is on making the other classes equal or at least comparable to them. As for the damage reduction they should give the archer more tricks to DONT let the enemy come to them more freezing paralyzing and stunning skills. I got shocked when I saw spidervine skill on mystics that is exactly what an archer needs TRAPS that catch,slow,frezee and stun the enemy for short duration I would quit the WHOLE LAME metal tree to have these traps. A healing skill would be good too b:surrender.
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    theheck0 wrote: »
    Id say NO I know you ppl are really shocked by sins 'overpowereness' I am too b:surrender but you got to understand that **** them its NOT the solution they are an unique class that deserves the opornity to shine even if it includes being overpowered the solution is on making the other classes equal or at least comparable to them. As for the damage reduction they should give the archer more tricks to DONT let the enemy come to them more freezing paralyzing and stunning skills. I got shocked when I saw spidervine skill on mystics that is exactly what an archer needs TRAPS that catch,slow,frezee and stun the enemy for short duration I would quit the WHOLE LAME metal tree to have these traps. I didnt wanted to make this but take a look on lineage 2 abalester class from kamaels their traps would suit just FINE to archers. A healing skill would be good too b:surrender.

agreed. let archers have traps instead. before sins popped on to the scene archers having daggers would have been a great idea, but now that they are here let them keep their unique weapon. to be honest, archers shouldn't even BE in melee. i think the few skills they have that don't have their power nerfed at close range kindda shows that.

if you ask me, archers should be like a counter to sins to some degree. in most fors of media, archers are always protaied is people with a highened sense of their surrounding, and excellent in making traps.

making it so that knockback arrow can knock back more when you level it up would also be nice.
  • Gidalia - Heavens Tear
    Gidalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    For venos, less fox skills. That is why I stopped playing my veno. I did not like using fox skills. Well... not less fox skills but more skills for human form.
  • anwynd
    edited August 2011
    theheck0 wrote: »
    Id say NO I know you ppl are really shocked by sins 'overpowereness' I am too b:surrender but you got to understand that **** them its NOT the solution they are an unique class that deserves the opornity to shine even if it includes being overpowered the solution is on making the other classes equal or at least comparable to them. As for the damage reduction they should give the archer more tricks to DONT let the enemy come to them more freezing paralyzing and stunning skills. I got shocked when I saw spidervine skill on mystics that is exactly what an archer needs TRAPS that catch,slow,frezee and stun the enemy for short duration I would quit the WHOLE LAME metal tree to have these traps. A healing skill would be good too b:surrender.

How would letting archers use daggers **** sins over o right it wouldnt and like you said "bring other classes up to there lvl" guess what this would. Sins would still shine with all there dam skills just letting archers use daggers wouldnt hurt at all. It would also improve archers lives sense they wouldnt have to put more str in for claws/fists and can just go pure like they should be able to. If this was done there would be 2 classes with the best dps in the game i dont see whats wrong with tht. You dont even have to give archers skills for daggers just let them use them ,it does make sense for them to be able to use them any how.

Letting sins be OP is just being plain lazy when it would be a hell of alot easier just to adjust the sins skills and not every other classes skills. I have a dam 5 aps sin for gods sake ik how OP they can be ,but i wouldnt mind at all if they were "fixed" to help in the long loooooong road of stabilizing the game.
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    For venos, less fox skills. That is why I stopped playing my veno. I did not like using fox skills. Well... not less fox skills but more skills for human form.

Not less fox skills, but more useful, interesting fox skills. Some really neat human-form skills as well.
This discussion has been closed.