Completed Mystic Guide.

Comments

• baipaxxvii
    baipaxxvii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Ok so im a level 57 Mystic, and i have a few questions

when I duel some one, isn't that person required to defeat my summon first?
    If not then, I will die immediately because my build is based off pure magic and no vit at all.
    If the person can attack either the summon or me then, is was i suppose to increase my vit the entire time?
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    you are suposed to also use your healing skils and herbs. you can also knockback
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • baipaxxvii
    baipaxxvii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011

If not then, I will die immediately because my build is based off pure magic and no vit at all.
    If the person can attack either the summon or me then, is was i suppose to increase my vit the entire time?
  • hellgelica
    hellgelica Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    b:thanks tnx for ur info...<<<Airishka here Lvl88b:laugh
  • armin2020
    armin2020 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    hi
    Where can I make up my magic books?
  • SellynZaali - Harshlands
    SellynZaali - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Has anyone ever got the "Clear thoughts" skill (79)? I'd like to have some feedback about this one, as it seems quite useful (mana regain b:dirty) but as it's not easy to get it, I'd like to be sure it is worth making extra efforts or not.

ty!
  • MagicWest - Archosaur
    MagicWest - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    im a lvl 74 mystic i have 76 vit 240 mag 44 stg and 24 dex wile i have no armor i have a little more with armor on but what i want to know is this a good build for a lvl 74 mystic? and also what do you think i should most be based on my build deamon or sage?please tell me b:beg
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    im a lvl 74 mystic i have 76 vit 240 mag 44 stg and 24 dex wile i have no armor i have a little more with armor on but what i want to know is this a good build for a lvl 74 mystic? and also what do you think i should most be based on my build deamon or sage?please tell me b:beg

As far Strg you need about 54 end game so you are in the way there, Dex you dont need anything, you should take all out from Dex and put in Mag. Vit it depends on you, 74 vit is enough for end game vit build if you want some extra HP and def. if you want more damage and better heals go full Magic.
    Vit build end game will be more like 70-80 Vit, 475-500 Mag.
    Full mag will be more like 40-50 vit (adds from gear) , 500-520 mag.

I'm vit build 79 vit, 5 Dex, 54 str, 485 Mag and I do just fine...
  • MagicWest - Archosaur
    MagicWest - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    kk thx
  • Vhiessu - Lost City
    Vhiessu - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Let's face it - there is no reason to NOT be a pure MAG build.

Putting VIT into your character is absolutely pointless, in every way, in every situation.

Putting VIT in may save your life a couple of times when someone surprise attacks you, but the extra point in MAG will make your heals stronger, your attacks stronger, and just be all-round more useful for the rest of the game.

I know putting VIT in will give your summons a little more HP too, but seriously, extra MAG will let you heal them, and you yourself deal more damage, so it's the same **** either way.

Pure MAG is the only viable build.
  • SellynZaali - Harshlands
    SellynZaali - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Let's face it - there is no reason to NOT be a pure MAG build.

Putting VIT into your character is absolutely pointless, in every way, in every situation.

Putting VIT in may save your life a couple of times when someone surprise attacks you, but the extra point in MAG will make your heals stronger, your attacks stronger, and just be all-round more useful for the rest of the game.

I know putting VIT in will give your summons a little more HP too, but seriously, extra MAG will let you heal them, and you yourself deal more damage, so it's the same **** either way.

Pure MAG is the only viable build.

And what about huge aoe in instances for examples? I think it's not pointless to be able to survive a little bit in some situations, when you can't have charms on everytime.
    Personally, I prefer having a few Vit on both my mystic and cleric.
  • Vhiessu - Lost City
    Vhiessu - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    And what about huge aoe in instances for examples? I think it's not pointless to be able to survive a little bit in some situations, when you can't have charms on everytime.
    Personally, I prefer having a few Vit on both my mystic and cleric.

Good point.

I didn't even consider not having a charm, because I can and do have charms on all the time.
  • lawzor
    lawzor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I read everything or most all of it

I am not playing on PWI, because I am from Brazil ... but I can give a few tips of my experience...

Before everything here is my mystic build...

http://pwcalc.com/459eda082760515b

Now about the tips...

I dont think punishing herb has a good damage... i dont even use it, then please correct me if I am wrong.

My heal actually is about 7.000 hp totally amazing...

I can use a combo with huge damage being Evil ( bloody ice ( daimon ) + energy leech on storm mistress + apothecary of 1 chi + chi3 + rapid growth + then start to hit... you get more then 45.000 atqm doing it for 8 secs)

I dont think sage is better then evil ...

Evil points:

Skills with more advantages:

Lower wooden def, damage boost with thicket, 20% chance to nullify negative status from skills ( stun, lvl 100 sacer skill, sleep, bleeding, etc...) , dissipate with 35% chance in area ... God is good too, but has more useless skills ( less cost of mana, mana regen, gain of 10 chi on absorb soul ... totally nonsense )
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    lawzor wrote: »
    I dont think sage is better then evil ...

Evil points:

Skills with more advantages:

Lower wooden def, damage boost with thicket, 20% chance to nullify negative status from skills ( stun, lvl 100 sacer skill, sleep, bleeding, etc...) , dissipate with 35% chance in area ... God is good too, but has more useless skills ( less cost of mana, mana regen, gain of 10 chi on absorb soul ... totally nonsense )

biased much? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Zyro - Dreamweaver
    Zyro - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    baipaxxvii wrote: »

about that.....use the tornado and gale force skills along with falling petals. if you know what you are doing you don't even need a summon till you fight someone significantly higher in level than you at least i haven't.

AA user i use my channeling skill then absorb soul and they die. close range (minus BM) i use gale force and tornado then spam natures vengeance and throw the DoT on them. archers....run from archers... you have the shortest range they have the longest. bms i absorb salv cuz that stun of theirs will aoe stun salv too. absorb her for a few seconds of anti stun and time to knockback then try galeforce and whatever else you can. sins i use devil to stun them till they learn how to avoid stuns then its back to salv. but really i dont need a summon till the other person is about 5-10 levels above me. that and in fast paced pvp like TW you wont always have time to get a summon out so dont rely on them

oh did i mention i am a lvl 83 pure magic build? ornaments and proper sharding of gear works wonders and i beat people lvl 95+ constantly and quickly
  • MoonRus - Lost City
    MoonRus - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Please, help me:) How many chi mystic gain from Sage AS, Sage NV, Sage BT? Thanks:) b:surrender
    Moon@, HUNTERS, Perfect World Russian Official - Orion.
    Wizzard, 101, -99% channeling time.
  • socilparty
    socilparty Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have a level 42 Mystic and i think that they can be most useful for new users if they go vit. build i am not so new so i use magic even thought it makes me squshy. LOL But the Mystic is hard to use if you try to do both roles in a squad so make your deision early. Sorry for the Spelling errors :)...........
  • trancelover1
    trancelover1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    With this advices i will lvl u to 100 in a month or two(playing Harshlands server).Good luck guys. xDb:byeb:byeb:kissb:kiss
  • Sekaiya - Heavens Tear
    Sekaiya - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I really loved this guide thanks a lot! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★:: Playing since 2008 :: 100% F2P ::★
  • YumeTsukii - Heavens Tear
    YumeTsukii - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:victory this helped me a lot, thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • earthenlove
    earthenlove Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:pleased Thank you for the wonderful guide! b:pleased
    For me, mystics are the most necessary party members
    when doing instances like in a string quartet band Mystics
    b:victory are like the "viola" that harmonizes the cello and the violin b:victory
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Very nice. When it come comes to ff its alil different..
  • xtremerx3
    xtremerx3 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    PURE MAGIC
    STR = Armor Requirements
    MAGIC = Remaining.

How i know the requirements of my next armor ?
    sry im newby
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    xtremerx3 wrote: »
    PURE MAGIC
    STR = Armor Requirements
    MAGIC = Remaining.

How i know the requirements of my next armor ?
    sry im newby

Typically with the Pure Magic build what you are doing is putting 1 point into Strength, and 9 points into Magic every 2 levels. So basically 1 Strength and 4 Magic on Even Levels, and 5 Magic on Odd Levels. If that makes any sense? That at least in theory should put you right about even on your requirements for Arcane Armor as well as providing you a hefty boost to your magic attack and defense scores.

Some people however opt to allocate 2 points every two levels to Vitality until they cap Vitality somewhere between 15 and 50 points. Thus doing the following 1 Strength, 3 Magic, and 1 Vitality on even levels, 4 Magic, and 1 Vitality on Odd Levels until capped.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • xtremerx3
    edited December 2011
    Hey im level 35 Mistic and my stats are
    VIT:40
    MAG:128
    STR:20
    DEX:5

Where should i keep adding stats,im going pure magic.
    Please someone tell me,im newby and i dont wanna mess up my character.
    (Like 4 magic and 1 str per lvl?) is this good?
  • nakamuka
    nakamuka Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2011

I did same thing and im lost now
    Someone answer this post please
  • Kyrael - Dreamweaver
    Kyrael - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    nakamuka wrote: »
    I did same thing and im lost now
    Someone answer this post please

Pure mag is 1 str 9 mag every two levels. I personally put the str in on even levels (1 str 4 mag) and 5 mag on odd levels. Vit is optional at the cost of mag, but you should put at least 3 mag every level to keep up with your weapon and armor requirements. (:
  • xtremerx3
    edited December 2011
    Pure mag is 1 str 9 mag every two levels. I personally put the str in on even levels (1 str 4 mag) and 5 mag on odd levels. Vit is optional at the cost of mag, but you should put at least 3 mag every level to keep up with your weapon and armor requirements. (:

what means odd levels?
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Just looking at the first 10 levels that you go through leveling up from levels 1 through 10 the odd levels would be as follows:

level 1 - Odd level
    level 2
    level 3 - Odd Level
    level 4
    level 5 - Odd Level
    level 6
    level 7 - Odd Level
    level 8
    level 9 - Odd Level
    level 10

The Even levels would be every other level not indicated as being odd. And it will continue in the same pattern all the way up until level 105.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • ptana
    ptana Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011

if you still dont know what you should do because they try to write a guide and not to straight answer ill try to help.
    35lvl you need 22 str,next lvl add 3 to str so you can have 23 str and 2 for mag,
    from there go for the 1-4 they told you.forget the vit you already have a lot.