Unable to access servers

Options
Flyingkea - Dreamweaver
Flyingkea - Dreamweaver Posts: 158 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Support Desk
At the moment I am completely unable to access the servers to play. Whenever I attempt to log on I get the messaage "Unable to connect to server"
If I go to the server list it shows no ping and no population for all of the servers. I don't think its my internet connection as I can access other websites etc. I've also tried verifying the files, adding an exception to the firewall. This has been happing for nearly a week now so my computer has been restarted in that time.
I've played this game for 2 years now and never had a problem before this so I know my computer can handle the client.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

(BTW I live in New Zealand but I don't think that's part of the issue)
Post edited by Flyingkea - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Dznootz - Lost City
    Dznootz - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hey I have the same issue as well as 100's of other people with no real solutions given. I've tried all the same things. The only thing that did work for me is I did a SYSTEM restore to a week prior when the game was working....

Unfortunately this only worked for a week and all of a sudden the restore i was using has disappeared so now im back to scouring forums and replying to support tickets where they just say the same thing everytime about ports... firewalls... and antivirus'...

Good luck because PWI won't give you a solution.
  • Flyingkea - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Well over a week later, and a maintenance I still can't log in. I guess that I will have to simply abandon my characters and look for entertainment elsewhere. Apparently there is a game coming out later this year? that people are really excited about, can someone send a pm to me as to what it is since I can no longer play here?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Something is probably blocking the game that you will have to change.

Please see if any of the information below might help you...

Add the game folder and/or game files (all .exe file types) to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us in a ticket to Tech Support.

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Panda, I have seen you post the exact same reply to other peoples posts when I searched the forums and it doesn't help. I have already tried the firewall exemption etc, nada.
    I already have the game downloaded, it patches fine, the only issue is that when I try to login in, it cannot see any servers to log in to.
    I don't use internet explorer, in fact I have done my best to uninstall it completely from this computer.

I've had this game for over 2 years now, (one computer but 2 hard drives as the first one died) and if it was my antivirus/firewall etc it would've shown up long before now. The only thing that has throttled the game in the past has been ISPs slowing down our internet to dialup speed when we have exceeded our 18GB broadband limit and EVEN then I was still able to login in (I would just get MASSIVE lagspikes) and now that I've left home I don't even have that issue.
    In terms of my computer nothing changed between the day I was able to login and the day I couldn't except for the date.
  • ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear
    ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    each week right around maint time these threads start multipling check

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/status

to see if the servers are on, if they are, then there has to be a problem with your connection to the game, ot perhaps your client needs updating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sig pic by Dorset b:thanks
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    each week right around maint time these threads start multipling check

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/status

to see if the servers are on, if they are, then there has to be a problem with your connection to the game, ot perhaps your client needs updating.
    <.< Two problems with this though...

1. The status page is never updated. It always says they're online, even during maint.

2. Kea's problem arose a day BEFORE the weekly maintenance and has been persisting daily for longer than a week, as stated in her first post. =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear
    ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    1. thats messed up, whats the point of a status page if you dont update it

2. i said *around* that seems to be when all the problems arise. as in 1-2 days before through about 1-2 days after. thats when i see the bulk of "Unable to Connect" threads anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sig pic by Dorset b:thanks
    edited August 2011
    Options
    1. thats messed up, whats the point of a status page if you dont update it

2. i said *around* that seems to be when all the problems arise. as in 1-2 days before through about 1-2 days after. thats when i see the bulk of "Unable to Connect" threads anyway

Yea I do see alot of these threads pop up around maintenance time, but I like to think I've been around long enough to know when maintenance occurs. One of the first things I did when I couldn't log on was check the forums to see if a) there was maintenance (either scheduled and I'd gotten my days mixed up) or b)see if there was massive QQ on the forums due to everyone being unable to login.

Since then I've tried everyday and at random intervals to login but all I see is empty server fields and get a "Unable to login message."
  • NinaWilliams - Raging Tide
    NinaWilliams - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I have the same problem. I haven't been able to log in for over a week now and it really pisses me off -.-' When I launch the game it says something in kanji or whatever :S And I've tried everything!
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I get the exact same "unable to connect to server" message with 0 response from any of the game servers.

I'm also able to update my game just fine with no problems.

I've been having this sudden problem for many weeks now, and I don't know what else to try...no one has any useful solutions.

And I've been playing for over a year now, I think I'm pretty familiar by now with which day of the week is Tuesday, and which is Wednesday, and when maint is as it is the same nearly every single week. Thats the worst solution to this problem ever, as most people are able to check a calendar and a clock...

And maint is only a few hours at a time, not a few weeks.

If you find a solution I'd love to hear it...

Also I have 3 computers on the same internet, 2 on wireless and 1 wired. It is one of the wireless ones that doesn't work, the other wireless and the wired are fine.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    When I searched the forums earlier someone found that verifying the files a couple of times helped (I've tried that twice now btw to no avail). I really don't know what could have possibly caused the problem, after all 2 years with no issues to suddenly Bam! nothing is more than a leetle weird.
    In terms of network, my computer is wired, (admittedly when it was disconnected is when the problem first started but I can access every other internet site just fine now after it was reconnected) so I don't know what the difference is.
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I restarted my computer and when it booted back up I wasn't able to get on, and I haven't since.

I've also verified them twice. I've totally deleted, re-downloaded and re-installed the game too.

Are the update servers and the game servers at all related? Because my client updates just fine it only won't connect to the game servers.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I restarted my computer and when it booted back up I wasn't able to get on, and I haven't since.

I've also verified them twice. I've totally deleted, re-downloaded and re-installed the game too.

Are the update servers and the game servers at all related? Because my client updates just fine it only won't connect to the game servers.

I trying to think if restarting computers might be related as it happenbed to both of us between turning computer off and on again. ON the other hand however, I turnoff my computer everyday which sorta rules that part out. GAH! I dunno....

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure that the update servers are separate from the game servers (you have 2 options if you manually select update server)
  • haemorphage
    haemorphage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    hey, im from New Zealand.

downloaded game just last night, installed this morning, patched it, then when i went to log on first i would get server unavailable, then i started to get through and it got stuck on the logging in to game please wait. where it would stay seemingly indefinitly.

so then i verified, rebooted, still isnt working, i know that security wont be a problem because everything is on minimal plus there is no security software on the computer i was using.

any ideas? or is it a wild goose chase
    edited August 2011
    Options
    hey, im from New Zealand.

downloaded game just last night, installed this morning, patched it, then when i went to log on first i would get server unavailable, then i started to get through and it got stuck on the logging in to game please wait. where it would stay seemingly indefinitly.

so then i verified, rebooted, still isnt working, i know that security wont be a problem because everything is on minimal plus there is no security software on the computer i was using.

any ideas? or is it a wild goose chase

I really don't think us being from New Zealand is an issue as people from other countries also have this issue. I've played the game for over 2 years with no issues (only being that server maintenance is on a Wednesday evening from 7pm-9pm for us).
    Game doesn't even seem to lag for me either with a ping usually of 500-700 (evil telcos reducing my broadband to dialup speed cos I busted the 15GB cap is the only exception I've found to this 23k ping woo!)
    As for where you get up to, I'm not too sure how to fix it sorry b:surrender re
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I FIXED IT !!!

Try to download a program called CCleaner! It scans the computer and gets ridd of all unnessesary **** on in and it fixes broken files! It worked on both my Spotify and PWI! : D
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    from what I've read, everyone who has this issue randomly like we do..it started after restarting or turning off and on their computer. For most people it resolves itsself in a few days, like 2 other people in my faction around the same time but theirs was only a day or two. This is several weeks now.

I've tried using CCleaner and it didn't make a difference, what exactly did you do with it if you remember? Maybe I'm not clearing/fixing what needs to be done...

EDIT: I just ran CCleaner again and did the program files and registry and it didn't make a difference :(

EDIT EDIT: I'm in Canada, and the other people I personally know it happened to are in the USA...
    edited August 2011
    Options
    from what I've read, everyone who has this issue randomly like we do..it started after restarting or turning off and on their computer. For most people it resolves itsself in a few days, like 2 other people in my faction around the same time but theirs was only a day or two. This is several weeks now.

I've tried using CCleaner and it didn't make a difference, what exactly did you do with it if you remember? Maybe I'm not clearing/fixing what needs to be done...

EDIT: I just ran CCleaner again and did the program files and registry and it didn't make a difference :(

EDIT EDIT: I'm in Canada, and the other people I personally know it happened to are in the USA...

Well first I deletet a virus program from my computer, mcafee, and then i ran CCleaner. But that's all i did o.o

And I'm from Norway but don't think that's got anything to do with it.

Oh and I think it started when i changed my network or something :S
    edited August 2011
    Options

Yea I noticed this pattern too, however I blanked as to why that would occur, especially as everyone knows the first fix-it idea in computing is restarting the computer (oh wait.....maybe the computers trying to tell us something...b:shocked)

So it doesnt seem to be targeting any location either, which is a bit of a relief for someone lurking in the middle of nowhere.
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I reformatted my laptop, redownloaded PWI, and now I just get all that character gibberish when I try to start the client b:victory yay me.
  • Durable - Raging Tide
    Durable - Raging Tide Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I reformatted my laptop, redownloaded PWI, and now I just get all that character gibberish when I try to start the client b:victory yay me.

Ask if i geeeb?!?
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Same problem here, haven't found a fix yet...
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • gunsion
    gunsion Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I been playing now for 2 weeks, Without any problems.. Woke up 2 hours ago, Logged into the game about an hour ago.. Was walking through Archosaur West City, Heading to blacksmith, When bam! I lost connection, Now i cannot see any servers. No ping, No population.. Just an empty list, Im getting same problem.
    My firewalls are all disabled, Antivirus exceptions were added the day i downloaded, I check to make sure still there after every patch. Ports are open on the router, I checked that too. Game has been up to date for a while now, Its not showing any new patches.. Teh Game Is Focked!
  • mangomanau1
    mangomanau1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think this time once a week the servers usually go down for maintenance and are down for an hour or two.

Unfortunately the status page is never updated for this..... :(
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    Ignasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    gunsion wrote: »
    I been playing now for 2 weeks, Without any problems.. Woke up 2 hours ago, Logged into the game about an hour ago.. Was walking through Archosaur West City, Heading to blacksmith, When bam! I lost connection, Now i cannot see any servers. No ping, No population.. Just an empty list, Im getting same problem.
    My firewalls are all disabled, Antivirus exceptions were added the day i downloaded, I check to make sure still there after every patch. Ports are open on the router, I checked that too. Game has been up to date for a while now, Its not showing any new patches.. Teh Game Is Focked!

1. your post has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
    2. your issue is that u logged in when the server was shutting down for maintenance. The server will be back up in about 45minutes, give or take.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyonidus - Archosaur
    Lyonidus - Archosaur Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Im having problems connecting to archo west sever does any1 know why?
  • KitanaChan - Archosaur
    KitanaChan - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    same its the arch server i cant even log into and i havent been abl to for nearly 20 hours now b:sad b:cry
  • rebornee
    rebornee Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    anyone found a solution yet?
  • Arindasen - Archosaur
    Arindasen - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If you are using nVidia cards with the 270 drivers change to the 280's I was having same problem this fixed it.
  • bankstud102
    bankstud102 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I found out that if i go on the website to the company that i am getting my internet though and logged in and changed my firewall on there to minimum security and it works perfectly fine now :Db:victoryb:pleased