Absolute Basics for each Class - please comment

MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
At the risk of being flamed to charcoal Im making this post for 2 reasons:

First - I have levelled some alts with my veno, I am in no way planning on squadding with the general community until I can play them better and the guides are, if possible, too complex and complete....

Second - Power levelling has meant many high levels are amongst us, and they dont seem to have the basics right...

The idea here is to say to someone - okay you've power levelled to 80 heres the absolute basics you will survive with and be able to perform you're squad role with, until you are able to level more skills. This assumes you have gear to your level, at least being good npc gear, and a half reasonable weapon.

So Ill start:

CLERIC
Heals - Ironheart Blessing, Purify and Revive;
Squad buffs - Greater Protective Aura; Aegis Spirit, Exalted Renewal; Arcane Empowerment
Attacks - Plume Shot; Great Cyclone
Self Buff - Plume Shell
Other - Regeneration Aura (commonly called BB (which stands for Blue Bubble)
Metal Mastery

VENO
1 tank pet to your level - eg Glacial Walker
Heal Pet
Debuff - Amplify Damage/Bramble (its the reason veno's are wanted in a squad)
Attacks - Venomous Scarab, Ironwood Scarab
Fox Form, Wood Mastery

Thanks in advance to any who participate......

EDIT - bramble added i forget that, tks Hazumi_chan
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sin
    - Stealth
    - Stealth level 10 levels above current level for FCC Shades
    - Bloodpaint
    - Spark(Double/Triple)

Psychic
    - Whatever

Blademaster
    - HF
    - Golden Bell

Wizard
    - Nuke Skills
    - Shields Maxed
    - Heal

Archer
    - Stun Skill
    - Knockback Skill
    - Paralysis Skill
    - Shield Maxed
    - Blazing Arrow
    - Barrage

Barbarian
    - Invoke
    - Roar Maxed
    - Flesh Ream Maxed
    - Devour Maxed
    - Sunder
    - Shapeshift Thing maxed
    - Hp/Attack Buff maxed

Seeker
    - Vortex(Spin spin)

Mystic
    - Res buff
    - Heal Maxed
    - Heal Plants
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Wizard Dragons Breath is nice for FCC as well...(I think...I've never actually been in an FCC but I know what it's like)

It's basically a Seeker Vortex, but has magic dmg and it's better because it doesn't cost 2 sparks and a wizard has the mana pool and regen to keep it up for at least 3 minutes without a charm or pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Blademaster
    - HF
    - Golden Bell

- Roar of the Pride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Psychic
    - Whatever
    Yeah whateva :D
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • ShadowIH - Dreamweaver
    ShadowIH - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    CLERIC
    Heals - Ironheart Blessing, Purify and Revive;
    Squad buffs - Greater Protective Aura; Aegis Spirit, Exalted Renewal; Arcane Empowerment
    Attacks - Plume Shot; Great Cyclone
    Self Buff - Plume Shell
    Other - Regeneration Aura (commonly called BB (which stands for Blue Bubble)
    Metal Mastery

1. Heals: Ironheart Blessing is one of the possible spells to heal (like DoT to attack). It can not replace Wellspring Surge, for example when is necessary to recover target's HP rapidly.
    2. Support spells:
    If you had maximized healing spells, you not need to cast Revive. If you do it often, then you do something wrong or you have bad tank (you can test it by tanking yourself, if it is possible).
    3. Cleric not need Attack spells to heal squad members.
    These spells have very low priority for Cleric (like skill Metal Mastery).
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Veno's should also have bramble maxed.
    Lending hand is also a skill you will want. (yes there are actually veno's that neglect learning this skill)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    eh it's more like:

Sin: DD
    BM: Buff and amp and DD
    Barb: Buff and DD with claws
    Cleric: Buff and heal and rez
    Wiz: water buff
    Veno: amp and purge
    Archer: buff and sharptooth
    Psy: kinda useless
    Mystic: kinda useless too
    Seeker: buff weapons
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    1. Heals: Ironheart Blessing is one of the possible spells to heal (like DoT to attack). It can not replace Wellspring Surge, for example when is necessary to recover target's HP rapidly.
    2. Support spells:
    If you had maximized healing spells, you not need to cast Revive. If you do it often, then you do something wrong or you have bad tank (you can test it by tanking yourself, if it is possible).
    3. Cleric not need Attack spells to heal squad members.
    These spells have very low priority for Cleric (like skill Metal Mastery).

Okay I guess, people will see some debate obviously. But there are obviously many more useful skills for each class, Im talking the basics/the starting point/the place where a squad will not hate you for being with them, and you'll be able to kill a mob or two....

1 - IH v wellspring surge - I had wellspring at lvl one until well into my 80's and did very well in squads. Now at 90 I use it more often, but could survive without it...

2 - healing skills therefore not need revive? are you serious - when people make the inevitable and very common mistakes that leave people dead, trust me they will be very happy your revive is maxed

3 - im not talking ONLY squadding - but if you feel like adding some dd, your gunna need an attack skill or two....
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2011

1 - IH v wellspring surge - I had wellspring at lvl one until well into my 80's and did very well in squads. Now at 90 I use it more often, but could survive without it...

2 - healing skills therefore not need revive? are you serious - when people make the inevitable and very common mistakes that leave people dead, trust me they will be very happy your revive is maxed

3 - im not talking ONLY squadding - but if you feel like adding some dd, your gunna need an attack skill or two....

This Cleric (I mean ShadowIH) healed me at all bosses at bh59.

You can compare our levels. More, he has 1059 reputation points now just from quests and fbs (including his cultivation up to level 59) starting from 1 of July when he start to level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The idea here is to say to someone - okay you've power levelled to 80 heres the absolute basics you will survive with and be able to perform you're squad role with, until you are able to level more skills. This assumes you have gear to your level, at least being good npc gear, and a half reasonable weapon.

thing is, if you don't have decent gear you kindof need skills more to make up for it. and besides, i'm in the camp that prioritize skills over gear anyway... still:

VENO: a tank pet, probably glacial walker. try to level up its attack and defense skills if you can spare the spirit. consider getting a DD pet if you can.

ironwood scarab, for the armor break. bramble, lending hand, amp (and because of amp, fox form). i'm really tempted to pick one aoe attack, just because it makes for better DDing in a squad, but it's not absolutely necessary. you get venomous scarab for free, but even it isn't necessary; i already use it more to fill time between cooldowns of lucky and ironwood (and as a chi builder) than anything else.

if you're not going to be living in a squad at all times then your veno needs soul transfusion too, and possibly nature's grace / metabolic boost. solo grinding of any kind is MUCH faster and MUCH cheaper with those.

WIZARD: gush, pyrogram, stone rain. stone barrier. for solo play, will of the phoenix. it's really hard to prioritize here, because the only way my wizard survives half the time is by using a lot of skills each at the right time --- divine pyrogram and sandstorm for openers, the other two shields for water and fire mobs, it's all situational on a wiz it seems. i seldom see much use for dragon's breath, though --- maybe i will when i get that wiz closer to 80.

for squad play, frostblade and healing. don't need to level them very far, but they're nice to have.

SEEKER: i play my seeker as a skill spammer. i use them all, and i keep wanting more. no clue how anyone would prune down this list.

ASSASSIN: tackling slash, rib strike, shadow escape, bloodpaint. rising dragon strike if you like to double-spark a lot. shadow jump so you can land that tackling slash more easily, or shadow teleport for the stun. oh, and don't forget to max out autoattack. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Clerics absolute Basics :

#1 Ironheart Blessing and Wellspring for the OH **** Situations
    #2 Revive
    #3 Purify
    #4 Dimensional Seal Elemental Seal

Or also Heal, Revive, Purify , Debuff

PVE is right Plume Shoot and Great Cyclone

The other Skills become helpful later but this arn't the Basics for a Starter cleric anymore.

To whoever said you dont need revive unless you did something wrong:

Justs get that Random Dude in your Squad who panik around and aggro 20 mobs run into an aoe so they dont run back when he dies and voila you have your epic failcascade and will pretty much need your ressurection. And since people just pay to get leveld and have no idea how to play their charakter this is common at the "new low levels around 80"
    I hate Room 38
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You forgot Lending Hand and Purge for venos. And if you ever plan on doing an RB or FF with veno, you'd better have Noxious Gas and Parasitic Nova (I also recommend myriad scarab foxform for delta at least).

You will also want a pulling pet. The tank pets can pull but they are extremely slow. Best to get a ranged pet for pulling, like cacto or eldergoth.

For archer: You are going to want Frost Arrow for PvE. Frost - regular attack is pretty much all you have to do for grinding. Then of course you want Stunning Arrow, Barrage, Winged Shell, Wings of Grace, Blazing Arrow, Wings of Protection, Bow Mastery, Winged Blessing, Knockback, and STA. Thunderous blast is good for AoE situations when Barrage isn't needed/no sparks. Aim Low can also be a useful paralyze skill. Wingspan is handy as an AoE knockback, though too many people misuse it in situations like FF where everybody is AoEing, and knock them out of the AoE of the party or make melee chars chase them around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • JennaKate - Dreamweaver
    JennaKate - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Blademaster -
    - Heaven Flames
    - Aura of the Golden Bell
    - Roar of the Pride
    - Cloud Spirit

Wizard -
    - Fire Mastery
    - All Self Buffs, ( Must need honestly )
    - Black Ice Dragon Strike
    - Water Mastery
    - Earth Mastery
    - AoE skills, I guess :P

Cleric -
    - All Squad Heal Buffs
    - All regular buffs, & Self buffs
    - 'try' to max all the skills you can use to defend yourself if you ever need to kill anything or steal aggro

Archer -
    - Barrage of Arrows
    - Winged Shell
    - Winged Pledge
    - Wingspan
    - Wings of Grace
    - ( Basically all self casted buffs )
    - Make sure to get the bow mastery (;

Psychic -
    - Make sure to get all Self casted buffs ( SERIOUS MUST NEED TO LIVE )
    - &; aoe skills

Assassin -
    - BloodPaint, All Stunning, Sleeping Skills, I maxed all my skills out.
    - All Stealth skills, there a serious must need, & Cat like thread,Sharp Observer, Dagger Devotion

- Seeker
    - Self casting buffs, ofcourse.
    - Weapon buffs
    - Vortex skill.

- Mystic
    - All Pet skills & Pets, Res Skill.

- Venomancer
    - Pet skills, & Healing. & Fox form skills, and Bramble rage, Purged ( I believe its called )

Barb -

- True Form, Hp & Physical Defense Buffs & Roar,Devour,bestial Rage, Frighten,Invoke the Spirit , Ancestral Rage

Hope this helps. b:pleased