Which server is best economically

SweetDagger - Heavens Tear
SweetDagger - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Which server is less with merchants and is easier to buy and sell things in catshop
Post edited by SweetDagger - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    They all suck for that, except maybe the brand-new EU servers.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Harshlands is best lands because they have Tunnel Snakes, and they RULE!
    I <3 AGOREY
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Aren't you selling a ****-ton of CS gear including a pan gu tome over by west teleporter? I'm baffled.
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Pet Peeve:

Your topic title states 'Which server is best economically'.

That would lead to the assumption you mean, healthy economic system.

That does not exist in this game. 1.2mil for 1 gold is not healthy. TT60 pieces for sale for triple their worth is not healthy.

tl;dr

/cashshopruinsthegame
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The cash shop doesn't ruin the game. The **** that goes on sale ruins the game.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Pet Peeve:

Your topic title states 'Which server is best economically'.

That would lead to the assumption you mean, healthy economic system.

That does not exist in this game. 1.2mil for 1 gold is not healthy. TT60 pieces for sale for triple their worth is not healthy.

tl;dr

/cashshopruinsthegame
    Wut? TT60 is like 25-40k for each Chintien Edge on HT. When I was 60 2 years ago they were 100-200k each. Subs were also 85-100k each. Now 35-50k each. While the issue of gold does suck for people who can't make money very quickly that is their value set by the market. Consequently, the value of other things, most being lower, not higher, are affected as well. I would rather have gold at 1.2m and have more difficulty farming R8 or resets than have to pay up the *** for pots, subs, DA's, and all the **** you get via tokens that are generally used on a more regular basis.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well, after playing and merchanting all 7 servers for months, I can tell you with confidence that the best server economy is stop making ****ing stupid threads, I have little faith left in human intelligence already.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I don't think any of the servers fit that category. Probably only the new EU ones since they are new, but they are bound to be corrupted and changed by the cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    tl;dr

/cashshopruinsthegame

It's the shop.
    When you had the money and the service are available, would you avoid purchasing it ?

Almost every f2p mmorpg had same problem. b:shutup

And as always, if the f2p and cser all greedy = inflation b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well, after playing and merchanting all 7 servers for months, I can tell you with confidence that the best server economy is stop making ****ing stupid threads, I have little faith left in human intelligence already.

if people were intelligent, then the merchants would not make the money they do
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    if people were intelligent, then the merchants would not make the money they do

If people were intelligent and not lazy, then the merchants would not make the money they do.

Better now?
    edited August 2011
    indeed, that is true as well
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If devs were intelligent, merchanting would not even be possible. Buying at a low price and selling it for higher would be impossible.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited August 2011
    If devs were intelligent, merchanting would not even be possible. Buying at a low price and selling it for higher would be impossible.

um, no

they give you cheaper prices for items in bulk
    the same happens in real life, its the whole concept of wholesale/retail

why doesnt procter & Gamble sell you all their stuff directly, and not through walmart.

it is the same concept, and thats usually what merchants make money on

or they sell items only available for a limited time. Some people stock thosei tems, and sell at a higher price when they are no longer available

thousands of people again do the same thing in real life to make a living

what the devs do here makes perfect business sense.

For Example. you may want the +10 dragon orb at the cheaper price, but you dont want to charge 100 gold worth of zen
    however, you dont want to pay 25 gold for one
    so you charge say... 23-24 gold worth of zen, and buy it from a merchant who bought in bulk
    you make out better, because you got a decent price, better then buying with gold
    the merchant made out, because he made a profit on the item he sold you ( and its with an element of risk, if he buys those, and gold prices drop, he could lose money )
    PWI made out, because you would not have charged any zen if you had to buy 5 at once ( especially of you only needed 1 ) and now you did charge zen to get one orb

You grasp of economics is what is lacking here
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I find it alot easier to merchant everything from ele frags to d.orbs on Arch and RT servers than I have on HT. No idea for the reasoning for this. Also noticed if I had say 50g, that gold/coins would go alot further on Arch and RT too.

P.lvl runs on HT = 800k-1m
    P.lvl runs on Arch/RT = 400k-600k (not been on in 2months though ~)

And every single pack item is cheaper b:surrender
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    In a proper econ, if a person buys something from the cash shop on sale, they are forced to sell the item based on its price DURING the sale. They would be unable to sell it for a higher price after the sale is over, they could only sell it for the lower price it was during the sale because that is when they bought it.

What I refer to is someone who goes around to other shops, buys everything they have, then sells it in their own shops for a huge price increase. With proper devs, that would not be possible. Prices would be much lower as a result.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited August 2011

What I refer to is someone who goes around to other shops, buys everything they have, then sells it in their own shops for a huge price increase. With proper devs, that would not be possible. Prices would be much lower as a result.

so ?
    they are willing to take the risk, and hoping people will pay an inflated price

in truth, for most items, this is almost guaranteed to fail, because it will be back on sale in another 4-6 weeks, and they will lose their shirt.

it would take tens of billions of coins do corner most profitable markets, and i would question the sanity of anyone who tried
    In a proper econ, if a person buys something from the cash shop on sale, they are forced to sell the item based on its price DURING the sale. They would be unable to sell it for a higher price after the sale is over, they could only sell it for the lower price it was during the sale because that is when they bought it.

I question this as well
    if a company say, is going out of business, and i buy out what they have, and then it is no longer available, i absolutely should resell it at a higher price, why would i sell it for cheaper
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • jyzero1
    jyzero1 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Don't understand all the QQ about merchants. If NOBODY merchants, then how would you expect to find half the **** that you want when they're off sale? On the flip side, the very existence of merchants rely on people are willing to buy. That in itself means that merchants play an important role in the economy. Of course they're gonna mark it up when the item is scarce... that's exactly what happens in real life.

If I compare PW's economy to real life, I'd say it looks pretty much like a healthy, capitalist economy ... plenty of cash flow, plenty of additional coins being generated that makes its way from the top the bottom. A bad economy, imo, would be one where it'd be impossible to sell things due to people being so worried that prices will fluctuate dramatically from one day to the next. That doesn't happen in PW, so stop whining about people who's willing to put in the time, effort and risk to deliver goods to customers willing to buy them.
  • jyzero1
    jyzero1 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Ever heard of the stock market?

And for those trying to monopolize a market, that happens all the time irl as well. It's debatable whether it's ethical or not, considering it's a game of the rich getting richer, but such is the state of the world today. At any rate, monopolizing a market is DAMN hard in this game, where nothing is limited. The guy buying up all the goods and selling them for ridiculous prices will soon realize that demand goes down when he does so...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Zoe, are you **** or pretending to be ****? I see no trace of logic in this post that I can base my reply on so I will insult you instead.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    It's Zoe. you just have to kinda nod your head and go along with it.

At least the quality of the posts s/he makes have greatly improved over what they used to be. There was once a time where having her/him on your side about anything meant you were losing an argument. Oh and then there's the whole getting 1-shot through hood in a time when everyone knew all the sages/demons on the servers and having a full set of +5 gear was considered as potentially OP cash shopping.

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Originally Posted by Zoe - Heavens Tear
    I question this as well
    if a company say, is going out of business, and i buy out what they have, and then it is no longer available, i absolutely should resell it at a higher price, why would i sell it for cheaper

Agreed.. .happens all the time in Real Estate. You buy houses when they are low (economy sucks) then resale them at a much higher rate when the economy is better.

In real estate when the economy is low... thats when you buy buy buy like crazy.

When the economy is going strong... thats when you sell sell sell like crazy.

It's funny how you would think the opposite but if it happened that way, there would be no profit .
    jyzero1 wrote: »
    If I compare PW's economy to real life, I'd say it looks pretty much like a healthy, capitalist economy ... plenty of cash flow, plenty of additional coins being generated that makes its way from the top the bottom. A bad economy, imo, would be one where it'd be impossible to sell things due to people being so worried that prices will fluctuate dramatically from one day to the next. That doesn't happen in PW...

Agreed as well
  • AzulLapis - Sanctuary
    AzulLapis - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well, don't come to sanctuary to try to merchant, or you'll have to compete with WarrenWolfy the ubermerchant. b:shocked b:pleased