chi charm

Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver
Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
pwi has mp/hp charms but maybe they could do something about chi...why not make chi charms it wld be useful to the classes that need chi but dont have spells to give chi...i have a 67 sin and chi is not a problem but on my 70 mystic having seems to be always a problem
Post edited by Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Vitruvio - Raging Tide
    Vitruvio - Raging Tide Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Dont give bad ideas to the dev's pleaseb:shocked
    A chi charm could imbalance the game even more
    96 Blademaster - 89 Venomancer
    81 Archer - 83 cleric
    86 seeker...
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    A thread about this already exists in the Suggestions section.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1153001
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    HP and MP one does not want to lose any of it. Chi is the opposite; you use it meaning you lose it. It's not hard to regenerate it. It's an interesting idea, but if you have a chi charm, all it's going to do is have everyone triple sparking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    This would make triple spark spam in PvP a completely viable strategy and change things into a battle of who 1-shots who first during triple...

Sounds fun!
    5char
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    a chi charm is a really bad idea since you would tick it everytime you went into an instance or logged in and out. would just be a waste more then anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Alternatively, it could work like attack/def charms. You gain extra chi each time you get hit while one is activated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Perma sparking Arcanes? Suddenly the 5APS QQ would turn into Arcanes iz be 2 powurfullz wiff da sparkz QQ and then the forums would slowly devour itself because 3/4 of the game have rolled melee characters for farming and what not. Sins will hide in the background until it blows over then rule over the survivors. Is that what you want? You want the fish to win? Well I say no! Say no to chi charms, keep the dream alive! Unless you want sins to enslave man, elf, and animalkind say NO!!
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Perma sparking Arcanes? Suddenly the 5APS QQ would turn into Arcanes iz be 2 powurfullz wiff da sparkz QQ and then the forums would slowly devour itself because 3/4 of the game have rolled melee characters for farming and what not. Sins will hide in the background until it blows over then rule over the survivors. Is that what you want? You want the fish to win? Well I say no! Say no to chi charms, keep the dream alive! Unless you want sins to enslave man, elf, and animalkind say NO!!

I lawled. xD

Chi charms would break this game even more zzz.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Don't forget a tele and horn charm!
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    Wait... if enough sins stored themselves, wouldn't that solve world hunger via controlled breeding of them for our now lowered population?
  • __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    Wait... if enough sins stored themselves, wouldn't that solve world hunger via controlled breeding of them for our now lowered population?

...Couldn't we just eat them? Considering the ludicrous amount of fishy saturation nowadays, there'd be more than enough for, like, everyone. Forever. =O
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    Feeding them to our poor kitties may help solve that whole Barb extinction problem many servers seem to be suffering too... b:mischievous
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Maybe it could be balanced by adjusting the cooldown?

With a long cooldown it would be like having extra sparks ready which might not be all that bad. At like a 60second cool @ 50% trigger it might help counter sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Just no

This must be the single worst idea ever posted by a non yulk
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    horn charm!

._. that's just..

I don't even..
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver
    Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    at least with a chi charm or something that will boost the chi it wld balance out the game b/c right now sins don't need to worry about chi cos they have skills that give any where from 50 chi all the way up to 150 chi....the game is broken already cos the devs didnt put in a cap on the prices so now only the rich can play....chi charm wldnt break the game the game is already broke thanks to rich ppl
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Chi Charm would be good for:

Casters and low APS DD's.

Chi Charms would be useless for:

5.0's, Barbs, and Sins, regardless of if they fit into the above category or not. A 1.67 APS Sin can perma double spark, I'm sure a 2.0 Sin can perma triple spark (talking base APS here).

Anyway, I think it would be a bit of a waste, too. But, it would be REALLY nice to have full Chi (3 sparks 99 chi) when logging in, entering TW, or entering other instances that zap your Chi to 0, regardless of the drain on it. Make the charms Cheap and Big. Easy fix, people will buy one, get hooked, then stock up (let them stack to 999).
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    What Sarra above me said.

But I would say impose a cooldown of something like 2 mins or so like Deaden Nerves on a sin. Has like a 3 min CD, so it'll keep it in check.

But I would love having a chi charm on my psychic, would make it a lot easier to use since I'd be able to start out my combo's with my stun skill and be able to kill mobs on his squishy *** quicker w/o as much death.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    What Sarra above me said.

But I would say impose a cooldown of something like 2 mins or so like Deaden Nerves on a sin. Has like a 3 min CD, so it'll keep it in check.

But I would love having a chi charm on my psychic, would make it a lot easier to use since I'd be able to start out my combo's with my stun skill and be able to kill mobs on his squishy *** quicker w/o as much death.

Or in TW, an R9 +12 JOSD Psy would be extreme death awesome OP Pyroclastic shooting god of destruction.

I like it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hp and mp both have a field of Apo, genie and class skill, event pot to count on.

Chi share the same resource, adding a charm ... I don't know !

There seem to be reasonable reason to not see below 2 APS getting constant spark. Is it ! I think this is a nice idea, It would maybe level the field on Big CSER and Small CSER.

probably make PVP a lilttle more interesting. Again I dont' see a Full NV or R8 character +12 win vs a full R9 +12 character. Constant 3 spark or not.

Has a demon cleric I can do 3 almost constant 3 spark, before I run on the cooldown of my genie and pot. If I was sage I could do a lot more Sparking.

A chi charm could cover that space I need to level whit the sage fairy of my nemesis cleric friends.

But frankly I don't see the point in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    YESSSS!!!!

This is exactly what wizards need to become the next OP class!!!

Sutra'd triple ultimates anyone?

Sage BIDS > MS > BT > ??? > Profit
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Just no

This must be the single worst idea ever posted by a non yulk

+infinite
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    chi charms blahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH good one
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    A thread about this already exists in the Suggestions section.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1153001

^
    This.

Please direct all future discussion to that thread.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.