builds,tips,and demon/sage

Shadowfreakx - Archosaur
Shadowfreakx - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Assassin
i have 4 questions!
1: what is the difference between the 2 builds?also could some leave a link to a good place discribing the to builds!

2: what is the difference between demon and sage? also post a good link on the subject

3:any tips!on anything about sins,would be greatly apreciated

4:what armor should my sin have at lvl 43? ive got the armor set that you win from various quests! i cant find any armor better than it...but its armor meant for lvl 18 sins!!!
wat do i do?
Post edited by Shadowfreakx - Archosaur on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    1: It's the same build. Culti doesn't change your stats.
    2: Your skills. Go to http://www.ecatomb.net/skillea.php hit assassin, and browse them
    3: Use the saerch button and check the other topics all over as well as the stickies.
    4: Armor isn't too huge of a deal at those levels. Just keep an eye out for anything mobs drop that have full reists and/or good bonuses. If you have plenty of extra coin, you could go for Armor of Barbaric Shannan, but that's only going to be used until level 60 for most since at that point in time, most assassins will get the rank 4 top.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    2: Your skills. Go to http://www.ecatomb.net/skillea.php hit assassin, and browse them

Um, I do hope that you mean http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillpwi
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    like 99% of the assasin population is Demon, so its safe to say Go demon
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    well as the stickies.
    4: Armor isn't too huge of a deal at those levels. Just keep an eye out for anything mobs drop that have full reists and/or good bonuses. If you have plenty of extra coin, you could go for Armor of Barbaric Shannan, but that's only going to be used until level 60 for most since at that point in time, most assassins will get the rank 4 top.
    It'a Shaman.
    He should have the rank 1 armor.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Um, I do hope that you mean http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillpwi

No. I wanted to subliminally have him stop playing a sin and reroll archer instead. b:laugh That's what I get for making posts while not paying attention to what I'm writing.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    like 99% of the assasin population is Demon, so its safe to say Go demon

And there is wisdom there... Lets all do something just because everyone else is... I say dare to be differentb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • JennaKate - Dreamweaver
    JennaKate - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    1. Theres many different assassin builds here are some, and i'll give you the difference between them.
    Pure Dexterity Build:
    4 Dexterity
    1 Strength

A pure dexterity build gives the assassin the highest DPS and highest critical hit rate out of any other assassin build. This is at the price of defense of course.

Vitality Build v1:

3.5 Dexterity
    1 Strength
    0.5 Vitality
    Vitality Build v2:

3 Dexterity
    1 Strength
    1 Vitality

These builds add some survivability while taking away some damage.

The vitality builds are the two easiest builds for assassin and the most viable.

The only other build that can be done is a heavy armor build, but it requires 3 dexterity and 2.5 strength every level, when you only get 5 points to spend each level, meaning that some of the stats will have to be found on the gear and there is no room for vitality. Also, the damage will be lower.

2. More people like demon because 5.0 aps sparked, farm faster (Nirvy & TT ) its cheaper than sage, thats the only reasons people like demon( in my opinion ). Now for Sage, People dont really like sage because its VERY expensive, and 4.0 base aps, the skills are VERY expensive, so people who dont want to spend money on this game dont want to go sage, so they choose to go demon. Honestly in my opinion sage is underestimated.

3. I could list thousands of things i can tell you about sins, but if you have something you needed answer, post away. some websites to check out though :

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Assassin
    Ecatomb.net
    Pwcalc.com
    Ofcourse there are some really helpful post in the assassin forum

4. with level 43, dont go buying armor in my opinion, just use gear and weapon around that level, that you get from quest.

Hope this helped b:victory
  • Shadowfreakx - Archosaur
    Shadowfreakx - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    thanks all who posted a reply!! b:victory

no tips on anything though....
  • /darkwolf/ - Momaganon
    /darkwolf/ - Momaganon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    yea....ii like this guild good job xP
  • Oscars_SOUL - Lost City
    Oscars_SOUL - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    no only pure is the only way to go as far as being right build.
    this game would do much better without sin and psy but tell that to the mindless sin playing a sin to we able to pk just about anything as u dont even need brian for this class.

i say pure cos even a full r9 barb is nothing but dead faster then u can blink and barb should we hard as not only do they wear havy armor they have 30k or so hp.

play a sin but dont expect anybody to aknoledge ur prowes as non care what easy mode do
  • OObircheyOo - Lost City
    OObircheyOo - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    u dont even need brian for this class.

Who is Brian? b:laugh
  • MsSeraphine - Archosaur
    MsSeraphine - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I would have a question about my sin.
    When i started to play i didnt know how to put the points to the stats... now i have this

I just wanted to ask that could she be a good assassin with these stuff and stat build?
    I think im a hybrid, 'cause i was told to put on vit until 35-40, then just dex, and str to the armor.
    But i saw other sins and they were pure so their damage is more higer. Can i use this char? Unfortunately i dont have money to reset note...
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    MsSeraphine, your stats are fine for the most part.

Magic...should be left at 5. Since you only threw a couple points there, it's probably okay to leave it for the time being. But you will want to stat it out eventually.

Strength...minimum requirement for LA is (Level + 4), so that's what you should be targeting. There are very few exceptions to this, mainly with helms (particularly if you decide to use a Warsoul). However, it's more worthwhile to just wear a lower level helm.

Vitality...some say pure dex is best, some say to add a bit of vit. This should be determined by your preferences and gear. If you have tons of money that you can spend on pimping out your gear, then the hp and menial defense from the vit points doesn't make a noticeable difference in your survivability. Early on, that vit helps since sins can be extremely squishy and bloodpaint doesn't really meet it's potential until after you get your double spark. Then once you get your third spark, it becomes godly.

Dexterity...this is where any and every extra point you have should go. Get the minimum str and as little vit as you are comfortable playing with and then put everything else in dex. This increases your damage and thus your healing from bloodpaint.

If you decide to take your sin to endgame, you'll probably want to stat out the mag and the vit and put those points into dex. But it won't hurt your play in the meanwhile.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sages: Demand on bloodpaint, dagger devotion, sage third cultivation to make Power dash and subsea strike available.
    Demons: Demand on 89 culti. Get triple spark.

I am a sage. I will not tell you all the advantages of being sage, but i can tell you: In doubt go demon like everyone else. I'm sage because i'm sure of it.

Sages are like 3 to 5 times more expensive than demon sins.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sages: Demand on bloodpaint, dagger devotion, sage third cultivation to make Power dash and subsea strike available.
    Demons: Demand on 89 culti. Get triple spark.

I am a sage. I will not tell you all the advantages of being sage, but i can tell you: In doubt go demon like everyone else. I'm sage because i'm sure of it.

Sages are like 3 to 5 times more expensive than demon sins.

Maybe I missed the memo... Or is there something coming up later I don't know about...

I have bought all my sage skills (except bp and shadow escape) for around 2kk a piece... The average demon skill runs 4kk-6kk with some things being as high as 20+kk (wasn't gonna spend all that lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Cut_Bait - Heavens Tear
    Cut_Bait - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Maybe I missed the memo... Or is there something coming up later I don't know about...

I have bought all my sage skills (except bp and shadow escape) for around 2kk a piece... The average demon skill runs 4kk-6kk with some things being as high as 20+kk (wasn't gonna spend all that lol)

I'm curious about this, too. Why is one culti more expensive than the other? Is it "only" the fact that skills are priced differently? The gear seems to be basically the same except for the end-game shards/stones.
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm curious about this, too. Why is one culti more expensive than the other? Is it "only" the fact that skills are priced differently? The gear seems to be basically the same except for the end-game shards/stones.

More often than not, people call the sage culti more expensive because to get the most out of it, you need more of the skills. However, sage skills are often cheaper because fewer people go sage. Demon would appear more expensive because more people go that path, thus being more in demand and driving the price up.

Realistically, both paths cost about the same to get the same gear and same skills. The only difference boils down to the price of skills and gear on your server.
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    More often than not, people call the sage culti more expensive because to get the most out of it, you need more of the skills. However, sage skills are often cheaper because fewer people go sage. Demon would appear more expensive because more people go that path, thus being more in demand and driving the price up.

Realistically, both paths cost about the same to get the same gear and same skills. The only difference boils down to the price of skills and gear on your server.

Indeed.

Most people view the cultivation choice in the following light:

You want damage, you go Demon. You want something else, you go Sage. And since most sins are farming alts to begin with, most people go Demon. The already ridiculous DPS of a Demon sin kinda means that getting more DPS via skills like Dagger Devotion isn't that high a priority.

Basically, most people go Demon for the spark and Sage for the skills.

And generally speaking, there is no difference in the gear you get, the difference is often in the shards you choose. Sages, with their spark and Bloodpaint and Focused Mind have less inclination to go with Primevals/JoSD/Citrine Gems because of their already higher survivability, so they tend to go with DoTs. Demons, on the other hand, mostly go with Primevals/JoSD/Citrine Gems. And if you account for that, then Demons are actually the more expensive, as 24 Primevals would cost you about 1bn whereas 24 DoTs would cost you maybe 300m, leaving you with an excess 700m. And that more than covers all Sage skills.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Also, via several points in this thread, a sins endgame survivability is given more from damage than any other factor. This is why you get the advice "pure dex or gtfo" because if you add to vitality you lower your damage and lower the amount of heals you get returned, so adding to vitality can actually lower your survivability as a sin or be about the same. If you have the choice of damage vs damage and survivability, go damage and survivability.

3 dex, 1 vit, 1 str = survivability
    4dex, 1 str= damage and survivability. 99% of the time this is better.

Sage = 25% reduction spark for more survivability
    Demon = 25% increase attack speed for damage and survivability

Anyways, the other reason people say sage class is more expensive is the higher need for endgame gear. I mean... Demon can hit 5.0 with H&Ts (don't!). I'm going 4.0 Rank 8 here, if I was a sage that would be 2.86 (28.5%) dmg difference, and we can walk backwards sage vs. demon aps

Sage.....Demon

So you might be able to get into a vana squad with crappy gear and 2.86aps as a demon but you are probably not going to get into a squad with 2.0 sage. Although... maybe as a paint ****. This is why Sage has earlier higher gear requirements and is considered more expensive.

The other concept is Sage's using windshield spam on genie for increased aps, which means they constantly have to supply genie chi.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Cut_Bait - Heavens Tear
    Cut_Bait - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Indeed.

Most people view the cultivation choice in the following light:

You want damage, you go Demon. You want something else, you go Sage. And since most sins are farming alts to begin with, most people go Demon. The already ridiculous DPS of a Demon sin kinda means that getting more DPS via skills like Dagger Devotion isn't that high a priority.

Basically, most people go Demon for the spark and Sage for the skills.

And generally speaking, there is no difference in the gear you get, the difference is often in the shards you choose. Sages, with their spark and Bloodpaint and Focused Mind have less inclination to go with Primevals/JoSD/Citrine Gems because of their already higher survivability, so they tend to go with DoTs. Demons, on the other hand, mostly go with Primevals/JoSD/Citrine Gems. And if you account for that, then Demons are actually the more expensive, as 24 Primevals would cost you about 1bn whereas 24 DoTs would cost you maybe 300m, leaving you with an excess 700m. And that more than covers all Sage skills.

Thanks.