[Server Maintenance Tonight] 8-2-11

Comments

• CiLi/ - Heavens Tear
    CiLi/ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If barbs are QQing about loosing agro then they are obviously not doing something right. I personally have watched a few barbs keep agro from twitchy twitchy sins. Not to hard IF THEY KNOW HOW TO PLAY THEIR CLASS. There is many barbs that say oooo look at me I am a barb I can tank but in reality if they have to struggle to keep agro then go see the PWI School teacher on the platform they could prob give ya lessons.. xD Yes I know this post will prob get some comments but eh. Just stating my opinon. Like everyone else I have one and am entitled to it... NOW GO OUT THERE AND HAVE FUN!!!!
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You expected more?

Cili... no matter how good the Barb is they can't keep aggro from a 5APS Sin unless they have enough damage output to out-damage the sin.... which, unless they have major advantages in refines and shards isn't going to happen. Just sayin' o.o
  • Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver
    Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Apparently so kinda a major let down again
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sorry to break it to you, but you're in store for a lot of let downs..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    I'm not, I stopped expecting anything good a long time ago so if anything in for a.. let up? I guess that's what we call it :o
  • d4rksworder
    d4rksworder Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    the 3 hour maintenance wait is just to relax the chat filter?!?! jesus christ just to kid with you gm's but are you smoking a joint and drinking beer while watching a movie? cos a movie takes like 2 hours, some breaks in between movie parts to change some coding and then off to the joints and beer once again :P
  • CiLi/ - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    what! they cut off the rest of the A of my name! how dare they!!!
  • Pythe - Dreamweaver
    Pythe - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    LMAO

For the question: Barbs are NOT on steroids. I say SINS are on them.
    Kantorek wrote: »
    I have never knowingly took Steroids. My Skill Trainer told me it was flaxseed oil. b:sad
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    Hojuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If barbs are QQing about loosing agro then they are obviously not doing something right. I personally have watched a few barbs keep agro from twitchy twitchy sins. Not to hard IF THEY KNOW HOW TO PLAY THEIR CLASS.

not. >:|
    there are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.
  • CiLi/ - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    i knew that was coming xD
  • XBunneh - Raging Tide
    XBunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Some ppl get their names censored in the chat.. They should really fix that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ xBunneh @ Raging Tide ~ sig made by me
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    LMAO

For the question: Barbs are NOT on steroids. I say SINS are on them.

We've resolved this issue already, Sins are on meth. Possibly crack. Everyone else is on pot because we think we can fly on swords and two legged tigers, wolves, pandas, and lions can magically transform into white tigers o.o
  • MinervaEris - Sanctuary
    MinervaEris - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    We've resolved this issue already, Sins are on meth. Possibly crack. Everyone else is on pot because we think we can fly on swords and two legged tigers, wolves, pandas, and lions can magically transform into white tigers o.o

Rofl XD Hell yeah.
    Life is chaotic peace
    MinervaEris- 101 demon sin
    Pyrothena- 91 sage veno
    HadesDeimos - 80 Archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Some ppl get their names censored in the chat.. They should really fix that.

They are already aware of this... http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1128291
  • CiLi/ - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Meh my name is supposed to look like this CiLi/\ but they took out the other slash... A racists.... Now I just look like cili.... *goes in a corner and cries*
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    Hojuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i knew that was coming xD

wasn't QQ. just saying you're wrong. at levels 99 and below, sure, barbs are able to hold aggro. the second a 5aps sin with decent enough dags or an archer/bm w/e 5aps (or 4aps r9) starts sparking on you, say bye-bye to aggro. you can still throw in a couple of reams, just to get a few hits off of the apser, but that's about it.
    there are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.
  • XBunneh - Raging Tide
    XBunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2011

LOL, so true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ xBunneh @ Raging Tide ~ sig made by me
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Nice Patch Notes...ffs....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • CiLi/ - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011

LMAO
    You get the gold star for the best answer
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2011

I want to learn more about that pot, maybe laced? O_o...b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • CiLi/ - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    wasn't QQ. just saying you're wrong. at levels 99 and below, sure, barbs are able to hold aggro. the second a 5aps sin with decent enough dags or an archer/bm w/e 5aps (or 4aps r9) starts sparking on you, say bye-bye to aggro. you can still throw in a couple of reams, just to get a few hits off of the apser, but that's about it.

Didn't say you were QQing just saying the ones that dont try to just compensate for the twitchies is all. Ya know just devour or something instead of complain about it. The way I see it is this: As long as the job gets done then what does it matter? Yes I will be the first to stick up for Barbs and Barb rights (GIVE THEM BACK THE ABILITY TO TANK!!!) Cause me personally on my own sin I hate tanking I will be the first to let the barb have it. I have even taken off my int gear and crit stuff just so I don't take it away. Frankly... that is one fishy that don't want to be tenerized before its prime xD
  • FataIity_ - Archosaur
    FataIity_ - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Auto patcher is not up yet?b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Where's my auto-patcher?b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Didn't say you were QQing just saying the ones that dont try to just compensate for the twitchies is all. Ya know just devour or something instead of complain about it. The way I see it is this: As long as the job gets done then what does it matter? Yes I will be the first to stick up for Barbs and Barb rights (GIVE THEM BACK THE ABILITY TO TANK!!!) Cause me personally on my own sin I hate tanking I will be the first to let the barb have it. I have even taken off my int gear and crit stuff just so I don't take it away. Frankly... that is one fishy that don't want to be tenerized before its prime xD

Barbs still have the ability to tank, just like a Blademaster has the ability to tank before having high APS. The thing is they aren't able to generate as much aggro as a person with 4/5APS. I just thought I'd clear that up o.o

I love tanking, I don't like barb gameplay... but I love tanking on my Blademaster and my Assassin, it's nice :D
  • FataIity_ - Archosaur
    FataIity_ - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    PWI wants to make us work moreb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    No clue, I have not used that thing in ages.

If you want it, here is the link for manual update.

http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_545-547.cup
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CiLi/ - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Barbs still have the ability to tank, just like a Blademaster has the ability to tank before having high APS. The thing is they aren't able to generate as much aggro as a person with 4/5APS. I just thought I'd clear that up o.o

I love tanking, I don't like barb gameplay... but I love tanking on my Blademaster and my Assassin, it's nice :D

I am talking about the barbs that dont have the 4 or 5 aps the ones that was actually built to be a turtle and stand there as they are hit and keep it on em and their hp hardly move. Thoes are the ones I am talking about... QQ i miss themb:cry
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    I am talking about the barbs that dont have the 4 or 5 aps the ones that was actually built to be a turtle and stand there as they are hit and keep it on em and their hp hardly move. Thoes are the ones I am talking about... QQ i miss themb:cry

Um... so am I... o.o

When I say barbs still have the ability to tank I'm referring to tank build barbs, they may not be able to hold aggro from a 4/5APS person but when it comes down to it, they still have the ability to tank.
  • Zameri - Archosaur
    Zameri - Archosaur Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Patch Notes Version 547
    Released August 3, 2011

Chat Filter
    The chat filter has been relaxed once again. It should be about as relaxed as it was before changes were implemented.

Captain America is on steroids, but he's my hero.

b:laugh

Lol Wat?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Therefore, Shigofumi
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    the 3 hour maintenance wait is just to relax the chat filter?!?! jesus christ just to kid with you gm's but are you smoking a joint and drinking beer while watching a movie? cos a movie takes like 2 hours, some breaks in between movie parts to change some coding and then off to the joints and beer once again :P
    FYI, client side maintenance and server side maintenance don't necessarily have anything to do with each other. They could be doing lots of stuff server side during maintenance, such as backing up the database.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)