NPC getting angry?

Kotaxxxx - Raging Tide
Kotaxxxx - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Ok so while loggin in the game sometimes I see in the tip that :Dont stand on a NPC's head for long or they wont like it"

LOL, b:pleasedb:chuckleb:laugh

But what does it happen?
I am curious D:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kotaxxxx - Raging Tide on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    It's PWI's way of saying, "We're not fixing the rubberband issue from landing on NPCs."
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    They turn into Wraith Harpy b:sin
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    They kill you. im serious.
  • Meimeixo - Heavens Tear
    Meimeixo - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    They don't let you escape by keeping you in an infinite loop of rubberbanding. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2011

That is freaking awesome. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011

I friggin told you not to **** her off! Why didn't you listen to me?! Why?! b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    All too often I forget and land on the Head Hunter's head after BH100. He gets angry and gives me chips. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    They don't let you escape by keeping you in an infinite loop of rubberbanding. b:cry
    Actually, I've landed on a few NPCs' heads lately and stepped off them with no problems.

Has anyone else seen this kind of rubberbanding lately or has it been fixed now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Kings_tides - Raging Tide
    Kings_tides - Raging Tide Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Actually, I've landed on a few NPCs' heads lately and stepped off them with no problems.

Has anyone else seen this kind of rubberbanding lately or has it been fixed now?

TBH, ive actually not had much at all. sometimes in archo, when you step on the center bridges, and a rare time while holy pathing around corners. Seems like its actually fixedb:thanks
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I didn't see any rubberbanding either lately (maybe because I only move from nirvana keys npc->autioneer lately)
  • Irae - Harshlands
    Irae - Harshlands Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    has it been fixed now?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh god that was funny
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Rubber banding is still in game, in most of the instances there's rubberbanding. When you drop from high in the sky there's rubberbanding. In most of the map there's rubberbanding...endless list

They fixed (kinda) the RB when landing on the heads of a NPC for most of them tho. It still happens but in all honesty i can say that about 80% of PWI npc are now free of rubberbanding. And thats a very good thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    No, not mrs Zoologist... Shes the Devil b:shocked
  • Kotaxxxx - Raging Tide
    Kotaxxxx - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    whaaaat :O

I had attacked Mrs Zoologist's pets 100 times.
    She attacked me and brought my Health down to 5% but she never killed me,

please tell me what I can do to make her kill me plsss b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    I don't know, one minute I was causing mischief punching her, taking her threats lightly, and the next, I...I was...dead b:sad
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    It's PWI's way of saying, "We're not fixing the rubberband issue from landing on NPCs."

This.

This is actually true.

Also you weren't actually punching Zoologist..you were punching one of those 'immune to damage' invisible mobs that are scattered in Arch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I don't know, one minute I was causing mischief punchinher, taking her threats lightly, and the next, I...I was...dead b:sad

It would be awesome if guards (especially those at Archo West Gate) could retaliate like this when it comes to bored PKers wishing to fill sparks fast... While of course remaining invincible NPCs.
    'You punched me so many times and for that long, you did not expect this for a reply ever, did you? It's just desserts for you, no hard feelings' b:laugh
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
    edited August 2011
    This.

This is actually true.

Also you weren't actually punching Zoologist..you were punching one of those 'immune to damage' invisible mobs that are scattered in Arch.

No, pretty sure it was zoologist because she was stunning me and zapping me for punching her while i wasn't attacking her pets. And I targeted her after she zapped me for killing her pet. So yea it was her, she killed me!
  • suzubishi
    suzubishi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Mrs. Zoologist zapped my pet because my pet killed her pet. b:cry
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    =P I haven't rubber banded for months. Even when dropping from high heights and landing on ncps.

Also ;___; Why did you poke Mrs. Zoologist!?

...This reminds me of the time we told a newbie about the invisible boss below the center of Archo's fountain...So much lol'ing ensued, since he couldn't fly at the time and was so terrified of aggroing it. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    suzubishi wrote: »
    Mrs. Zoologist zapped my pet because my pet killed her pet. b:cry

Man, she sure has chronic bad tantrums... I always tiptoe to talk to her and run away from her super fast once I am done giving a new skill to my pet (as a veno, obviously).
    =P I haven't rubber banded for months. Even when dropping from high heights and ...This reminds me of the time we told a newbie about the invisible boss below the center of Archo's fountain...So much lol'ing ensued, since he couldn't fly at the time and was so terrified of aggroing it. XD

Yeah, but the day you meet Mantavip Scout and his ruthlessness, you sure don't laugh anymore about a swimming freak of a boss lurking around (this darned dude gives me the creeps each time he suddenly swims around me, especially as a lower leveled squishy character. Shark tooth quest and so on)
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Pythe - Dreamweaver
    Pythe - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You know if you ATTACK Mrs. Zoologist, she will attack you back? Oh wait you already know since her HP bar isn't full there.....

• Ray - Momaganon
    Ray - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Rubberbanding at NPC's head is much better now than when genesis expansion came out, it was horrible before.
    Even then, if you happen to get rubberbanding at npc head, you just have to use your wings and is fixed, same for the most of rubberbanding in the map... (except for instances)
    Always man up. -> /watch?v=pvaN27TgJUc
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I just use the fly option if I end up rubberbanding :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Pythe - Dreamweaver
    Pythe - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Same here. Although I must admit I haven't rubberbanded from an NPC's head in a long while.
    I just use the fly option if I end up rubberbanding :P
    edited August 2011
    You know if you ATTACK Mrs. Zoologist, she will attack you back? Oh wait you already know since her HP bar isn't full there.....

Well duh. I've just never seen her kill anyone before, she's not supposed to be able to >.>
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    Well duh. I've just never seen her kill anyone before, she's not supposed to be able to >.>

Actually, I think she's killed me before on a BM or something. Forgot which char it was but I think it involved a serk proc when she attacked or something similar. Kind of like that glitch where you can kill people in duels if they use a skill that reduces their HP while you're finishing them or the like. Yeah, I'll admit it. I'm pretending to stalk you on the forums cause I'm bored.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    Actually, I think she's killed me before on a BM or something. Forgot which char it was but I think it involved a serk proc when she attacked or something similar. Kind of like that glitch where you can kill people in duels if they use a skill that reduces their HP while you're finishing them or the like. Yeah, I'll admit it. I'm pretending to stalk you on the forums cause I'm bored.

That's how I killed a bluename once b:cool
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    ^Proof math is OP. b:shocked
    edited August 2011
    I have no Zerk on those silly little level 1 claws i was using lol, I have no clue how she managed to kill me o.o